Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR Farming and Affinity is Dumb

ItsAThing

Apparently, if other players kill a mob, 75% of that exp goes to your weapons, and 25% goes to warframe.

If you kill a mob, 50% of that exp goes to your warframe, and 50% goes to the weapon that killed the mob.

If you kill a mob with your warframe, 100% of the experience goes to your warframe.

Soo, what this means is, if you want to rank up your weapons/MR, you should literally go afk and let other players kill everything because 75% of the exp goes into your weapons and only 25% of the exp is "Wasted" by going into your maxed out warframe... WDF? Why is the game literally encouraging you to go AFK to get MR?

Edited by ItsAThing

2 minutes ago, ItsAThing said:

Why is the game literally encouraging you to go AFK to get MR?

Do spy missions. It awards it 25:75 frame:weapons. I solved the issue for you, now you can farm and play. No need to AFK. (because spy missions are so much fun)

But yeah, it does encourage AFK. It has always been like that. That is why people take just one weapon to level - it is just better (it still gets 75% from team kills). And you cannot be penalised for accidentally using the wrong weapon. The affinity system has needed a rework for as long as I can remember.

12 minutes ago, ItsAThing said:

Apparently, if other players kill a mob, 75% of that exp goes to your weapons, and 25% goes to warframe.

If you kill a mob, 50% of that exp goes to your warframe, and 50% goes to the weapon that killed the mob.

If you kill a mob with your warframe, 100% of the experience goes to your warframe.

Soo, what this means is, if you want to rank up your weapons/MR, you should literally go afk and let other players kill everything because 75% of the exp goes into your weapons and only 25% of the exp is "Wasted" by going into your maxed out warframe... WDF? Why is the game literally encouraging you to go AFK to get MR?

You know what Focus is, right? Because unless we have maxed all the focus nodes and unlocked everything, then what you're calling wasted, really isn't. 

Also if you actually go afk... You don't really get any rewards from that point on. 

18 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Do spy missions. It awards it 25:75 frame:weapons. I solved the issue for you, now you can farm and play. No need to AFK. (because spy missions are so much fun)

But yeah, it does encourage AFK. It has always been like that. That is why people take just one weapon to level - it is just better (it still gets 75% from team kills). And you cannot be penalised for accidentally using the wrong weapon. The affinity system has needed a rework for as long as I can remember.

i can rank up a weapon on 10 wave hydron. Just circling around, no jump jump hack hack just mindless killing on hydron, dont blame me, blame DE.

2 hours ago, ItsAThing said:

Why is the game literally encouraging you to go AFK to get MR?

It also encourages you to not give a #&$^ that you are playing with some kill hungry DPS frame.  Could you imagine trying to rank up your gear if affinity  wasn't shared?  So basically the good here is outweighing the bad.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

It also encourages you to not give a #&$^ that you are playing with some kill hungry DPS frame.  Could you imagine trying to rank up your gear if affinity  wasn't shared?  So basically the good here is outweighing the bad.

Yes, the but the problem is that the literal, most efficient strategy to level up your MR fodders in this game is to go into a game as limbo, enter the void, and AFK.

If you do anything which ends up killing the enemy, you are effectively lowering the total exp you receive from that run.

Either that, or get banshee and spam "Sonar"

Edited by ItsAThing

3 hours ago, ItsAThing said:

Depends on which you use the most. My example... I have a secondary weapon I can hold my own with in lv 25-35 survivals to 20 minutes. 0 lv frame, primary and melee, I use the secondary weapon and the frame abilities as I get them and I see 50% to the frame and 25% to the primary and melee.

Oh and.... MR farming IS the game. Your attitude determines if it's dumb or not. I like the game. I play all aspect of it. And MR and stuff is the result of playing the game. Becoming myopic and focusing on this frame, that weapon, MR or that favor, closes you out from actually having fun. Dont rush it. Everyone seems to be in a hurry to get MR maxed. Im MR 16 with enough XP to hit 20... if that ever becomes important to me.

Edited by ThumpumGood

If you love playing a no damage frame like Loki and more exp is given to you if you kill things imagine how that would be. Or for anyone just leveling up Loki in general. Or other frames that don't have massive aoe/instant kill/wipe the map skills. So you want to level up faster and you join a team. The Equinox is erasing everything and you get less exp.

How is that fair?

It's more fair if you do get more exp from your allies killing and get bonus exp using the weapon you want to level up with.
In this way, you won't afk, because if you afk you will get less than if you were active and killing with that weapon you want to level up.
But also, if you do afk, frames are so strong your allies may not care too much depending on the mission type if it's for exp.
So, we stay with this system.

OP thread makes a kind of sense, but...

Honestly? Get a grip, nerds. It is SO easy to level EVERYTHING in this game. The formula don't encourage AFK any more than they encourage not playing: put another way, if you're having trouble leveling anything, it's because you're AFKing or not playing. Just go do missions FFS, you'll level everything up. I mean it is so damn easy. I got to MR10 before I even know WTF I was doing at all. Assuming you have things to level, you can faceroll yourself to higher MR ranks. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

So what is your solution?  The easy part is pointing out what the problem is.

So here is one solution...don't allow affinity weighting when using less than 3 weapon.  Great.  Now you stopped AFK'ers from getting a benefit.  But wait...now they will just AFK at least twice if not 3x as long.  Remember...AFK'ers don't give a crap.  They will just watching YT while occasionally moving around.  They don't really lose out.  You lose out by having to deal with them 2x-3x longer.   Now, the people who were actually using their '1' weapon now get less total affinity (they got 50% before and some 75% and now they get 50% and some 25%) for the run so they get punished as well.  See...problem solved but not solved....in other than people are getting less for more work.  😉

Sometimes cures are much worse than the disease.  

Edited by Chappie1975

7 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

One of the few times OP of complaint thread is actually making sense. Yes the XP system in this game is rather...weird coz going AFK is literally the superior way to level up your fodder gears.

Going afk is a good way for your team to bail on you during wave 15 so you can fight the last 5 waves of defense alone.

• 2 years later...

Yeah its dumb. I go into Elite Sanctuary with a frame that can kill everything but intentionally underpowered so everyone can hit stuff before it dies and I at least get the shared affinity from that for my weapon. Instead people just afk and enjoy the free affinity instead of actually assisting me so I can get affinity too. I just leave after 1 round when I have people like that literally I get 1/10th of the affinity vs when I get a group of people who are actually playing the game.

This is actually why gian point was so good. ESO its great if you have someone playing a decent saryn, in railjack gian point you do the same but by your own, you are playing killing stuff, and getting good ammount of affinity in your whole gear, included your pet. So nobody need to carry.

1 hour ago, Danielw8 said:

This is actually why gian point was so good. ESO its great if you have someone playing a decent saryn, in railjack gian point you do the same but by your own, you are playing killing stuff, and getting good ammount of affinity in your whole gear, included your pet. So nobody need to carry.

You can have similar outcomes in terms of affinity doing Steel Path grineer missions. I just jump into Kelpie if I want to level up someting fast and alone.