Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I didn't do the community event because there is nothing in game that tells me what to do.

Answ5r

It's not even that hard to find out what you have to do.

You have to search for Coolant Spooders. Where would a Coolant Spooder would be? The answer is straight forward: Exploiter Orb. Since that is the only cold based enemy in Vallis.

Then you just grab the module and use it on hot cracks. I don't know how you didn't find that out tbh.

Even the Exploiter is kinda easy to figure out.

17 hours ago, Answ5r said:

I want the game to tell me what to do. There needs to be a complete revamp of the in game help system. I'm never told within the game how to do anything or where anything is.

I feel you. I’ve got 2 blueprints now with no idea what they were for. Maybe one day I’ll look it up during the event.

This is why I only play Anthem, the absolute best game by an award-winning triple A publisher. Every single quest objective in Anthem is super clear. Talk to this NPC. Get 100 melee kills. Fly to this location. Press F. Fly to this other location. Warframe and other inferior games really need to step up with their clarity. 

Also, I potty in my pants because there's nothing that tells me what to do

Outside of finding the door, every step is easy to follow, those unexplained happen with observation and experimentation.

I looked it up only today and the only thing i learn is that thermia increase permanently the heat speed in phase 2.

This is my favorite event and "boss" "fight".

I've come back to this, and it is actually HILARIOUS how many people don't even know the Event that the OP was talking about, and thus, actually solidifies their and my point on the matter:

Players have no In-Game notification of the "Scanning Data Hashes" Event to unlock the Deck 12/Exploiter-Orb fight other than a little thing on a random large mushroom by the Fortuna doors that no one has even given a second glance since the Fortuna Release and requires the player to scan it before providing any dialogue what-so-ever, at which point no additional In-game information is given and Players are forced to crawl to Google, begging for some sort of answer just to START the quest at all (And receive the Map or the Data Hash locations).

I hope that big bold text there helps anyone else understand what was going on before they too make an absolute fool of themselves, Lol-ing in a corner thinking they're so smart as those in the know just look at them (or worse case, respond to correct them) like they're morons.

EDIT: OP, feel free to copy and paste my bold font message there into your original post if you want. I'm sure it spells everything out for people who think the Community Event is the Fracture closing one, and not the actual Community Event, which was the "Scan these hidden Data Hashes" one.

EDIT 2:
"Clicking on the event sent you to Fortuna. Clicking on Eudico told you about the hashes and said to explore the Vallis. Vague I know but googling it like anything else that confuses in this game, brought the solution. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a better ingame system, of course there should. But saying it was too hard to figure out is just not true." -Zilchy (I couldn't figure out how to Quote someone in an Edit)

Apparently there was a vague way in-game to start the Quest. I looked around myself, but never found this. Might have lost the first step due to scanning the first mushroom Data Hash when a friend pointed it out on a trip back from Fractures, not sure. I will leave my prior message as they are though so others can see the full series of events that lead to this bit here.

Edited by Tangent-Valley
Message to OP: Found a start point, apparently

32 minutes ago, -Azumarill- said:

This is why I only play Anthem, the absolute best game by an award-winning triple A publisher. Every single quest objective in Anthem is super clear. Talk to this NPC. Get 100 melee kills. Fly to this location. Press F. Fly to this other location. Warframe and other inferior games really need to step up with their clarity. 

Also, I potty in my pants because there's nothing that tells me what to do

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I've come back to this, and it is actually HILARIOUS how many people don't even know the Event that the OP was talking about, and thus, actually solidifies their and my point on the matter:

Players have no In-Game notification of the "Scanning Data Hashes" Event to unlock the Deck 12/Exploiter-Orb fight other than a little thing on a random large mushroom by the Fortuna doors that no one has even given a second glance since the Fortuna Release and requires the player to scan it before providing any dialogue what-so-ever, at which point no additional In-game information is given and Players are forced to crawl to Google, begging for some sort of answer just to START the quest at all (And receive the Map or the Data Hash locations).

I hope that big bold text there helps anyone else understand what was going on before they too make an absolute fool of themselves, Lol-ing in a corner thinking they're so smart as those in the know just look at them (or worse case, respond to correct them) like they're morons.

RIGHT?!?!?  No one is complaining about the fractures (that portion of the event was done really well overall, I think, although I don't think 90% of players have any reason to know what and where the Exploiter Orb is or why it would be the place to get the coolant canisters... but that is one easily-answered question out of the whole activity so I'm not complaining)

Technically @Mr.SpookSpook inadvertently pointed out in their mostly non-sequitor screen shots (seriously why are you bringin up Nightwave AT ALL?) that the in-game single line of text "Find and Scan Data Hashes" does exist.   Doesn't tell you what they are, where they are, or why they are, but it does in fact acknowledge their existence.

I'm not as mad about this whole thing as I was in the beginning.  So far the data hashes are just an easter egg for the ARG followers and that's what ARGs should be about.   The Exploiter fight is awesome and accessible to all, the only question is where to go to do it (which is again one easily answerable question).

But for a while there it really did look like twitch and reddit were intended as mandatory gameplay, which would be unacceptable.

Stuff is still not as well explained as it should be, but that just brings us back to baseline DE.  For a minute there, it really looked like they were reaching for a new level....

• Like 1

I do agree that certain tips are not the way to go, ive been here since update 7 and while i did the boss on my own without any external sources (i figured out all the mechanics of the boss on my own), i still needed to ask how to start the boss fight and in both cases (the scaning and the the boss trigger) were both described in the forums along the lines of "if you watched the streams you likely know where to go" and that's an issue.

It's the 1st time i see something so vague on something so important, other events had specific intructions but lacked the meaning of certain words, DE would simply introduce a new gamemode, say something along the lines of "introduce the power cell into excavator" and you would be lost, i mean what was a powercell back then, how to get one. Still, with some effort you would figure out those items.

This event however asked us to scan things that are way to small with no clear intructions other than "scan" and we had a boss fight that was simply hidden from the common population.

I like the boss, i like the aproach, i have had my fun and will continue to have fun, i understand fracture defense is mainly a tutorial for the boss itself, but please when you add an explanation to "what do do?", please don't give vague descriptions like "it's in fortuna somewhere, you probably know where and what to do"

I can't imagine how many players were completely clueless on the scans or where the boss trigger is.

7 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Clicking on the event sent you to Fortuna. Clicking on Eudico told you about the hashes and said to explore the Vallis. Vague I know but googling it like anything else that confuses in this game, brought the solution. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a better ingame system, of course there should. But saying it was too hard to figure out is just not true.

I need to correct this a bit.

Clicking on the Fractures event progress loads you directly into the Vallis.  (and the fractures are well-enough explained and not what folks are actually complaining about)

Clicking on the Data Hashes event progress zooms the star chart to Venus and that's all.  Same for clicking on the new "enter the code" event progress for the Exploiter fight.

Talking to Eudico in Fortuna kicks off VO about the fractures and Exploiter Orb over the normal menus in place of the stock VO.

Edited by moondog548
  • Like 1

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Answ5r:

Yes I would love to look things up within the game. Inside of the game. While I am playing the game. Not outside the game. Not youtube. Not twitch. Not some other website. The game itself.

Within.

You don't have to watch a stream or video. Just use a search engine of your choice and look for "orb vallis data hash map" and you still have to search for them. But you want it ingame, you don't want to do anything outside of it, I understand that. Your post is just a statement with you not having any intention in getting feedback on it. And because it is like it is you want DE to do something about it. Ok, you made your point.

Sir, Ma'am. Nothing to see here. Move along.

• Like 1

One thing I do need to admit to and another reason my own initial "rage" was overblown, was that while DE sucks about disseminating vital information in game, they're actually really good about posting it on the website/official forums, and (credit to @Mr.SpookSpook who I just got done yelling at when they really were right in this case) the NEWS menu in game does take you right to it.  

(in my only defense it is not useful the vast majority of the time)

Edited by moondog548

20 hours ago, Answ5r said:

I don't want to watch youtube videos, twitch streamers or anyone else play the game. I'm bored to tears watching other people play. I want to play the game. I don't want to go out of the game to find out how to do the event. Why doesn't the nightwave lady, ordis, lotus whomever tell me what to do?

I want the game to tell me what to do. There needs to be a complete revamp of the in game help system. I'm never told within the game how to do anything or where anything is.

Are you talking about the Fractures? Or are you talking about the Data-Hashes?

22 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Well, looking things up is part of the game, so...

I could agree if those kinda of info were not essential, as you do when you want to understand in full the abilities of a frame, so you go on wiki to study all the numbers. But WF was always terrible to even convey the minimum essential info required for an event, system, mission. 

Was always our job to go and look out on the forum or whatever platform to understand how to play. I don't event want to consider that abomination of JV raid, one of the most artificial-complexed and bad designed mission I ever did in my gamer life.

TLDR : it's okay to look out in other sources to get more specific and deep info, but we should have for every event, mode or mission SOLID GUIDELINES to let us understand what to do, where and when, and what we could get from it (IN GAME).

Edited by Cloud

8 hours ago, moondog548 said:

I need to correct this a bit.

Clicking on the Fractures event progress loads you directly into the Vallis.  (and the fractures are well-enough explained and not what folks are actually complaining about)

Clicking on the Data Hashes event progress zooms the star chart to Venus and that's all.  Same for clicking on the new "enter the code" event progress for the Exploiter fight.

Talking to Eudico in Fortuna kicks off VO about the fractures and Exploiter Orb over the normal menus in place of the stock VO.

That's fair but zooming into Venus is the mother of all hints. The second I went into the Vallis I got info about the hashes so in that case, I guess we can safely assume that my Helios auto scanned the first one outside the door and kicked off the info for me.
Also, patch notes are a thing and since the OP posted on here we can safely assume he's aware of the forums.

Edited by Zilchy

Warframe has always seriously struggled to give players useful instructions. It's a long-time problem. DE takes advantage of the fact the community is very open with sharing info to each other and hasn't really gone back to polish the rough edges from long ago just yet. This event also suffers that problem, though it's less like it fails to tell you what to do and more about DE just expecting players to google it because that's what they're used to having to do in this game anyway. Like, they designed this event at least partially assuming that heading to the wiki is just a given thing now.

I'm the type of person who looks everything up anyway. However the general community who get into any of the external stuff (streams, social media and sites) wouldn't even know where to find them. The navigation console says to scan them but there isn't anything that indicates where they are in-game. Yes there's one on the mushroom to the left of the exit of the lift when you first load into the Vallis but unless you have Helios or were told where it was, you wouldn't know it was there. A player would have to scour the map looking everywhere and hoping their Helios scans it for them (if they even have one or bothered to bring it). A radar similar to what we get when using the miner lasers would be nice to locate them.

Thing is, that part of it is a community event. We're supposed to be helping each other find and scan the things - to that end, players will even screencap the locations and share them with friends and clanmates. I mean there's already a google doc online with the map and locations. It's up to the people who know to spread the knowledge and show others (either by the external methods or take people on a tour of the Vallis).

A lot of warframe is looking things up. the wiki helps a lot.

I will say however, that at lest the boss fight is.... not well explained on a user interface kinda way. its not overtly aparent where or what the canisters you need are. Its nice that they added in a boss that feels like an actual boss BUT its feels kinda slow and chunky at times.

• Like 1

the main reason i see is   " i want to play the game by playing the game" well as someone else pointed out  even the devs have said the game is mostly intended to look stuff up and search for stuff.. so its part of playing the game.. i personaly do trial and error  had some remarkable fails doing so and had a blast  looking stuff up is also part of most games nowadays at some point so thats not really a reason  u can try trial and error  also as someone else said  ask in region chat  people are for the most part willing to give advice.. plus kickbot is pretty durn knowledgable too  i spent about 2 hours looking for a coolant raknoid  tried looking it up couldnt find anything about it   finaly found one randomly while floof hunting .. seconds before my body was  blasted to shreds by a very mad exploiter spooder.. i laughed so hard becuz i never even thought about checking her.. but i found out by playing the game  soon as i grabbed the item the npc told me what to do via in game vid thingy and rest was pretty self explanatory    

trial and error and failing and dieing is part of any game   ur failures push u to learn from ur mistakes and get better  u dont need every awnser handed to u when most alrdy are via tons of info sources in game and out of game  just flounder for abit and ull eventually figure it out

3 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

Wow, so your amazing dedication to trial and error led you to hunt across the Vallis and find all sixteen data hashes for yourself without a map? I'm impressed! Especially since you weren't even really meant to do that, and the actual intent and design of the event WAS specifically for people to just all look up guides on it, which is why the map was just directly sent out to popular streamers. There still would have been some hunting at each location without looking up any further guide, of course, but if the very basis of the event was "hey go look up the info the community will probably have figured out somewhere!", it was probably expected for the guides to get more thorough.

problems being that A: this was incredibly lame and boring and it was clear there was no point to doing it, and B: they did a horrendous job of actually directing players to go look it up as was intended.

Truthfully? YEAH IT DID! Me and two other buds spent 7 hours looking all over vallis to find the data modules, we love that kind of stuff, though at the time once we found them all and went to the cave DE didn't have the dialogue put in, so all we had was a circular looking puzzle with blurred images, we could only open the menu once after that it didn't work, so yeah after that we kinda gave up, good to know we just had to wait for other people to do the event.

I will agree with one point, there was truthfully no reason to do the event, no incentives since everyone eventually got access to it, so yeah disappointing in that aspect, next community even I might just wait until DE makes it available to everyone.

Edited by Knight_Ex

I guess nevermind the fact that Eudico tells you about the fractures, the coolant cells, and that you should place them on the fractures and defend them.

Or the fact that Zuud tells you to use Thermia on the condenser when you come across it. Or to shoot out the orb's footholds. Or destroy her vents. Or throw the condensed thermia onto the frozen vents. Or when Eudico tells you to run to the surface. Or when she tells you do not let the raknoids reach the Orb. Or when she and Zuud tells you to throw more thermia onto her.

Yeah, the players truly are clueless.

Just now, AlexanderDMoon said:

I guess nevermind the fact that Eudico tells you about the fractures, the coolant cells, and that you should place them on the fractures and defend them.

Or the fact that Zuud tells you to use Thermia on the condenser when you come across it. Or to shoot out the orb's footholds. Or destroy her vents. Or throw the condensed thermia onto the frozen vents. Or when Eudico tells you to run to the surface. Or when she tells you do not let the raknoids reach the Orb. Or when she and Zuud tells you to throw more thermia onto her.

Yeah, the players truly are clueless.

I think people are primarily upset with not being given a proximity of the data hash locations, almost like we don't have a sentinal that enjoys scanning things that are within line of sight from a ridiculous long range..

1 hour ago, Cephalycion said:

There is a lot of stuff in Warframe. A lot. It's hard to explain all of it to players.

If you don't like looking for information outside of the game, such as the wiki or youtube, I'm sorry but Warframe might not be the right game for you.

Goodbye.

It's hard to explain anything because there's no explanation whatsoever