Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some obscure tips or tricks you use in Warframe?

Zahnrad

1 hour ago, UnstarPrime said:

I play on PS5, so maybe that?  I play multiplayer, so 3/4 of the time I'm a client?

I'm on PC, but perhaps it is due to wonkiness depending on host/client or network conditions. It never seemed to matter where the mission was.

Though additionally, if you start reviving and just keep holding down the button, it will keep working even if the pet gets teleported. But between players not caring and the fact they'll eventually get up on their own now, it matters a lot less.

the most recent one I learned was that you can actually skip right to the final are of Vay Hek's fight. literally just keep running htrough the tileset and once you're far enough he'll leave the room he's in and skip to the next one: run straight to the room with the water slide that takes you into the final arena and he'll pop up there (no having to spend X amount of time in phase one shooting his tiny face.). you only have to shot his face once and he'll go straight to phase 2 where you can one shot him. it can shave at least 5-10 or more whole minutes off each run if you're farming for regular Hydroid.

also, switching to your secondary is faster than reloading. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Rolling with parkour velocity is way faster than bullet jumping or even sprinting (in a straight line).

Does rolling inherit your Sprint Speed or is this tip only true for frames running the default sprint speed of 1.0? Because I've seen some theory crafting with Volt's maximum speed, and the tests start with a roll (faster off-the-line speed than just walking) but they only roll once and go to sprinting after that

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Does rolling inherit your Sprint Speed or is this tip only true for frames running the default sprint speed of 1.0? Because I've seen some theory crafting with Volt's maximum speed, and the tests start with a roll (faster off-the-line speed than just walking) but they only roll once and go to sprinting after that

It's useful for all frames. I've frequently beat speedster frames to Extraction just using the parkour skills all Warframes have on slower frames.

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

That's a good question. I don't know but I feel like sprinting affects rolling or ties into velocity, just never tested it.

There was a fun one my partner and I discovered where I prime people as Nova and she would use Harrow’s Thurible, then pop one primed enemy and the chain reaction inundates us in energy because of prime weirdness.

I’m pretty sure that’s how it went, it’s been a while since we’ve done it

edit: Also the jumpkick against Synthesis targets is so useful when I keep forgetting to bring traps. A little harder to use than the thing that keeps them still, but better than nothing

Edited by Merkranire
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, OperatorTabris said:

Not sure if this is quite obscure but looking straight down and performing a bullet jump will send you straight up.

Haha, that was how I thought it had to be done for the longest time, and it took me a weirdly long time to wrap my head around the idea of “Look to a location and bulletjump”

• Like 2

I just recently returned to the game, but years ago I’d run excavations or survival with unranked Warframes and equipment for faster affinity for mastery rank. Affinity booster helps even more. Oh, and taking along an OP friend for when the enemy levels get higher.

there was also a stage my brother and I used to run. We’d climb this certain part of the wall and could stand on this very thin ledge and gun down infested without being hurt. It would get to the point where we forced to quit (do to barely causing no damage because enemy level increased very high or we’d got exhausted- can’t remember exactly which). But that was years ago. 

Use sleep arrows on conservation targets. Almost always a perfect capture and you can get whole groups of animals that group together in one shot.

Edit: also gets around bolarola, nexifera and horrasque gimmicks.

Edited by tomnmillie
  • Like 6

Most "stand still to cast" abilities can be performed mid-air, say in the middle of a bullet jump. If you time it right you can finish the animation before your feet touch the floor, therefore keeping mobility/momentum.

• Like 2

This is mostly For frames with long casting times , 

You can cast during Parkour and you will retain your momentum (aim glide also works during the animation) 

Its a small but effective way to not be caught during casting and have some control on your frame.

In a similar direction , some weapons with long reload animations can be cut short by rolling a little before the animation ends. This is a bit wonky at times though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zahnny said:

It's useful for all frames. I've frequently beat speedster frames to Extraction just using the parkour skills all Warframes have on slower frames.

This, it's fun to do void fissures with Xaku as simply dodging will always get me to extraction before Gausses & Volts

you can carry two of any item that can be picked up (Such as Excavator batteries, Thermia Canisters, or Disruption Keys) By picking one up as your warframe, then transferring into operator and picking the second one up with them.

Also. Spare disruption keys you are carrying will not despawn while it's matching tower is activated with a duplicate key (via the previous tip or another player) and between rounds. This allows you to entirely skip the need to kill enemies to get a key for the next round. Also, some enemies are always key carriers in disruption (Such as scrambus units). If you see one of these, and have the last tower active, avoid killing them until the next round starts and you can skip the key rng that way as well.

The most useful thing you can do in a railjack mission if you are not the host (and therefore not the pilot) is go do the away missions or jump in the forward artillery and kill crewships. If you jump into a turret, you are objectively the least helpful team mate in the mission. Away missions take priority if you are not in a full squad. A competent pilot can handle destroying crewships on their own while the rest of their team does the more time consuming away missions.

The forward artillery can toggle between the cannon and normal turrets with the weapon swap button. Use the turrets in the forward artillery seat while waiting for another crewship to spawn or for the pilot to direct you at one. Or go craft some charges in the forge if you need them. If the crewship objective is cleared, your job is now also being the away crew if the pilot's proven good at keeping the ship from taking damage, Or you are now the Engineer. (side note: If you're on forward artillary and the rest of your squad other than the pilot is on away missions you were always also the engineer)

If you ARE the host and pilot, and one of your teamates is intelligent enough to use forward artillery, aim towards a crewship and then stop moving while they're trying to fire the tunguska cannon, and you will make everyone's life easier including your own. You can also go craft some artillery charges while you wait for them to do their job, and it will help them do it faster. Make sure you're pointed at at least a couple crewships before leaving the helm to do this tho.

Yes an entire guide on how to be a functional railjack team mate is obscure tips and tricks.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

you can carry two of any item that can be picked up (Such as Excavator batteries, Thermia Canisters, or Disruption Keys) By picking one up as your warframe, then transferring into operator and picking the second one up with them.

Also. Spare disruption keys will not despawn if you're carrying one while it's matching tower is activated with a duplicate key (via the previous tip or another player) and between rounds. This allows you to entirely skip the need to kill enemies to get a key for the next round. Also, some enemies are always key carriers in disruption (Such as scrambus units). If you see one of these, and have the last tower active, avoid killing them until the next rounds starts and you can skip the key rng that way as well.

The most useful thing you can do in a railjack mission if you are not the host (and therefore not the pilot) is go do the away missions or jump in the forward artillery and kill crewships. If you jump into a turret, you are objectively the least helpful teamate in the mission. Away missions take priority if you are not in a full squad. A competent pilot can handle destroying crewships on their own while the rest of their team does the more time consuming away missions.

The forward artillary can toggle between the cannon and normal turrets with the weapon swap button. Use the turrets in the forward artillery seat while waiting for another crewship to spawn or for the pilot to direct you at one. Or go craft some charges in the forge if you need them. If the crewship objective is cleared, your job is now also being the away crew if the pilot's proven good at keeping the ship from taking damage, Or you are now the Engineer.

If you ARE the host and pilot, and one of your teamates is intelligent enough to use forward artillery, aim towards a crewship and then stop moving while they're trying to fire the tunguska cannon, and you will make everyone's life easier including your own. You can also go craft some artillery charges while you wait for them to do their job, and it will help them do it faster. Make sure you're pointed at at least a couple crewships before leaving the helm to do this tho.

Yes an entire guide on how to be a functional railjack teamate is obscure tips and tricks.

You do the same as I do with those tips, they save a lot of time. 👍

Edit:

19 minutes ago, Monolake said:

The biggest mechanic most players dont know is that melee auto-blocks all the non-aoe attacks in your view even when you perform other actions like reviving or activating LS or casting something with long animation. 
All the while still activating on-damaged arcanes and adaptation.  So simply having your melee out (with quick melee, not switching to melee-only) dramatically improves your survivability. 

du0bIh3.jpeg

Agendus and Ghoul saw have the widest block angle - 90, can be moded to 110 - which is wider than your fov (not exactly how it works, but it blocks even the enemies who are off-screen at your sides)

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Melee#Blocking

That one is awesome I've used it many a time, it's an awesome sound the bullets chinging off your blade while reviving someone, if I'm not an operator.

Edited by Slayer-.

The biggest mechanic most players dont know is that melee auto-blocks all the non-aoe attacks in your view even when you perform other actions like reviving or activating LS or casting something with long animation. 
All the while still activating on-damaged arcanes and adaptation.  So simply having your melee out (with quick melee, not switching to melee-only) dramatically improves your survivability. 

du0bIh3.jpeg

Agendus and Ghoul saw have the widest block angle - 90, can be moded to 110 - which is wider than your fov (not exactly how it works, but it blocks even the enemies who are off-screen at your sides)

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Melee#Blocking

Edited by Monolake
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, tomnmillie said:

Use sleep arrows on conservation targets. Almost always a perfect capture and you can get whole groups of animals that group together in one shot.

Edit: also gets around bolarola, nexifera and horrasque gimmicks.

From my understanding, this works with most (if not all) Sleep abilities.

I personally find Equinox built for range to be rather effective. Though you have to keep track of which form you are in.

EDIT: On the topic of Open World...

Volt's passive allows you to catch any fish with any Cetus fishing spear by moving around first (This only really works in the Plains of Eidolon due to how the fish and fishing spears there work)

Not a tip but a random gimmick. Volt's passive allows non-lethal items like Spears and Mining Lasers to become lethal (you can even use other warframe abilities to boost the damage further) I believe back when Raids/Trials was a thing someone beat them using these methods

Edited by Zahnny

18 hours ago, quxier said:

Only when you are facing "down". Otherwise it will continue attacking. It's in the air so it's obvious it will be aerial attack.

Fast enough frame, buch of hp or shield and rolling through lasers and you can do most spies with any frame.

Well yeah of course, that is how smash works. :clem:

I'm refering to if you dont want to raise alarms. You can roll as much as you like, you will still trigger alarms from lasers unless you are Ivara, Wukong or uhm Limbo(?).

24 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm refering to if you dont want to raise alarms. You can roll as much as you like, you will still trigger alarms from lasers unless you are Ivara, Wukong or uhm Limbo(?).

Ah, you mean destroying cameras. Well, Limbo and probably few other can do it.

• Like 1

If you buy the cosmetics your friends wore on their favorite frame, put the weapons they used (along with said frame) into a spector, you can pretend they’re still there. You can have conversations and all of that, and they’ll move around as if they are still there. 

• Like 2

Demolysts can be slowed to a crawl by stacking cold status effects, this is useful since they frequently disable abilities making other means of slowing them down less reliable. I have a Tenet Cycron built to apply cold and radiation status which works extremely well at halting their advance almost instantly.

If you need to find syndicate medallions for a riven/nightwave challenge but don't have access to Golden Instinct, look for a syndicate defense or interception mission on a Sedna mission node. You'll be put in the same mission tile as Hydron defense which is a relatively small room compared to other missions. It is very easy to find syndicate medallions in this tile, just check all the little side rooms.

When a Grineer railjack mission is complete you can use the omni (if you have the right intrinsic) to teleport back to the railjack for a quick extraction. Corpus ships don't let you do this however...until everyone reaches the extraction door of the ship at which point you CAN use the omni to teleport back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Dunno whether this counts as obscure, but it's definitely useful: In Duviri, rolling right before impact will completely negate fall damage, regardless of distance.

I can confirm this and say that it reminds me of happy memories of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask,

I doubt that was the intention from DE (hell I'm not even sure they intended for rolling to stop fall damage), but it hits me right in the nostalgia and I choose to remember it that way.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Varzin said:

I have a Tenet Cycron built to apply cold and radiation status which works extremely well at halting their advance almost instantly.

This sounds awesome. So you need a Cycron with a cold progenitor? Can you share the build? Thanks

For defense and mobile defense missions, I usually run Vauban not for Vortex, but for Flechettes since every map section with a defend node on it usually has no more than four access points.  That means that on Vauban, you can drop a Flechette orb at each one of those access points, resulting in enemies being forced into getting sprayed with needles and either getting nailed to the walls or taking enough damage that it's not that hard to pick them off.  I also run Vauban because there's usually a Frost or a Limbo or something that can set up additional defense measures around the target being defended.

For spy missions, I run Rhino because 1) thinking is hard and 2) laser grids can't knock you down with Iron Skin up, which means I can just sprint through them and usually have more than enough time to secure the data node.  Nezha (my main) is another one I use since I can use his Chakram to teleport past cameras and laser fields.

Find yourself going too fast on a Titania because that max strength Volt just won't stop spamming Speed?  Don't touch the sprint button and try to focus solely on your minimap while moving to avoid motion sickness.

Lastly, having trouble playing Inaros because he sucks and have to play him because you either lost a bet or are trying to do that dumb Baro defense mission?  Trinity's helminth ability combined with any automatic gun is a solid alternative for giving him a quick full heal option.

• Like 1