Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

snowball pvp is amazing

balckillofdeath

if the snowball mode is enough to impress.. then you're easily impressed lol. 

i usually very much dislike pvp modes. in almost every game i play. this includes but not limited to fortnite, cod, league of legends. Dota 2 so if this happens to be one i like then yes i am impressed. (and in fact, i actually had much faster full lobby matching in this mode, then all of the ones i mentioned above)

i never suffered terrible jankiness. or extreme lobby wait times.  i would agree dedicated servers would solve the issues of host advantage. maybe i just happen to have a lot of players

Although a huge downside for me is that you can hardly tell who is ally or enemy before trying to hit them or double check whether you see them on your mini-map. And that's ridiculous in a PvP team oriented game mode

the main solution i found is using the accessibility feature for enemy highlighting.  i just set the enemies to red, at 25 intensity and i could tell at a glance who the enemies was and who wasn't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Warframe's PvP uses the same peer2peer matchmaking as the PvE. No dedicated servers. That's the janky part

Not really? Conclave has had dedicated server support since 2016 and only uses P2P if there's no other option. If the event doesn't have a dedicated servers it's only because DE didn't bother to spin any up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Not really? Conclave has had dedicated server support since 2016 and only uses P2P if there's no other option. If the event doesn't have a dedicated servers it's only because DE didn't bother to spin any up.

Well all I can tell you is there was a LOT of host migrating last night! Methinks someone at DE should go make sure the dedicated server is doing ok, make sure it's still plugged in and everything

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Well all I can tell you is there was a LOT of host migrating last night! Methinks someone at DE should go make sure the dedicated server is doing ok, make sure it's still plugged in and everything

To be clear, what I was saying is that "Warframe's PvP uses the same peer2peer matchmaking as the PvE" is only a half-truth at best. The game's PvP can use P2P, like it is with this event, but the only time it does that is when there are no dedicated servers. And there are no dedicated servers only because DE can't be bothered to host their own or leverage the dozens of dedicated community-run servers we already have. Any jank you're experiencing from the networking isn't due to what the game has or can support, it's because of DE cutting corners. It ain't the mode's fault.

Edited by PublikDomain

5 hours ago, Kaiga said:

Yeah, amazing-ly bad.

This event is the reminder the community needed that conclave should be abolished in favor of something that works, because this mode SUCKS.

Not even for "something that works", it should just be deleted and no replacement attempted.

This event shows that PvP actively makes Warframe worse, and that the game would be improved by just removing it over putting any effort in to fixing it.

38 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

To be clear, what I was saying is that "Warframe's PvP uses the same peer2peer matchmaking as the PvE" is only a half-truth at best. The game's PvP can use P2P, like it is with this event, but the only time it does that is when there are no dedicated servers. And there are no dedicated servers only because DE can't be bothered to host their own or leverage the dozens of dedicated community-run servers we already have. Any jank you're experiencing from the networking isn't due to what the game has or can support, it's because of DE cutting corners. It ain't the mode's fault.

52 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

For what it's worth, the community servers actually can - and in fact are - hosting for this event.

The problem is that there are only so many of us while there are thousands of people wanting to do the event, so most of the time, you won't get in one. The Dedicated Server stats list is everyone who has hosted before, not everyone who currently is. This is basically the servers of everyone who hosts consistently:

https://conclave.uasclan.net/

To give you an idea also, across all of my servers I host, I typically see around 4000 unique players a week since crossplay happened. In comparison, I have seen over 10000 unique players over the past day just on my event servers alone. There's a lot of competition for spots going on!

There is also an issue that essentially breaks the servers sometimes right now until they get restarted, so that doesn't really help either (I'm already talking to one of the devs about it and trying to help knock it out).

Edited by MatNova
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MatNova said:

To give you an idea also, across all of my servers I host, I typically see around 4000 unique players a week since crossplay happened. In comparison, I have seen over 10000 unique players over the past day just on my event servers alone. There's a lot of competition for spots going on!

Your whole comment was cool and informative, but these numbers here are the most interesting to me. For all the jokes that Conclave only have 5 fans left on earth, it was cool to see indeed how many unique players it actually has

• Like 2

I had good luck with 2x2 matches and we had a great time with it. I got wrecked in the first match but realized I kept playing like a noob and decided to wise up and use team strategy to fight. Ended in a 2 point loss in the second match and then a draw on the third. 

Personally, I think PvP would be IMMENSELY better with Duviri Drifter, the necramechs or Kahl and the enemy factions. The slower movements and lower parkour ability would mean slower but more traditional movements and tactics. 

• Like 1

hace 13 horas, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily dijo:

If thats the "best version of Conclave"

Nah conclave it's bad in general and although a minuscule number of players still play conclave, at least half of them take advantage of code flaws or using aimbots.

I already know that someone is going to feel addressed.
Is It True Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

I actually found it to be decent myself. Like I wouldn't necessarily call it great or incredibly fun, but... As far as I can tell, loadouts didn't matter, so I didn't really have to worry about learning a "PVP meta", from a preparation standpoint. Also the three games I played were stable, and I think two of them took place on a server? I didn't run into any of the connection issues other people seemed to have experienced. 

I should have probably turned on the accessibility feature that highlights enemies though, as that was my only issue. I side stepped that, since allies were easier to distinguish, and I just adopted an "attack anyone who attacks my ally, or whose name I don't recognise (since allies names are on my scree to the right). 

I'd probably prefer a version of this be available over some of the other modes, if only to have a bit more of a chill way to earn Conclave standing if one wanted to. My perception was the other players I played with were also chill. Personally, the one thing that makes me weary of PVP in general, is usually more about the sort of players it can attract more than anything. Some people start taking PVP way way too seriously, usually, in my experience, more than PVE (though the latter can also experience that too, just less so usually).

Surprised it was up for so short though too. 

• Like 1

I dislike it.  The auto-melee accessibility feature doesn't seem to work, and both weapons I have access to feel clunky and unappealing.  I like Warframe because it feels good to play, and at least for me, this is the exact opposite; it feels like something that was quickly thrown together in Unity.

• Like 2

On 2023-12-02 at 5:51 AM, Voltage said:

Yeah, the one thing that translates from PvE that really makes PvP annoying is slam cancelling. I use it myself, but it's just annoying as a mechanic to have. The biggest issue with Conclave is that it is Warframe as a foundation, and Warframe is broken, unbalanced, and offers unrestricted movement that is completely chaotic.

I really think PvP could be decent if they re-added Stamina and tackled all the intricacies that made their way into Conclave from PvE that don't need to be there (like abusing some passives, animation cancels, etc.

I've always said this too. 

PvP was much more palatable to most players with Stamina. To approach PvP now, you have to have the mind set of old Arena shooters with high momentum. If you wouldn't touch with a 10 ft pole at something like Tribes you will absolutely hate WF PvP. 

21 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I dislike it.  The auto-melee accessibility feature doesn't seem to work, and both weapons I have access to feel clunky and unappealing.  I like Warframe because it feels good to play, and at least for me, this is the exact opposite; it feels like something that was quickly thrown together in Unity.

Lol, I had immediately noticed that too. It's more than likely PvP being in its own environment and for the most part DE pretty much abandoned it, and didn't even bother to do the updates in it.

Edited by PR1D3

Honestly feels super sluggish and bad to play.

1 - Make shooting snowballs faster and give them better trajectory.

2 - Make candy cane fighting faster and less clunky to use.

3 - Make snowballs deal more damage... You need way too many shots to break shield and kill enemies.

4 - Remove some of the maps that are badly suited for the gamemode. Like the Lua map is great , but the Corpus Cephalon Capture map is really bad, with tons of straight corridors where you can't really jump and dodge snowballs.

5 - Cut down round time from ten minutes to five minutes... Ten minutes is too long and it only lets time for a gap to widen when on a losing streak... My first match our team lost 45-2.... Really sucks to be stuck for ten minutes getting your ass handed to you. It's one thing to take punishment for five, but ten minutes meant tons of people just quit middle or the round.

Edited by (PSN)Stealth_Cobra

If they were going for fun and friendly snowball fight they should've disabled melee and parkour, made respawns instant, and used a small map. And some cherry music instead of yet silence would've set the mood.

I'm glad you enjoyed it but it was 30 minutes of boredom for me. My whole team just decided to have a dance party and chat for the last match. 

Not a bad event overall, but nothing memorable either

10 hours ago, pantophage said:

If they were going for fun and friendly snowball fight they should've disabled melee and parkour, made respawns instant, and used a small map. And some cherry music instead of yet silence would've set the mood.

Honestly that does sound better.

Just got into my first PvP match in ever; this one’s pretty good!

I have to agree with OP, it’s pretty fun. A good mix of melee and range, and a nice bit of coordination with some randoms.

Instead of being a thorn in my side as they hog the entertainment with their Multiplayer But Solo loadouts, the community is the entertainment! And some of them can actually fight back, which I wasn’t expecting. I’ll be jumping in for conclave standing every so often so long as there’s people playing

Some of those arenas are pretty nice too. Good verticality, not too big or too small. Some little areas to panic in and open areas to jump around and perch points. Made me appreciate the movement system all the more for how we could get anywhere but it takes a bit more effort than just flying around

Edited by (NSW)Greybones