Jump to content
(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Recommended Posts

Are you excited about the Umbra Firma you can get from Rank 29 Nightwave standing? (should take less than 6 weeks if you do every Nightwave wave job).

I am not.

Unless you can obtain Umbra Formas in a reliable way, they'll be pointless. Why? You still would have to keep an Umbral mod unmaxed in order to uphold your flexibility to fit Umbral mods in several builds.

Unless you decide to focus your Umbral mods on only one Warframe (besides Excalibur Umbra), maxing out all Umbral mods will be counter-productive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe some1 from DE said that rewards from Nightwave won't be exclusive to it. The armor set was taken as an example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never had an issue to make Umbral-builds work.

I like these new Formas. Now I can make my Excal Prime into an Excal Umbra. Only one Umbral Forma needed for the Frame and one needed for the Exalted Blade.

And they aren't pointless, just because you get the Umbra Forma only every 10 weeks or so.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you do know they aren't absolutely essential, right? they're just a nice thing for people who want to min-max with Umbral mods and more easily fit them on. you can still wreck enemies at just about any level without an Umbral build. I highly doubt DE would consider making Umbral Formas super easy to get because then it just makes it less unique. we shouldn't be able to throw around Umbra Formas like we do regular old Forma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im looking forward to getting it, by sheer luck it will allow me to have a perfect fit for the 3rd umbra mod into my 6 forma garuda to have almost 1000 health.

There is nothing wrong with the umbra mods not being maxed either, my armor and intensify are rank 9 with vitality rank 8 and its only because of that I can make it work. Rank 10 really isn't even worth the price point on umbra even with all 3 active as a set.

I assume we will only see 5 umbra formas this year through the event, maybe more if DE really feels like it for something and when next year rolls around there will be a 2nd way to get them and with that life goes on with umbra formas being a cool thing thats no longer special. No more hate or love, just indifference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have at least 2 umbral mods(most being vit + int) on almost every frame and this forma is only needed for a triple umbral mod build that wants some flexibility. Even those builds only need a single umbral polarity to be able to fit all the mods you need(including an exilus) as long as you use normal forma in all the other slots. This being a rare reward works well and still encourages you to use normal forma due to its rarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In other words:

All you guys find it awesome to grind 6 weeks to outfit/improve exactly one more Warframe with umbral mods? (Nothing else will happen).

Don't get me wrong, it's better than not getting it. Still, I find it a very meh reward for all the boring work ahead (I find the Rank 5 noggle more rewarding).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No, synthula is completely pointless.

Umbra polarities will grow in popularity after New War drops guaranteed.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, its pointless.

Now, the cosmetics... Ohohoh... now those are what trully matters.

h0E81BEA6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, the introduction of Umbral Forma could mean that they're planning to release more Umbral mods and possibly replace Primed mods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh, I am for sure.  I'll be able to complete my Nezha's build with a triple max-umbra mod set now.  More will trickle in, it's not like you have to have them all forma's this month.  Enjoy the slow grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MissingOne said:

I have at least 2 umbral mods(most being vit + int) on almost every frame and this forma is only needed for a triple umbral mod build that wants some flexibility. Even those builds only need a single umbral polarity to be able to fit all the mods you need(including an exilus) as long as you use normal forma in all the other slots. This being a rare reward works well and still encourages you to use normal forma due to its rarity

there are 2 types of builds that will want the umbral fomra,  full umbral builds with all 3 so you have room for an exalis,  and half umbrals that need high flexibility (see Oberon for an example) there is one exception and that Is current Chroma who wants the half umbral build but needs the extra capacity based on stock build costs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Posted (edited)

I hope the next Devstream Alerts give us an Umbra Forma, just so we can use them faster.

Plus there are frames which do good with all 3 Umbra mods. Oberon, Nidus, Inaros (simply because it makes him a meat slab) Gara, Valkyr etc.

But Omega Forma when?

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Toran said:

In other words:

All you guys find it awesome to grind 6 weeks to outfit/improve exactly one more Warframe with umbral mods? (Nothing else will happen).

Don't get me wrong, it's better than not getting it. Still, I find it a very meh reward for all the boring work ahead (I find the Rank 5 noggle more rewarding).

While I am guilty on occasion of logical fallacies...holy crap did your post hit more than 50% of them.  

Edited by Chappie1975

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Never had an issue to make Umbral-builds work.

I like these new Formas. Now I can make my Excal Prime into an Excal Umbra. Only one Umbral Forma needed for the Frame and one needed for the Exalted Blade.

And they aren't pointless, just because you get the Umbra Forma only every 10 weeks or so.

That seems like an incredible waste of the Umbra Forma. Just making a second Excal Umbra? Why not put it on a different frame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That seems like an incredible waste of the Umbra Forma.

You know what a real waste is? You getting bothered by what I'm doing...

  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wonder if DE has confirmed if they will create more Umbra Warframes. Since the addition of Umbral Forma, I've seen a few concerns over whether they will continue to release Umbra Frames. That's just unwarranted concern in my opinion but I am a bit curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes, there will be more Umbra frames.

I don't think there's an exact quote (if there is, someone please post it) but they've said before that all frames will get a Prime, but not every frame will get an Umbra.

The running community theory I've seen is the first 8 or so frames will be the ones to get Umbra'd, and that'll be it.

Edited by (XB1)Skippy575
Clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Toran said:

Are you excited about the Umbra Firma you can get from Rank 29 Nightwave standing? (should take less than 6 weeks if you do every Nightwave wave job).

I am not.

Unless you can obtain Umbra Formas in a reliable way, they'll be pointless. Why? You still would have to keep an Umbral mod unmaxed in order to uphold your flexibility to fit Umbral mods in several builds.

Unless you decide to focus your Umbral mods on only one Warframe (besides Excalibur Umbra), maxing out all Umbral mods will be counter-productive.

There isnt even a need to keep them unmaxed as is, unless you love wasting them on squishy frames etc. where fiber is of zero use to begin with.

All the frames can easily utilize 2x maxed Umbral mods. 3 mods should only ever be used on frames that actually benefit from all 3 stats, which few do. It isnt worth the trade off on any frame except a select few to get slightly more health and ability power by slotting umbral fiber. You are simply better off slotting umbral vit+umbral int along with augur secrets or another  ability damage mod you havent yet slotted.

The Umbra Forma will simply be a good choice to avoid having to equip steel charge on certain frames that use 2 umbral mods currently. It will also let those same frames un-polarize their augment slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're just unnecessary powercreep now so I'm okay with it. If we wind up needing more sentient-based gear and they become more important I'm sure DE won't keep such a heavy timegate on them(though I'd still expect them to be a pain to get).

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just want to buy them. 

My two Frost primes demand more power and armour. 

Edited by Valiant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still not even convinced we need umbral mods, let alone umbral forma. Tau System better be a huge spike in difficulty to justify all this power creep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well sorry for caring, jerk.

You weren't caring. If you were, you wouldn't have used the words "incredible waste".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...