Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

11 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Maybe to handle the trauma of wiping the Orokin, The Operator created the "Stalker" and this is the war without... the war without oneself and The Operator accepts himself and merges with Umbra or something like that.

The Operator fashioned false memories from the dream world which became a lost fragment and became part of Stalker "A low guardian". 

Furthermore, what if... what if... The Operator created The Stalker to kill him. Go to the cutscene of where Hunhow is like "You still hate yourself", the way the Hunhow talks is so 3rd person I guess and their is this clear contrast between the Operator and the Stalker while the dialogue is going on. 

The Operator hated himself and these emotions created a transference fracture like Rell... and the Operator gave the Stalker a purpose, a motivation in order to achieve so. But these are suppressed and long forgotten memories or subconsciously sealed away. 

Edited by CaptainStrawberry

6 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Furthermore, what if... what if... The Operator created The Stalker to kill him. Go to the cutscene of where Hunhow is like "You still hate yourself", the way the Stalker talks is so 3rd person I guess and their is this clear contrast between the Operator and the Stalker while the dialogue is going on. 

The Operator hated himself and these emotions created a transference fracture like Rell... and the Operator gave the Stalker a purpose, a motivation in order to achieve so. But these are suppressed and long forgotten memories or subconsciously sealed away. 

Man, this would be really cool, actually. 

DE if you're out of ideas, I hope you are reading this thread. 

Edited by Blade

4 hours ago, Th3DarkN3ko said:

Instead, What if Excalibur Umbra is actually our newest Mentor, "Operated" by Ballas and/or Marguilus.

... I had an argument to present, but this is mostly S P E C U L A T I O N .

DE have already confirmed that Umbra frames will be a new type of Warframe

• Like 1

Do you think that the umbra  warframe require a regular/prime warframe as a component to build it?

excalibur + umbra bp = excalibur umbra

excalibur prime + umbra bp = excalibur prime umbra

By doing so, the umbra warframe will mimic the previous stat from the original/prime warframe while granting them new ability. This mechanic seem fair to all the new and veteran players without compromising DE promise to the founders. Do you think about this system should be implemented into warframe or DE should think of a better solution to obtain the umbra warframe?

5 minutes ago, FunJester said:

Do you think that the umbra  warframe require a regular/prime warframe as a component to build it?

excalibur + umbra bp = excalibur umbra

excalibur prime + umbra bp = excalibur prime umbra

By doing so, the umbra warframe will mimic the previous stat from the original/prime warframe while granting them new ability. This mechanic seem fair to all the new and veteran players without compromising DE promise to the founders. Do you think about this system should be implemented into warframe or DE should think of a better solution to obtain the umbra warframe?

It's fair I suppose. What if stats were decided like a riven mod for Umbra's haha

Edited by CaptainStrawberry

It takes a lot of time to remodelling the frames and make their umbra version. Probably that's why is delayed and why we waited "whom waited" long enough to this. If they only can present the excallibur umbra then it will be a massive rage. 

• Like 9

He’s....

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

s p a g h e t t

Spoiler
Spoiler

I’ll go now.

Edited by EndermanBeast
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, EndermanBeast said:

He’s....

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

s p a g h e t t

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I’ll go now.

i opened it and i regret nothing

Considering the new level of customisation we've had included in warframe just recently, including the ability to craft modular weapons via zaws + amps, and not forgetting the new and improved selection of arcanes + revamp of the arcane system. I think it's safe to say it's highly possible that Umbra Warframes may be something similar in nature.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Stalker is an Umbra, and he has a selection of abilities originally pertaining to other individual warframe which kinda supports this train of thought.

So I think we'll see Umbra's being modular to some degree whereby we can customise which abilities they can use.

I think that essentially they're going to be far more advanced and "rare" than other warframes including primes, and put an emphasis on customisation pertaining to the individual in question's build preferences. But of course, they'll likely be locked behind some hefty end-game like system of grind so that they don't instantly become the new meta and give people incentive to simply cast aside their "basic" warframes.

Just now, Yung-Azrael said:

Considering the new level of customisation we've had included in warframe just recently, including the ability to craft modular weapons via zaws + amps, and not forgetting the new and improved selection of arcanes + revamp of the arcane system. I think it's safe to say it's highly possible that Umbra Warframes may be something similar in nature.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Stalker is an Umbra, and he has a selection of abilities originally pertaining to other individual warframe which kinda supports this train of thought.

So I think we'll see Umbra's being modular to some degree whereby we can customise which abilities they can use.

I think that essentially they're going to be far more advanced and "rare" than other warframes including primes, and put an emphasis on customisation pertaining to the individual in question's build preferences. But of course, they'll likely be locked behind some hefty end-game like system of grind so that they don't instantly become the new meta and give people incentive to simply cast aside their "basic" warframes.

This would also explain why it's taken so long for any real progress to be made with Umbra warframes. The system is potentially so large and game-changing, and includes many other sub-systems that creating it and testing it would be potentially the most grueling task ever carried out by DE thus far. I mean they'd have to test every single combination of warframes abilities alongside operator abilities, companion abilities, arcanes, and their combined effect on every single enemy type, with every single special sortie-like factor, and they'd also have to test larger combinations of these things within squads of 2-4 players. Not to mention the testing actual system of unlocking these modular customisations.

So "Umbra" warframes could potentially be the most ambitious addition to Warframe we've seen yet.

• Like 2