Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "On Call Crew Should Be Nerfed

DavidKurt

My dear DE,

I left for about half year and just have returned for about one month.

I've been told recently that the "On Call Crew" and AFK during survival missions is the mainstream gameplay nowadays. 

The more ridiculous thing is, I've even being "educated" that throwing the crew in turn and then AFK is the ONLY RIGHT way to play the game, and people have rights to BLAME others who do not call the crew but manually pull their own triggers to kill enemies instead.

And yes, I've noticed that someone really got blamed by that in a Chinese community. I feel very bad for him.

It is really sad and frustrated for me to JUST AFK by using the "On Call Crew" and I really want you, DE, to nerf or somehow limit such kinda boring gameplay, like to increase the On Call Crew to a longer CD like 30mins or just once in a mission.

Thank you very much for reading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidKurt said:

I've been told

I've even being "educated" that throwing the crew in turn and then AFK is the ONLY RIGHT way to play the game.

then AFK is the ONLY RIGHT way to play the game, and people have rights to BLAME others who do not call the crew but manually pull their own triggers to kill enemies instead

There, I've identified your problem for you. You give too much credit (and therefore attention, ergo "power") to minorities like the riven mafia, or this so-called "AFK-Mafia". 

Play the game the way you want, within the rules. In fact I dare anyone to "blame"/"accuse" me of being a bad player by not AFK'ing or playing the game according to whatever is the latest meta. I double dare them to report me on it.

People like that only have as much power as they're allowed to by those they try to bully. And yes, I've had at least one or two poop players giving me poop by not playing in accordance to their "vision", and sent them take a walk by adding them to my ignore list.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, FulfillMyWill said:

On call crew lasts ~3 mins with 10 mins cooldown. You can't completely AFK with it.

Basically, wut I've been told is to place the crewman one by one so that all of the players can afk (like 3mins after 3mins). My friend didn't do that and got blamed. 

9 minutes ago, kamisama85 said:

The on-crew does not need to be nerfed.

You and your friend should definitely report people demanding you to cooperate with this style of play 'or else'.

In return, my friend even got reported by the AFKers. crazy.

17 minutes ago, kamisama85 said:

The on-crew does not need to be nerfed.

You and your friend should definitely report people demanding you to cooperate with this style of play 'or else'.

The more suitable idea is, in my opinion, a team gonna share the CD of that "On-Call crew" to avoid abuse.

False reports may harm the actual reporters, nothing is going to happen to a normal playing player.

Support can likely check mission data (it's just text really) and see what you do ingame, down to the emotes you use, if they get a report for afk they will simply load and see for themselves.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DavidKurt said:

I've been told recently that the "On Call Crew" and AFK during survival missions is the mainstream gameplay nowadays. 

The more ridiculous thing is, I've even being "educated" that throwing the crew in turn and then AFK is the ONLY RIGHT way to play the game, and people have rights to BLAME others who do not call the crew but manually pull their own triggers to kill enemies instead.

Drama Talking GIF by Prajakta  Koli

• Like 2

me: considers on-call crewmate to be virtually useless mechanic and not use it:

op: some absolute idiots have just educated me that this is meta therefore I demand it being nerfed!

Like not so long ago TheKengineer made a video showcasing sentinel build that can solo steel path content on it's own. Trying to rotate on-call crew within the squad by comparision is way more effort within the run, and gimping themselves performancewisely.

Not to mention that on-call crewmate is high level railjack intrinsic so expecting random players to have it unlocked is beyond ridiculous.

Considering this thread is the first time I hear of that method of "afk" this is in no way mainstream way of doing anything in warframe, those people were just full of themselves.

• Like 3

OP, with respect, you are putting way too much faith in what other people are telling you.  Because what you have been told simply isn't true.  I want to kindly encourage you to be more critical of the information you receive, and to put more consideration into verifying that information.

This is a great example of where putting our critical thinking caps on can help.  Because if we think about it for a minute, it's pretty simple to deduce that this isn't the case.  The majority of Warframe players are casual players who have barely scratched the surface of the game's potential.  They're generally not doing huge grinds, which suggests that the majority of Warframe players haven't even unlocked a Railjack Intrinsic that's rank 9.  Thus, it's highly improbable that a strategy requiring a rank 9 Railjack Intrinsic would be "mainstream".  So right away, we've got significant reason to doubt what you've been told.

With respect, this has the vibe of something kids would be squabbling about during recess, oblivious to the fact that everyone outside of their classroom is playing by entirely different rules.  Which is to say, the overall community of Warframe simply doesn't work like this.  There is no "right" way to play, and there is no set of agreed-upon guidelines as to who should be "blamed".  Warframe is a game where players are given access to an overwhelming amount of power, far more than your average player needs to play effectively.  Which is why, at least from what I've seen, the overall Warframe community doesn't care what other players do.

Because if you're a competent Warframe player, you barely even see the players you're matched with, since most of the time you're carrying them.  And it doesn't matter that you're carrying them, because with very few exceptions, it takes just as much effort to complete the mission by yourself as it does with 3 newbs trailing behind you.

If you take one thing away from my post, make it this: The players who are telling you how to play and who is playing wrong don't know what they're talking about.  Whether their motive is to feel better than other players who are different, or whether they're simply uninformed, don't give their naive words a home in your brain.

Warframe is a video game.  Play it and have fun the way you want to, and let other players have fun the way they want to.  At the end of the day, it's as simple as that.

• Like 1

I've been told that Warframe players can now equip up to 6 guns at once. Its crazy out there, DE be wildin out here. How is the game supposed to be balanced when one player can use a Kuva Bramma, Kuva Zarr, Incarnon Torid, Incarnon Miter, Incarnon Latron, and an Kuva Ignis Wraith 5000? I hear the new meta strategy, as I have been told, by several people, is that you just jump on enemies heads and they insta die and give you 1000 Platinum. You can also buy Platinum to make your Warframe bigger and just crush enemies with your feet.

Its called the huge guy meta and the serial crusher meta.

Yes these are Boondock Saint references. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Does crewman realy do anything good?!

It gives Affinity to clients.

1 hour ago, FulfillMyWill said:

On call crew lasts ~3 mins with 10 mins cooldown. You can't completely AFK with it.

I believe OP is mentioning coordinated On Call usage when Specters as a whole are a major portion of the problem.

These are the type of people OP was likely talking to:

dthdPSb.png

I think tons of people are forgetting that this cyst in the playerbase is why we have capped Steel Essence purchases from Teshin. Lots of people are just unaware of this because they only know what they know. As soon as you dip your toes into the areas of the game where people "play" this way, you realize just how stupid and disruptive it is to the game overall as it does influence changes in the game. Shedu's nerf was a consequence to trying to band-aid this problem.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Uh, while that Leaderboard is publicly open for everyone to look at, I'm pretty sure this still falls under the "name and shame" cat, by posting this, I could be wrong, but yeah..

image.png?ex=658871ec&is=6575fcec&hm=c62

I am not pointing to any specific name. These people put themselves there on a weekly basis.

EDIT: Cropped it just for your concern :).

Edited by Voltage

8 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

Not to mention that on-call crewmate is high level railjack intrinsic so expecting random players to have it unlocked is beyond ridiculous.

It's rank 9 Command, which is only 511 intrinsics. It only takes a few solid missions to get that, especially if you're playing public (which massively increases your affinity gains, due to increased enemy spawns and the mode's infinite affinity range).

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Uh, while that Leaderboard is publicly open for everyone to look at, I'm pretty sure this still falls under the "name and shame" cat, by posting this, I could be wrong, but yeah..

Nobody asked + L + ratio.

Just now, Hexerin said:

It's rank 9 Command, which is only 511 intrinsics. It only takes a few solid missions to get that, especially if you're playing public (which massively increases your affinity gains, due to increased enemy spawns and the mode's infinite affinity range).

oh, "only" rank 9 Command, "only" 511 intrinsics. I will not dispute the "few solid missions" because I imagine if you are hard carried into high enough level rj then yeah, should be doable, if you also completely ignore all the other intrinsic skills as well.

Expecting any random player to "just have" any rank 9 intrinsic is flat out silly idea.

16 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

oh, "only" rank 9 Command, "only" 511 intrinsics. I will not dispute the "few solid missions" because I imagine if you are hard carried into high enough level rj then yeah, should be doable, if you also completely ignore all the other intrinsic skills as well.

Expecting any random player to "just have" any rank 9 intrinsic is flat out silly idea.

You gain 1 intrinsic per 10,000 general affinity gained. To reach 511 intrinsic, you only need 5,110,000 general affinity. Dunno when last you played Railjack was, but that's not a lot of affinity to gain in there. You get a constant stream of it from the endless swarms of enemy ships, taking out crewships grants a ton each, and you also have a ton of it coming in from any of the numerous objectives and dynamic events that happen.

Edited by Hexerin