Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #85 Overview

AM-Bunny

2 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

Still beter, if they make it drop by even just 2 for every one that cuts the 24 hour single person grind in half because you just doubled the drop chance.

Yeah, it's better, but it's not like it was hard to improve the currently awful situation. We shouldn't strive for better, we should strive for "good" at the very least :/

27 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Yeah, I knew this too, I suppose I was just disappointed to see them pretty much dismiss all the concerns that Damage 3.0 was set to address and act as though what we have is perfect.

They discussed this. They wanted to remove a lot of the mods but player attachment was too high. It'd screw over too players who spent possibly a lot of Plat buying mods through trade. They know it's not perfect and said if they could they would've done mods differently. It's just kind of too late now.

30 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

So, why exactly was it created again? To irritate players? Because if it's for some quest

Most likely was thinking to be related to the quest and was put before to build "mystery" (or just for time issues .. ) ... but the community is so whiny that probably they decide to forget about that relation with the quest and just create other plot (most likely bad because is going to be last minute thing )

6 minutes ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

They discussed this. They wanted to remove a lot of the mods but player attachment was too high. It'd screw over too players who spent possibly a lot of Plat buying mods through trade. They know it's not perfect and said if they could they would've done mods differently. It's just kind of too late now.

Either way I hope they still address enemy stat scaling as that's part of the problem.

I was looking forward to some sort new system to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Naith said:

Either way I hope they still address enemy stat scaling as that's part of the problem.

I was looking forward to some sort new system to be honest.

That seems to be part of their plans from what i at least heard when they were talking about making dmg 3.0 more of enemies 2.0, or whatever #.0 it would be.

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

Hema Mutagen Sample Costs
• In order to honour the players that have already worked to research the Hema, the Mutagen Sample cost will remain
• There is consideration being put into raising the Mutagen Sample droprate or having it drop in chunks of 2 or 3 to alleviate the grind

Respectfully;

Please reconsider-- this decision will contribute to future cost creep; increasing the resource costs of future items because more and more people will be able to more easily get these resources. (And render building existing blueprints that require mutagen samples trivial.)

Please work with someone who understands economics to come up with a better plan.

Not going to lie, I was really disappointed when I heard them backpedaling out of Damage 3.0.

I was really excited for the system, but now it sounds like they're pretty much saying 'it's good the way it is, don't need to touch it'

hey, who needs damage 3.0, after all we got rivens now to balance weapons!! ...

53 minutes ago, theraot said:

Edit 2: Let me expain that... I got tired of farming that thing in derrelict every day when I had contributed 40% of the total cost for my Ghost Clan. If the drop were 3 times more, I would have endured enough to do it alone.

The thing is, I play Warframe to have fun, not to 'endure' a grind.

Having said that, I'm still missing some corrupted mods and I have loads of weapons that I haven't taken to 30 yet and don't particularly care which map I use to do it, so I'll see how far I get by just shifting some of my normal play to the derelict if/when drop rates are buffed.

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

Didn't they say that when the community lashed out over the resource costs for the Knux and Sibear? We should know that pretty much means "We'll end up adding another ridiculous requirement in a few months, so get over it."

Except the Knux coincided with a tileset that dropped the "ridiculous" research requirement almost as often as Morphics

If DE had boosted the Mutagen Sample BEFORE all this instead of a month after the fact, 95% of the player base wouldn't still be royally cheesed

Damage 3.0 is still very uncertain, now it sounds as though the devs aren't committing to removing Serration/mandatory mods -- it may introduce new tiers of enemies rather than altering  player's loadouts

devs aren't committing to removing Serration/mandatory mods -- it may introduce new tiers of enemies rather than altering  player's loadouts

new tiers of enemies rather than altering  player's loadouts

giphy.gif

Edited by ngrazer

2 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

• In order to honour the players that have already worked to research the Hema, the Mutagen Sample cost will remain
• There is consideration being put into raising the Mutagen Sample droprate or having it drop in chunks of 2 or 3 to alleviate the grind

Haven't DE run scripts to refund stuff before? Why not lower the requirements, and then refund the Mutagen Samples that some people already spent?

2 hours ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

Wow. Such fast. Congratz and thanks!

EDIT: when your nick is said in a devstream and they don't know how to pronounce it. I was so disappointed that I changed it lol.

I have never known how to say your name I feel like an idiot haha wow, it's so obvious now.

2 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

WEll, that is a nice fine mess you made.

1 hour ago, Maziani said:

Respectfully;

Please reconsider-- this decision will contribute to future cost creep; increasing the resource costs of future items because more and more people will be able to more easily get these resources. (And render building existing blueprints that require mutagen samples trivial.)

Please work with someone who understands economics to come up with a better plan.

all previous mutagen things were already trivial, that's not really an issue.

In general, increasing drops instead of lowering costs is a negative for inflated resources, but there haven't BEEN any noteworthy mutagen sinks in the first place so it's irrelevant.

thanks as always bunny!

mostly liking the Frost skin and the prospect of Nullifiers being changed. that was the LAST thing I expected to read, good job i didn't have a drink to spit at my TV..

I'm still clinging tightly to my Scepticism though, because there's ALWAYS a catch with things like this. I bet the weak spot moves at the speed of sound and is the size of a gnat's genitalia.

also, the prospect of new enemy tiers instead of Damage 3.0 sounds ominous to say the least. I hope by "new enemy tiers" they don't just mean "more dudes with stupid armour values and invincibility phases. if that's what they have in mind, I'd rather them scrap the idea right now.

extremely disappointing dev stream

I don't buy the "honoring the players" bit over the hema costs or that DE won't pull this again

the Damage 3.0 "news" (eh, enemy tiers is easier) is troubling

the cyst "fix", every new frame will have to be infected with bull S#&$ for 7 days it seems

and wtf was the "we'll be announcing a big community item during the stream!" was it tennocon?

I need to stop watching these