Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javlok capacitors - what's the point?

DoomFruit

According to the wiki (nobody in my clan is funding the research, I can't check it directly), the javlok takes 6 javlok capacitors to build. These are a drop from one enemy (guardsman eximus, on Ceres), and drop consistently from that one enemy.

Why?

What's the point in adding something which is used to craft precisely one item, of which you need precisely one (so it's even worse than hek or infested alad V keys) and after that the components will just build up in your inventory doing nothing. Seeing as how they're called *javlok* capacitors, I don't see them having a use for anything else in the future (it's in the name, they're explicitly for the javlok) - so again, why?

23 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

To make us run a few random missions with Nekros, just because.

...I don't know, D.E works in mysterious ways. :3

Kinda that, I guess.

Its just so the people who already have more resources then they will  ever spend need to do some runs too...

To be an inconvenience so 'instant gratification' people consider buying it with plat.

Orokin Ciphers are arguably beneficial, since they per-force introduce people to the Derelict Vault system - and nothing else does.

Edited by Chroia

13 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Well, would you rather 6 Capacitors, or 6 more Nitain?

None, its unnecessary.

This is getting ridiculous, adding "resources" that only one weapon use so it extends the time it takes for people to build it.
Completely pointless.

I am fine with a new resource being added, but to have it be exclusive to Javlok makes no sense. It should have the "Javlok" part taken out if its name and become a new material needed for making Grineer stuff. Or maybe DE could so something more creative with it and make it a component for a new gear item or a key.

Orokin Ciphers have needed the same treatment for quite awhile, it is not that there is something wrong with the resource but rather that there is something wrong with how the resource is used.

Cere's Mission of Choice + Nekros = 8 of the things fast (two we got from Kuva missions yesterday without even needing knowing what they were for) Longest part was that gap of missions before we realized we were killing everything too fast for them to show up before we were at the end.

3 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

According to the wiki (nobody in my clan is funding the research, I can't check it directly), the javlok takes 6 javlok capacitors to build. These are a drop from one enemy (guardsman eximus, on Ceres), and drop consistently from that one enemy.

Why?

What's the point in adding something which is used to craft precisely one item, of which you need precisely one (so it's even worse than hek or infested alad V keys) and after that the components will just build up in your inventory doing nothing. Seeing as how they're called *javlok* capacitors, I don't see them having a use for anything else in the future (it's in the name, they're explicitly for the javlok) - so again, why?

So we can't have it right here, right now. It took me some 20-30min of Kiste on Ceres to get the capacitors. Would be nice if the prosecutors actually used the javlok since they drop the part for it. If it weren't for the lotus mentioning them I don't think i would even notice they are there.

They exist so that people will go to Ceres and see the pretty new lighting which will otherwise go completely unnoticed because there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to ever go to Ceres.

9 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Coincidentally, I'm looking for a Nitain Extract sink.

It's probably because after they removed Vay Hek's beacons from the game, Prosecutors became largely irrelevant, and this gives them at least some small reason to exist again.

Honestly it's another unnecessary item in the 'resources' pile, the odds are there will need to be the equivalent on corpus/tenno (if there is one) versions too.  

Considering the amount of some unused resources I have I'm sure DE could have found a use for at least one of them instead of adding another item for us to hunt for.... I'm waiting for more weapons to require this javlok capacitor in the future too.. 

Seeing as they're a 'major threat' according to lotus, and yes I know how funny that voice over bit is when they're dead after a few slices with a melee, I suppose the prosecutors need 'something' to drop but they could have been given one of the new mods that were recently released or something instead...

11 hours ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

to reduce the grind, as always.

HAHAHAHA REDUCE That's HUMOROUS. Because we, those that have well over if not double one thousand hours of playtime. We grind so that we do not need to grind when something we "like" or "want" comes out. But every time something "new" comes out they release something to halt our enjoyment of said new item so that Despair, Hate and Bloodlust are synonymous with DE and not just names of the things that are inside their game. 

Want to release a new resource? Fine, want to make something hard to get? Okay. Stop punishing those that have millions of every resource. 

1.Allow us to synthesize the new materials using older materials

2.New Relics out? Allow us to fuse old relics into new Relics

3.Reward difficulty better. If I spend hours grueling through level 9001 enemies for seven fortnights  I do not want the same item that I got the first five minutes of it. 

AABC rotation table is archaic. finding the build, the gear, the time, the effort to get hundreds rounds of defense in. you should be rewarded not punished.

If you're worried about players getting everything they want too easily, or having no reason to play. Release Misc craftables, boosters and consumables that cost resources. Much like the team restores.  I had 10 million or so Nano spores, but thousands of enegy/shield/health restores later I actually hit <1000 nano spores and felt re-invigorated to grind once more. 

Need help? Speed booster consumables, attack speed consumables, +Crit boosters, + resistance boosters, Consumable stand-in warframe abilities like a summonable frost globe or vauban bastille. Some long term consumables or upgrades that are ways to sap resources from players so they don't get "everything" too fast. A consumable to change warframe or weapons. Or a special equipment belt or something that allows you to bring multiple primaries, secondaries or melee weapons instead of the standard array. 

I Digress. "un-obtainum" every new item/frame/weapon release makes me die more inside. We just got Kuva, and "parts" from their respective special units and now we have Javlok mcguffins. I respect Tellarium and Nitain extract because it's used in multiple things. But this one frame, one weapon, un-obtainum is arduous at best.

1 minute ago, Zendadaist said:

I used to see Prosecutors nearly every time I left alarms on. Since the patch, absolutely none have spawned in the exact same missions and exact same alarm scenarios. What is this?

nuovo spawned every time I went there...

On 20/12/2016 at 8:25 AM, Chroia said:

To be an inconvenience so 'instant gratification' people consider buying it with plat.

Orokin Ciphers are arguably beneficial, since they per-force introduce people to the Derelict Vault system - and nothing else does.

yeap, delay new content,

On 20/12/2016 at 8:53 AM, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

or 5000 mutagen mass? (115 nitain and for the last year i've been force to play only on weekends for working all week away from home)

to be honest if it was it the super ultra prisma boltor/soma wraith prime vandal (I mean a weapon I know it will get used a lot, and i mean a lot from now on) [vaykor hek, bla bla bla] I wouldnt mind grinding the hell out of res or new res, but as it stand, is just flat out a weird way of twisting the plat arm

Edited by Jyro-Blud