Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Two small workshops in one! We'll start with Titania because she truly is the smallest of all.

Titania!

You may have heard separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons are coming. This is true - and all 'Exalted' weapons use the Mod classes you'd expect. But Titania's Dex Pixia is different. We had to make a choice - right now on live it uses Shotgun or Rifle Mods. This isn't compatible with the way Modding works once it is an exposed option, so we've pivoted in a direction that also Buffs Dex Pixia! Once separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons goes live, Dex Pixia will use SECONDARY mods! Since there are no dual-primaries in game, we felt it was best to use Secondary Mods to not only buff, but also be consistent! 

We have also buffed the base stats of Titania's Diwata - stay tuned for final numbers in the upcoming Notes.

And Limbo...

Limbo is one of the most complex Warframes - he's more polarizing than a lifetime supply of Forma! He is also one of the most consistently used. The power to stop-time completely is quite strong - but is it cooperative when weapons are affected? Certainly with a coordinated team and well-trained Limbo, the answer is yes. But that's not always the case.

To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

This feels pretty great in testing, requiring more attention if you have Mods that negatively impact Duration, while also allowing free weapon use. We will be monitoring this change closely to see if further tweaks are needed. Expert Limbo players who can easily traverse Rifting will have no trouble with this Duration change.

Cheers, all! This is just a snapshot of some changes coming in the near future (nearer on PC than on Console). It does not preclude other tweaks and adjustments to our beloved Arsenal. We'll be watching for comments, and awaiting practical feedback when the time comes!

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. All Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

Bravo.👏

7 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Limbo is one of the most complex Warframes - he's more polarizing than a lifetime supply of Forma! He is also one of the most consistently used. The power to stop-time completely is quite strong - but is it cooperative when weapons are affected? Certainly with a coordinated team and well-trained Limbo, the answer is yes. But that's not always the case.

To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. All Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

Now this should be interesting

How duration changes, will need some personal testing >.< Currently limbo is one of my go-to mobile defense / rescue frames, especially for sorties, where he can lock down the area for an extended duration, allowing my Tenno to waltz around and hack things without getting shot at.

As someone who plays Limbo almost exclusively, with a developed playstyle. I can totally see the value of removing time stop affecting ally weapons, but why self weapons? It completely removes one of the core concepts of stasis, which was to have a line-up-your-shots-then-release-for-satisfaction playstyle. I kinda like it for the sake of not getting screamed at whenever I play my main warframe, but then, when do I ever actually use stasis unless the pod's dying?

Addendum: I'm not okay with the duration change of half base duration to stasis, at least make it 20 seconds. Seems that the playstyle that was originally encouraged has just gone straight out the window. Although I hope this'll encourage less 4 + 2 spam cataclysm-stasis, which even as someone who mains Limbo I really don't like outside of certain circumstances.

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Why not make it so Limbo can still stop weapons for himself though? It's just I'll mis Solo full Za Warudo powers😞

Anyways, thanks for the heads up Rebb!

I agree, I think we need some clarification on this one. It says ally weapons, but is Limbo included in that? I'll also miss the silly utility of setting up stasis-shots.

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

we've pivoted in a direction that also Buffs Dex Pixia! Once separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons goes live, Dex Pixia will use SECONDARY mods! Since there are no dual-primaries in game, we felt it was best to use Secondary Mods to not only buff, but also be consistent! 

This is not a buff. No Set mod use (since Augur can't trigger during Razorwing), no Hunter Munitions, less Status chance, all for a little bit more Crit chance and base damage from mods.

Limbo changes sound great, though.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. All Ally gear will continue to function

Just to confirm, this means that we will be able to SHOOT WHILE STASIS IS ACTIVE???????

EDIT: I agree with others that stasis should still affect Limbo's weapons

Archived