Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #92!

[DE]Rebecca

1: Back when the new syndicate mods were first brought up on a devstream, I distinctly remember a consensus being reached that the Red Veil one needed to be changed. Was not changing it a conscious decision, or did you forget? If the former, what was your reasoning? If the latter, well, it happens to the best of us.

2: So, the Supra is the first tintable Vandal variant (hooray!), are you planning to go back and make existing Vandals (and Wraiths!) tintable as well?

The Blade and Whip currently has many issues. It ranges from missing animations and misplaced assets, to bugs that makes its full potential unusable when invisible. Despite making topics over the years showing images, GIFs and constructive, and descriptive reports, it hasn't received any fixes yet.

Additionally, it's one of the weapons that doesn't have an alternate stance. Defiled Snapdragon is extremely good, with three combos that have their own utility. Still, at least one more stance could be nice, considering the Claws have, like, 4 stances.

Can you guys take a look at Blade and Whip weapons any time soon? The Mios is my favorite weapon of all time <3

Edited by Casardis

My question is mostly for @[DE]Steve, but i would love to hear others opinion on it.

Question: Will we see your "sprint default, shift is 'creep speed'," idea come to fruition anytime soon? The jog as the default feels rather unfitting for the pace of the gameplay, and the Sprint Toggle deactivates far too often to serve the true purpose of a toggle.

7ukcJWp.png

Edited by EmptyDevil

So...Volt cloth physics when?

Tenno pump action shotgun actually going to get all the ammo types shown off in the original images?

Also, any word on an actual universal vacuum? I mean tying it to warframes alone without needing a mod? Maybe make it a toggle in settings or arsenal for those who dont want it? I would love to be able to take my Raksa Kubrow out on missions, or even my Kavats. As it stands, universal vacuum is only good for sentinels, it still alienates the "pet" style companion.  

Edited by armedpoop

Q: I want to be able to apply more forma to stack different polarities in the same slots. (Y and --, for example). Building another copy of the item isn't something I'm going to do, and people already 100-forma single items for fun anyway. Why not, aside from technical challenge? I'd need to buy more forma. :thumbup:

Edited by Temragon

9 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

My question is mostly for @[DE]Steve, but i would love to hear others opinion on it.

Question: Will we see your "sprint default, shift is 'creep speed'," idea come to fruition anytime soon? The jog as the default feels rather unfitting for the pace of the gameplay, and the Sprint Toggle deactivates far too often to serve the true purpose of a toggle.

7ukcJWp.png

Dear god, please.

Add it as a new option, change the default, sacrifice a goat - I don't care. Just make always-on sprint available.

Also I would have edited my other post with this if  had thought about it. Oh well.

Edited by Temragon

How about oberon update aftermath?
- how did oberon update change his % of usage by players?
- can we expect a change in oberons renewal healing necros' minions? They burns down all energy making renewal useless with necros in team.

- is oberons' random power amplification a bug or is there truly some logic given to it? Personaly i cant find any similarities in power strength buff when i get 90 hp/s or 160 hp/s while my standard is 80 hp/s with 200% power str

- why does oberons heal aoe sits in one place after moving on with oberon? Teammates needs to go to renewal cast location for buff and it works for a long time (if not forever) after renewal cast.

- how does oberons renewal ability works still after oberon entering nullifier buble. Teammates still have the buff/heal but isnt oberon the source of it? Maybe it should work like old nyx chaos.

Im still pondering about what logic stands behind oberons' random renewal ability strength buff ;).

Other questions:

- In some of the previous devstream you mentioned that archwing races are coming, Can you share some information on that?

- archwing defense is the node that i forgot about right after kaszas set completion. Any changes incoming to that? Basicly it get interesting at wave 35-40. Before this you can just take 1 or 2 Elytrons and survive till then with just its ability.

Firstly, excellent job on the weapons balance pass. I can finally remove the "we're still waiting" section.

Hope you can keep making such good alterations in the future.

Unfortunately I missed two Devstreams' worth of asking these unanswered questions due to some forum issues, but I'm back, and here we go again!

Archwing and Archweapon Slot Limitations

I still refuse to let this slide, it was strictly insulting.

Telling us about the limitation on Archwing gear and slots to be bought for platinum 11 hotfixes into Specters of the Rail was NOT a solution to disingenuously sneaking it in without adequate, fair forewarning in the first place.

Relevant thread popularity banner and all, and second thread after the first was unjustly closed before the problem has been addressed.

What do you intend to do to give players a fair compensation or opportunity to acquire the free slots they could and often would have had grandfathered in if given proper notice of the change?

Unanswered Questions:

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Separate to the issue of relevelling after Forma use, will there be any change to Forma and Polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns. Times change, and while we have to relevel our gear for every Forma we use, even if less in the proposed new Mastery Rank relevance change, making our efforts, our time and our resources wasted is not a satisfying element of the game.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Another thread here as well. Threads keep popping up about new Forma, better Forma, different Forma on a regular basis. The system needs overhauling.

Now: We have 'lower limit' modding capacity, making it more comfortable to level weapons by using them after Forma.

However, some still recognise that there's a bigger issue than just "when do I get to use a polarised item again". The growing mod load with Primed and other high-drain mods demands a lot out of our very limited drain, as often do Sorties for most weapons to perform adequately. The user-unfriendliness of polarisation impacts negatively on flexibility and fun, and I doubt I'm the only one who tends not to use it where possible to not lock myself out of half my mod collection.

Ammo

Q: Is there a possibility of a more significant ammo rework to fix bugs and aid balance of several weapon classes?

With static ammo pickups and certain restrictions, high ammo consumption weapons often fall short, not in raw DPS which they compete evenly in, but because they just can't keep going for long before they're completely dry and relying on pickups/Restores. We also see such bugs as the Sniper+Castana ammo restriction issue, recently addressed by a half-application of my own suggestion for the issue overall, using Pistol ammo for 'special' secondaries but with a different actual restoration numbers.
My suggestion here attempts to address all of that, as well as opens up balance levers by allowing any ammo type to be used for secondaries. There's also a chance for this to bring currently unused Max Ammo mods up to a functional level by allowing them to improve ammo gained per pickup (while not making Mutation obsolete either).

The Twin Rogga now exists for the other half of the equation - using nonpistol ammo, but in its normal amounts. Between the 'special' secondaries and the Rogga, tech is clearly in place to implement this rework in a full and sweeping manner. Any idea of when it might happen?

Using Mod Ranks Below Fusion Level

Q: Why force users to potentially hold many mods of lesser fusion, instead of being able to use ranks up to the fused maximum?

This has been mentioned in passing at times, but it's still ridiculous that we can't have this quality of life with the current modding system. It seems like something that would be an inherent part of a system where drain ranges so wildly and precise values are so aggressively tweaked (Corrupted Mods, looking at you).

Can the data load of a handful of extra bytes per loadout (to identify the rank of the slotted mod to use) really be higher than the load involved with having an actual incentive to hold multiple mods all with their own fusion levels? Can it even be anything but a drop in the bucket in comparison to simply holding thousands of instances of mods?

Questionable Augments reviving Degenerate Gameplay

Q: What were you thinking with Resonant Quake and when will it be reworked to stop the repeat of Blind Mirage shenanigans?

Don't really need to say much about this - but I've seen a surge in threads about it. Resonant Quake Banshee is Blind Mirage with less energy efficiency. It removes the gameplay on single-tile maps, and energy restores allow it to be used near-indefinitely.

Question : How are the new Sentient's coming along? Other then a few questlines they really don't feel like a threat to the system. Is there anything coming to make Sentient's more terrifying? Be it their own faction controlled area or even a boss? Speaking of Sentient's we saw them in a void during Octavia's questline does this mean that they have adapted to cover the one weakness they had?

The last thing I want to mention is to keep up the good work DE all you rock!

Hi guys, the last couple of updates have been great, and the dual fan weapons from the last Devstream were super intriguing.

Now, last stream I and a bunch of others asked about Focus and Operators, and the answer we got was that Focus is slated for a rework, that it is intended to affect Operators, and that it's attached to some quest or plot event. Neat!

So this time, I want to ask about the Orbiter. Do you guys have any plans for a quest or event which will allow us to access the other decks of our carriers, and maybe even customise rooms on the lower decks by repairing, clearing out, and reallocating space down there? If done right, that could be a super cool project and resource sink for players, and allow for totally sweet customisation of our homes.

Please, please, please can you finally sort MOD CONFLICTS !

On 2017-2-11 at 0:46 AM, jetpack_jack said:

Mod Conflicts - With the great change to sentinel's 'universal' vacuum mod, & the introduction of 'Taxon', i was hoping to be able to freely use all sentinels and their weapons, but endless 'MOD CONFLICTS' continue to make that dream a hopeless nightmare  . I've played for thousands of hours, had incredible fun, but every time i switch weapons, adjust weapon builds, re-forma weapons . . . i get that sinking feeling of despair & frustration !    After all the time & effort i put into maxing duplicates of every weapon mod, needed for sentinel weapons, I am amazed, after all this time, you still haven't sorted this glaring mess !  PLEASE can we have some simple way to know which mod is which, i.e which of my 'max serrations' is for sentinels & which is for my primaries? just a simple symbol in a corner of the mod, or a colour tint to signify its current use, please, please  just anything to stop the endless mis-matching & conflict madness?  I know you guys can do it  You just need to get a few good brains together, to 'Permanently Resolve' this stress inducing, fun stopping, hair pulling situation ! . . . and i'm loving Taxon :highfive:

previously posted - May 26, 2016 . . . . 

It's been a while since companions arrived with their own weapons, and the 'Mod Conflicts' began, since that day, i have mostly ignored changing from sweeper prime, as i rarely run with a primary shotgun, and therefore, dont get weapon mod conflits, but then im missing out on some 6 formad sentinel weapons that i would dearly love to use, but can't take the mod conflict mess hassle so . . . . .  when can we expect distinct mods, and never have that dreaded conflict again? 

p.s i do use the auto resolve, but it is not consistent, as i have maxed multiples of just about every damage mod, and i have kept every weapon, thats alot of potential mis-matched conflits to auto-resolve. I hope u get the idea !

thanks for caring, and sharing, vive le tenno,    JpJ

Please Sort Mod Conflicts between tenno and sentinels ! i live in hope :thumbup:

Something I thought of, considering we can boost every other resource we obtain, from affinity(Which increases focus and syndicate gains as well as mastery), to resources(such as cryotic, kuva, everything else.) Why is there no booster for endo? Why is endo the only thing that is unable to be obtained quickly? I can buy boosters for everything and get it quickly, as I typically do not have a lot of time in the day to play the game so I need to acquire things in large amounts quickly, the only thing that I can not get fast enough is endo.

Would an Endo booster, or having resource boosters affect endo, be something the Dev's are willing to consider doing?

- Volt cloth physics coming soon?

- Are melee Riven still being worked on?

- Any progress on dual wield and reworked charge attack/melee 2.5?

- Should we expect the Tenno pump shotgun to release before TennoCon?

- Will console get older Tennogen content? (I really want the Volt Thales helmet).

Edited by (XB1)DomTheKilleur

Any word on if Nekros' Shadows using up tons of Oberon's energy being a bug or intended? If it is intended why would an Oberon Player be punished for a Nekros using a power? I cant think of any other power interaction that has a direct nuke to one players energy pool. Besides the shadows spawn with a DOT, seems like an oversight. 

First off thank you for fixing the danaus skin.

1. ( a run during the ambulas event spawned this question) Currently there is a tile set where we can run missions that hybrid normal game play and archwing. (sharchwing on uranus) The Kuva Fortress introduced archwing enemies to the normal game. I'm wondering if there will be or are any kind of plans for implementing the same kind of hybrid mechanics to other tile sets like the Kuva Fortress and infested decelerate ships? I think it would be a fun way of allowing normal and archwing players to intermingle more if its even possible to implement something like this.

2. currently there are two sentient weapons in game war and broken war I'm wondering if there might be any other weapons in the distant future with the sentient aesthetic?