Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helldivers 2

32 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

How exactly?

It's easier to fail the mission and die (and significantly easier to do it in that order). And when I say that, I mean it's easier for OP to fail the mission and die

A lot of people on this forum forget that the average Warframe player isn't flying around with complete mastery of the bullet-jump coptering technique alongside Adaptation, Helminth-Nourish, Kuva Bramma, and a maxed-out Focus tree. They're trying to survive with a Braton and some reload speed mods and trying to thin thenumbers down before they get ganged up and ripped apart. And it's that earlier noob feel, when combat against Grineer and Corpus was actually harrowing and self-damage still existed, that Helldivers 2 is constantly filled with

People ALWAYS do this stuff anytime a new game was released...

"Starfaild is the new No Man's Sky and will kill NMS!" (... lol. that didn't age well, did it?)

"Palworld is such a Pokemon ripoff! Nintendo's gonna sue them!" (except... many lawyers on Youtube agree that there's no way and there's been no lawsuit yet)

and now we're at Helldivers 2 and Warframe.

Seriously, when will people stop with this crap?

This reminds me when all the new comers came to these forums complaining about how destiny was better than warframe. 

In a year you guys will be eating your words....why would you ever compare a brand new game to an already established game of over 10 years? It's just really sad how much you want some special placeholder to take over warframe as some "gotcha" moment.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's easier to fail the mission and die (and significantly easier to do it in that order). And when I say that, I mean it's easier for OP to fail the mission and die

A lot of people on this forum forget that the average Warframe player isn't flying around with complete mastery of the bullet-jump coptering technique alongside Adaptation, Helminth-Nourish, Kuva Bramma, and a maxed-out Focus tree. They're trying to survive with a Braton and some reload speed mods and trying to thin thenumbers down before they get ganged up and ripped apart. And it's that earlier noob feel, when combat against Grineer and Corpus was actually harrowing and self-damage still existed, that Helldivers 2 is constantly filled with

Ah ok, they meant the more co-op/difficulty side of things. I thought they meant more general gameplay. From what I've seen it looks like a mixture of MGSV and Starfox Assault. I'm very interested in the game so I was curious.

Edited by TeaHands
Seen not scene lol

18 minutes ago, Xylia said:

Seriously, you don't think this will ever stop, do you?

There are so many testosterone based gamers that live for hating on games and new games they can use to leverage that hate are candy to them.

People love to tear down anything successful to make themselves feel better about their own crappy lives.

My favorite prose about this:

Doc : [after hearing several of the townsfolk openly disparage George in the Bar]  Why do ya have to tear him down? What are ya so afraid of? What have you got to lose? He wasn't selling anything! He didn't want anything from anybody! He wanted nothing from nobody! Nothing! And you people have to tear him down so you can sleep better tonight! So ya can prove that the world is flat and ya can sleep better tonight! Am I right? Am I right?... I'm right... The Hell with all of ya. The Hell with everyone of ya.

Edited by Zimzala

57 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

This reminds me when all the new comers came to these forums complaining about how destiny was better than warframe. 

In a year you guys will be eating your words....why would you ever compare a brand new game to an already established game of over 10 years? It's just really sad how much you want some special placeholder to take over warframe as some "gotcha" moment.

Yeah, THAT aged like milk, didn't it?

Destiny was so awesome, they had to make a Destiny 2 and last I heard, it's not doing all that well these days, at least in terms of publicity.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything DE does, but one thing I consistently hear, is that people generally have positive things to say about Warframe, except for a few small scandals, but what game doesn't have those?

And I tried Destiny 2 for a few hours and it all seemed rather confusing, and... nothing at all like Warframe, and nowhere near as fun and engaging.

Basically it's any shooter with Diablo-style loot. Basically take that Doom reboot and add Diablo looting to it. You get showered with tons and tons and tons of gear, and you don't really care about most of it, you only care about the stats on it.

At least in Warframe, each weapon is unique at least in stats, and you don't have Item level 519 boltor is better than an item level 485 boltor then you go out and get another boltor to drop and this one is IL 521! wooot!  /eyeroll

If I wanted that I'd go play WoW or something.

Edited by Xylia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xylia said:

"Palworld is such a Pokemon ripoff! Nintendo's gonna sue them!" (except... many lawyers on Youtube agree that there's no way and there's been no lawsuit yet)

This one is a little different than usual because it was motivated by angry fanboys who get territorial about anyone stepping out of line under the gaze of their previous perfect Japanese overlords. The people leading the "this should get sued and die" charge admitted on Twitter they were just making up lies out of spite

Normal people are well aware that A) Palworld and Pokemon can coexist just fine, lots of people play both games, and B) Pokemon isn't even the only mon-catching game that can be ripped off in the first place 

1 hour ago, Xylia said:

We've just been playing Pong at home since the 70s. Twiddle some knobs, push some buttons, and watch the pretty lights move while it makes bleep bloop noises.

I play both, there really aren't many similarities besides "it's third person and there's guns"

4 hours ago, rockscl said:

When warframe was tactical coop shooter i mean, except the open maps, it was all about keeping you and your teams alive and having enough ammo

even back in the old days, Warframe wasn't as strict about things as Helldivers can be; you don't lose your ammo on a partial reload for example, or have to wait before you can use a Stratagem again. Warframe has always emphasised fast-paced gameplay and non-stop action it just got much faster and better at doing that over the years.

I am thoroughly enjoying HD2 though, and I'd recommend it to anyone, especially in a few more weeks when hopefully a lot of the issues with the game are finally fixed and everything is running as it's supposed to.

2 часа назад, Xylia сказал:

Basically it's any shooter with Diablo-style loot. Basically take that Doom reboot and add Diablo looting to it. You get showered with tons and tons and tons of gear, and you don't really care about most of it, you only care about the stats on it.

It's called Borderlands I believe.

hace 4 horas, TARINunit9 dijo:

I mean anyone who actually readed my post and not their own thoughts would get that this was the point, slam a braton on a escalibro or volt, release the player on mercury and you get Helldivers2, but man, the hostility and the metacomplaint, back in the days these forums were far more dangerous too, half of the coments in this forum would have got you oneshoted right away by the nearest admin, damn these were the days, everything was harder no pun intended.

Edited by rockscl

22 minutes ago, CoffeeElemental said:

It's called Borderlands I believe.

Or that, yeah.

Now that you mention it, it really does remind me of Borderlands without any of the quirky humor, and online-only/MTX added.

At least D2 ain't cell-shaded so I'll give it that. Credit where it's due and all that.

19 hours ago, Zimzala said:

There are so many testosterone based gamers that live for hating on games and new games they can use to leverage that hate are candy to them.

I just want to point out that this comment makes no sense. I guess you aimed to take a jab at a specific part of the population considering the specific words used, however that doesnt make any sense in reality.

If this was a testosterone based occurance it wouldnt be "testosterone based gamers", it would be "gamers with a testosterone deficiency", since it is lowered testosterone that actually leads to an increased state of aggression, anger and thoughts of disappointment and depression, in addition to physical complications. If you are seeking something similar that takes the shape of this but in excess it would be cortisol.

Common misconception though, and wide spread in this day and age due to "political" agendas. Too me it is really just misandry and no better than misogony. Since isnt the goal equality without prejudism?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

... If this was a testosterone based occurrence ...

TIL about Norepinephrine.

This has nothing to do with misogyny or misandry, it has everything to do with hateful gamers, gender is irrelevant to my point.

So, the correct statement I should be making is:

"There are so many Norepinephrine based gamers that live for hating on games and new games they can use to leverage that hate are candy to them." as Norepinephrine is the chemical responsible for fear and anger, not testosterone.

Always nice to learn a new thing, always good to further understand ones enemies.

Edited by Zimzala

18 hours ago, rockscl said:

I mean anyone who actually readed my post and not their own thoughts would get that this was the point

My Tenno you didn't explain anything, you just had a vague title and said "don't ban me" how was anyone who hasn't played Helldivers get what you meant??

• Like 2

On 2024-02-28 at 1:58 PM, rockscl said:

🙃 please dont ban me

No, it's not classic Warframe. Not at all.

On 2024-02-28 at 2:36 PM, rockscl said:

When warframe was tactical coop shooter i mean, except the open maps, it was all about keeping you and your teams alive and having enough ammo

Yes, Helldivers 2 is a tactical coop shooter. Warframe has NEVER been a tactical shooter, although yes, there was a time when you needed a Trinity to keep your team alive in high-level missions. That didn't make Warframe a tactical shooter.

I wish Warframe had some tactical shooter gameplay elements (mainly in the gunplay and enemy behavior), but that really wouldn't mesh well with how the warframes are designed and it's never been Warframe. It'll never be Warframe. I doubt any DE dev has even played a tactical shooter before.

I say that as someone who has played a lot of Warframe over the past 11 years, played quite a few tactical shooters, and is currently playing Helldivers 2.

Edited by OniDax

Honestly Helldivers 2 does still look good, I wouldn't play it for the same reason I play Warframe though, it would be for different reasons altogether.

It's just the Stratagem element and loadout building that appeals to me.

...Also the leaked summonable Mechs and I'm always down for that.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Since isnt the goal equality without prejudism?

Very naive Sneaky.

11 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Always nice to learn a new thing, always good to further understand ones enemies.

I see that you have not become less insane.

17 hours ago, Zimzala said:

TIL about Norepinephrine.

This has nothing to do with misogyny or misandry, it has everything to do with hateful gamers, gender is irrelevant to my point.

So, the correct statement I should be making is:

"There are so many Norepinephrine based gamers that live for hating on games and new games they can use to leverage that hate are candy to them." as Norepinephrine is the chemical responsible for fear and anger, not testosterone.

Not even that is accurate. Unless by "based gamers" you refer to people that need medication to make up for a lack of that substance. Since those are the people that would likely have a low attention span and twitchy nature, making it likely for them to connect two things that arent actually similar. Since they see one or two things and practically forget or fail to pick up on the rest due to lack of attention and focus. And if you refer to them having it naturally to a point where they literally panic over a game or two games, they would likely not function at all in real life. Since the substance you bring up is the "deer in the headlights" substance, but in humans it brings out self survival instincts that help us focus and better handle a critical situation.

So not really sure whom you refer to. Since now it looks like you are bashing people with an actual disorder. 🤷‍♂️

And seeing enemies in regular people? That's even crazy levels of crazy for me. 👀

6 hours ago, L3512 said:

Very naive Sneaky.

Na. That would imply I buy what they are selling. And believe me, I wouldnt even take it for free or steal it.

• Like 2

They are(fortunately) 2 completely different games.

1) WF is more a gocha game than a real extraction shooter.

2) They threw up so much stuff it's impossible to balance the game at the actual state of the game.

3) No end game.

4) It's a the end of his cycle of life. 

5) It's free.

1) HD2 is new and its missions are not very various.

2) It's HUD it's pretty confusing.

3) It requires strategy due to friendly fire.

4) You can't spam abilities like being in god mode.

5) Graphically it's by far superior.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

Eh, it was fun while exploring, but i got bored of palworld after setting up a superfactory and capturing all the pals. Just doesn't have that same gameplay loop that WF or helldivers 2 does that keeps you coming back.