Coming Soon: Devstream #92!

[DE]Rebecca

Questions.

1. Will you correct the error in calling Animo a 'superintelligence'? Even the most fervent of skeptics can at least concede that it clearly wasn't that smart.

2. Zenith. A lot of feedback focuses on the clunkiness of the alt fire mechanic being tied to the deployable, destroyable disc. Can we hope for any QoL changes to it?

3. PBR. It's getting to the point now where items without it are the ones that stand out, strangely glossy. Hydroid's Immortal skin is PBR, while none of his helms are, and it looks weird. Could we please see PBR on all of the non-prime frames and their helms? Most of the newer warframes already have it, just the old ones that are still without are starting to stick out like sore, unsightly thumbs.

4. Ember's World on Fire seems to try to focus -ALL- of its hits on still-targetable invulnerable targets (like downed Bursas, Kuva fixtures, etc) whenever they're available, instead of hitting any actual enemies. World on Fire is literally the only thing she has going for her. She's already screwed by enough things. That tendency is just overkill. As much as I dread the possibility of it getting gutted and made worse (weary after the very underwhelming Mag and Oberon 'reworks'), can this ever be addressed?

5. The roll-sideways function is still gone from Archwing. There's still keybinds for it, but no action attached to them. This is still literally my biggest gripe with the current archwing - the loss of ability to actually dodge enemy fire that we had in the prior system. And the fact that enemies are still -exactly- as they were before, tailored to a system that featured the ability to avoid their fire. Sure, the Amesha is an invulnerable bandaid to such a glaring system flaw, but the principle of 1 option out of 4 being the only real one is bad. And no, it doesn't call for a nerf to that one option. It calls for a closer look and fix to the flawed system. 

6. Please keep Hydroid awful. We need a meme. 

in other news i'd like to know whether or not certain aspects of combat within the game will ever get fixed. We all saw the Mass Effect Andromeda "bug" of the female protagonist punching an enemy, missing his face completely but still landing the punch somehow. Alot of times, especially in kuva missions, this sort of thing happens. you parkour away from an enemy within the last second but the game reads the mobs' AI action as completed and you still take damage even though you're far away. Some times its not even a parkour dodge; you simply roll out of the way but still take damage. This needs to be addressed because its not a fun experience at all.

talking about not fun experiences, how about making changes to the way fire damage occurs? you have the hyekka master that spawns, plops down some burnt debris magically and kills you in said high-level missions. you can be 10-15ft away apparently and her fire still kills you instantly. we are transferred consciousness within a suit of armor, we're not boiled eggs with legs running about in space. is it too much to ask have these things rectified so we feel a little more like we're capable warriors? i find myself not enjoying the game as I once did 3 years ago because the end game content is no longer fun. its tedious missions and what makes it tedious is things like this. like i told steve on twitter, we need change soon.

and in talking about change, you know Nova was nerfed into the ground very shortly after her release right? but it took more than a year (after Nova's nerf) for a rework of the press4towin frames, Saryn and Ash. Mesa suffered a fate similar to Nova but like, are we just going to ignore Ember's ult? Will that ever be changed to a proper ult ability, instead of a toggle that you turn on like a switch and run around with? it does not seem alot different from aimbot Mesa because some times you dont even need to run around with Ember. you can just turn it on and stand still, like in defenses.

and one last thing, ETA on when you're removing sapping ospreys from the game. Since one ratel can kill you in high level missions under 4 seconds, i dont see the need for sapping ospreys. I mean i'd love for all one-hit kills by mobs to become straight up impossible, but i'd take getting rid of sapping ospreys for good. its cancer. 

thanks.

10 hours ago, AdamantSpartan said:

A while back on one of Steve's Sunday streams, he showed off something he threw together with a map that allowed the player move from on-foot combat to archwing mid-mission. Has there been any effort to implement this or was it just a one-time proof of concept type thing?

Also, is there any news on the Phorid Rework?

Mid mission arching is already in. Kuva fortress, right?

Hello again, DE Crew! My question for today is: Can you please take a look at the handling of Automatic, Held, and Charge based Secondary Fire weapons for PS4 and Xbox One players? Weapons like the Panthera and Paracyst are extremely awkward to use on Console's default keybindings (R3) because you have to aim while keeping the stick pressed in, which is extremely clunky. I know the keybindings can be swapped, but that can cause other problems (EX: If a player tried L2/LT as their alternative input, that puts Zoom on R3 which would make scoping and aim gliding problematic instead). If you could find a way to make Secondary Fire weapons that ask players to keep the input held more comfortable for console players, that would be fantastic. Thanks for your time, and stay awesome!

its been awhile since you first introduced the customizable weapon holster system, any plans on adding new holsters for other melee weapons, also are there any plans to expand the system to primaries and secondaries

Many people feel that the current system of charge attacks is way to clunky and needs to be refined,but with your plans on introducing the multi wielding system it seems like that might be put on the back burner; that being said how do you guys feel about the idea of setting the reload key to be for charge attacks since that will be more helpful to all melee weapons rather than one handed ones, and to keep the multi wield system bind it to alt fire since it is after all an alternative way to wield the weapons

5 hours ago, EDYinnit said:

Firstly, excellent job on the weapons balance pass. I can finally remove the "we're still waiting" section.

Hope you can keep making such good alterations in the future.

Unfortunately I missed two Devstreams' worth of asking these unanswered questions due to some forum issues, but I'm back, and here we go again!

Archwing and Archweapon Slot Limitations

I still refuse to let this slide, it was strictly insulting.

Telling us about the limitation on Archwing gear and slots to be bought for platinum 11 hotfixes into Specters of the Rail was NOT a solution to disingenuously sneaking it in without adequate, fair forewarning in the first place.

Relevant thread popularity banner and all, and second thread after the first was unjustly closed before the problem has been addressed.

What do you intend to do to give players a fair compensation or opportunity to acquire the free slots they could and often would have had grandfathered in if given proper notice of the change?

Unanswered Questions:

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Separate to the issue of relevelling after Forma use, will there be any change to Forma and Polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns. Times change, and while we have to relevel our gear for every Forma we use, even if less in the proposed new Mastery Rank relevance change, making our efforts, our time and our resources wasted is not a satisfying element of the game.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Another thread here as well. Threads keep popping up about new Forma, better Forma, different Forma on a regular basis. The system needs overhauling.

Now: We have 'lower limit' modding capacity, making it more comfortable to level weapons by using them after Forma.

However, some still recognise that there's a bigger issue than just "when do I get to use a polarised item again". The growing mod load with Primed and other high-drain mods demands a lot out of our very limited drain, as often do Sorties for most weapons to perform adequately. The user-unfriendliness of polarisation impacts negatively on flexibility and fun, and I doubt I'm the only one who tends not to use it where possible to not lock myself out of half my mod collection.

THIS ! especially for the Forma point.

Hello I'm a leader of a clan called Ravenous Judges and our dojo is not opening and saying dojo retrieval error and I have contacted "customer" support and started up a chat about this error or bug (in one of the warframe forums), and it seems my clan isn't the only one this has happened to. Please help and explain how to fix my clan doesn't want to start an new due to all work we put in. PLEASE HELP ALL of the loyal tenno's and help the Ravenous Judges.

Q: Can we see a rework for snipers? In their current form they leave much to be desired , semi auto rifles are usually better in any scenario where you want to use a sniper instead.

Perhaps a cloak mechanics of a sort .

, or specialized bullets to improve utility like vaubans mines and ivaras arrows (only one utility per weapon).

Question: With the upcoming melee equip state, allowing us to equip a one-handed melee in one hand and a secondary in the other, will melee weapons like the daggers finally be getting buffs/tweaks? Their attack speed and critical rates are far too low for what's iconic in games as a fast, precise crit-based weapon type. Along with this, plz buff latos and change the sounds on the magnus so it's more of a bang and less like a plastic-scraping ear-hurty noise. :D

question: will there be any additional planned changes coming to oberon? I feel having it cost more to heal more allies punishes you for being cooperative with your team, his survivability bestowed on him and his team is lacking, and it feels too inconsistent to have to have your space ninja allies stop moving and stand on your HG to get your buffs. I was wondering he may:

1. Have Renewal only cost a set amount to heal allies instead of increasing per ally
2. have either his base armor increased, or offer a substantial amount of % damage resistance buff for your team for standing on hallowed ground, as a timed buff when leaving HG, similar to the armor buff gained from renewal
3. require that only oberon stand on his hallowed ground to grant the ally armor buff or enemy armor debuff from renewal and reckoning respectively, as this would benefit both oberon for not having to rely on sticking his neck out to do such, and his allies now have more consistent armor buffs/debuffs

thank you for your time, I please hope you consider my ideas

What's the status on Oberon? Has the balancing team moved on? Will there be further buffs? Is the team aware that there is a lot of discontent on Oberon's recent reworks? What would you say to the people who claim he needs more buffs in order to improve?

Why does Scott say that Oberon is in a good place? Where does he think Oberon is, and where should he be in Scott's opinion? I'm genuinely curious what Scott thinks about Oberon, and I would really like to hear his opinion on the matter.

While I can't claim to have stood by Oberon since his release, in the short time I've built and used him, I've found him to be a fun, flexible frame, whose only downsides are low stats and wonky interactions between his abilities. I would really appreciate it if the balancing team could buff Oberon to make him scale really well into the late-end game.

Edited by FelixGrief

1). Can we get a difficulty scaling for Sorties?  Would love to see the ability to choose 2, 3 or 4 modifiers (randomly generated, of course) per mission, with a stronger lean towards better rewards with more modifiers.  Or, if a token system is ever introduced, more tokens.  I would also like to see seasonal weapon components come back as a reward option.  

2). As was previously mentioned above, friendly fire please?  

3). More companion breeds for both species?  Vacuum style mod for companions (call it Fetch or something).

4). More info on that hate mail we get from time to time?

So, this is the first real question I've ever asked and it's purely a cosmetic one. Is there any chance for the animation sets to incorporate almost all forms of movement (excluding bullet jumps, double jumps, slides, etc.) instead of just idle animations? It kind of ruins the moment when my mummified Nekros walks like a normal person. Also, just wanna make a shoutout to typing on consoles. #Dear_God_Typing_like_this_sucks             So, another thing. Can we get an individual extraction for survivals and excavations? Say somebody stands at the extraction point for thirty seconds and then they and only they are extracted. Also, can we get a fix for the host migration glitch that happens on defense and interception relic missions? The one that freezes the screen and makes any and all progress meaningless .

Edited by (PS4)Golden_Rogger
Remembered bigger issues that needs to be addressed

Can't wait for the quest and how DE explain Harrow's role in the warframe universe, plus where to farm his parts. Is the farming types going to be dealing with puzzles like getting octavia's chassis or RNG based like Atlas, Ash, Ivara, Oberon, Saryn, Mesa, Equinox, Four Riders(Stance mod for fist melee weapons) and etc.