Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

thank you DE for making this easier

CaptRiker

straw that broke the camels back.  Mastery Rank test 24..  1st you put in the utter failure that was archwing.. then pvp flopped..  now the OPERATOR crap and rank 24 test.. playing as an operator is about the lamest implement as archwing but worse.. cannot get past rank 24 test no matter what.  u cannot see how much energy u have left.. the timer is way to short (why this it in the 1st place?).  and the operator is way to weak with too many baby bugs biting you constantly.  20 practice fails = thank you de.  I just let slip a 75% off daily for the 1st time, I always drop $25 when I get a 75% off.. not today.. thank you for pushing me out the door after 3 years.

You can estimate your energy remaining by watching the colour change on the reticle, it fades from white to yellow to orange to red to black.  Use short controlled bursts of fire at the target and never let the energy run red, always keep enough in reserve to crouch+jump, dashing through the maggots, restoring energy in the process (targets hit by the dash restore 10 energy).  Apart from that it's just jogging round in a circle while zapping the orb.  It's not that hard once you get used to it.  Took me two attempts.

took me 3 times. it is hard i will admit, but it is not impossible.i dont think the intention is to be easy.

the strategy i used was keep running in around the orb in a cirlce just outside the walls so the big fat bastards dont see you. stop at each energy orb location. dont pick up the energy orb yet, waste all of you energy by shooting the target then pick up the orb. then either keep shooting from there or starting running in a circle to opposite side shooting as you go or wait until you get to the other energy orb and repeat. was actually simple with that strategy.

Edited by Dark5eiD

You don't even need to worry about getting killed. the timer keeps running, and the orb doesn't reset. Just keep pouring your beam into the ball and picking up the blue energy orbs at the 2 sides of the map.

Yes this test is dumb in Operator's current state. No, it is not hard.

I cannot understand when people have a bad first impression of a system and ignore the system entirely. Then have the balls to complain about the system that they have ignored entirely and have no idea how it works in the first place

From what I've seen, it's not even that hard. Operators aren't that bad, either. You have to be skilled to use them, as they're squishy as hell at the moment, but they're fully capable of doing the mission. Many people have completed the Mastery Rank 24 test. Only thing that can be said here is "git gud" really, skill at handling the Operator is something you must master as a Warframe player. Can't Master the Tenno? Can't be Mastery Rank 24.

20 minutes ago, CaptRiker said:

straw that broke the camels back.  Mastery Rank test 24..  1st you put in the utter failure that was archwing.. then pvp flopped..  now the OPERATOR crap and rank 24 test.. playing as an operator is about the lamest implement as archwing but worse.. cannot get past rank 24 test no matter what.  u cannot see how much energy u have left.. the timer is way to short (why this it in the 1st place?).  and the operator is way to weak with too many baby bugs biting you constantly.  20 practice fails = thank you de.  I just let slip a 75% off daily for the 1st time, I always drop $25 when I get a 75% off.. not today.. thank you for pushing me out the door after 3 years.

Ah, the salt got into my eyes!

It was quite difficult though, I give you that, been a while since I needed a second run to do a MR test. The good ol' times.

Because honestly... Operator mode kind of sucks.  People tend to ignore things that suck and aren't fun.  And further progress is gated behind dealing with a system that is basically just sort of broken.  Whether it's "hard" or not probably depends on if you've spent any time messing with Operator mode.  But please keep in mind, just because something isn't a problem *for you* doesn't mean it isn't a problem.  And until it gets a rework, Operator mode is a problem.  (I had similar issues with the final mission of Chains of Harrow.  Atmospheric and intersting, right up until the last mission, and then it's just a tedious slog.  So fun.  NOT.)

it sounds like, the first time a Mastery Test has truly required serious knowledge about something in the game, rather than being a W+M1 test - it is 'impossible to complete'.
that's uh, curiously amusing.

if you somehow haven't picked up on anything in your many practices, Dashing through Enemies generates Energy, Dashing can also get Maggots off of you, the uh laser beam thing is more practical to be used in short bursts generally than continuous use, 'Punch'/Blast is useful for a lot of things, Et Cetera.
and as aforementioned the Reticle has an Energy 'bar' on it, though it seems fairly well agreed that it is a pretty poorly designed one.

if only all of the Mastery Tests really tested the Players on their knowledge of the game. almost all of them are just a formality.

Edited by taiiat

31 minutes ago, CaptRiker said:

Got past the test in both tries, the Practice and the Ranking one. I enjoyed the test pretty much tho i think it should have been a MR14~15 test instead. If your not passing its because your not knowing how to split your attention properly between shooting and keeping your mobility.

From the initial descriptions, I was thinking that the ball moved around--which would be harder--but it doesn't. For practice, run a bunch of Earth exterminates, the one with the Uranus undersea tile set, on public mode. Aim for doing 50%+ kills, all with only the Operator, and you'll be set.

Have to admit, I had to do several practice runs for it. My first attempts were pathetic and I was getting pretty annoyed that there is no way to skip that intro. "Frail Tenno body..." Yes, Mom, I NOTICED! But in the end I got this - with 1.34 seconds left ^^ I bet you can do it too, you just need to change your tactics, since what you are doing now is not working.

My mistake was playing too aggressively - was spending too much time kicking broodmothers from the map. Better to kite them (and hide). Maggots will spawn out of thin air if you kill broodmothers anyway. A well timed death can be helpful - you get a short window of invincibility and full energy bar. Other Tenno did cover energy tips :)

Most important - orb start to regenerate after ~3 seconds of not being hit - so hit it in shot bursts.

Edited by rand0mname

First try and dying doesn't even make you restart from the beginning, as it has been said before run around the outer circle void dash from time to time to avoid enemy, pick up the blue orbs and you'll be fine.

3 hours ago, CaptRiker said:

and yet a lot of people pass it without problems .... seems that you are the problem , not the test .

Just because people have finished the test does not mean that it isn't also a garbage test based on a garbage mechanic. Because it's a garbage test, based on a garbage mechanic. The operator is jarringly out of place in this game, and controls like rancid &#!.

9 hours ago, CaptRiker said:

What? Seriously? What? 

I found this test the easiest Mr test in the entire game. Like, honestly. It was so fcking easy. You just run around the point, dash if there are bugs, and shoot a little at a time. Use energy drops if you need to. 

Easy as hell. Why are you failing and complaining so much? Took me one try without even doing the practice. Just looked at a quick video to see what it was 

Edited by Arniox