Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I cant see your messages when Im in a mission!

I get these players - buyers - who think traders are sitting there staring at the chat, waiting for them. They throw up a "???" after ten seconds waiting on an answer!!! They get an attitude because they had to wait for you! If they look at the friend activity, they can see a player in a mission.

In missions, we cannot see the chat and the action doesnt pause if we stop to open up and look at it.

We cannot hear a chat notification either, too many other noises.

We are PUNISHED if we are in the menus too long as well - have our wave reward taken away due to "inactivity".

What you all need to do is grow some patience or move on to someone else. You emergency is not my urgency! We like to play the game too!

For the most part the people I deal with seem like they're totally fine waiting a minute or two for a response.  Of course that doesn't mean I expect them to wait patiently for me and not contact other sellers.

7 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

You might try adjusting Options // Social // Chat Notifications Volume and maybe lowering some of your other audio.

• Like 4

You got a few choices:

1. Get better at noticing notifications and politely answer saying you are in mission and how much longer it will take. If you happen to be selling somethign rare or at very good price, they usually wait. You can macro such response to one of your buttons.
  2. Ignore everything and everyone and keep doing what you are doing (complaininng included).
  3. Do not play missions longer than 60s capture when you are visible for Trade (online in game status).

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

For the most part the people I deal with seem like they're totally fine waiting a minute or two for a response.  Of course that doesn't mean I expect them to wait patiently for me and not contact other sellers.

You might try adjusting Options // Social // Chat Notifications Volume and maybe lowering some of your other audio.

Im not trying to change all that to hear a bell! I said I am playing the game TOO, not sitting there waiting for someone to contact me! They can wait or move on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

What do you mean ? The chat is visible during missions, and most of the time you have more than enough time to just reply them "I'm in a mission", which they'll understand very easily

No it is not visible. You have to enter the menus. No its not all that quick. And Im not typing while Im getting attacked, as DE set it up to have enemies spawn next to you and beat on you. They can wait until the mission is over. I like to play too, and I have over a hundred items on Warframe market for sale. Im not playing the game just to hurry up for you, nor should I make any "adjustments". If I catch you, good, if not - so be it. 

21 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

You got a few choices:

1. Get better at noticing notifications and politely answer saying you are in mission and how much longer it will take. If you happen to be selling somethign rare or at very good price, they usually wait. You can macro such response to one of your buttons.
  2. Ignore everything and everyone and keep doing what you are doing (complaininng included).
  3. Do not play missions longer than 60s capture when you are visible for Trade (online in game status).

4th choice: Play my game and dont worry about your impatience. Do you get the tone of my post? Im not adjusting my game to accommodate buyers! They need to learn to wait, or get the heck on. They can realize people are playing the game and drop the attitude. Its not on me to change my experience to accommodate them, but I sure am not going to accept attitude either. I dont care enough to do any of what you said, and didnt ask for that kind of "advice". Im talking about attitudes and impatience, not what I can do to coddle them!

Vaz dash yourself and type "in a mission sorry".

If you can type fast proc rolling guard and get to typing. 

Some basic crowd control abilities give you some time to type out a quick message as well. 

Or you can over price your wares so not as many people message you. 

Or if you're in a mission maybe set to invisible or just close the market tab so no one disrupts you. 

Getting upset over people trying to give you plat seems a little foolish to me. You do you though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, magusat999 said:

No it is not visible. You have to enter the menus. No its not all that quick. And Im not typing while Im getting attacked, as DE set it up to have enemies spawn next to you and beat on you. They can wait until the mission is over. I like to play too, and I have over a hundred items on Warframe market for sale. Im not playing the game just to hurry up for you, nor should I make any "adjustments". If I catch you, good, if not - so be it. 

... It is, I'm not sure if it's a parameter issue but it is. You see the alerts, you type T and you can answer. It happens sometimes when I contact someone to buy something, they reply "1min" or something like that, which is enough to understand they've seen the message & they're in a mission. If you want to type something longer (which I usually do in the Clan channel when I'm doing something), Void Mode Operator makes the deal (Operator - Ctrl - T, and your operator is stuck in Void mode without having to maintain Ctrl).

On the other hand, you took my answer a bit too aggressively for such a trivial matter, so I'm not sure I want to engage in that conversation any further. Seems like that topic was just a rant to which you don't want any reply anyway.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, magusat999 said:

I get these players - buyers - who think traders are sitting there staring at the chat, waiting for them. They throw up a "???" after ten seconds waiting on an answer!!! They get an attitude because they had to wait for you! If they look at the friend activity, they can see a player in a mission.

In missions, we cannot see the chat and the action doesnt pause if we stop to open up and look at it.

We are PUNISHED if we are in the menus too long as well - have our wave reward taken away due to "inactivity".

What you all need to do is grow some patience or move on to someone else. You emergency is not my urgency! We like to play the game too!

What the hell is this post? You have messed up your UI big time if you cant see the chat in game, because all other people can see it and usually just say "in mission, gimme 5 mins" and arent triggered like you. Neither are the traders who know the player is not AFK or ignoring them and know how long to wait for. Its not the others that need to grow patience, its you who needs to learn good manners. Its polite to respond when someone sends you a message, and unless youre literally being spammed by high level enemies and you really could die, there is no excuse not to do so, especially since you posted that trade offer in the first place, asking for people to message you.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 2

If you can't wait till someone trades you, so you start a mission... why are you surprised that the other side values their time too?

Do you realize that:

1. you are being selfish?
  2. those players would also rather spend their time enjoying a mission, but they put that aside because they want that item?
  3. being unable to read chat is a settings issue?
  4. being unable to respond to a chat message while in a mission is a skill issue?
  5. you have a whole list of bogus (fake and non-existant) excuses not to respond to people? which in most of the world is considered rude

Sorry OP, this seems a you issue, not a them issue.

• Like 12

40 minutes ago, Quimoth said:

Sorry OP, this seems a you issue, not a them issue.

Gotta agree here, while I'll wait for traders to get back to me within a few minutes, most traders I've come across wait around or are already in mid of mass trading, I've had a handful of traders in a mission but they either quickly dropped a PM about it and I've waited for them or they've apologized for not seeing the DM and get back to me after and by then I've either gone to another trader or waited since I want their selling/buying price.

I don't know what OP's high ego is about but players who do just spam "???" in chat are a pain in the ass most traders just wait for a few mins or two then move on to the next without a word, so sounds they likely ran into a bunch of bad eggs and got upset.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

Hmmm when getting a message from someone (direct pm that is) it’ll give a little notification, and the bottom left part of the screen (or wherever you put your chat) should start flashing with their username. I know it keeps on flashing because it drives me nuts when someone pms me mid mission.  Then have to stop everything just to click T, so I can “read” it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, magusat999 said:

If they look at the friend activity

I'm not your friend, mate... I think :/

Then don't post your trades. Don't set your status as online (in game) in some sites. I'm tired of traders attitude where they have 0 response for 5 or even 10 minutes. Sometimes even no response at all.

How hard is to write:

I'm in mission

in mission

wait

w8

Seriously, you can even copy-paste it (on pc at least) with just single ctr-c + ctr-v in chat.

What I'm supposed to wait for you for hours? Take into account that not everyone running "good enough" pc. On my old pc I've used to load dojo because it took long time to load. It would probably kick you if I've tried to do "on demand" or go to your dojo.

not sitting there waiting for someone to contact me!

Then play game and NOT TRADE. Don't waste people time if you are not even going to respond with simple "w8" (aka wait).

m talking about attitudes and impatience, not what I can do to coddle them!

Yet, you are not willing to wait for them and instead go do something else. Attitude/impatience goes in both ways.

5 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Vaz dash yourself and type "in a mission sorry".

If you can type fast proc rolling guard and get to typing. 

You can just go to void mode and press chat key. Doing so you won't deactivate void mode. Same trick I do with Duviri & decres. I have all focus unlocked so I have probably 2x energy but even with 1/2 of it OP can type "wait" using 1 finger.

Not sure if it works with consoles.

... well, someone mentioned it:

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Void Mode Operator makes the deal (Operator - Ctrl - T, and your operator is stuck in Void mode without having to maintain Ctrl).

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

You can just go to void mode and press chat key. Doing so you won't deactivate void mode. Same trick I do with Duviri & decres. I have all focus unlocked so I have probably 2x energy but even with 1/2 of it OP can type "wait" using 1 finger.

Not sure if it works with consoles.

It does, but because we don't have a dedicated chat button we have to open the menu first.  Otherwise it works just the same.  Hold L1/LB to go to void mode, press Options/Start to open the menu, release L1/LB, open chat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

It does, but because we don't have a dedicated chat button we have to open the menu first.  Otherwise it works just the same.  Hold L1/LB to go to void mode, press Options/Start to open the menu, release L1/LB, open chat.

PS supports keyboard no?

Im on Xbox, and usually have a keyboard plugged in, as well as my controller. All I have to do is press “T” to bring up the chat box. No other menus required. 

6 minutes ago, Deputy-Facepain said:

PS supports keyboard no?

Im on Xbox, and usually have a keyboard plugged in, as well as my controller. All I have to do is press “T” to bring up the chat box. No other menus required. 

It does, (at least it did an eternity ago when I tried) but I was going with the assumption that most don't run their console with keyboard.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, magusat999 said:

I get these players - buyers - who think traders are sitting there staring at the chat, waiting for them. They throw up a "???" after ten seconds waiting on an answer!!! They get an attitude because they had to wait for you!

At a base level, I get what you're saying.  The game's interface isn't exactly streamlined for trading.

But with respect, I want to encourage you to take a step back here, because you seem to only be thinking of your own needs and not the needs of other players.  Anyone who has been trading for long enough has encountered numerous times where you reach out to another player and never hear a response.  Any reply you can provide reassures these players that they aren't wasting their time by waiting for you.  And as someone who seems to value your own time, I hope you can empathize with that.

All you've gotta do is quickly reply with a message like "1 sec finishing a mission" and 95% of players will then give you all the time you need because you've given them what they need.  Even if you're on a console without a keyboard this is quick and easy to do: type out the message on the software keyboard ahead of time, use the copy functionality to copy it, and then it will be ready for a quick paste any time after that.

Extending this basic courtesy to your fellow Tenno will vastly improve this experience both for you and them, so I hope you'll give it a try.

• Like 1

How about now? 

Wait wait... I'll go outside. 

How about now? 

Maybe I need to get to higher elevation, hang on, I'll grab the ladder and get on the roof, and maybe that will help? 

Are you there now? Hello? If you can see this, I can see your messages, but I am not sure if you can see mine, hello? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, magusat999 said:

In missions, we cannot see the chat

You can't

You can't hear it, the sound it makes is very distinct from the rest of the game

Also the message pops up on the screen, you can definitely see it if you don't have tunnel vision

It takes less than 10s to type "Currently in a mission, I'll message you right after"

What you all need to do is grow some patience

Look who's talking, the one who can't type a quick message to one or two people

You emergency is not my urgency!

Don't put yourself online on the market if you can't answer those people

& if you're not using market but the trade chat, why are you launching a mission knowing you won't be able to answer people?

All of this is 100% on you

Edited by -Krism-
  • Like 1

As so many have already said, there's really no excuse for being unresponsive to trade requests just because you're in mission.

It's actually really bad for the Warframe community when sellers are unresponsive, too.  This is because it encourages the people messaging you for a trade to also message 4 or 5 other people under the expectation that most will be unresponsive so this increases their chances of closing a trade quickly.  This, in turn, means many sellers will lose lots of their time leaving missions early or even abandoning them completely to address trades that have already been filled despite being accommodated in a very timely manner.

The warframe.market admins call this "shotgunning" and the next iteration of their terms of service they plan to revise things so that backing out of a trade that is addressed immediately will be met with an account suspension if reported.

Speaking of the warframe.market terms of service, they're available here.

Rule 1.2.1“Online in game” indicates you are in-game and ready to trade.  You have up to 15 minutes to complete the trading process.

So, if you're using the site to trade, what you're doing is probably often violating their terms of service.  And if you don't respond to me I will report your account and the admins will suspend or outright ban it if you do it often enough.

Edited by sly_squash
  • Like 2

People should be patient yeah, but you also need to decide if you're playing an action game or a trading game.

But what do I know, I only use market for price reference and if I do feel like trading I'll be hanging out in chat and trade for a little bit. On the outside chance that someone pings me a few minutes after my last message into trade chat and I've started a mission, they're probably patient enough to wait until I'm finished with the mission as well. Usually because I'm offering a deal or willing to trade item for item on stuff so people don't need platinum.

3 hours ago, sly_squash said:

Speaking of the warframe.market terms of service, they're available here.

Rule 1.2.1“Online in game” indicates you are in-game and ready to trade.  You have up to 15 minutes to complete the trading process.

I suspect OP expected to be met with waves of support; instead OPs peers are questioning why they're even attempting to trade if they can't make the most basic of accommodations for prospective buyers. 

If you're trying to trade through warframe market, you have to understand other players are going to have certain expectations of you. It's nice that these expectations are spelt out in the terms of service.