Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

Titania is my favorite Warframe, concept wise. So I appreciate the changes. However, I still feel that these proposed changes aren't enough.

• She has a very low energy pool for such an energy-hungry frame. If you want her abilities to be worth casting at all we need more energy to play around with.
  • Squishy Razorflies. We need a way of refreshing Razorflies without deactivating Razorwing. Titania is a squishy frame. Going out of Razorwing can be dangerous.
  • Her melee weapon is still underpowered.
  • No sentinel/pet benefits while in Razorwing.
  • Clunky controls. Razorwing, and by extension, Archwing, needs an overhaul.

Besides that, the biggest issue I have with Titania is that I don't really find her kit outside of her 4 that interesting. The changes are decent, yes, but the spells weren't that fun or visually pleasing to begin with, and they all sort of do the same thing: ragdoll enemies.

As a pretty avid Titania player, I'm glad to see that she's getting some buffs. However, there are just a few things I think that would be really good for her and hope to see them in a later update for this Dev Workshop.

Energy: Please increase her energy pool. 150 at maximum is way too small for a frame that has an exalted form, AND wants to also cast her abilities a  lot. This is further encouraged with her Razorwing Blitz augment, and anyone without Primed Flow will be running out of energy very quickly.

Skills: Her casting animation is incredibly slow, unless you're casting either Razorwing or Spellbind in the air in which the casting time gets slightly faster. Please just speed them up some, and they'll be fine.

Passive: At the moment, it's not amazing. It's completely useless once you enter Razorwing, and her current passive also requires her to be leading her team in order for them to effectively use it. Something I would definitely like that would address two problems is perhaps something involving Razorflies? At the moment, you gain 6 while in Razorwing, however you must leave Razorwing if they all die in order to re-summon them. This can be tedious, either add a way to reliably spawn more or make them have more then 10 HP.

Tribute:  While the changes are okay, I don't think tribute is a very good ability for Titania. Buffing some of the buffs you gain and making it less spammy is a right direction, but the buffs still seem underwhelming. Unless you're able to use companions in Razorwing, Fullmoon will only benefit Razorflies (which die very quickly at higher level missions). The damage reflection overall doesn't seem promising, Dust is about the only "okay" buff, and Entangle is still mediocre at best. Either give Titania more relevant buffs from Tribute, because she has to go out of her way to first cast it and THEN gather the actual buff, or replace the ability. She lacks team utility, so perhaps allies can also pick up the buff if Tribute is sticking around as an ability. 

Lantern: This also seems like a promising change. All I would like to see is perhaps better pathing for Lantern as sometimes enemies just seem to currently ignore the target. 

Razorwing: The vacuum is most definitely a step in the right direction. I think all that needs to be fixed about this skill is perhaps a buff to Diwata, and MAYBE a tad more Magazine for Dex Pixia. The ladder is probably just me being a bit hopeful. But otherwise, it looks promising.

So if I understood correctly. Nyx's Mind control will works like this:

Enemy deals 100 damage. Nyx uses Mind control and does 2500 damage. The controlled enemy now deals 150 damage. It may sound weak, but it isn´t actually. Let´s use 100% power strenght to see how good it is against hard, but normal enemies that you WILL find.

A lvl50 bombard has over 92,000 effective health.Let's say that it does 300 damage.

A fully modded Tiberon Prime deals around  7700 damage per second. If you fire for 3 seconds you get around  23100 damage (not considering crit chance)

If you charge your minion, it will deal around 4.62X his normal damage. This means that an enemy that usually deals 300 damage will deal around 1386 damage per shot. For comparison Mag's Crush deals 1500 damage. Now, consider this, this is just for one of the best assault rifles, and these types of weapon aren´t the best at doing quick damage.

A fully Modded regular Tigris does 40,000 damage per shot, if you fire twice it is 80,000. This means that if you shoot twice at the mind-controlled target it will deal 16x their base damage. A minion that usually does 300 damage will deal 4800 damage per shot. If we use a Tigris Prime (100,000.00 damage if you fire twice) the minion will deal 20x their base damage, or 6000 damage per shot.

Remember, these numbers are only for 100% strenght. If we use 200% power strenght, or the augment...By the way, are you going to change the augment? Because, my God it is going to be good.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Titania

Titania joined us in 2016 as a part of 'The Silver Grove' quest, and her playful fey and nature inspirations have always been the root of her enchantment-like control and destruction. We're just making those thing a little stronger!

Tribute:

BEFORE:
Tribute had to be cast multiple times on multiple enemy types to build up 4 unique Auras on Titania. The problem here was... too much casting.

AFTER:
Simply getting 1 type of Tribute will be enough to have its maximum power. You can continue to acquire tributes to refresh the Duration, but you no longer need to build them up.

As for the 4 Tribute types:
Dust - keep as-is:it reduces enemy accuracy by 50%!

Thorns - increase to 50% of damage reflected back to the attacker!

Entangle - keep as-is: one Entangle tribute slows an enemy by 25%!

Fullmoon - the 75% damage buff now applies to ALL (Sentinels, Moas, Companions)  + Razorwing Butterflies!

Lantern:

BEFORE:
Lantern was a single-target ability that could result in wildly bouncing enemies making it hard to achieve the core function of attracting witless enemies.  

AFTER:
Lantern can now be cast on up to 4 targets with better 'tethered' victims. You will be able to 'explode' all targets by holding the Lantern cast.

Razorwing:

BEFORE:
A lot of bonking to pick up loot.

AFTER:
Razorwing will simply receive a Vacuum to make acquiring loot, energy, etc easier. Remember - less of a hassle!

These changes have felt pretty great in early testing, but of course are subject to change. If you've been watching our streams you may know most of this already, but we wanted to write it out for everyone to check out! Stay tuned to Fortuna: Part II notes for full information on Nyx and Titania!

Lantern Change is great, although it also needs a significantly larger base radius for both the damage pulse and explosion. There simply is no room on Titania for range mods.

As far as the Tribute changes, while that smooths out gameplay, the problem of the auras just not being good is still there. Dust is decent, the others aren't. Fullmoon applying to the butterflies is nice, but butterfly damage is fairly low, and there's no way to refresh them without exiting razorwing. You'd be much better off baking Dust into her passive, and changing Tribute into a pickpocket skill like prowl, and repurpose the "soul collection" mechanic to generate additional razorflies.

Razorwing could also stand to have a lower energy drain. Right now, Titania is nigh unplayable without 75% efficiency, since Razorwing is her primary defense mechanic. Lowering the drain makes the bar to actually play her lower, and would result in less players instantly shelving her before sinking in the 6+ forma to make her work.

Razorwing being considered airbone for Aviator would also be very helpful. It would help with the literally random one shots she suffers, as her current defenses are entirely RNG. And would be something against the Vruush turrets that really have no business targeting her.  Being able to fish in Razorwing would also be a great QoL change.

just... YES !!
Just... please change the logic of the bolt, they just do hvdyqyvtdddczydfqzc and homing, useless in close and mid range fight
and please, boost the range of some tribute aura, -25% speed on 10m, unless you attempt to do some melee weird build on your melee with titania (with channeling, or healing return) you cannot survive

I think Nyx's absorb needs a little more to be effective.

I suggest adding a multiplier to the Absorb's damage. 1x as base. 200% power strenght gives a 2x multiplier and so on. 

A chance to proc the status effect of the damage type would be really nice too, and it would go well with power strenght. A 20% chance would be okay. So if Nyx absorbs mostly slash damage, she has 20% chance to cause slash procs on every enemy hit by the explosion. It would make it more unique and useful. This is an ultimate ability, after all. 

In my opinion Titanias Tribute and Lantern don't really suit her kit.

Spellbind should just levitate enemies (~2-3m) and not send them flying out of the origin system (tie them to the ground and a recast on an already affected target will cut the wire)

The range of the Lantern is often to short especially if enemies are already high up in the sky. And we already have a reliable CC on her 1 without the need to have the RNG on our side that the enemies might pass the line of sight of the lantern. Maybe swap the dust effect to lantern and let it spread in a short range like Saryns spores, but as pixie dust which reduces accuracy.

Tribute is most ignored ability by me and I don't think it will be so much better.
Dust - that´s nice to have but nothing special and not helpfully vs enemies further away (like on poe, vallis, or even in maps with a bit space)
Thorns - On a squishy character this is kinda useless since you want to avoid as much dmg as possible and you don't want to take dmg to do dmg. And its dmg is already capped very soon since he doesn't have so much health to be ablte to reflect high dmg numbers
Entangle - Only useful if you play melee and even than 25% is below e.g. Novas base slow
Fullmoon - Since i don't use attack mods for my pets (and they are not active in razorwing mode), so they don't draw aggro the only useful buff would be one for the butterflies, which die pretty often and that very fast and without you knowing it, so this is a wasted buff, too
Let this ability be fairies surrounding Titania and increasing her armour(/health/live reg), but this fairies die if shot(/Titania get´s dmg (a bit like Amesha counts its swarm drones, but without a complete dmg immunity)), as passive this should also be able to respawn the razorwing fairies.

Razorwing Vaccum is a long needed quality of life change 🤩, but can maybe also do something with the doors? Titania (even without the Razorwing augment (which would be a great exilus mod, imo (yes i know won´t happen cause to op and not a classic exilus mod))) is too fast and you are often always hitting the doors which results in a total lose of momentum. (but don't make her slower 😬) maybe let doors detect her earlier or open them faster.

As many others itt have pointed out already, Titania's slow casting animations really is one of her biggest issues, and really should be looked at.

I like the other changes, but I fear that even with the buff tribute will likely not be worth casting (especially not when you're in razorwing and can't afford to waste the energy).

For a long time I had this idea for a lantern-tribute synergy, where if you cast tribute on the lantern you extract tribute from all enemies affected by it. Probably not a game changer, but I think it's a cool idea, and potentially enough incentive to do more than casting spellbind thrice to charge your razorwing blitz.

But that's all fluff, the animation speed is her most glaring problem and really should be improved.

the new passive sounds like a worse version of gara's which is not all that hot imo.

nyx is cc/tank focussed so why not give her a synergetic passive which emphasizes this more than some RNG "tankyness" ? even without having actually tested it, it sounds just too random to really count on it so we might as well not count on it at all which makes it pointless.

other than that i guess its really "wait and test" but that passive looks really disappointing in theory already to be quite honest. it also doesnt really fit a frame which ccs and can become invulnerable anyway and depending on the build she wants to get hit in assimilate to pump it up so theres that...if her passive prevents some hits then that is kinda anti-synergy imo.

The Nyx changes look pretty good.A good start on Titania with the vacuum changes, as others have touched on...some of the buffs are useless and her energy pool needs to be larger, she drains energy quite fast in razorwing and being able to use her other abilities while in pixie form would be quite nice as she only can rely on energy orb drops and doesnt benefit from any of the other sources of energy. Also Razorwing augment being an exilus is would be very cool

After reading the dev workshop changes for nyx, Im pretty stoked as to what they plan on doing with her. Shes my main, and i thoroughly enjoy playing as her. Her 1 is now alot more usable, her 2 is actually something worth using now, and combining the armor reduction with CP is gonna be super nice for dealing with high level grineer. her 4 though ugh, can it please have more done to it except for some math changes? Its not worth using whatsoever without the augment, and from what I read, it still wont be worth using without the augment. The animation coming out is way to slow, and even if your able to charge it with other damage types, how often do enemies actually do elemental damage? unless your able to charge it with self damage, which I dont think DE will do since they removed that ability before, it'll only be worth using with the augment. I shouldnt need an augment to make it usable. The passive is kinda meh, its not great, not terrible either, its better then what she had before, since it gives more survivability, but since enemies dont really aggro her anyway when chaos or mind control are active, it really doesnt add much to her gameplay. Overall its pretty good, but could use some more tweaking. Also, are her augments going to be changing aswell? her augments as is are kinda all around meh, her mind control augment is ok at best, psychic bolts augment is trash since its redundant, chaos augment is ok, and her absorb augment is 100% mandatory for any build.

Archived