Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What element to use against corrupted now?

Codex says viral deals 1.5x but when there are armored enemies and shielded enemies, doesn't that mean you want to deal with those too to make them less resistant?

With old system, you can bring general anti grineer elements

- Corrosive for 75% against ferrite armor and corrupted ancients (fossilized)

- Cold for 25% against shield and alloy armor

- Radiation for 75% against alloy

What's best to do with the new system, following the codex with viral or bringing elements to deal with armor and shield while fighting them?

I didn't bother changing any of my loadouts, everything's shredding them, so I wouldn't bother unless you want to do high-end content (like level 2k+).

Otherwise, "armored enemies and shielded enemies", this doesn't matter anymore afaik. Corrupted take 1.5x from Viral, it applies to all of them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

What's best to do with the new system

Viral

Corrupted shields are weak to viral, Corrupted armor is weak to viral, Corrupted health is weak to viral. Elemental damage is now a flat +50% or -50% damage modifier. No more differences between shields and health, no more differences between Corrupted Grineer and Corrupted Corpus. It's just a flat, uniform +50% for all Corrupted all the time

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 4

Short answer, Viral and Puncture according to the game itself.

Long answer:

The suggested damage types for Corrupted are Viral and Puncture. That being said, you can still mod for Viral, Corrosive, and Cold. Radiation is the only one you've listed that is no longer a good fit against Corrupted after the recent update.

With the new systems, elemental damage bonuses now apply based on faction, not health type. Forget about ferrite/alloy armor, different types of shields, etc. That's not a thing anymore.

Viral will deal bonus damage to all corrupted enemies, even to their shields and armor simply because their faction is now entirely vulnerable to that element. And this is before Viral's status proc that increases damage to health. Because of this, modding for Viral against Corrupted is a no-brainer and will be your BEST choice out of the four elements you listed in your post.

Consequently, Corrosive no longer deals extra damage to Corrupted armored enemies due to the changes. They still deal extra damage to Grineer, but only because they are vulnerable to Corrosive as a faction and not because they have armor. That being said, that doesn't mean you don't mod for Corrosive against armored opponents outside the Grineer faction. Remember that Corrosive still strips armor, which matters a hell of a lot more now with the new armor scaling changes to all enemies (200 min armor to 2700 max armor). That's why you can still use Corrosive against Corrupted enemies with Armor, because those status procs are still going to reduce armor irrelevant of faction, which will allow you to deal more damage.

Similarly, Cold no longer has a bonus against armor anymore, but remember you can still slow enemies down and even freeze them now along with dealing extra crit damage. Whether or not that's worth modding is up to you.

Same logic applies to Radiation. Radiation also no longer deals bonus damage to Corrupted - it now actually deals LESS damage because the Corrupted are actually resistant to this damage type now. Because of this, modding for Radiation against Corrupted is a terrible idea on paper. But what's more important to you? Damage or the CC and CO potential that Radiation's status proc offers?

As for the enemies with Shields, well, how much of a problem do you find those enemies to be? If they're being a nuisance to you, mod for Magnetic or Toxin. Both elements won't deal bonus damage to Corrupted as a faction, but Magnetic's proc will still allow you to deal more damage to the shields themselves and Toxin will still bypass shields altogether.

If you're still unsure, then simply run the meta Viral and Slash. Viral affects all faction since all enemies have health and Slash still deals true damage per tick.

Edited by ZiIIion
  • Like 4

I feel this was just to make non-Grineer more durable. Few of the modifiers make sense and contradict their status effects. You're correct though. Half the corrupted are armored and even the butchers get high DR but it's not like anyone shoots at Corrupted enemies over level 40 these days so just use whatever.

• Like 1

Use Viral to deal the multiplied damage. 

Use Corrosive to deal with the armor.

Use magnetic to deal with the eventual Corrupted Healer spam, so you can slap them with a Electric proc that's 30% of the 9x Overguard that they have. 

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I feel this was just to make non-Grineer more durable. Few of the modifiers make sense and contradict their status effects. You're correct though. Half the corrupted are armored and even the butchers get high DR but it's not like anyone shoots at Corrupted enemies over level 40 these days so just use whatever.

SP fissures are actually pretty enjoyable, endless or not endless.  It's always SP unless I used recruit for a radshare, or have only slow endless SP missions and I'm going for something.  I'd rather play an endless fissure if I'm going to play an endless mission, unless its cascade or something.  You also have the circuit.  I'm not often playing against Grineer or Corpus unless its Zariman or lich farming(rare) and infested pretty much only happens in arb (which I've started casually working back in).

Actually, as always, viral+heal (also because of CC).
but ranged saryn with 2-3 buffs would be much better. then sp level 9999 corrupted enemies can kiss the ground straight away.

and according to my test, the weapon plays a big role at the moment. because these viral stacks are of no use to me if the target only reaches full stacks when it has less than 10% health. because the enemies in normal sp missions fall over after 1-2 seconds and I shoot at everything with magnetic+toxic (because of primary arcane). I don't really care if they are infested or armored targets. only with armored factions do I switch to secondary with viral+heat and status spam.

Corrosive / Cold on high fire rate weapons, Viral / Heat + Slash on low fire rate weapons.

Offset either with your companion so you're always throwing out Corrosive / Cold / Viral / Heat = glhf.

Throw Blast or Gas on your secondary or melee if you're feeling spicy.

• Like 1

vor 44 Minuten schrieb Varzin13:

For reference. (copied from a personal spreadsheet)

Green means the faction is weak to it, red means the faction is resistant to it.

image.png?ex=667e28bf&is=667cd73f&hm=c2cf7f50f1e1725a872dfd32ecf70032332326c4314dddfc19b59068fe723336&

Unfortunately, that's not true at all. Is that the buggy info from the game?
Because in simulation or in SP missions, I have completely different experiences. That's why feedback from lousy designers is urgently needed. So is it really intended that certain status procs do low damage, even though their system suggests it?

4 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Unfortunately, that's not true at all. Is that the buggy info from the game?
Because in simulation or in SP missions, I have completely different experiences. That's why feedback from lousy designers is urgently needed. So is it really intended that certain status procs do low damage, even though their system suggests it?

This isn't about status effects, these are the new damage type weaknesses and resistances since the system overhaul as stated by DE in their patch notes. 

• Like 2

Gerade eben schrieb Varzin13:

This isn't about status effects, these are the new damage type weaknesses and resistances since the system overhaul as stated by DE in their patch notes. 

That's what I mean. Thanks for the Excel summary. And I've tested it extensively since the update. What they're suggesting isn't right at all. So I'm waiting for more bug fixes.

36 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

So is it really intended that certain status procs do low damage, even though their system suggests it?

Parts of it are intended.

For example, I'm pretty sure that corrosive lost its 75% armor ignore against ferrite armor (as well as dealing 75% bonus damage ontop of that).  Same thing with Radiation ignoring 75% of alloy armor (as well as dealing 75% bonus damage ontop of that).

Damage types are no longer double dipping on bonuses, and instead just get a flat 50% bonus.

I would imagine that this also extends to the faction damage mods no longer double dipping on how they buff status procs and damage.

Edited by Tsukinoki

hace 1 hora, Varzin13 dijo:

For reference. (copied from a personal spreadsheet)

Green means the faction is weak to it, red means the faction is resistant to it.

image.png?ex=667e28bf&is=667cd73f&hm=c2cf7f50f1e1725a872dfd32ecf70032332326c4314dddfc19b59068fe723336&

Wrong, thats how DE thinks it works. In real world, Viral is green agains anything. If at that excel is red, it still gives you a x2.125. If its green, it gives x6.375. And x4.25 in any other case. Its not just green, but the greenest of the green. And also buffs any other elements paired with it. Its ultragreen.

If you think that its stupid, its a good sign, because it is. But DE didnt get that one.

Now, we can wait patiently until they read this feedback at some content creator video. That would be our best bet for this reaching them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I would imagine that this also extends to the faction damage mods no longer double dipping on how they buff status procs and damage.

Status damage still benefits from faction bonuses twice.  And that's expanded to include Blast.

24 minutes ago, Gaxxian said:

Wrong, thats how DE thinks it works. In real world, Viral is green agains anything. If at that excel is red, it still gives you a x2.125. If its green, it gives x6.375. And x4.25 in any other case. Its not just green, but the greenest of the green. And also buffs any other elements paired with it. Its ultragreen.

If you think that its stupid, its a good sign, because it is. But DE didnt get that one.

They seemed quite aware of how good viral still is.  They were just unwilling to either nerf it or buff everything to its level.

FWIW on Deimos there are probably enough heavy units immune to viral status that it's not a great choice there.  Also in Infested Disruptions there are Demolishers that are immune to both viral status and viral damage.    These are minor compared to everything viral is good at, but  I could imagine DE taking this approach more in the future, like say with Infested nemesis content.  Which would be unfortunate IMO, compared to looking deeper at status balance.

• Like 2

That's part of what I'm liking about the new system: at least at this point, there isn't an obvious answer.  Rather, you have a whole host of different ways to get a leg up, and you don't need all of them.  Weak elements give you a 50% damage bonus, stripping armor removes DR, Viral procs multiply health damage, and Magnetic procs multiply shield damage.  What combination of those do you want to take to give yourself an edge?

There's probably a mathematically optimal choice for any given situation if you've just gotta have the very best, but there are plenty of "good enough" choices that allow you to customize your loadout to your personal tastes without getting bogged down in too many details.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gaxxian said:

Now, we can wait patiently until they read this feedback at some content creator video. That would be our best bet for this reaching them.

they were worried about negative feedback. They said "we aren't going to change what's good, just buff up what's bad" which is kinda what they did. I'm in the crowd of just not wanting to switch out my mods depending on mission type. The rock paper scissors element gameplay I'd prefer if it was meant for newer players to help them get through content before they get completed builds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stormy505 said:

they were worried about negative feedback. They said "we aren't going to change what's good, just buff up what's bad" which is kinda what they did. I'm in the crowd of just not wanting to switch out my mods depending on mission type. The rock paper scissors element gameplay I'd prefer if it was meant for newer players to help them get through content before they get completed builds.

It is why I was hoping DE would actually add a new element for folks who don't like flip-flopping their elements. Not the next meta choice, but more of a QoL and an opportunity for different builds.

Give us Tau damage for example, that adapts to the enemies resistance over time for every proc. The damage it adapts to starts at 50% and keeps scaling until 10 and caps at 100%. Whatever the unit is weak to, Tau automatically adjusts.

Tau's main drawback is that it can't actually proc the damage type in question, it just deals the status damage and acts like a secondary instance of it. So building more for raw Elemental damage and less Status would be ideal.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 1

On 2024-06-27 at 1:27 AM, TARINunit9 said:

Viral

Corrupted shields are weak to viral, Corrupted armor is weak to viral, Corrupted health is weak to viral. Elemental damage is now a flat +50% or -50% damage modifier. No more differences between shields and health, no more differences between Corrupted Grineer and Corrupted Corpus. It's just a flat, uniform +50% for all Corrupted all the time

Thanks I hate it

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Gaxxian:

actually not viral. but viral+heat and magnetic+heat when played with something like verglas and it also spams cold in a 6m radius and distributes corr stacks at turbo speed. But nothing has changed with the unique builds. Even SP level 9999 is on the ground after 2 seconds at the latest.

enough time has passed. so I don't think there will be any improvement. but hope dies last. I would definitely be happy to get feedback from the strange designers (but then there should be a great improvement in the status story after this). Because even a beginner can see straight away that a lot of things are wrong. And it's not that complex...

I'm currently running with magnetic+heat primary because I have too many corpus or enemies with shields at the moment. the rest do secondary with status spam arcane or mele.

• Like 1