Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nothing to do in this game

NorthernDarkIceSoul

11 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

Are you familiar with the poem Zuerst kamen sie of Martin Niemöller?

Who cares?

If you finished the content in 3 days and can't find anything else to do:

That's a you problem.

Some poets writings in 1946 is completely irrelevant when it comes to how your digesting warframe content.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

Roughly ironing down to "go away" or "come back later"

What else are they supposed to do, they don't have anything to do and don't seem interested in finding something to do so taking breaks between updates is kinda their only option.

They seem to like PvP a lot and that's just not really what Warframe offers

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

Those three things you listed are of no interest to me, as they are simply not awarding; might as well just sit in survival mode. DE must provide with some sort of competitive PVP aspect, otherwise I don't see how else they could keep me engaged.

So you uhm sit down and play a PvE focused game and demand PvP to keep you engaged while there is plenty of PvE activities to actually play?

11 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

If you talk to a player of any of the following: CS, DotA, LoL, Starcraft, etc.. you'll find that you are very wrong.

That is because those are PvP games. So the content is infinite because the risk and reward comes from winning over other players. So you never finish the content. It's like how open world ganking and battlegrounds kept my interest in WoW for years beyond the point where I considered quitting, and the reason I've played so many of the Battlefield and Battlefront games. However I'm not seeking those activities in WF and dont expect them either since WF is neither an MMO or a PvP based shooter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

You absolutely have to set your own goals. There is no end game and if your not ok with that, there is no reason to keep playing. This will most likely never change.

This kept me busy beyond any content DE has ever made.

I used to do Solo endurance runs. Just push every frame near it's limit. Once it started to struggle I'd bail. Mostly because of the time investment. 3 hours to test a build was quite enough. That time has only increased from power creep. I quit when they changed enemy scaling. I'm back but not sure how long since what I enjoyed is gone.

Rather, it's dumbed down to where you just build durable as possible/immune and let OP weapons do the work. The damage system is also dumbed down.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

Roughly ironing down to "go away" or "come back later"

I mean... Yes? That's not me going "lmao get outta here bozo", that's me saying "you're playing the game too much, of course it's gonna get boring when you steamroll through everything in an update in 3 days because you've got nothing else going on".

I'm serious. Do something else. No single game can hold your attention like this, and Warframe isn't built for PVP (In my opinion they shouldnt have entertained the idea of PVP in the first place). Hell, the producer for Final Fantasy 14 has also said the exact same thing to people expressing similar sentiments of burnout and having nothing to do over in their game - He tells them to unsub and take a break, then come back when they feel refreshed. He doesn't want people playing 24/7.

Take a break. You'll feel better for it.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

If DE managed to get some solid servers and pvp up and running with minimal issue there would be a reason to play pvp

DE did try to make pvp fun balanced and revived, and it remained dead and irrelevant despite huge effort being poured into it.

Not every game has to have pvp ya know.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

Have you ever considered something that would allow players to stay in the game and play continuously?

No, because it is a video game for occasional entertainment, not a place to move in and live as if it's real.

• Like 3

It takes half a year for DE to produce another update, just so that I can finish everything in 3 days and then quit the game to come back another 6 months later. Have you ever considered something that would allow players to stay in the game and play continuously? Maybe some kind of indirect PVP? Capture territory, build defense, etc...? There is literally nothing to do in Warframe right now.

stop buying every new item they release with update for PLAT and start farming. Then theres plenty to do in the game and you wont finish it in 3 days. But ofc if you go for an easy route and buy for plat - yes, you`ll end up with nothing to do. Now, whos fault is that?

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

No, because it is a video game for occasional entertainment, not a place to move in and live as if it's real.

Not really what he is saying. He is asking for content so he can play WF continuously as the video game for his occasional entertainment. He isnt implying or talking about playing games 24/7. Not that he really has anything to complain about since the game is filled with what he is asking for already. That he doesnt like those specific activities and expect WF to add content that doesnt really fit the scope of the game is a different story.

I constantly assess new releases in search for a high quality product and, in rare cases, I even play games other than Warframe. This isn't nearly enough though.

let me know what platforms you have and i might be able to give you some ideas on what to play. I play on PC, playstation and switch

3 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

It would be nice if DE start pushing content every 6 weeks, we already know other game companies are already doing it so it is something possible to achieve in modern day game development.

Game development takes a lot more time than just six weeks. Their size isn't big enough for that. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

It would be nice if DE start pushing content every 6 weeks, we already know other game companies are already doing it so it is something possible to achieve in modern day game development.

Hell to the no. I hate that Fortnite has normalised this pace of content releases because it takes a lot of manpower, crunch, or both to meet that demand.

Take your time and chew your damn food or play something else in the meantime.

• Like 4

I'll admit, I don't relate to your perspective OP.  This update was like opening a massive Christmas present, and inside there's a bunch of new enemy action figures, a new hero action figure, a vast new tileset with lots of details to explore, and a whole slew of new accessories to give my hero figures new powers and combos.  There's so much new stuff here to play with!

If you're already bored of all that after 3 days, my best guess is that you don't want to play Warframe.

And that's valid!  There's no innate reason why anyone should want to play Warframe.  Some folks (like me) will enjoy what it has to offer, and some folks won't.  And even folks like me will get burned out sometimes and need breaks of varying length.

It sounds like you don't want to play the game that Warframe currently is, so I'd recommend listening to that voice and not playing it.  To do otherwise is trying to fill a star-shaped hole in your heart with a square peg.  And you deserve better.

So I encourage you to go out and try other games.  There are so many games, and undoubtedly there are some out there that you'll really like.  So take the risk, put in the effort, and try to find them!  If you don't, if you choose to instead play a game that you don't enjoy, things won't get better, and you'll only have yourself to blame.  And again, you deserve better, so don't let that happen!  Go out there and find what brings you joy.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MechNexus said:

Hell to the no. I hate that Fortnite has normalised this pace of content releases because it takes a lot of manpower, crunch, or both to meet that demand.

Take your time and chew your damn food or play something else in the meantime.

Strongly seconded. One of the reasons I'm never bothered by delays is that I know DE rarely if ever makes use of crunch. I'll happily take a slower release schedule if it means there isn't a human cost to said schedule.

• Like 7

5 часов назад, fakeplayerr сказал:

stop buying every new item they release with update for PLAT and start farming. Then theres plenty to do in the game and you wont finish it in 3 days. But ofc if you go for an easy route and buy for plat - yes, you`ll end up with nothing to do. Now, whos fault is that?

What’s wrong with buying stuff with plat? Am I supposed to infinitely accumulate it?

20 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

It takes half a year for DE to produce another update, just so that I can finish everything in 3 days and then quit the game to come back another 6 months later. Have you ever considered something that would allow players to stay in the game and play continuously? Maybe some kind of indirect PVP? Capture territory, build defense, etc...? There is literally nothing to do in Warframe right now.

This is not a good question to ask when you have conditions to your gameplay. It is definitely not a question to ask the forums. You're asking an internal response question that only you can answer. Throwing it at DE as if it's their problem is a bad move. 

Therefore, my question to you is: are you willing to create new conditions in order to enjoy a completely different side of the game you may have missed out on?

• Like 2

1 минуту назад, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 сказал:

This is not a good question to ask when you have conditions to your gameplay. It is definitely not a question to ask the forums. You're asking an internal response question that only you can answer. Throwing it at DE as if it's their problem is a bad move. 

Therefore, my question to you is: are you willing to create new conditions in order to enjoy a completely different side of the game you may have missed out on?

No, I’m not willing. Users keep saying it’s a me problem, while if you look at the charts you’ll discover that whenever an update drops the online doubles if not triples, showing that majority of users suffer the same issue. Perhaps it takes them three weeks instead of three days to finish another update, but what difference does it make? The issue is obviously not just me.

11 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

No, I’m not willing. Users keep saying it’s a me problem, while if you look at the charts you’ll discover that whenever an update drops the online doubles if not triples, showing that majority of users suffer the same issue. Perhaps it takes them three weeks instead of three days to finish another update, but what difference does it make? The issue is obviously not just me.

It's definitely a "you" problem.

Your the only one responsible on how you digest the content that's given to you. So if you blaze through it and then find nothing to do: That's a you problem.

Considering I've been (and many others) have been playing warframe for nearly a decade: I'd say finding something to do is quite easy.

Or else we'd have moved on years ago. There's plenty to do. Whether or not you want to figure that out is 100% on you.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 6