Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What melee types are you hoping that melee 3.0 will improve?

any single target melee or any melee lacking in range, such as brawling gauntlets and such. the game has slowly become a hoard slayer. if you target one enemy at a time, you're not going to be that effective. its the reason why long range whips and spin to win is extremely meta.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

3 hours ago, HEA-Devazone said:

i hope they will improve scythe and tweak some combo that lock you on certain attack.
as you mention above, certain Combo lock you in this animation state where you had to wait until the animation end before you able do anything.

my suggestion is they should implement some sort of "Combo Cancel"  mechanic.
the ideas is, allowing you to cancel certain combo and chain it with other attack
or overrides the attack that you currently performing.

I believe it's been confirmed that combos won't be animation-locked anymore. I'm definitely looking forward to that.

The only weapon that I have a problem with is Dual swords.   You dont hold or use them like dual sword.  You hold them exactly like dual dagger.  

I hardly use combo's as it is right now.   So getting to perform them while just button mashing seems like a big improvement.  I love the animation for claws.

I like to use polearms, claws, hammer and katana.   With OLD MELEE it didnt really matter what you used because your hit-streak would grow and your crits would obliterate most things.

-----------------------

I just wish we could dash/warp to enemies.(yes I have seen the new close distance attacks, some of which dont even look like they close distance lmao.   Not good enough by any means)   I also hope that your melee range is represented mechanicly as a perfect sphere around your character so you dont have problems hitting containers at your feet or flying enemies the hover slightly above chest high.

Whips
I hope for Lecta buff mostly but scoliac crit multi would not hurt either.

AND EVERYTHING SHOULD GET MORE SPING TO WIN RANGE

Glaive would for example leave your hand and spin around you,then come back to your hand=can give it same range as whip

We are so OP that we can fly with 0 energy spend,we surely can throw stuff in circles,something i can do in real life without issue lol

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Primal Fury myself. It can't not be touched.

Something will happen to it, whether it actually benefits the stance remains to be seen. If the fluidity of it is killed I won't be a happy Monkey.

Yeah, in general, if I'm going to ragdoll enemies around, I'd actually like them to take damage from the environment, kind of like Frost's Snowglobe.

That way it wouldn't feel like so much of a slap fight with Wukong. Primal Fury could still use some damage buffs and a few usage tweaks (using every Combo easily, for example) so that I didn't feel like I could use my regular Melee and kill faster, but if nothing else, at least don't make enemies go flying fifty feet away so we just have to chase them down. If you're going to, make it worth our while.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

All of them.

But Dual Daggers, Fists, Sparring, Claw, One-Handed Sword, Machete, Scythe (although I believe they are being moved into Heavy Blade archtype) & Dagger especially need love.

Daggers basically require Covert Lethality atm & that's just not good design. No weapon type should REQUIRE a mod to be effective.

Edit:

After playing more 2 types came to mind...

Gunblades - I LOVE them. But I hope they get better stances & combos in 3.0 because currently their combos just don't feel worthwhile.

Sword & Shield - These just need love.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

I would love to see some good dual daggers. I really want to see the full changes to sparing weapons, and the bladed whips. I really like the idea of a dedicated heavy attack as there are alot of weapons , bladed whips, sankti magistar, caustosis that have cool charge attacks.

On 2018-08-19 at 6:15 AM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Daggers basically require Covert Lethality atm & that's just not good design. No weapon type should REQUIRE a mod to be effective.

Daggers are good, with Stinging Thorn they are actually great ... aginst single targets. In a mass murdering game cleaving hordes of enemies at once is simply more efficient.

Edited by saradonin

I can't see how melee 3.0 will change anything about the meta, so overall large range slide attack spam will still reign supreme. Why would I want to switch to melee and press the buttons for a gap closer on my weapon when I can just casually spam a simple combo, which incidentally also acts as gap closer and has a larger range?

Before M3.0 was shown of I was hoping that each weapon class would get a certain mechanic only they excel at over all weapon classes, since the only notable metrics by which to measure melee right now are damage, range and (I'm being generous here) CC. But yeah, that ship has sailed.