Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we PLEASE stop having ONLY strange deluxe skins for frames?

KindleBlaze

3 hours ago, Anemone.Antimony said:

nobody complained about the huge codpieces or the other half dozen topless deluxe skins like zato, harka, rakkam

I did. Want me to pull up my post history? In general I strongly dislike deluxe skins that make it seem like Warframes are wearing clothes instead of being biomechanical beings.

This skin, on top of falling into said category, explicitly shows why stereotypes exist if you look at Joel Schumacher's reasoning for giving nipples and a huge bulge to Batman.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 12

Sometimes I wish Tennogen artists could model the entire frames so we could see some whole "Tennogen Deluxe skins" instead of just a newly modelled helmet and a reskin of the body, but something tells me that'll never be a possibility, despite the fact some people could potentially make banger designs and myself and others would likely throw money at it. Modelling an entirely new body is very likely waaaaay harder than modeling just a helmet, but i'm no expert on such things?

I like some of Liger's skins like the Nezha deluxe and Nidus deluxe but I do also find some of their designs really weird like the newly revealed Styanax skin, but that's mainly just my opinion. Do wish we could also see some other skins from other artists as well as it feels like a vast majority of them come from one artist nowadays?

• Like 8

4 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Sometimes I wish Tennogen artists could model the entire frames so we could see some whole "Tennogen Deluxe skins" instead of just a newly modelled helmet and a reskin of the body, but something tells me that'll never be a possibility, despite the fact some people could potentially make banger designs and myself and others would likely throw money at it. Modelling an entirely new body is very likely waaaaay harder than modeling just a helmet, but i'm no expert on such things?

I like some of Liger's skins like the Nezha deluxe and Nidus deluxe but I do also find some of their designs really weird like the newly revealed Styanax skin, but that's mainly just my opinion. Do wish we could also see some other skins from other artists as well as it feels like a vast majority of them come from one artist nowadays?

We had a break from Liger with Ember and Wisp deluxes, forgot who designed them but it wasnt de

• Like 1

22 часа назад, Deshiel сказал:

We had a break from Liger with Ember and Wisp deluxes, forgot who designed them but it wasnt de

Yeah, during this time Liger made 4 Drifter outfits: Feldune, Keeler, Loneryder and Orizu.

Considering Harrier outfit that was made by Liger as a part of Zephyr Deluxe and ported from Operator to Drifter Liger made 5 out of 17 currently avialable Drtifter outfits.

Out of those 17 outfits only 1 available for purchase for platinum and isn't made by Liger. Isn't that a great choice?

Edited by Tesla_Reloaded
  • Like 8

I kind of see where OP is coming from. I still like most of the skins released, but i wouldn't mind seeing more sci-fi style remixes of frames. I would like the frame designs in general to return to that weird twisted bio-mechanical look i fell in love with. I miss that look of flesh fused with armor. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 11

On 2024-01-28 at 3:56 PM, Anemone.Antimony said:

nobody complained about the huge codpieces or the other half dozen topless deluxe skins like zato, harka, rakkam, etc. what's so different with this skin that it warrants this much vitriol? are you all really so scared of men's bodies that you need to pull out the slurs at even the slightest hint of sexualization of a man? grow up

Plenty of people complained about it but sure just make stuff up to support your point.

New Sevagoth deluxe is a prime example of Liger indulging in his worse tendencies, to call it visually cluttered would be an understatement, conversely Xaku deluxe is a complex but visually more simple design (concept art, in game model is not as neat) and is some fantastic work.

• Like 17

Deluxe skins were among the best originally, but it's been a while I didn't find one interesting. I usually still try to buy them on the off chance I can find some coloring that's nice, but... no.

That's concerning when even some Prime skins are totally garbage, it leaves you with extremely limited options

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I did. Want me to pull up my post history? In general I strongly dislike deluxe skins that make it seem like Warframes are wearing clothes instead of being biomechanical beings.

This skin, on top of falling into said category, explicitly shows why stereotypes exist if you look at Joel Schumacher's reasoning for giving nipples and a huge bulge to Batman.

To be blunt they are just ugly. And the deluxe skins nowadays have a weird tendency of having a cultural reference or something. Like if there is a new deluxe skin announcement there's a 50/50 chance we are getting a Wakanda something that's straight out of a folklore. But I play biomechanical war machine cladded in steel armor in this game, not some Wakanda warriors. But really it's not the main problem, the main problem is they are just ugly. And no I'm not trying to be racist here so go easy with the ban button. Like I will quite literally just pay for the deluxe to remove the dangling nipple plate of Styanax. And coincidentally instead of nipple plates I will get nipple piercings instead.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 7

22 hours ago, Deshiel said:

I wrote that this is too much on twitter and some dude called me a coward. I check thier profile and its full of pron. Is that the target audience?

No wonder I don't know what you talking about. So it turned out that OP edited the title.... so for those who replied before he edited the title, now it will seems like they agree on having 'strange' skin for frames. What a sabotage move from the OP... zzz

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

the deluxe skins nowadays have a weird tendency of having a cultural reference or something. Like if there is a new deluxe skin announcement there's a 50/50 chance we are getting a Wakanda something that's straight out of a folklore.

That's because most of them come from the same artist, its part of thier design DNA. That's why you got the feeling that some themes are repeating. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Deshiel said:

Non-Liger deluxes:

• Ember II and Revenant - Debbysheen
  • Baruuk - TBGKaru
  • Mirage - CleoNaturin/Vik
  • Wisp - Wubwubmaster(?)
  • Gauss - Takaya Lee
  • Protea - I honestly forget who it was, but they were on DeviantArt iirc

Those are just the community creators (aka fans), there's been some DE staff that've done recent deluxes who aren't Liger.

Personally speaking, I'm not a fan of Liger's designs overall; Xaku Deluxe was the only one I just barely liked, and that was due to the Lotus skin and that Xaku looked a little more androgynous if not leaning more towards masculine by a hair. I respect their skill and craft, but for my personal tastes it doesn't do it because they are notoriously difficult to FashionFrame (and look at all the texturing issues that are still going on with Sevagoth's deluxe since December).

ETA: Also, their Operator/Drifter gear is incredibly frustrating to use with other, older Op/Drifter gear parts. Textures do not match and it's as if they're not meant to be used in a modular manner unless it's with other Liger-designed items. Even then, it's hit-or-miss in terms of whether or not something works. And they're a little bulky as well, plus the feminine models do not show very well when a feminine body is used.

Their skins apparently sell quite well, so DE being a business will go where the money is. That's just business 101.

I, personally, would love to see either more Community-based Deluxe Skins (Takaya has posted a really neat Gyre design, for example) or from DE's art staff who aren't Liger, like Mike Skyers, Nikita/Atarwarren, etc.

Edited by Finlaena
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, Finlaena said:

Their skins apparently sell quite well, so DE being a business will go where the money is. That's just business 101.

I, personally, would love to see either more Community-based Deluxe Skins or from DE's art staff who aren't Liger, like Mike Skyers, Nikita/Atarwarren, etc.

Yep I think that is why we see so many from the same artist back to back more or less. And I'm fully with you on wanting to see skins from people that arent Liger. I do however really like the look of the Styanax deluxe (Warframmer Lizardmen Croxigor or Saurus?). Not such a fan of his other delux skins though, since like you mention in your post, they interfear with personal fashion frame options. Which is why I loved the Revenant Deluxe, it's easy to work with and if I dont want to use the body, the head fits perfectly on the base or prime body. And the heads from those two fit well and look cool on the deluxe with the high collar from the syandana etc.

And @L3512is spot on, visual clutter is a perfect phrase to describe most of them.

What I'd want even though I enjoy the cultural references in skins is for them to be more machines of death and less alive in the interpretation. More morbid aswell in a warframe sense. Like the Styanax skin. Instead of being so smooth and symetrical, the "scales" could have been ablative pieces of armor, but with gaps between them that show infested muscles underneath, maybe with the armored pieces of the body intregrated or infused with the muscles through tubes and wires, while still giving it the sense of an animal warrior. More wild helminth and less generic lizardman.

• Like 3

On 2024-01-27 at 8:25 AM, KindleBlaze said:

To be honest, as much as new Deluxe skins are elaborate and different, I do not find them really in style with Warframe. I love Warframe style it sets this game apart from other games, but please... Start making Deluxe skins more in line with Warframe aestetics.

Started with Rhino Bug skin (or Xaku ceramic pot skin, not sure which came first), I can't say that I have seen any deluxe skin that I would want on my frames. Now, I understand that there are players who like them... but can we, at least get second, more warframe like deluxe skins? More to follow lore? (Like Xaku deluxe - "Warframes are made with helminth, their organs intertvined with untold resilience, their skin sharp like steel sword..." - But Xaku will use CERAMIC POT instead of armor...?) 

JUST.... DE... Please... more deluxe skins in line with Warframe

Agree, Inuzuka's skins are too visually busy, is a nightmare to try to fashion over it

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Finlaena said:

Ember II and Revenant - Debbysheen

Interesting.  These two are some of my favorite deluxes.  

I wish more skins had a general humanoid look.  As it lends better to the attachments and armor in my opinion. 

As for the nipple tassels on the Stynax skin.... It would be cool if they were removable.  

But I will expect that they aren't just like Valkyr's jacket on that one. So I will hold on to my plat. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

I wish more skins had a general humanoid look.  As it lends better to the attachments and armor in my opinion. 

To be honest, I don't mind skins that are a little more out there, like Baruuk Deluxe. That one, I wouldn't use the body most times, but the helmet works incredibly well with other Baruuk TennoGen skins. 

But on the other token, there's a certain line between "offbeat but functional" and "frustrating to customize". Xaku Deluxe is my favorite Liger skin (which... isn't saying much), but I never use it because it doesn't visually work well in separate parts on other Xaku TennoGen skins or the default: the head makes it too top heavy and the body makes other Xaku helmets look like they're a pinhead. Yikes. 

Again, I stress that I greatly respect Liger's skills and abilities as an artist. But their Deluxe designs just do not do it for me. I'd love see Skyers' take on a Khora deluxe, given she's his baby and anything would be better than the holey buttcheeks that trigger my trypophobia lmao

• Like 2

On 2024-01-27 at 1:29 PM, 0bsi said:

Funny how when players are fawning over female frames like Wisp's & Mesa Prime's butt, Citrine's gemussy etc. etc.  it's fine....  Yet washboard abs and a smooth crotch (compared to the usual crotchblades) on a male frame and suddenly it's all "We can't have this - it's obscene!"

There's a few frames I won't use because I don't like how they look (yes, I'm shallow :D )  I don't use Styanax because I don't like the look (mostly because of the asymetry), but I'll be buying the deluxe as soon as it comes out because it's amazing! and because it doesn't look like the regular Styanax.

A friend of mine plays bought Rhino solely for the beetle skin - but I personally am not a fan.... each to their own.

It is a shame we don't have more deluxe (and Tennogen) skin options in general though, there's still a lot of frames I would use more, if there were more skin options to make them look different, and everyone has different tastes, so the more skins (of different looks) the better.

I love how you just assume its the same people doing and saying both things. Reality check- people aren't as easy to categorize as you think. 

On 2024-01-27 at 8:49 PM, Kaiga said:

It would be nice if there was any kind of quality control at all on the deluxe skins, not just outlandish horny crotch bulges and nipple piercings in a space ninja game because artists are terminally online.

Xaku deluxe? Incredible. Theme fitting. 

Khora deluxe? Hideous. Misproportionate. You have no idea what you're supposed to be looking at.

Fully agree, I get that it is what the artist wants to see in the game, and that a lot of people enjoy it too. But they have to know that its going to push a lot of people away just throwing in whatever the artist wants with no community input. 

On 2024-01-28 at 11:55 PM, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Yeah, during this time Liger made 4 Drifter outfits: Feldune, Keeler, Loneryder and Orizu.

Considering Harrier outfit that was made by Liger as a part of Zephyr Deluxe and ported from Operator to Drifter Liger made 5 out of 17 currently avialable Drtifter outfits.

Out of those 17 outfits only 1 available for purchase for platinum and isn't made by Liger. Isn't that a great choice?

Im starting to care less about this skin in particular and more about DE's favoritism. Give other artists a chance! 

On 2024-01-27 at 11:05 PM, Raarsi said:

I personally like the skin OP, so to each their own and clearly this is a "you" problem.

"Its a you problem" is such a cop out response. He is clearly not the only person who has an issue, and just saying "deal with it" is just going to build resentment.  

On 2024-01-28 at 9:10 AM, WERElektro said:

First off I'd like to say, that these skins aren't exactly my favs either. 

For me, peak design are the old simple warframe designs, like Excali, Nyx, Ember, Frost. Nyx Nemesis has a special place in my heart as well.

BUT... it is more than obvious that a whole lot of people like Liger's designs. Including their concept art for the styanax deluxe.

While the design does seem to polarize, I feel like the vast majority likes it.

What I am about to say is not directed at op , but at the crybababies  complaining about the skin for all the wrong reasons - you need to calm down. 

If you don't like the skin because it's too ""sexual"", then don't buy it.

I see none of y'all complaining about Wisp or Saryn.

"Crybabies" Why are you throwing insults around, we are having a discussion not a mud slinging contest.

And neither Wisp nor Saryn have nipple piercings. Nor has anyone really said too much about it being a sexual issue, plenty of sexy male frames in the game you know. 

On 2024-01-28 at 10:35 AM, Tesla_Reloaded said:

The problem isn't about sexuality. Heck, it's not even about those skins looking like freaks, overly bright clowns, psychopaths escaped from Brazilian carnival...

No.

The problem is about having little to no alternative.

Liger pretty much monopolized Deluxe skin market. And skins made by other 3D artists are extremely rare.

And that's what we want - diversity! We want to have a choice between styles, between artists. We want to be able to buy what we like instead of buying and not buying at all.

100%

On 2024-01-28 at 3:56 PM, Anemone.Antimony said:

nobody complained about the huge codpieces or the other half dozen topless deluxe skins like zato, harka, rakkam, etc. what's so different with this skin that it warrants this much vitriol? are you all really so scared of men's bodies that you need to pull out the slurs at even the slightest hint of sexualization of a man? grow up

Don't you dare start claiming people are throwing around slurs 

On 2024-01-29 at 12:03 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

I kind of see where OP is coming from. I still like most of the skins released, but i wouldn't mind seeing more sci-fi style remixes of frames. I would like the frame designs in general to return to that weird twisted bio-mechanical look i fell in love with. I miss that look of flesh fused with armor. 

Imagine if we got a sunder version of every frame where we see under the hood a little bit. (Referring to Umbras sunder helmet) 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, ShockTNC said:

He is clearly not the only person who has an issue, and just saying "deal with it" is just going to build resentment.

Well whoever doesn't like doesn't have to buy it.  Money talks a lot louder than whining here on the forums.

I do agree though that while I do like some of the skins Liger has done, he really should be sidelined to give more artists the spotlight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Well whoever doesn't like doesn't have to buy it.  Money talks a lot louder than whining here on the forums.

I do agree though that while I do like some of the skins Liger has done, he really should be sidelined to give more artists the spotlight.

DE is selling a product, so the "dont like it dont buy it" kinda dies at the doorstep. A lot of people have been waiting for Stayanax to get another skin (me included) and they would make a lot more money by releasing a deluxe that appealed to a bigger audience.

And these forums are here mostly to provide feedback, DE doesn't know why you didn't buy something unless you tell them why. 

4 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Not sure what happened to my other reply to you, but the gist was that DE makes money from these skins so they should be looking to appeal to as many people as they can, if you keep selling skins only one group of players will buy and making everyone else wait longer down the line then you are missing out on a lot of revenue. Throw out a crazy skin once in a while sure, but not every single time. 

• Like 10

On 2024-01-27 at 3:25 AM, KindleBlaze said:

Started with Rhino Bug skin (or Xaku ceramic pot skin, not sure which came first), I can't say that I have seen any deluxe skin that I would want on my frames.

It started long before that. 

I wasn't, and I'm still not, a fan of Liger's designs ever since they revealed the Nidus deluxe skin. A lot of my issues with his designs come down to the fact that the are either grossly over-designed or too reliant on real world cultural aesthetics (specifically Asian). 

Pulling inspiration from certain cultures isn't a problem in and of itself, it can certainly be done in a creative manner, an example of this is Warframe itself. The game has a lot of Asian cultural influences, but they presented in a more abstract manner. 

Teshin looks like a space samurai, Ash is a space ninja, Chroma is an Eastern dragon megazord, etc. but Excalibur Zato, Khora Urushu, and now Styanax, are too on the nose with their design themes. 

And others have mentioned, a lot of his concepts don't translate well into the game, due to the variety of textures he insists on utilizing. I feel that this is a huge negative when it comes to customization, especially in a game like Warframe, where fashionframing is a large part of the experience.  

As for the sexualization, I have nothing against that, but I will say that it just gets so tiresome, especially when there are very few franchises left that aren't sexualized to the moon and back. 

Why can't we have things that just look cool? Why does every fanbase have to have a portion of the community obsessed with fatasses, huge "milkers", dommy mommies, daddies, or twinks. 

• Like 7

On 2024-01-29 at 3:26 PM, Finlaena said:

Non-Liger deluxes:

• Ember II and Revenant - Debbysheen
  • Baruuk - TBGKaru
  • Mirage - CleoNaturin/Vik
  • Wisp - Wubwubmaster(?)
  • Gauss - Takaya Lee
  • Protea - I honestly forget who it was, but they were on DeviantArt iirc

Also Nyx Pasithea - Stjepan Sejic

Anyway, whoever made the Protea Deluxe should make more. It's absolutely amazing and has great channels and materials.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Also Nyx Pasithea - Stjepan Sejic

Anyway, whoever made the Protea Deluxe should make more. It's absolutely amazing and has great channels and materials.

I believe that was this person, Asturiisk

I hadn't really checked out their other works in a while, but I'm definitely digging their style. 

Edited by Autumn.Pandemonium
Added link.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Autumn.Pandemonium said:

I believe that was this person, Asturiisk

I hadn't really checked out their other works in a while, but I'm definitely digging their style. 

That's the right artist alright!

A lot of the work posted there is similar to Protea's Deluxe skin.

I could see this as Styanax's Deluxe with some changes and tweaks. It would be instant buy for me, unlike the currently proposed one.

IMG-20240201-190048.jpg

• Like 5