Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People are becoming more impatient as of late.

Lancars

Didn't bring the thing to the objective fast enough? *player leaves*

Didn't grab your thing for the mission within 0.5 seconds? *player leaves*

I have been noticing this more and more. I even had one mission where I picked up the datamass to bring to the terminal and the other player left upset because I would be "too slow" Like really? You don't even know me so how can you assume so?

The Netracell thing. I just wanted a moment to read the cards before i grabbed one and i was being fast but no I'm guessing they want you to know how to do the mission inside and out without stepping into it.

People are starting to become testy like world of warcraft raiders.

• Like 12

Maybe because DE keeps slapping a weekly time gate on new content and it's making people feel like they have to do all the weeklies. Which takes up literally all of their time to play the game with how many there are now.

On top of there also being an excessively grindy event happening right now.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 21

To some, Warframe is a game about efficiency. People generally want to do the objective asap because they have to grind it multiple times, so the less time they spend with it the better.

That said, I've never met with the level of impatience you're describing. The worst I ever encountered were people leaving if we failed to defend even one objective in Archon Disruption. It doesn't fail the mission itself and it's a minor setback that takes a minute or two to rectify.

• Like 6

Look, I don't have a lot of time, whats the TL;DR version?

Kidding. I get you though, but its also kind of funny to me as well, since I am often paired with players where I somehow end up being the fastest generally, but I much prefer a more chill, relaxed friendly attitude as far as missions/quests. As in, I prefer when the people I am paired with are enjoying themselves, too. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with players having play styles and preferences, either, including those that like to rush and go fast, I just think its important for everyone, that we try to not impose ours on others. So just practice basic consideration and decency. A lot of people can end up counter productive to their own goals, because of odd, restrictive behaviours without any self awareness (like people who end up quitting multiple missions for being too slow, actually ending up taking far longer, or people who don't care about the wishes of 3 other players... because they prioritise themselves, ending up being screwed a majority more, because they are essentially training and encouraging more people to be dismissive/apathetic towards them.) Game theory and all that and real life experiences with having to be consideration, compromise, reciprocate etc

• Like 3

10 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

To some, Warframe is a game about efficiency. People generally want to do the objective asap because they have to grind it multiple times, so the less time they spend with it the better.

That said, I've never met with the level of impatience you're describing. The worst I ever encountered were people leaving if we failed to defend even one objective in Archon Disruption. It doesn't fail the mission itself and it's a minor setback that takes a minute or two to rectify.

I had one with the Netracell one. fourth person joins. We all have the Keyglyphs needed for the run. Fourth person grabs all of them and dies because its a lot of the health damage ones. Host leaves. Migration fails and hangs. So I ended up closing the game.

10 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Look, I don't have a lot of time, whats the TL;DR version?

Kidding. I get you though, but its also kind of funny to me as well, since I am often paired with players where I somehow end up being the fastest generally, but I much prefer a more chill, relaxed friendly attitude as far as missions/quests. As in, I prefer when the people I am paired with are enjoying themselves, too. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with players having play styles and preferences, either, including those that like to rush and go fast, I just think its important for everyone, that we try to not impose ours on others. So just practice basic consideration and decency. A lot of people can end up counter productive to their own goals, because of odd, restrictive behaviours without any self awareness (like people who end up quitting multiple missions for being too slow, actually ending up taking far longer, or people who don't care about the wishes of 3 other players... because they prioritise themselves, ending up being screwed a majority more, because they are essentially training and encouraging more people to be dismissive/apathetic towards them.) Game theory and all that and real life experiences with having to be consideration, compromise, reciprocate etc

I myself will go as fast as needed but you got people who live by the millisecond. What takes you a second to do seems to take Eons of their time it seems. They think it would be faster to exit out and remake and wait for people then let me choose a Keyglyph. I wanted to get the damage to health ones so they don't have to bare the burden but 'ITCANTWAITGOTTAGOFASTNOWNOW.BYE"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lancars said:

I myself will go as fast as needed but you got people who live by the millisecond. What takes you a second to do seems to take Eons of their time it seems. They think it would be faster to exit out and remake and wait for people then let me choose a Keyglyph. I wanted to get the damage to health ones so they don't have to bare the burden but 'ITCANTWAITGOTTAGOFASTNOWNOW.BYE"

Yeah. Same, I try to keep my team mates in mind when taking the keys, and be considerate and take the worser types, since I know I can manage them (as in I can already solo with all of them anyway). 

I think my favourite personal example, was an Archon Hunt I did. Second round was Defence, so I went with a glass cannon, Equinox build, designed to nuke, to make the Defence go faster for us all. Except my build was specifically for Defence, not hunting the Archon in the third round. Myself and one other player, let the other two players know, we would need a moment to switch for the third round against the Archon, so that would be easier as well. Except one player force started that mission because they were in a hurry... Except now half the teams builds were relatively ineffective, and ended up taking way longer than if they just let me switch to my Hek build. It was Nira too, which meant her healing was an issue, but then the person who forced the mission start was getting defensive/aggro at the other two players, and left, and we managed to kill Nira even with substandard gear.

Its a bit like spite, some people will waste more of their own time, to try to spite people they think, are wasting their time, without much realisation of what they are doing, nor how often it will occur again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lancars said:

I had one with the Netracell one. fourth person joins. We all have the Keyglyphs needed for the run. Fourth person grabs all of them and dies because its a lot of the health damage ones. Host leaves. Migration fails and hangs. So I ended up closing the game.

To be fair, picking the Keyglyphs is bugged in many ways. A lot of the time when I do a Netracell I don't see anyone having any Keyglyphs even if the whole thing is already ongoing when I join. They might have felt pressured to pick them all otherwise the mission couldn't be completed.

That said, even if the last person dies, that's no reason for the host to leave. I don't understand the reasoning behind it.

Honestly, permadeath modes shouldn't have hosts. The rest of the team shouldn't be punished by issues and bugs which often lead to loss of progress and time just because someone else ragequits.

Warframe have too much timegates now which makes too much duties and people want to get through those as fast as possible so they can play the game.

Weekly archon hunt, weekly netracell, weekly kahl, daily sortie, daily standing caps, then there is nightwave which makes us a lot of variety stuff. People can't farm what they want, they do what they can and when they are not in the mood to do these weekly gates but know they won't have time to do it later and they miss out if they don't, this is what you get.

Now it's even worse that we even have a timed event to get eidolon arcanes. I can't blame people quitting netracell missions early on newbies, because out of the 10 missions I never had a complete competent party where there wasn't someone who kept killing the enemies outside of the circle. It hurts to see how disconnected people are when I'm doing steel path effervo. Most of them have no idea where they are.

Edited by sitfesz
  • Like 1

Besides the time gates. It's also a result of making all notable rewards the sum of mission complete and not playing the mission.

Players used to be content sitting in missions if they had a good team and just fighting till they felt like leaving. I think at one point I'd hit 2 mil Cryotic because the game was about farming more than spamming. Going more than one rotation didn't matter if your efficiency didn't go down.

As a point of reference this trend of putting weapon parts in the endless bounties might be more appealing if they gave rep each rotation.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Lancars said:

I had one with the Netracell one. fourth person joins. We all have the Keyglyphs needed for the run. Fourth person grabs all of them

I don't understand this. There's been a couple times I was host, thinking I might end up playing solo in a public game had all 4 keys, on way to objective, and people joining still picked up keys. Like, why?! Why are you making it harder on yourself? Or this guy has 1, this guy has 2, this guy has all, this guy has none... in the same squad! It makes no sense to me that once the keys are picked up they aren't just gone -- somebody has it so you can't take it too. Outside of Chroma-ing, what am I missing here?

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

I don't understand this. There's been a couple times I was host, thinking I might end up playing solo in a public game had all 4 keys, on way to objective, and people joining still picked up keys. Like, why?! Why are you making it harder on yourself? Or this guy has 1, this guy has 2, this guy has all, this guy has none... in the same squad! It makes no sense to me that once the keys are picked up they aren't just gone -- somebody has it so you can't take it too. Outside of Chroma-ing, what am I missing here?

Mostly cause if they limited keys someone could have all the keys and hold the team hostage. There is also the bug where they don't see your key debuff. Or they think the more keys the better the reward.

Edited by Lancars

6 hours ago, Lancars said:

People are starting to become testy like world of warcraft raiders.

How dare you refer to us in such a heinous and disgusting manner.  The nerve, I swear...

Joking aside, I think that impatience has always been there with an unfortunate number of players.  I think the only difference this time around is that impatient players seem to be a bit whinier this time around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

They call us console players slowpokes.. :(

Porb because console players don't have the reflexes of a PC player or can button-mash every button on a mouse and keyboard like it's muscle memory. On top of them having more keys to press, etc. That and consoles are limited, amount of times I've had console players lagging or have terrible connection is sadly the reason why I disabled it.

But topic aside, yeah you'll get players who want to do it and get it over with, no your fault OP, DE made the game like this

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Besides the time gates. It's also a result of making all notable rewards the sum of mission complete and not playing the mission.

Players used to be content sitting in missions if they had a good team and just fighting till they felt like leaving. I think at one point I'd hit 2 mil Cryotic because the game was about farming more than spamming. Going more than one rotation didn't matter if your efficiency didn't go down.

As a point of reference this trend of putting weapon parts in the endless bounties might be more appealing if they gave rep each rotation.

Yep, basically this. It's just a self-fulfilling prophecy going forward that adds a corrosive element to the way content is added. I think the last time DE said "no this is how it is" was with Hema research. Even Arcane Adapters are sold for Platinum now despite Rebecca very clearly stating that these were "earned only" when they were added to the Steel Path. 

• Like 4

Just now, Voltage said:

Yep, basically this. It's just a self-fulfilling prophecy going forward that adds a corrosive element to the way content is added. I think the last time DE said "no this is how it is" was with Hema research. Even Arcane Adapters are sold for Platinum now despite Rebecca very clearly stating that these were "earned only" when they were added to the Steel Path. 

I'm sure Rebecca meant Primary and Secondary Adapters. She wasn't talking about the Melee Adapters. No sir!

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Welcome to Earth, 2023.

At this point the entire world is more polarized, more intolerant and therefore more impatient than it has been in a long time.

All of the people who watch this sort of thing agree.

Psychiatrists are publishing articles to let people know everyone is on edge more than normal. etc. and to understand it.

It's not just WF, it's our entire species right now.

Humans are rapidly losing anything resembling patience and understanding. 

So no, it's not DE's fault for the minutiae of the way the game has changed, our entire world is a pile of impatient, underinformed and aggressively polarized people right now, many of whom have no emotional tools to even deal with playing video games for fun.

Happy Holidays!

• Like 1

You can blame DE for that.

Even the timegates have timegates, and those have timesgates of their own.

Standing? Timegate.

Farming? Timegate.

Progress of any kind? Timegate.

Did I mention timegates yet?

I don't have the time or patience to wait just so I can wait even longer.

• Like 7