Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

28 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

They'll say the same things, "It's coming", "We're working on it", and they will be met with the same dissatisfaction. The evil you know is better than the evil you don't, except that doesn't apply here because DE is painfully aware of both evils. So in this case, the evil you're used to now is better than the evil you'd rather not have to go through again because said evil is a lose-lose for everyone.

If they're painfully aware of it then they shouldn't have brought an Umbra teaser to Tennocon.

On 2/25/2018 at 10:30 PM, Blade said:

If they're painfully aware of it then they shouldn't have brought an Umbra teaser to Tennocon.

I guess I can agree with that. If the Venus landscape ends up releasing before the Sacrifice, the teaser will prove to have been completely pointless (aside from, as I have stated before, crowd pleasing/generating a reaction). Time will tell whether or not that teaser was a good decision.

EDIT: I want to point out, yes, I understand teasers are simply meant to tease, as the name directly states. However, when it comes to Warframe and teasers, it's always expected that any teased content is soon/relatively soon to be released, so in other words, the next major update (or very close to). The Sacrifice teaser was shown after the Plains demo., so it can be assumed that due to being comfortable enough to release a teaser (along with showing it in general), the Sacrifice would be the update to immediately follow Plains, aka 23.

However, due to the Venus landscape being spoken of the most, and the fact they can't and won't say anything about the Sacrifice, it's not unrealistic to believe the former may be released before the latter. There's no information on the quest's progress, so it's anyone's guess as to which will come first (and just because they said, "the plan is to release the quest before Venus", doesn't mean that will end up being the case).

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

I guess I can agree with that. If the Venus landscape ends up releasing before the Sacrifice, the teaser will prove to have been completely pointless (aside from, as I have stated before, crowd pleasing/generating a reaction). Time will tell whether or not that teaser was a good decision.

EDIT: I want to point out, yes, I understand teasers are simply meant to tease, as the name directly states. However, when it comes to Warframe and teasers, it's always expected that any teased content is soon/relatively soon to be released, so in other words, the next major update (or very close to). The Sacrifice teaser was shown after the Plains demo. so it can be assumed that due to being comfortable enough to release a teaser (along with showing it in general), the Sacrifice would be the update to immediately follow Plains, aka 23.

However, due to the Venus landscape being spoken of the most, and the fact they can't and won't say anything about the Sacrifice, it's not unrealistic to believe the former may be released before the latter. There's no information on the quest's progress, so it's anyone's guess as to which will come first (and just because they said, "the plan is to release the quest before Venus", doesn't mean that will end up being the case).

similarly they didnt tell us anything about tsd much till it launched 

only reason many knew most of like tsd was datamines 

and steve made a few umrba quips ad finishing it, so hopefully soon more to come , thats all we can hope for 

19 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Well the first thing isn't that they had no clue what to do with him, imo. I think the first thing is that they didn't really intend on us finding out about him, and I personally don't think they originally intended for us to have him, only the Chinese build players. And he was only meant to be their Excal Prime. So, when they felt pressured into giving him to the global build (let's not forget that entire scandal and slow response from DE), they didn't, and still don't, know what to do with him.

And while they don't want to spoil The Sacrifice, I don't think that's the reason they've been silent. I think Umbra (the frame, the quest, all of it) has never been a priority for DE, so I don't think they've ever really put a lot of effort towards working on him. I think the reason they've never said much about Umbra, and why they can't even give an estimated release window, is because they don't have anything to say, because they haven't done much on him. Again, I think that because he's never been a priority for them. So they'll keep pushing it back. As I have always wanted, I wish they would just release the frame itself, or even just release it as a skin, and call it a day, because at the end of the day, I think most people only want Umbra for one of two reasons: 1) he's a Primed Excalibur for all those who don' have Excalibur Prime, or 2) his aesthetic is appealing, particularly the scarf and loin cloth.

It's hard to say whether or not we were originally supposed to get the frame. That's what I thought at first, but DE isn't stupid. We're all aware of how quickly information spreads. There is no possible way they could have kept it hidden from the global build, because no matter what the case, DE is not more powerful than the internet (and they obviously know that). I can definitely agree with the part about not being a priority, however. If the Sacrifice ends up not using any elements released within the time of Excal Umbra's leak, it means they could have easily started working on the quest immediately following War Within, then releasing it mid-late 2017.

Then Plains came out of nowhere, took over priority.

Then Venus came out of nowhere, seems to be priority.

I find it hilarious that Steve stated the plan (yes, a plan established 24 hours before that stream) was to release the quest before PoV, but followed that up by saying only some of the team is working on it, while most are working on the landscape. You'd think if you want to get A out before B, you and your team would commit most resources and time to A instead of B, but that's just not the case here I guess.

In the end, all I can say for certain is, if by some miraculous means Excalibur Umbra and the Sacrifice are released (even more so, if they're released this year), all this salt of mine will disappear until I find out Umbra frames come with some stupid mechanic that just isn't worth it for the sake of playing a reskin, get mad again, come to the forums, and proceed to whine some more.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

Most compelling evidence I have that suggests the sacrifice is coming soon (before venus)

Hide contents

Ordis lotus. They won't leave us with fake lotus for another warframe quest (khora) or another open world.

Hm. Never really thought about that. 

Yeah, I feel that's wayyy too heavy of a cliffhanger to drop in our laps, without already having the rest at least in a somewhat solid state.

Not that they haven't done that before (giving us the Helminth Cyst with only the base interactions, long before they even figured out how they wanted to expand on it).

Edited by rapt0rman

3 hours ago, Demoonic said:

Most compelling evidence I have that suggests the sacrifice is coming soon (before venus)

Reveal hidden contents

Ordis lotus. They won't leave us with fake lotus for another warframe quest (khora) or another open world.

3 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Was thinking the same.

3 hours ago, Blade said:

Hm. Never really thought about that. 

3 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

Yeah, I feel that's wayyy too heavy of a cliff hanger to drop in our laps, without already having the rest at least in a somewhat solid state.

Not that they haven't done that before (giving us the Helminth Cyst with only the base interactions, long before they even figured out how they wanted to expand on it).

Here's a relevant tweet. Doesn't do anything here, nor there, but it's there, so here.

And all in good fun, I have no ill will towards DE, I made a slight edit.

ab7e6a8c597123fa4c8bd6808091e2c2.png

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

Yeah, I feel that's wayyy too heavy of a cliff hanger to drop in our laps, without already having the rest at least in a somewhat solid state.

To be fair that wasn't as big as lotus, so leaving helmy as a clifhanger is "okay?" in a way.

Edited by Demoonic

12 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

To be fair that wasn't as big as lotus, so leaving helmy as a clifhanger is "okay?" in a way.

Yeah, personally I don't have a problem with the cyst at all, but there's definitely a vocal portion of the player base that would like nothing more then to permanently deal with it once and for all.

Also, just in case anyone misunderstands, my original statement was meant as "I agree that they probably already have the Sacrifice in a somewhat solid state, otherwise they wouldn't have dropped such a heavy cliffhanger."

Edited by rapt0rman

22 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

After all the time that we've been hearing nothing but "we're working on it", I'd expect a quest of the same lenght as the whole Lord of the Rings saga with their credits included.

Lower your expectation. I assume the quest will be the same length as Kung Fury. It was short and entertaining.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

It's hard to say whether or not we were originally supposed to get the frame. That's what I thought at first, but DE isn't stupid. We're all aware of how quickly information spreads. There is no possible way they could have kept it hidden from the global build, because no matter what the case, DE is not more powerful than the internet (and they obviously know that). I can definitely agree with the part about not being a priority, however. If the Sacrifice ends up not using any elements released within the time of Excal Umbra's leak, it means they could have easily started working on the quest immediately following War Within, then releasing it mid-late 2017.

Then Plains came out of nowhere, took over priority.

Then Venus came out of nowhere, seems to be priority.

I find it hilarious that Steve stated the plan (yes, a plan established 24 hours before that stream) was to release the quest before PoV, but followed that up by saying only some of the team is working on it, while most are working on the landscape. You'd think if you want to get A out before B, you and your team would commit most resources and time to A instead of B, but that's just not the case here I guess.

In the end, all I can say for certain is, if by some miraculous means Excalibur Umbra and the Sacrifice are released (even more so, if they're released this year), all this salt of mine will disappear until I find out Umbra frames come with some stupid mechanic that just isn't worth it for the sake of playing a reskin, get mad again, come to the forums, and proceed to whine some more.

Steam hit 100K with PoE.

This is the tell-tale metric that is likely causing Umbra and "The Sacrifice" to be repeatedly pushed back into the ...shadows.

Landscapes generate GROFIT and may be easier to develop.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

i have one silly question on this topic the umbra warframe is gonna be available for every single warframe? or is gonna be just for Excalibur? also is gonna be like like the prime warframes? like for example you need different parts to farm in order to get Volt Prime or is gonna be some sort of transformation? Because to tell you the truth i would like to make My Volt Prime even more powerful.

52 minutes ago, SavitarGod0fSpeed said:

i have one silly question on this topic the umbra warframe is gonna be available for every single warframe? or is gonna be just for Excalibur? also is gonna be like like the prime warframes? like for example you need different parts to farm in order to get Volt Prime or is gonna be some sort of transformation? Because to tell you the truth i would like to make My Volt Prime even more powerful.

Its  dark version from prime and we are going 2 have for some frames umbra version and not for all....