Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fishing and Toxic Behavior

V0LK

3 hours ago, V0LK said:

I think it would be an obvious and easy solution - not reward players who are too far away from action or to share caught fish and mined stones.

Problem is it isn't a strait forward solution. 

Distance really doesn't work because things like high range portal nova builds can get to the next objective before the game has had a chance to cull/spawn the enemies. And depending on the bounty (caches for example) I can have them done before people have managed to get half way there. 

So they need to consider slow players when they are trying to figure out how to remove leechers. 

The problem with sharing fish/ore is it would essentially validate the leechers who would then use that as an excuse for them not contributing to the bounties.

Edit:

I'd say the first step would be for DE to channel some of their inner Simarus and lock out the fishing spears and mining tools during a bounty. Which would take care of the people who just sit and fish or wonder off to mine while everyone else does the thing they agreed to do by clicking the bounty. 

Once the bounty is complete, go ahead and unlock the applicable tools in case anyone wants to transition from a bounty to a fishing/mining expedition. 

However that wouldn't do anything against the people who just sit at the gate and dodge the inactivity timer.

Edited by Oreades

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If you want to Fish, you dont join a public group, you go Solo/Invite Only and go straight to the fishing site you want to stay in and enjoy. Joining pubs you are subjected to the majority's desire, if you have an active Bounty you must do the Bounty with your group and not go Fishing/Mining until its done or you risk being trolled/bullied by players unhappy with your lack of presence.

Yeah agreed, why did you even bothered to join a squad?

This thread vv

giphy.gif

But seriously.  This is why I mostly run plains alone or with friends regardless of intent, be it for bounties or fishing/mining.
I only open play with pugs late at night for hunts when clan mates/friends are not online.
"Best block? Don't be there"

I think these fishers who join public bounty should be allowed to be kicked from group and not get any bounty reward or standing. They make the game worse for others. Or best make fishing and mining impossible after choosing a bounty/ public bounty

6 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

People who fish during bounties are pure cancer.  The worst thing is some objectives (atleast on PS4) such as unlocking the bomb collar and hacking drones - as soon as the hack ends, causes the target to, for some dumbss reason, teleport to the player who is furthest away.... so that A-hole who is fishing 2000m away ends up wasting everybody's time and sometimes even causes failure as they ignore the objective which just teleported to them.

Should be a bannable offense to fish in public bounties.

Recruit Chat is good for you. 

7 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If you want to Fish, you dont join a public group, you go Solo/Invite Only and go straight to the fishing site you want to stay in and enjoy. Joining pubs you are subjected to the majority's desire, if you have an active Bounty you must do the Bounty with your group and not go Fishing/Mining until its done or you risk being trolled/bullied by players unhappy with your lack of presence.

Did you read the OP

Like at all

You should be greatfull actually, some players would straight out report you for leeching behavior.

Topic of the year candidate? Because i am seriously confused, very few players (they exist) would actually complain when they know they did something wrong themselves, is this one of those moments or is it just trolling?

Edited by KIREEK

7 hours ago, V0LK said:

So I decided to fish today and, naturally, joined public bounty with highest rewards, like you do. At first everything went fine but then some bully came over and start shooting the pond to scare my fish! How such toxisity is even allowed? Can it be changed so squad bullets wouldn't affect fish?

Seriously now: I take it, at this point it is vainly to believe DE will do something about leeches on Plain? Or am I the only one bothered by this? I think it would be an obvious and easy solution - not reward players who are too far away from action or to share caught fish and mined stones.

Pardon my English!

You joined a public "BOUNTY" mission to specifically not do the bounty, but yet the others doing the bounty are being toxic to you?  

Are you really this entitled minded or is this whole topic a joke?  Please tell me this is a joke and that you aren't serious.  

27 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You joined a public "BOUNTY" mission to specifically not do the bounty, but yet the others doing the bounty are being toxic to you?  

Are you really this entitled minded or is this whole topic a joke?  Please tell me this is a joke and that you aren't serious.  

Read second paragraph more carefully...

2 minutes ago, Tsaiorchis said:

Read second paragraph more carefully...

I did three times.  It still looks like OP is calling the others toxic for shooting at his fish.  

If he meant otherwise, then the presentation implies the opposite of his true meaning.  

Bahaha at all the people who came down on the OP without even being able to see he was being sarcastic with the first paragraph.

To OP.  HELL NO it should not be ranged based.  Freaking zen warpers,  novas,  zephyrs,  buttholes with to many wing launchers all bum rush mission objectives as it is.   Why should I get no loot because they rush ahead like idiots???  

The answer is way simpler.  Disable fish/minerals for EVERYTHING except free roam.

Also when one person hits objective area, all other players should be warped there.  Then if there is a leech hopefully you can get him killed.

-----------------

I have seen a few leeches in poe but not enough for me to be pissed about.   I have an issue with the people who rush.  Its not fun to just be chasing after people and not getting the chance to kill stuff.   I have not mastered or even begun to try Tridolon fights,  everything else in PoE I am basicly done with.   Right now im just there for paint.   I think there is one rare mod I would like to get my hands on.  Vigilante (punch through) mod.  V. Supplys?   And with how paint works...... I just go solo anyways.

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

I did three times.  It still looks like OP is calling the others toxic for shooting at his fish.  

If he meant otherwise, then the presentation implies the opposite of his true meaning.  

He was giving an extremely sarcastic example of how public leechers act. His second paragraph was then him a suggestion on how DE might punish such leechers.

18 minutes ago, Tsaiorchis said:

He was giving an extremely sarcastic example of how public leechers act. His second paragraph was then him a suggestion on how DE might punish such leechers.

then the presentation implies the opposite of his true meaning.  

He should have added a better transitional sentence between the two.  This would have avoided misinterpretations.  Sarcasm doesn't come across very well in written form.  

He should have added a better transitional sentence between the two.  This would have avoided misinterpretations.  Sarcasm doesn't come across very well in written form.  

I won’t disagree about a lack of clarity, but I am more than a little floored at how many people are taking it at face value

Leeching just looks way worse on plains because the map is so big and there are other things to do while leeching. In reality it's just like the 3rd wheel non loki who doesn't open a vault in a spy, they still got loot but were 100% leeching or the rank0 frame trying to eat up affinity while others complete the mission. There are just no fish, wisps or mining to farm at the same time but they might as well be.

9 hours ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Recruit Chat is good for you. 

So is using gameplay etiquette and not fishing during bounties but here we are.  Besides it doesn't happen THAT often.  I was just making a point that when it does, it's totally garbage.  It doesn't happen so often it would justify recruiting for every single bounty lol..... and I'm fairly sure nobody recruits for bounties lol...such a stupid thing to actually need to recruit for.   My comment was also a tad hyperbolic if you didn't pick up on that... obviously I don't think it should be a bannable offense or anything - but it IS a cancerous behavior.   

This is the same as telling people to recruit to avoid the possibility of AFK.  It's a dumb and short sighted answer.   One party is clearly in the wrong, people shouldn't have to bend over backwards to avoid bad gameplay behaviors.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue