Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is DE playing stalker mode ? Edit: DE is putting in an Opt-out so chill

Joe_Barbarian

31 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

This is not a thread made by that Aramil guy and DE already confirmed the opt out so there is no need for salt.

Also, it means no more threads need to be made. The answer is already here.

The thread changed context like half way into the first page when I thought my match was invaded by a player controlled stalker, hell it was a brilliant game of tag to be honest. Defending the objective and playing stalker tag was amusing.

Honestly, I hope other players will be as open minded as I'm being in regards to stalker mode. We get a new syndicate which is stalker themed and we get to role play as STALKER which did I mention it's stalker themed?

I wonder what kind of rewards there will be for the syndicate, stalker skin? can we buy stalker weapons instead of RNGesus? which personally took me over a year to get despair and hate, which with melee 3.0 hopefully scythes become a competitor in melee weapons. STALKER THEMED MODS! Like Umbral or Primed maybe, maybe something like the Peculiar mods where you get extra blood and gore? How no one brought this kind of stuff up already and discussed what DE could do for the Stalker Syndicate which btw is stalker themed!

25 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

I understand there are a lot of feelings surrounding the inclusion of this mode, but remember to keep it civil, please.

If the discussion goes off the rails into personal attacks, then it's going to get locked.

Thanks to you and @Letter13 for coming here and clearing up some of the confusion and getting this thread back on track. Now Bear, I'd liked to make a personal request. Stalker themed Peculiar mods. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

I wonder what kind of rewards there will be for the syndicate, stalker skin? can we buy stalker weapons instead of RNGesus? which personally took me over a year to get despair and hate, which with melee 3.0 hopefully scythes become a competitor in melee weapons. STALKER THEMED MODS! Like Umbral or Primed maybe, maybe something like the Peculiar mods where you get extra blood and gore? How no one brought this kind of stuff up already and discussed what DE could do for the Stalker Syndicate which btw is stalker themed!

Probably all skins and stuff.

If they added actual rewards, you will see circles of people PvP each other to boost everything then switch it off. They would invade in a round robin fashion to farm rewards. It's the smart thing to do given what WF taught us.

Therefore, I would posit it would only reward cosmetics, maybe War components (war blade, war hilt etc) and perhaps Stalker's stuff, yeah. Just hope they don't put the Pakal armor as a reward, would be a slap in the face.

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

A hell of a slap in the face at that.  

I paid 595 for the bundle just for the armor and scimitar skin about 3 years ago. I don't care about the war. If those become purchaseable in game it is a real slap indeed.

10 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I paid 595 for the bundle just for the armor and scimitar skin about 3 years ago. I don't care about the war. If those become purchaseable in game it is a real slap indeed.

I did too. Which is why I agree with you.  With real cash no less. 

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Is there any precedent for DE later providing through Syndicates or other non-plat reliant means a way of getting cosmetics which were initially Plat only?

I can’t think of any such precedent off the top of my head.

Just putting a halt to the idea before it could be suggested again.  😄

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Is there any precedent for DE later providing through Syndicates or other non-plat reliant means a way of getting cosmetics which were initially Plat only?

Not that I can think of offhand.  The closest might be how alt-helmets were initially platinum only, but can now be gotten as rare rewards from Alerts.  (It's not even close to the same thing, but it's all I can think of right now.)  So far most everything from the existing syndicates is "locked to this reputation but can be traded."  And I don't think there's currently any way to buy any syndicate gear *from DE* for platinum.  You are of course free to trade with other players on whatever terms they'll accept.

For all the rest of the bundles, the cosmetic option has always been platinum bundle exclusive.  Which has kind of been an issue if people wanted to earn the weapons/Warframe through gameplay, but still have the cosmetics.  (You can't buy *just* the armor, and you don't even get the option of a discount on the parts you already own.)

6 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The have been a lot of free cosmetics that came out with non-plat variants

2 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Answer is simple, if even one person in a squad opts out, the squad as a whole is not eligible for invasion. 

If the stalker invades, it will be the NPC variety.

However, considering the desire for Stalker's gear, most players will wind up opting in and you'll likely see groups organizing in recruiting for stalker-hunting parties to lure the more frequent player-controlled stalker invasions.

Sounds like a decent setup to me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

There was one, but it was the other way around. It's the Lunaro armour set.

7 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

So if you play in public it is most likely you wont encounter stalker player invasion, since all 4 player must have opt-in to eligible for it.

This means most encounter is in organized groups of premades, sounds good to me. But lets just make it default to opt-out to avoid new players getting stomped.

Opt-in is what would prevent newbie stompage.  That would mean you have to go into the settings and turn on the ability to get invaded.  "Opt out" is the opposite, you have to choose to remove yourself as a target because invasions are turned on by default.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

There’ve been folks asking for a Stalker helmet cosmetic for years, so why not put in this mode, make those players happy?

I'm not against that.  They can have it if they want to.  I myself find the Stalker helmet to be...well... ugly.  

48 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Opt-in is what would prevent newbie stompage.  That would mean you have to go into the settings and turn on the ability to get invaded.  "Opt out" is the opposite, you have to choose to remove yourself as a target because invasions are turned on by default.

I think they just said the exact same thing in different words.

58 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

But lets just make it default to opt-out to avoid new players getting stomped.

the opt-out by default part, so yeah, you have to turn it on to opt in.

3 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

I understand there are a lot of feelings surrounding the inclusion of this mode, but remember to keep it civil, please.

If the discussion goes off the rails into personal attacks, then it's going to get locked.

I'm glad there is an opt out after reading this i was hovering over the uninstall warframe button, thats how much i hate pvp.. Can you explain where the opt out will be situated.

Edited by DanteYoda

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

immortal skins from baro

You know what's going to be hilarious? People that get stomped by regular stalker coming to forums to rage that they were probably killed by a player stalker because reasons.  

It will also be funny if regular stalker gets an A.I. boost and player stalker ends up being easier to deal with.

22 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You know what's going to be hilarious? People that get stomped by regular stalker coming to forums to rage that they were probably killed by a player stalker because reasons.  

It will also be funny if regular stalker gets an A.I. boost and player stalker ends up being easier to deal with.

Should be fairly easy to tell for those who've completed the Second Dream.  That is unless Player Stalkers get the Shadow Stalker version also.  

hace 4 horas, Datam4ss dijo:

Probably all skins and stuff.

If they added actual rewards, you will see circles of people PvP each other to boost everything then switch it off.

Since it's a PvP related syndicate they could avoid people opting out of the system after getting the rewards in a similar way to how they handle Recruit Conditioning in PvP, which can be toggled on and off until the player reaches rank 3 and the most seeked rewards are locked behind rank 5. If DE makes stalker syndicate work the same way, players who want the rewards would have no choice other than being in the system for the rest of their warframe life. Opt out or neat rewards... kinda  a tough choice for some players, but could work to discourage boosting.

Also, i don't think that adding actual gear (weapons, exclusive mods, even warframes or arcanes) is such an awful idea since all of those can usually be traded anyways.

hace 4 horas, Datam4ss dijo:

Therefore, I would posit it would only reward cosmetics, maybe War components (war blade, war hilt etc) and perhaps Stalker's stuff, yeah. Just hope they don't put the Pakal armor as a reward, would be a slap in the face.

I'd like to see Shadow stalker's body as an excalibur skin, however i don't it ever gets to happen since DE has refused to add stalker helmet because they want to keep the character unique.

I want the story to lead to Stalker becoming a playable frame for our tenno who has the unique ability to use some other warframe abilities. Like 1: Rhino Charge. 2: Inaros Devour, 3: Desecrate 4: Absorption. You can use abilities from frames you've mastered. 1 key abilities can only go in the 1 slot obviously. Certain abilities cannot be copied for obvious reasons such as 3 key for Khora, 3, 4 for Nidus, 4 titania, et all. Idk how he'd work in PvP. But he may use different stats then the base frame so certain combos aren't too op. But I don't think he'd have a huge issue of being op in PVE. Maybe his passive also allows him to take a passive from other frames. Some wouldn't be available such as nidus or limbo.