Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we getting any content this month?

Circle_of_Psi

I suspect we shall, actually.

That whole deck 12 thing they said they had 'nothing to show for'? Yeah, not buying that they don't have anything. Those images flicker up were awful suspicious, and looked awfully deck twelve-y.

I'm guessing that we'll be getting that Wednesday-ish. Probably Gas City next month, since that's so close to done.

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Content drought!!!

I was waiting for this comment.

Many players complain that there is nothing to do. We then get an update. People complain about it being too grindy and DE makes adjustments. Fast forward a few weeks to a month and people complain there is nothing to do. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Many players complain that there is nothing to do. We then get an update. People complain about it being too grindy and DE makes adjustments. Fast forward a few weeks to a month and people complain there is nothing to do. 

Jumping in here to put my two cents in.

To be completely honest, there really isn’t much to do. By that I mean, we may get an update full of content of things to explore and do which is perfectly fine by all means, but after a week or a even month of completing said all new content, there isn’t much in the game to do after that. I feel like the main core problem is that we are in a dire need of sustained content in the game to keep us (the players) happy and content so they are able to work on other things so that there isn’t a content drought.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, as the title says, are we going to get anything from roadmap this month or even the next?, besides Hotfixes and band-aid Augments?

Been some time without some.

Speaking of Content, what do you guys think will come first out of the Roadmap?

No - and you're not getting any next month for having the impertinence to ask!

"I want" never gets, as they say.

Also, while you're at it - go to your room without any dessert! :tongue:

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Complaining is just a way of life for some people.

They complain when nothing happens...and when something does happen, they find things to criticise anyway. 

The rate I play this game, "content droughts" are non-existent, because the next update always comes before I finish the last one. Happy days! :wink:

If you really feel that you have nothing to do in the game right now, then don't play for a while and play another game instead. It's that simple.

Even the devs don't expect your entire (gaming) life to revolve around Warframe. That's the benefit of a game that has no subscription fees. You can always leave and you can always come back. People do it all the time, and the game still lives.

I'm planning to play Anthem once it drops, but that doesn't mean I'm quitting Warframe. I've actually just been playing some single-player games for the last couple weeks, even (still ain't finished playing FFXV...).

It's not about whether a game is better or not. If you're not finding anything fun to do in the game, take a breather and come back when you feel there's something fun to do.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Lately content has been both anemic and disappointing.    So hoping for content is not all that hopeful, since it will be late, and disapointing considering, you are asking a studio suddenly proud of pushing out mostly garbage.

5 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Jumping in here to put my two cents in.

To be completely honest, there really isn’t much to do. By that I mean, we may get an update full of content of things to explore and do which is perfectly fine by all means, but after a week or a even month of completing said all new content, there isn’t much in the game to do after that. I feel like the main core problem is that we are in a dire need of sustained content in the game to keep us (the players) happy and content so they are able to work on other things so that there isn’t a content drought.

But what does the community exactly want for content to be sustainable? Because the problem is that it seems people only care about content when there are new rewards to get and proceed to abandon said content the moment they have every reward from it.

Even if it's content where the rewards require a lengthy grind or time walls to it (the entirety of Fortuna) people just complain about going through the work to get said rewards then complain again about being out of rewards when they get it all.

Edited by trst

11 minutes ago, trst said:

But what does the community exactly want for content to be sustainable? Because the problem is that it seems people only care about content when there are new rewards to get and proceed to abandon said content the moment they have every reward from it.

Even if it's content where the rewards require a lengthy grind or time walls to it (the entirety of Fortuna) people just complain about going through the work to get said rewards then complain again about being out of rewards when they get it all.

This community doesn't really want "content". That's too broad of a generalization, even though it's the buzzword everyone throws around. The community (excluding YouTubers, for a reason) want more items, with rewards as the main type of item. YouTubers want something new that they can show off and talk about, so they prefer new game modes that they can make videos on for months to come to keep and draw in subscribers.

IMO, Warframe needs both but also gameplay that is designed to last longer. It's not enough for DE to throw in content, especially when their content tends to be rather shallow. I think we need new game modes, new systems, new items, and also more narrative-driven content that provides greater context and meaning to gameplay. We also need some semblance of endgame-style content, namely some kind of Raids/Dungeon system to engage the hardcore player (and one not built around puzzles but difficult enemies and high-end rewards).

All that said, it isn't enough to just throw this stuff into the game, but it needs to be fully developed and DE has to continually add to it. There has to come a point where DE isn't just adding new unique systems every year for the sake of being different. Warframe doesn't need to experiment every year with something new. DE needs to have a core set of different types of content (some of which I mentioned) and they need to iterate on that year after year. My suggestion: Build content thematically around the open worlds every two years. I believe DE should focus on quality of life this year, as well as the systems they've already planned for this year. Next year, they should come out with a new narrative-driven open world (I suggest Mars). Then, they should introduce new content and rework old content within the context of that open world and its story. The following year, they should continue to build on that story and the content released, while setting things up for the next open world (including any reworks and new content). If they structure their development plan in such a way, then we could continually see content release that also fits into a larger focus, specifically expanding further into the system while developing the story of the Grineer-Corpus conflict and the Tenno (and their history). I believe that, with a more planned, structured, and disciplined development process, DE can remedy their content drought issue by giving players regular content while building on Warframe as a whole.