Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

2 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

Care to understand what i wrote? That we got the information on the duration/start/end, but in a fragmentary, delayed, non stransparent and non official way from the beginning?

I understood what you were trying to say. I also understood what Steve said way back in February. That's why I aimed for 10 weeks from February 27th, until I got additional information showing that that first week apparently wasn't being included whenever DE talked about what week they were on. 

Kind of hard to get more "official" than the horse's own mouth. 

6 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

No. See above.

I did. You're still wrong. 

Never i proposed to buy the rewards in my post, you entitled yourself to abstract that. You seem to forget that almost everyhting in this game comes back with a second solution or chance (Baro market selling weapons of past events). Is it such a bad thing to ask DE a clarification for this? I hate the event and i want to skip it, can i understand if in 6 months/ 1 year i wil have a less tedious way to cover the gap?

Did I say that you did? I said that people have been unreasonably demanding that they be allowed to buy the rewards and pay2win from the very start of the event. 

The fact that everything comes back around is a good thing, but the event isn't even ended. Demanding that they tell us from the start that it will show up in Baro's inventory on 20th May 2021 isn't particularly reasonable. 

I don't see how would not be possible for a new wave to start without the previous being concluded. You threat them as QUESTS and the problem is solved, without "terrible" consequences. From the comments on the forum the season limit is one of the most regrettable choice DE ever implemented, the problem has to be tackled. Players WANT to follow content at their pace.

And from the comments on the forum many of the people who complained about the season ending, finished well in advance of the end of the season. Many of them finished with close to a month to spare, and still complained about burnout when they could easily have gone at a more leisurely pace and skipped many of the challenges they didn't feel like doing. 

You continue to repeat your "you only need 60-65% of the total standings" mantra without even trying to understand that, with the actual nature of the challengeschores, end-game people would gladly skip 80+% of them. What i propose is to put end-game rewards behind end-game content.

Many "endgame" players seem to be only too happy to complain about the vast majority of the content in the game not being "endgame enough" while skipping the content because of "a lack of acceptable rewards" 

For some the only thing that they don't seem to skip is making those very funny posts about how endgame they are and how they have nothing to do. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:
38 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

Care to understand what i wrote? That we got the information on the duration/start/end, but in a fragmentary, delayed, non stransparent and non official way from the beginning?

I understood what you were trying to say. I also understood what Steve said way back in February. That's why I aimed for 10 weeks from February 27th, until I got additional information showing that that first week apparently wasn't being included whenever DE talked about what week they were on. 

Kind of hard to get more "official" than the horse's own mouth. 

38 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

No. See above.

I did. You're still wrong. 

Never i proposed to buy the rewards in my post, you entitled yourself to abstract that. You seem to forget that almost everyhting in this game comes back with a second solution or chance (Baro market selling weapons of past events). Is it such a bad thing to ask DE a clarification for this? I hate the event and i want to skip it, can i understand if in 6 months/ 1 year i wil have a less tedious way to cover the gap?

Did I say that you did? I said that people have been unreasonably demanding that they be allowed to buy the rewards and pay2win from the very start of the event. 

The fact that everything comes back around is a good thing, but the event isn't even ended. Demanding that they tell us from the start that it will show up in Baro's inventory on 20th May 2021 isn't particularly reasonable. 

I don't see how would not be possible for a new wave to start without the previous being concluded. You threat them as QUESTS and the problem is solved, without "terrible" consequences. From the comments on the forum the season limit is one of the most regrettable choice DE ever implemented, the problem has to be tackled. Players WANT to follow content at their pace.

And from the comments on the forum many of the people who complained about the season ending, finished well in advance of the end of the season. Many of them finished with close to a month to spare, and still complained about burnout when they could easily have gone at a more leisurely pace and skipped many of the challenges they didn't feel like doing. 

You continue to repeat your "you only need 60-65% of the total standings" mantra without even trying to understand that, with the actual nature of the challengeschores, end-game people would gladly skip 80+% of them. What i propose is to put end-game rewards behind end-game content.

Many "endgame" players seem to be only too happy to complain about the vast majority of the content in the game not being "endgame enough" while skipping the content because of "a lack of acceptable rewards" 

For some the only thing that they don't seem to skip is making those very funny posts about how endgame they are and how they have nothing to do. 

Wow, it's incredible how hard you try to circumvent the problems without acknowledging them, way enough to understand that it's useless to talk with you. Anyway, this is a feedback thread to DE, not to guzmantt1977, i was silly enought to reply the first time (and this time).

Edited by DebrisFlow

1 minute ago, DebrisFlow said:

Wow, it's incredible how hard you try to circumvent the problems without acknowledging them, way enough to understand that it's useless to talk with you. Anyway, this is a feedback thread to DE, not to guzmantt1977, i was silly enought to reply the first time.

Good way to circumvent when someone pointed out the flaws in your feedback, as opposed to addressing the points that they made. 👍

In response to @TacticalPotato's recent vid

I actually find the rewards and general setup is pretty good, but having an exact end date is for sure required. I also think the challenges are mostly fine but I think the challenge timing system needs to be reworked to avoid the panic.

2 A few ways I'd do this:
- Have all of the weekly challenges available every week, or at least a enough that players don't need to do them all to gain enough rep/time. Same thing with dailies put out at least 3 daily challenges a day. So players can choose whichever ones they want to suit them best, or they happen to have more time they can do more of the 5,000 rep challenges. This also makes it a lot easier to group a few challenges together and then have a couple days where you don't have as much time to play less stressful.
- The other thing would be since all of the challenges are available, they don't really need have deadlines. If you only killed 100/150 eximus that week, you don't have to rush to finish it. Instead Daily/Weekly is a measure of when you can redo the challenge to gain the rep.

Actually 1 other thing would be to rebalance the rep a bit. The hour long challenges could be worth 10,000 and 15,000 with a friend. I like being encouraged to play with a friend, not required.
Also can we get the ability to play sorties that just don't reward Rivens. I'm not really looking for Rivens and I'm not throwing away Rivens I've invested in just so I can play the Sorties.
- Or rework Sorties rewards to Wolf Credits and Make each Sortie stage worth 15/25/50 Wolf Creds.

Adding some of the rep/standing rewards as Wolf Cred rewards might also be nice. Each rep/standing level should all reward some wolf creds in addition to the 50 cred stages. The 15 wolf creds Per rep stage after you finish should eith be in a 15/25/50 rotation, or just be at least 30 wolf creds.

Having been playing with friends who are a bit more casual and newer to the game (as in 2-3 months rather than my own rather meager....seven months, I think? Eight? Can't remember) the absolute damn worst thing about Nightwave is that its really harsh on the new guys. A sizeable portion of the missions are impossible to do for brand new players: for example, those lacking all element mods on specific weapon type, so no combined element damage to complete what are among the easiest missions or those involving Nightmare mission and similar level of 'endgame' (if there even is such a thing!). And even when they complete a few missions and ranks and finally get some Wolf Creds? They pretty much need to spend it on Nitain, a resource impossible to obtain elsewhere. Now I was lucky, there wasn't much I needed in Nightwave at the time so I spent my first few creds on just getting as much Nitain for later but for a new guy badly wanting to craft a new frame? This is hell.

Nightwave should make Nitain cheaper. Or make creds cheaper and easier to obtain (by putting them earlier in the order you get rewards) OR...or hear me out: give out a shot of a few Nitain in the first few reward ranks so a guy who start playing in the middle of a Nightwave season can obtain this critical resource.

• Like 1

The assassin-spawn mechanism was not a good way to bring in the Wolf, I have to say.  I've seen some people quitting missions because they either can't handle the fight or don't want to spend 30 minutes for a mod drop.  Meanwhile, people who do want to fight the bullet-sponge wind up repeating the likes of Hydron for five minutes at a time in the hope that he pops up.  It's changed the way that people play, but not in a good way.

Why not use the existing sortie or bounty mechanics to lead to an encounter with the Wolf, instead?  That would still make it require a degree of effort, make it an opt-in deal (which would stop people bailing on their teams), and make it feel as though the player is actively hunting instead of hanging around and hoping for something interesting to happen (which, 92% of the time, it hasn't been.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sasuda said:

In response to @TacticalPotato's recent vid

adding up to that... brozime posted a similar video

50 minutes ago, TheOldOne said:

The assassin-spawn mechanism was not a good way to bring in the Wolf, I have to say.  I've seen some people quitting missions because they either can't handle the fight or don't want to spend 30 minutes for a mod drop.  Meanwhile, people who do want to fight the bullet-sponge wind up repeating the likes of Hydron for five minutes at a time in the hope that he pops up.  It's changed the way that people play, but not in a good way.

Just a few of the very negative effects of nightwave on the community, people farming the wolf and leaving after 5 waves on most endless missions. Also as soon as those challenges go up nobody does more than 3 zones on SO and ESO.

For all those weeks of nightwave the wolf only spawned 3 times for me - i had nothing to level, was always in full gear. Then i get an affinity booster on login and put some forma on my kitgun and frame and got the wolf 3 times in a hour. The first time we killed him, took us almost 30 minutes and we got a great reward... North Wind, yay.... and the second time 2 people immediately aborted the mission after he announced himself. It's just not worth a 30 minute fight, so yeah, i have to admit, from that on i started to abort too as soon as he shows up. I'd fight him in full gear but after i was done with ranking everything back up, he doesn't show up for me anymore.

Edited by TheFBD
fixed youtube link

1 hour ago, Skritz91 said:

impossible to do for brand new players:

The old every mission had a little challenge for Affinity could be added in but reward a small amount of rep, ex get 30 kills, 20 secondary kills, or 10 headshots. I think those were easy to accomplish for new players and could help making it feel a little less grindy. I personally like the current challenges, just would like them to be not as timer based as my previous post entails, which may also help the beginner cases.

If all challenges are always available and on completion, refreshed 1 week or 3 days after you complete them rather than having a time limit where they reset to different challenges I think they are a lot more reasonable for new players. That way even if you only have gotten 1 elemental mod you at least have 1 challenge you could reasonably complete regularly for rep.

And then to counteract the still low rep earned having the mini-challenge per mission with say 150 rep.

27 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

30 minutes

Personally never taken me more than 5ish minutes so maybe some sort of scaling added to it or beacons are added at specific rep levels so players have some level of expectation of when he's coming could help. I know there's problems with his battle mechanics with health and our options for damaging him too, I just haven't thought of a way to make them better in part because I haven't looked at how he works other than enemy targeting Warframe abilities seem to have have no effect.

Spoiler

(Brozime's burnout is kind of a "you did this to yourself" to some extent I think, Warframe's grind is pretty unsightly overall but it's a game where farming for 1 single goal is the most painful way to farm for things. You have to kinda have multiple goals to farm in rotation, that being said, still a disturbing amount of grind is needed. The best way to fix that though I think would be part of a major reward overhaul where almost every item & mission gives out relatively unique drops with like 30-50% chances. Anyway that's beyond the scope of this forum.)

Go into an Axi Relic exterminate mission, Wolf Spawns! That's 3rd time in... what week is this? Eh, that many weeks. Anyways, LEVEL 75.

One team member just nopes from the mission.

But, after plenty of time fighting him (and my Kitgun that regenerates ammo), we win!

And he drops a Molten Impact.

Is this your idea of a joke, DE? He couldn't drop mods that are a slight bit rarer than the most generic --- type melee mod anyone ever might need?

FIX THIS. THIS IS NOT FUN. THIS IS NOT REWARDING.

I like nightwave, the rewards are ok (armor/umbra). For the last year (except forutna release) i was just log in -> log out, now i logi in->do some nightwave challenges->log out.. Even in my dead clan some people started playing again, and once a week we did nightwave together.

I fought wolf few times, 3x today on hydron while lvling saryn/kitgun and dont understand why people saying that hes too tanky. In 4 random group he always died in ~3min If you have weapon that can kill stuff hes not a problem. Ofc hes way harder than stalker.. 3sec vs 3min, but stalker is just a sad joke.

As a core concept, Nightwave is really fun.

In practise however, it is an attempt to force "brand loyalty" onto the player base. It creates exclusivity where there doesn't need to be exclusivity, just for the sake of pushing people to play your game more often. It's a thinly veiled attempt to punish players who are less active rather than reward players who are active. And as I said in my previous post: I hate forced brand loyalty anywhere, but I especially hate it in my games.

60% completion required was debunked by Reddit to actually be closer to 70% required. After missing three weeks due to real life circumstances, and this is after having done the first three weeks with relative excitement, Nightwave stopped being fun and became a chore. I had to log in every day, I had to do it, because I couldn't guarantee I'd have enough free time in my busy life, couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't get pulled away again. And what do you know; I was pulled away again, for another few weeks. By the time I came back, Warframe had turned into a chore that, until this point, it had never been. Until Nightwave, Warframe had always been a grindy game that had otherwise avoided FOMO - Fear Of Missing Out. I was never upset if I missed a Baro weekend, because Baro will always be back. I was never upset if I missed an alert, because the alert will always come up again. I was never upset if I missed the Acolytes or the Ghouls because they will come back, in the exact form they were in when they were introduced, with the same rewards that I can get in the same way. If I ran out of time, it didn't feel like a big deal. I didn't have to worry about if they'd ever show up again. I didn't have to worry about exclusivity.

Nightwave throws that out the window, and for what? It isn't a system that rewards players for logging in and doing missions because players who wanted to play Warframe would already do that, and you could have included some of these rewards in a myriad of different ways with less time gating as long as you made it worth doing. Do you know that if you actually fixed the Arbitrations, people would do them? So I don't want to hear pretend excuses of "We try other content, and you players don't use it!" and for all of their faults - they have many - at least Arbitrations aren't arbitrarily timed with their rewards. They're still going to be there for me to play and have fun with when you actually fix them. Nightwave season 1, though? The lack of Wolf spawning in my missions when I did get time to play? The Umbral forma I won't reach, that you chose to make unusually exclusive at the very back end of a season where you couldn't even correctly tell us what percentage of the content we'd have to do in order to achieve that rank? They're going to be gone after Season 1. Who knows if they'll be in Season 2? We don't, you won't tell us until you release it.

Nightwave as a concept is fantastic, it was a nice and refreshing take on the alerts system that made alert rewards feel a little more reachable. That was, until a few weeks passed when I couldn't play, and the burn out started to hit me, and I realised that you hadn't rewarded me for the weeks I had been able to play during this event, but you had instead punished me for the lack of activity on my part. "Oh, you didn't have time to do the Nightwaves? Well that's just too bad, guess you should be more active." And what's worse is that you encourage this mentality in your players, too. Look at these threads; they're a train wreck. You've turned your own community in on itself, and now people bicker and argue "Well I could manage to do it, why couldn't you?!" "Your argument is totally invalid because I work however many hours and could achieve it!" You didn't just punish people that couldn't meet your arbitrary standard of activity that you felt was acceptable to get a genuinely useful reward (like an Umbral Forma) but you even managed to turn other players on these people. Congratulations.

As I said before the other thread: I'm not even upset or angry. I am just disappointed. Slowly but surely, Warframe is now trying to compete with Destiny and Anthem not by being an actually better game, but instead by demanding more time from the players it has and by restricting the time they might have to play other games. Now that you have those players from those franchises, I suppose you have to keep them tied to this community, right? Can't just keep them here by making sure your game is still appealing and fun - the thing that drew many of us here in the first place. Instead just have to chain us down with FOMO grinds, make us worry about missing out on useful resources if we don't play to what DE considers to be an acceptably active standard. And as such, ironically... it's made me turn off Warframe entirely and I'm not really that excited for updates any more, the way I used to be.

Edited by Airyllish

17 hours ago, DebrisFlow said:

Suggestions:

• GET RID OF THE SEASON TIME LIMIT 
  • separate challenges/rewards for early-, middle-game (what alerts where before) from end-game challenges/rewards.

Yes, removing the time limit would be the saving grace.
Tons of posts on this thread highlight the problems it causes.
Remove it and boil it down to daily/weekly challenges which keep coming like the alerts did.

14 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

1) Terrible suggestion as far as I can see. People have repeatedly explained that having it never end, means never getting the next nightwave and the rewards that come with it. You would shackle all of us who complete the event, to let people who may never finish, have a chance to finish at their own pace? That's a terrible thing to do. 

Never getting the next nightwave sounds like a blessing. 😉
Allowing players to play at their own pace would be a terrible thing? Oh my.

About "never getting the next rewards" ... of course if you remove the time limit you have to change the way rewards are distributed.
It could easily be a reputation system like everywhere else in the game, just on a longer time scale since it would be tied to continuous challenges.
Or, as I suggested a few pages back, high end rewards could be given for truely challenging weeklies, which could even be MR gated (without a time limit, challenges being locked for younger players would not be an issue). They could be as rare as DE wants them to be.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, D1sTrust said:

Yes, removing the time limit would be the saving grace.
Tons of posts on this thread highlight the problems it causes.
Remove it and boil it down to daily/weekly challenges which keep coming like the alerts did.

Never getting the next nightwave sounds like a blessing. 😉
Allowing players to play at their own pace would be a terrible thing? Oh my.

About "never getting the next rewards" ... of course if you remove the time limit you have to change the way rewards are distributed.
It could easily be a reputation system like everywhere else in the game, just on a longer time scale since it would be tied to continuous challenges.
Or, as I suggested a few pages back, high end rewards could be given for truely challenging weeklies, which could even be MR gated (without a time limit, challenges being locked for younger players would not be an issue). They could be as rare as DE wants them to be.

Do you understand that MR is a meaningless system? The only thing that it truly measures is "how many MR tests did you pass". 

I think that Steve indicated that what they're seeing is that the nightwave system is doing what it was meant to do. It's gotten more people to engage with warframe instead of "log in, collect daily, log out". And we know that there are plans for at least one more season. 

And here's the thing that is most important, there's never been an event that lasted "forever". The alerts never waited for you to decide months later that you should get the reward from December's prime time alerts. But for the people who missed the chance the first time, it rolled around again and they got another shot at it. So there is no issue to solve for those who don't claim all of the rewards. 

Play at your own pace, by all means. But nobody is entitled to claim the rewards that they didn't earn. 

• Like 2

• The ayatans arent honestly bad, and they help people make p by selling them for like 20p unfilled. It's not hard to hunt for ayatans by just nuking the entire map of their boxes.
  • Survival challenges were fun the first time, but a chore the second.... and 3rd.... etc. giving us cool bonus rewards for going 60m in any game mode seems better than asking us to do it or remain behind on an event if we choose not to.
  • Friend/clan challenges, I play with my friend 100% of the time I play warframe, I can't have an opinion on this really except thanks for the free standing.

All this coming from a player that loves the nightwave system. it gives me and my friend a lot to do when we want to play, and the missions can be completed rather quickly if you play for more than an hour a day. That said: making it easier than needing about 60 (70%) participation would be helpful for everyone, and making the wolf creds not "precious" would also be good. I hate that I have to spend my wolf creds on nitain because there's no other reasonable way to get them. 

Edited by Zyga21
added context

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Do you understand that MR is a meaningless system? The only thing that it truly measures is "how many MR tests did you pass". 

Well, it`s used to gate weapons right now, it could as well be used to differentiate between challenges meant for low/mid/high players.
It`s fair to assume a new player is lower than MR5, a player who has played for some month around MR10, and a vet at least MR14.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I think that Steve indicated that what they're seeing is that the nightwave system is doing what it was meant to do.

I didn`t hear about that, but I have no doubt it worked to engage players for the time being.
Myself, I`ve probably spent twice the time on Warframe than I normaly would. I also never had less fun with it.
A short boost in generated playtime isn`t worth anything if you lose players in the long run.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And here's the thing that is most important, there's never been an event that lasted "forever". The alerts never waited for you ...

A looping cycle of daily/weekly events would do the exact same thing, call it "forever" or not.
You have to see that there is a difference between hourly Alerts, daily/weekly Challenges, and a 10 week event with a hard end.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Play at your own pace, by all means. But nobody is entitled to claim the rewards that they didn't earn. 

I don`t think I have seen a single post asking for that.
Everyone is discussing the format, not asking for free rewards.
(Sidenote, I am rank 28 right now, with enough left to do this week for 29. So it`s not about that.)

• Like 1

When NW was first introduced I was really excited. This felt fresh and interesting. It gave me something to do. Now, having ground all the way to the wolf armor set, I can still say that overall I think Nightwave is a very positive addition to the game, but it needs some tweaking. I enjoyed the story and the rewards, especially the Umbral Forma! Man, that is awesome! And rightfully, we only get one this time. I will say with confidence that NW is a HUGE improvement to the old alert system. It keeps me logging in and gives me a reason to do things I wouldn't normally do. The old alerts were totally dead for me.

Those of you complaining, please give it a rest! We are spoiled on Warframe. I think the devs do an excellent job of providing free content. There are other games that just downright punish you. I feel lucky to be walking away from this NW series with an umbra forma, 40k kuva, and 6 built forma. My time feels well spent. Nothing I've experience in warfame has left me feeling used or cheated, which is something I can't say for other games. I am very grateful to DE for their hard work, how they respond to the community, their creativity, and the awesome game that we all get to experience and co-create.

So, after finishing the Nightwave series, here is my personal feedback, in order of importance.

1. Let us choose our rewards. Similar to the login reward system, let us have three options at various tiers of value. Need a lot of Kuva, but don't need forma? No problem! It kind of sucks to earn rewards that you don't need.

2. Give us more time to complete the series. If I am on an extended vacation or if I have a family emergency I will be missing out on NW rewards. Granted, that should be the least of my problems, but lets not punish players for having a real life. Games should be fun, not work. Let us play the game at our own pace and allow for several weeks of inactivity. You should still reward those who have more time to spend on the game, but lets minimize players feeling left out, frustrated, and cheated out of exclusive rewards. The implications of this might just be 1 or 2 additional weeks for the series.

3. After series completion, let us continue to choose our rewards based on the aforementioned tier system. This essentially means that the reward progression is indefinite. Wolf creds are only useful to a point, especially for those of us who already have all of the items in the store. A small amount of wolf creds just doesn't feel satisfying. For me. Kuva, built forma, and rare arcanes are much more needed. When i got the armor set, I kinda stopped paying attention to NW acts. Giving players choices is a good thing.

4. Wolf spawn rates still feel pretty low. I didn't even see the wolf until very late in the series, and so far I have encountered only 4 spawns. One of which was right when my squad was extracting! Wolf troll FTW!! So, maybe we could purchase wolf beacons from the wolf cred store, or maybe when you capture fugitives there is a chance for the wolf to show up to protect them. I wish that killing the wolf provided at least 1k standing since it is such a grind to find and defeat him. All that work and luck and just a crappy drop really feels lame.

5. It would be nice to have a little more variety in the reward progression. Much of the cosmetic stuff felt like dead rewards to me. I'm just not into sigils and emotes. Armor sets, sure... but the rest tend to be disappointments. But that's just me. That's one reason why I suggest that you let us choose our rewards. Boosters, resources (10 Orokin cells?), even credits (maybe 3mil or so) are all useful and practical rewards that I would feel good about getting. What about deluxe skins (as a choice)? I don't own them all yet and that would be pretty cool. The options here are endless and the more the better. I would suggest adding so many different rewards that one couldn't get them all before the series was over, thereby motivating us to look forward to the next series.

6. Daily and weekly acts could be more varied and interesting. Overall I was pretty happy with the challenges, but they became repetitive. I think there might be some merit in discussing the possibility of the acts being a modular choice. Each act could have 2 or 3 modes that would satisfy it. I think this would alleviate some of the griping. In other words, there are multiple paths to rewards, instead of everything being "mandatory". "Forcing" players to play stealth when that isn't what they enjoy for example. I admit that it would be a challenge to present this in such a way that wasn't too messy or confusing, but I think it's worth some exploration. Lets have a brainstorm on new NW acts!!

7. As others have said, I don't think the "with friends/clanmates" condition is very helpful. 90% of the time, those friends are just going to be strangers you find on recruiting channel. It's an extra step that doesn't effectively address the issue you are targeting. I don't really have a great solution other than to simple remove the extra condition. It feels cumbersome. I think if you want to encourage clan collaboration there has to be other ways. How about providing different passive buffs if you are playing with a friend or clanmate? I don't know.

8. I would have liked to see even more focus on the story in the acts and rewards. Just simple things, or little details. Maybe the armor set has some special effect where fugitives or low level grineer fight for you instead. Maybe it boosts the damage of grineer weapons? Perhaps there is a secret message from the wolf located in the Saturn Six Scene. How about an act of "defeat the wolf using only melee weapons in under 5 minutes"  Wolf beacons for wolf creds I think are a must!

Edited by TenTonneSkeleton
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

1. Let us choose our rewards. Similar to the login reward system, let us have three options at various tiers of value. Need a lot of Kuva, but don't need forma? No problem! It kind of sucks to earn rewards that you don't need.

I like that. If the rewards were bound to a Standings-Shop, the fear of missing out would be reduced. You want only the umbra forma, and you dont have enough time in the 10 weeks period to get that deep into the reward levels? Go ahead and grab it first, will cost you a significant amount of standing, but you can get that item and then cherrypick what you want next, if you have the time to play that much. And you would stress out a lot less. I played many hours for stuff like a wolf salute I will likely NEVER use even once.

Just reached Nightwave Rank 30 - Finally! 
My one word feeling on nightwave: Work.
Nightwave feels like work. Work is not fun. I HATE having that fear-of-missing-out clinging in the back of my mind, forcing me to an extent to complete the nightwave acts. As soon as you're forced to complete something it's not as fun anymore.

My recommendation to change it: 

1. Give us two options per nightwave mission: ex. "Survive 60 minutes in survival with a friend OR Survive 40 minutes in a survival alone" This would be my ideal system. Give us an alternative for those really annoying missions (I despise the "Find all caches in Sabotage missions" mission)

2. Completely remove the prestige tier rewards. Give us an x amount of wolf creds for every tier, and allow us to purchase any and all rewards right from the get-go. So if someone only wants the wolf armor, they can do 2 tiers of nightwave, buy the armor and forget about it. 

I think they could have had the Wolf spawn on a specific planet during each weekly set of Challenges. For one week they could have had him spawn A LOT on Saturn, the next it would be a different planet. Maybe kinda have it fit his journey through the story until he's on the Planet with Alad V and all that. So that way people who didn't wanna deal with him, knew how to avoid him, and players who wanted to farm him, knew where to go. Throw out the BS drop table (the stupid mods), make him spawn often on an assigned planet, and call it a day. Perhaps make his parts buy-able with the wolf currency or something? I am sure there's so many good ideas in this thread by now, but I wanted to throw in my voice too. 

I love you DE, but I think you might've messed this one up a little bit.

Edited by Echo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Echo said:

I think they could have had the Wolf spawn on a specific planet during each weekly set of Challenges. For one week they could have had him spawn A LOT on Saturn, the next it would be a different planet. Maybe kinda have it fit his journey through the story until he's on the Planet with Alad V and all that. So that way people who didn't wanna deal with him, knew how to avoid him, and players who wanted to farm him, knew where to go. Throw out the BS drop table (the stupid mods), make him spawn often on an assigned planet, and call it a day.

^This. And also ^this again. Would've made so much more sense and be better for every player in this game.

9 hours ago, D1sTrust said:

Well, it`s used to gate weapons right now, it could as well be used to differentiate between challenges meant for low/mid/high players.
It`s fair to assume a new player is lower than MR5, a player who has played for some month around MR10, and a vet at least MR14.

Is it really safe to assume that? One of the things that I won't forget is seeing a post made by a player with a MR3 account asking if there's any way to bypass the mastery requirements for the junction, because they were doing a speed run. 

There's gating but again that only goes to about the mid teens. MR 5's aren't restricted from any game modes. They're granted access to everything outside of a few frames, weapons and rivens. 

I didn`t hear about that, but I have no doubt it worked to engage players for the time being.
Myself, I`ve probably spent twice the time on Warframe than I normaly would. I also never had less fun with it.
A short boost in generated playtime isn`t worth anything if you lose players in the long run.

And inventing numbers for "potential losses" doesn't mean that the numbers will actually go that way. Steve mentioned how much hate he's seeing coming from aspects of NW. But he said that in spite of that the numbers were very positive. 

A looping cycle of daily/weekly events would do the exact same thing, call it "forever" or not.
You have to see that there is a difference between hourly Alerts, daily/weekly Challenges, and a 10 week event with a hard end.

Yes, I do see that. However I don't see any issue with a 10 week event that we only need to complete 60-65 % of to earn all of the rewards. As the event currently stands, we could complete tier 30 with no elite challenges at all, or could finish with a month to spare by doing 4 elite challenges along with the dailies and weeklies. 

I don`t think I have seen a single post asking for that.
Everyone is discussing the format, not asking for free rewards.
(Sidenote, I am rank 28 right now, with enough left to do this week for 29. So it`s not about that.)

I have seen several requests for pay2win. The thread is over 100 pages long. People asked for it from the start. 

People also complain about how the format means not being able to miss a couple of weeks, despite many people having had a month to spare. 

The format gives us ample time to proceed at a leisurely pace, score the majority of our points on whatever planet we want, to pick and choose which challenges suit us. 

Again it's a simple equation, complete challenges, earn standing, earn 300k standing during the event, get all the tiers of rewards. If someone can't or won't do that, then there's no reasonable expectation of a "right" to be rewarded. Win or lose, we'll all have another chance after the event ends when the next one starts. 👍

The Problem i have with this Nightwave thing is that its another syndicate grind more or less but you are also limited to the amount of rep ur getting, its just a disguised syndicate. another problem with it is how its time gated and your major progress in it lies in weekly challenges which i miss out on a lot due to having to travel a lot, i only get like 1 day a week if that and have missed out on multiple weeks of it. I have barely even reached half way and im apparently expected to get to rank 30. I'm at the point in the game were something like the umbra forma is my only sort of progression for me and its locked behind a grind wall i have to be stupid active to achieve. its as if i am to be punished because im not a child anymore and don't have time in my life to actually play the game, iv been playing the game since pretty much release on both PC and when Xbox came out i moved to that and iv never felt well so hopeless that the sense of progression i can do is time gated syndicate that resets itself, its as if the hardcore community is only what the game is about at this point and sure maybe please them but throwing out a bunch of ur players because they have lives and cant dedicate themselves to your game anymore is rude.

The only thing i guess i can suggest would be:

- Allow progress to be carried over into next season of it and until one get to rank 30 in it they cannot progress to next season or something

- Allow us to use our wolf credits to buy levels something like i guess 10 per level

- Alternatively let us just buy the rewards we wanted or give us a single pick of what we wanted from all of the rewards at the end of the season that we didn't reach, this i believe would allow people like me that have barely any time to play what we wanted even if it was one item some sort of closure

I use to be a hardcore player playing every day nearly but now that i am out of school and have a life i feel like i am just getting punished digging my own hole and being buried and forgotten about in it

• Like 1