Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developer Workshop: Saryn Revisited 2.0

[DE]Danielle

I'm not sure where will they test her rework during tonight's Prime Time. Likely in (Elite) Sanctuary Onslaught and during Relic Runs (Neo an/or Axi).

For now, let's all wait until Prime Time to see how Saryn functions in later level content (Sortie 2 desirably).

1 minute ago, InsaneAlex95 said:

Sweet, no more ''camping and spreading toxicity'' tactic. 

Wait...wut...? a voice.....? As long as there aren't a bunch of spitting and gargling noises I am fine.

valkyr

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

“We are giving Saryn a “voice” when she casts (voiced by [DE]Danielle), which will add character and make her feel more connected to the abilities as you cast them. We really amped up the “poison” aspect of her sounds so that she feels more deadly in combat. In addition, we’ve remastered all of her sounds to have increased clarity and focus.” 

Eyyyyyyyyy

1 minute ago, Latiac said:

Corrosive is super bad in a full squad if everyone is running Corrosive Projection,

Yeah, in all likelyhood they're doing this because of Onslaught. Since I usually pub, I wasn't even thinking about full CP. This is a nerf to her AoEDoT, especially in a structured group.

Put away the pitchforks people, these changes look amazing: strip armor with spores, halve their health with Miasma, and attack their HP directly with toxic lash (on every weapon you have!).

Can't wait to try it, is it ready yet??

Edit: Watched Primetime 207: holy moly Saryn could become the most powerful caster in game (besides broken Link Trinity). The combo of corrosive, toxin and viral procs will hit all factions and infinite spore duration will scale nicely as mobs and levels increase. Guaranteed Molt invincibility of 4 seconds should give minimum 200 health restore with augment, pairs nicely with Hunter Adrenaline too.

Edited by BladeRambler
Primetime 207 Reaction
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DreadWarlock said:

Saryn won't lose the ability of Procing Viral, she'll still do so, and Viral only needs to be proced once each 10 seconds or so, so changing it to her 4th is better than normal, while it is better for spores to proc Corrosive because you can do so multiple times, where her 4th corrosive proc was pretty much meaningless.

Miasma never proc'd corrosive in the past. It did a flat damage + a stun

I'm heartbroken. I own every single frame and Saryn is by far my most played and favorite frame. Some of these changes are going to hurt so much, and I'm not sure that the reasoning behind them has been thought out very well at all. I'll be watching the stream tonight, but I'm not hopeful. I'm heartbroken.

I don't know about the change to Spores damage from Viral to Corrosive. Sure the Corrosive Proc will make Spore more useful against armored enemies but won't help against unarmored enemies unlike the current Viral Proc that Spore has which is universally useful regardless of faction. Then again Saryn might not really need any help against unarmored enemies.

That's the main grip that came to mind when I looked at the changes. I don't play Saryn a whole lot, though I am currently working on a build for her, so I'm not really the best person to judge how the changes will affect her.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oranji said:

I kinda get why this rework popped out of nowhere but what I don't understand is why it was prioritized before Memestrike and jumping_map_kill_link_trin?

There's nothing wrong with maiming strike 

4 minutes ago, Latiac said:

Ramping spore damage in reality won't do anywhere near enough damage to 100+ content to even consider it to be a buff

Saryn gets her damage from toxin procs, which transfer with Spores and scale off of weapon damage. This is apparently not going to be changed. You'll just have to cast Miasma more often for the sweet Viral proc.

10 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

If you using Viral + Rad then you're relying on Slash procs to deal majority of your damage and the added Corrosive procs only help to steal those Slash Procs as they're counted  into your proc weight. A non-Corrosive weapon is worse off if you use Venom Dose on it against armor because you will do less Bleed damage.

So no, it's just flat out worse as a Corrosive bonus.

That's why you're not thinking about this right. You can run a radiation weapon, and use viral and another single element and add corrosive though spores. this corrosive bonus will proc enough and will not detract ffrom the possible procs, It will make the weapon synergize will with Condition Overload, while removing armor and increasing the damage even more. Slash procs are powerful but it is not all that exists in the game

Edited by DreadWarlock

1 minute ago, Neo3602 said:

I don't know about the change to Spores damage from Viral to Corrosive. Sure the Corrosive Proc will make Spore more useful against armored enemies but won't help against unarmored enemies unlike the current Viral Proc that Spore has which is universally useful regardless of faction. Then again Saryn might not really need any help against unarmored enemies.

That's the main grip that came to mind when I looked at the changes. I don't play Saryn a whole lot, though I am currently working on a build for her, so I'm not really the best person to judge how the changes will affect her.

corrosive is good against all health types, it has no drawbacks, just proc miasma to give viral proc ez

Just now, dudefaceguy said:

Saryn gets her damage from toxin procs, which transfer with Spores and scale off of weapon damage. This is apparently not going to be changed. You'll just have to cast Miasma more often for the sweet Viral proc.

Which seems good on paper but bad in reality.

Miasma is super energy hungry as an ability and the whole theme Saryn had was mass debuffing enemies for your team to deal with them.

This just seems like extra steps to achieve the exact same thing in a worse way...

• Like 1

Deleting comment nice one guys! :clap:

Left a criticism comment......deleted

How do you want us to leave feedback???

Only positive? Only good? No criticism?

(07/09/18) UPD. Logged to WF Forum after some long time and noticed in my profile that i left this hateful comment here - I was an idiot, don't pay attention to this stupid comment that i left, I actually enjoy Saryn nowadays. I was mad because everybody used Saryn in Sanctuary, and then [DE] decided to revisit her, my first thought was that she was nerfed.
Sorry, I was stupid...

Edited by Zabzikk

4 minutes ago, Ancalagon said:

Miasma never proc'd corrosive in the past. It did a flat damage + a stun

It did proc corrosive I've seen it multiple times, those green noise-like auras around enemies affected by miasma.

Edited by DreadWarlock

I have an idea about the new Saryn spores.

Either, two types of spores, viral and corrosive, with being able to swap mode with the holding of the ability key.

Or two, the procs of the spores swapping to viral once all armor has been stripped from enemies. This will maintain Saryn's viability while also making her a more effective armor stripper.

Got to agree with the sentiment of a few others in this thread... out of all the frames in the game Saryn was not one that needed a rework right 'now', reworks should be on the 'weaker' or 'less used' frames.

As to the changes, maybe it's me but I kind of prefer spores being viral as it can half the health of the enemy (if status triggers), we can already strip armour using corrosive projection easily enough.  If this is targetting late game most 'organised' teams will all be running corrosive projection on all frames or similar to remove armour.  It just kind of well feels a little redundant, not to mention it has zero bonus effects on corpus....

Spore recasting detonating all existing spores.... not sure I like this idea either as it's complete opposite to how we build spore saryn

No real issues with molt or toxic lash but would maybe like some sort of scaling if we use the augments, molt could increase health regen based off initial damage and toxic lash could increase based on power strength for example.

Miasma, I'm not sure I see the benefit of it being viral, it honestly feels like you've just swapped the elemental damage with spores and thought 'that will do'

Armour buff is fine, better survivability is always good

Obviously this is going to happen no matter if we like it or not so we can only judge based on the written information (until prime time) but I'm not sure I like the changes, it's not going to make me use her more and I'm pretty sure it's going to break at least one of my existing builds plus tbh I really don't want to have to keep replacing polarities etc on frames every time we get a rework... the odds are we'll likely have to use our own forma again as there's no mention of any compensation of formas to fix our builds. 

• Like 3

il y a 4 minutes, dudefaceguy a dit :

And casting Miasma need a ton of energy .. and is instant.. And the Viral procs  will probably not last long enough ..I dont want to waste 100 + Energy each let say 8 sec just to maintain Viral.. this is just madness

12 minutes ago, ngrazer said:

Hi!

I think it's pretty well-known that as of right now Saryn's spores allows her to compete with other frames in terms of overall usefulness. Cast Spores on a Molt, pop 'em, few moments later new enemies spawn - cast the Spores and pop 'em again to affect those new enemies. This is extremely useful and convenient to keep enemies under the effect of Spores.

New 'recast to pop' is completely destroying this thing.

Casting Spores on Molt is really counter-productive, as it is. Saryn's damage comes from toxin procs applied by her weapons, and transferred alongside Spores. Molt is status immune, so it cannot transfer toxin procs. When enemies already have 3 spores, they cannot get any more spores, which means that they will not get the extra viral burst damage that transfers when you pop spores on an enemy that's affected by toxin procs. So, when you cast Spores on Molt and then pop them, you are "immunizing" enemies from a lot of the potential damage they could get from Spores. It is far better to simply cast Spores on an enemy, and then pop them with a gas proc. Casting Spores once also costs less energy than casting Molt and then casting Spores on Molt. So, there is really no reason to cast Spores on Molt unless you are on a very low-level mission and want to kill everything without having to actually see an enemy.

So, we are not really losing anything with this change, except that they are removing a very sub-par way of using Spores. Being able to pop all spores and then re-apply them, including burst damage that scales off of weapon damage via toxin procs, is a crazy buff.