The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The addition of several Archon Shards has to come with an overhaul to the massive gating to earning them

Voltage

image.png?ex=65737575&is=65610075&hm=022

This is just ridiculous with the current state of Archon Shard time-gating.

image.png?ex=65737644&is=65610144&hm=1ab

These aren't really small existing bonuses either.

I'm not going to write an essay on why the week-gating and state of Archon Shards absolutely doesn't need to deal with this either, especially when fusing will lower your overall shard amounts.

15 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

There's also the longstanding issue of Shards costing so much Bile to unequip. I've got a bunch of Shards installed on frames I don't play much, now I have to pay a S#&$load of Bile to unequip them for Fusion? Unequipping needs to be cheaper (or free) and cost rotating resources instead of always being Bile.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 27

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

image.png?ex=65737575&is=65610075&hm=022

This is just ridiculous with the current state of Archon Shard time-gating.

image.png?ex=65737644&is=65610144&hm=1ab

These aren't really small existing bonuses either.

I'm not going to write an essay on why the week-gating and state of Archon Shards absolutely doesn't need to deal with this either, especially when fusing will lower your overall shard amounts.

They said there's going to be more ways to earn it, no? We'll see how accessible those are.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

No. 

they're squeezing every little mechanic to give us even more power and you want us to get it more often?

It took me almost a year to get 5 Tauforged Amber Shards on Nova Prime. I haven't missed a single Kahl mission or Archon Hunt. I am not saying everyone needs 5 Emerald Shards on every frame, but adding 3 new shards that require fusing and losing shards (which doesn't look refundable) is going to take literal years to kit out just one Warframe, especially if DE goes ahead with the idea of Tauforged versions of the fused Shards.

• Like 25

There's also the longstanding issue of Shards costing so much Bile to unequip. I've got a bunch of Shards installed on frames I don't play much, now I have to pay a S#&$load of Bile to unequip them for Fusion? Unequipping needs to be cheaper (or free) and cost rotating resources instead of always being Bile.

Adding colors this way is also going to make it harder to add, say, a new Archon. If they add Archon Bojangles and Archon Cane with the Black and White Tau Shards as new base colors, well now they have to add a bunch of new fused colors too. Not very future-proof...

There are a ton of mechanics which could make this not suck (fusing base to Tau, splitting Tau to base or fused to base, color cycling, etc.), but my faith in DE adding those is about as high as my faith in DE remembering to add plants for the Duviri planters. Which is to say just about none.

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It took me almost a year to get 5 Tauforged Amber Shards on Nova Prime. I haven't missed a single Kahl mission or Archon Hunt. I am not saying everyone needs 5 Emerald Shards on every frame, but adding 3 new shards that require fusing and losing shards (which doesn't look refundable) is going to take literal years to kit out just one Warframe, especially if DE goes ahead with the idea of Tauforged versions of the fused Shards.

Good luck with this thread.

I remember vividly when people (myself included) were criticizing the tau shard system and there were people that would spew toxicity and nonsense as hard as possible.

YOURE JUST AN ENTITLED CRYBABY WAAAAH etc.

I dont know if its a white knight issue, and they feel compelled to crusade on behalf of DE's honor because they cant bear the thought of their fair maiden facing any criticism, or "but muh power creep is the devil" people expressing vitriol because they hate the concept of having anything new and actually useful to earn in general, or both.

They did say there'd be another way to earn them and hopefully that includes tau. Maybe we'll finally be able to merge into tau.

They also said all the effects shown were placeholder so there's that. 

Im wondering what the melee arcanes are going to be.

• Like 14

I'm over here hoping at the very least they add in more ways to obtain shards, or at least make it easier to earn shards. If they're adding the ability to fuse two shards of different types into special new ones, then also having the ability to fuse shards of the same type into tauforged ones would also be neat.

Currently I just want to wait and see what happens once Whispers in the walls comes out, if the brand new shards are worth fusing the shards i have right now or if i'm better off sticking with using my crimson, azure and amber shards.

Those emerald shard stats from the image OP posted are just pre-release stuff, but if that is what the emerald shard feature, then i feel like i'm better off just sticking with my current shards, although i could see it potentially being really neat on Saryn, especially with the extra ability damage on enemies affected with corrosive status, the additional corrosive stacks and also the extra toxin proc damage and healing on toxin damage ticks making her 3rd ability stronger. Also Hydroid to a degree, but i don't think you'd use hydroid's abilities to kill enemies anyway but to shred their defenses, unless the extra ability damage on enemies affected with corrosive is able to benefit plunder's bonus corrosive damage on weapons which feels unlikely?

Edited by crimsonspartan1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I totally spaced this aspect of it too. Mannn....

• Like 8

For myself personally, I'm reserved until they expand on, or we see first hand the newer acquirement methods that they hinted at. Like, generally in Warframe, (at least to how I feel), things get easier and more frequent with time. Like, Hek, we even got two Umbra Forma in the Dev Stream today. So, a part of me, wouldn't be surprised, if Archon Shards in general were made more accessible and generous, just to push and incentivise the new coloured shards. Which will enter subjective territories in the sense, for some, the additional methods will cover what they want to do with the shards, but for others, it won't be enough still. Like, I personally play quite a lot of different Warframe, so have an instinct to want all of them to have shards, but... thats not really possible or realistic, so I also try to personally reign in that desire and just be happy with Warframes I really think need/deserve it (and having a lot of Bile resources help). 

So, and but... I do hope new acquirement methods are decent, and not too grindy and or sometime in the closer future it is made more efficient. 

17 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Just in case you weren't aware, and might be interested. There was a Reddit thread a few weeks ago, that touched on resources for Helminth within the comments, that got a response from DE (I think DE Rui), that mentioned that with the next update, the Resources you could fed Helminth would be expanded. Not that it directly addresses the point you raise, but I thought it could be worth bringing up here, (I generally agree with your point), and having more resources that can be used for Bile, could be a small help (cost reduction and different resources would be better though.). 

Yeah the idea of "use your extra shards to make new ones!" is HILARIOUSLY short-sighted. If someone starts Warframe today, they will have to do every archon hunt AND khal mission for like a full YEAR to be able to even consider using "extras" for this crap.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BattledOne said:

Emerald AKA Saryn shard xd

2 of these will let corrosive fullstrip, which is neat in itself but especially with Saryn's spores.

It's especially neat since from what i see it's just corrosive in general, so if you have weapons with corrosive damage on them, just about anyone can full strip without the use of abilities. If it also affects companions, then that's even better. Would mean just about any companion can full strip, especially if you use the Verglas or the Dethmachine rifle.

Admittedly though there's many different ways to strip enemy armor off so assuming the bonus corrosive stacks is something the emerald shard definitely provides, i don't see many people using it unless they just don't want to use armor stripping abilities or mods that add armor stripping like Vicious Bond or shattered impact

I'm not doing Kahl missions to get more shards..that just sounds like an absolute chore.

Yeah they need to add more ways to get these items. The number you need is kinda ridiculous even before these new shards were added.

Edit: They did say they were adding shards to the new vaults, which is nice but hopefully the limit is more then just 1 shard.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 2

I'm just wondering why they don't let us combine regular shards to make Tauforged ones. I'm not too worried about extra Shards since I'm sure they'll add them to the new missions in some way.

Since there's a completely separate resource needed to even combine them, just bump up the cost of that resource. Then do some minor QoL, like being able to swap a base shard with its Tauforged for free, swapping the effect on the shard for free, etc.

I understand it costing resources if I'm slotting a different shard in entirely, but that 50% Bile cost should probably be for Tauforged shards and maybe a 25% cost for a regular shard. I shouldn't be paying 50% for every single shard I just want to remove from a Warframe when their Prime comes out, I'm honestly not sure why that even has a cost when it gets so damn expensive.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog

It's like they didn't listen to a damned thing any of us said.

You're cartoonishly behind if you haven't been hitting every archon hunt since kahl got released, players who start playing now will be PERMANENTLY behind the literal hundreds of shards that people have now

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

What extra ? WHAT EXTRA ? are you assuming i have 5 shards for 55 warframes AND extra ????

No, they're assuming you're in the same position as this person.

34 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I've got a bunch of Shards installed on frames I don't play much, now I have to pay a S#&$load of Bile to unequip them for Fusion?

Edited by NekroArts

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Huh.

Good thing they aren’t necessary or permanently stuck to my Warframes or anything, or I’d be feeling pretty bad for missing plenty of Archon Hunts

if some of those stats go live, those things will be 110% meta mandatory.

And with the amount of bile that it costs to move even a handful of shards, they pretty much are for many players