Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

1 hour ago, ReaverKane said:

and fix it so that mobs don't scale into immortal bullet sponges that can one-hit everything and survive full clips of the most powerful guns in the game.

I thought that was the point of Endurance running, to push Enemies TO that point and still take them out with your Cheese "Pro-Skills". To break the math of the game in your favor and prove you can do it.

Edited by Tangent-Valley

7 minutes ago, Ely.I said:

Not everything needs to be accessible for new players. I have committed 5 years already to the game how about a little challenge? 99% of the game is accessible to new players, I don't mind if this isn't, increase your skills, adjust your gameplay, aim to be better. and No 60 minutes is not "tons of time" if you don't enjoy it doesn't mean others won't, I had a blast with the survival challenge. Speak for yourself always.

Yes, but this is replacing the Alert system, which was for new players ANYWAYS.

Im all for adding challenge to the game, but not in this time gated content. Find your challenge in arbitrations where you can continue to get C rotation rewards.

• Like 4

Just now, simplygnome said:

Yes, but this is replacing the Alert system, which was for new players ANYWAYS.

Im all for adding challenge to the game, but not in this time gated content. Find your challenge in arbitrations where you can continue to get C rotation rewards.

You're right, and I do agree with this point, it's not a good replacement for survivals, rewards wise. Specially when it comes to credits for new players

• Like 1

Me and my favorite guy attempted the 60 minute Kuva Survival run twice now, and both times one of us had a Nekros, and both times we ran out of Life Support around the 35 minute mark. There's simply not enough enemies and not enough small Life Supports. I'm not sure if maybe this challenge was designed based on spawns for a 4-person party, but if it was, that's not cool. It makes Survival not the best choice for an endurance challenge. Maybe consider Defense or Excavation instead.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ely.I said:

Not everything needs to be accessible for new players. I have committed 5 years already to the game how about a little challenge? 99% of the game is accessible to new players, I don't mind if this isn't, increase your skills, adjust your gameplay, aim to be better. and No 60 minutes is not "tons of time" if you don't enjoy it doesn't mean others won't, I had a blast with the survival challenge. Speak for yourself always.

A system that replaces alerts, a crucial progression system for new and midgame players, absolutely needs to be accessible to new players. The current system doesn't work as well for getting auras, nitain or basic cosmetics. 

Also this stuff still isn't hard. DE doesn't know how to create actual challenge, just tedium. 

Edited by ENGINEEEEER
  • Like 3

Survivals/Endless - Anything more than 30 minutes is too much investment in 1 mission when there are so many to do. Newer players still have to find time to do standing -everywhere- as well as nightwave. Not to mention, if you are unwell like I am, 60 minutes unable to move without risk of failing your team is really quite terrible.

I don't even know if anyone in my clan wants to bother with this weeks 60 minute runs, because it's just too much, too boring for too little return. The same reasons we dont do anything longer than 30 minute endless anywhere else.

Friend Challenges - Definitely need these just removed. If you don't want solo players there should never of been an option to play that way. It's too late to take it off us now. 😛

Bosses/Field Bosses and the weapons tied to them - Still never even seen him. Not even once. And apparently there is a weapon tied to him. For someone who has everything and can't even TRY to get a drop this is concerning and somewhat frustrating since I have no idea when, if at all, it will be available to get again.

Wolf Creds - Simply not enough of them. They shouldn't be locked to tiers.

New Player Letdowns - Yes they might of missed alerts at times, but they would eventually get vital things like auras, and they did not have to grind to "pay the game" for them with some kinda new currency. New players shouldnt be paying for auras and nitain - period.

I used to do random aura alerts whenever I saw them so I could GIVE new players auras and so on. Do you think I will be spending the tiny amount of creds I get on freebies for people I don't even know now? Easy answer is no.

Fun Extras

PVP - Please just don't ever even consider adding pvp to these. Just don't lol.

• Like 2

Let’s just say it:

Nightwave is not a replacement for Alerts.

It’s being treated as one because it swallowed the Alerts reward pool, but it’s functionally just an overhaul of the mission Challenges (e.g. use your first ability 5 times). As that, it’s a fine thing, but it doesn’t offer any of what Alerts offered. If Alerts are going to die for this, it needs to be able to actually replace them.

The “Shop” is a great idea. Grinding up some currency to spend on my choice of rewards is superior to waiting for a given reward alert to pop up. I think if I was given a choice to grind Alerts for alert-standing and then buy Nitain, I would be happy. But being told instead that I have to deploy a glyph, do 10 Syndicate missions, complete a Sortie, kill 100 enemies with heat damage, crack 3 relics, kill 10 enemies while sliding, and then do a 1 hour Kuva Survival, etc JUST FOR ONE PAYOUT OF ALERT STANDING makes me unhappy.

The thing that kills me is, you already have a competently-designed Syndicate/Standing system in place. Why not use it? Kill Wolf Creds and just let me spend my standing directly on the shop, just like the way every single other thing involving “standing” works in Warframe. Give me random time-limited “Nightwave Syndicate” missions for quick, routine standing gain, in addition to the special challenges. Instead of emulating the Battle Pass to a T, use the design sensibilities you already have in Warframe to create a similar system that makes sense.

If I were to re-design Nightwave, I would do it like a normal Syndicate:

-replace “daily challenges” with “daily missions”, which work like Syndicate missions/old Alerts (for 1k standing)

-keep “weekly challenges” as they are, major standing rewards basically required to really “max out”

-use the Warframe standard “accelerating tiers” structure of standing to make it progressively harder to rank up. Rank 1 stuff (available without “sacrifice”) should be the basic Alert rewards. Higher tier offerings should be locked behind higher tiers, with stuff like Umbral Forma requiring Rank 5 to purchase. Purchase prices would be set so that reaching Rank 5 and buying every unique item would require roughly the 300k standing it currently requires to “prestige”, with allowances made for both “couldn’t complete X challenge” and “spent 1k standing on Nitain”.

-Rank up “sacrifices” would be increasing numbers of some item dropped by Fugitives, etc., which would no longer reward standing.

this would keep much of the existing structure (especially the FOMO aspect, which I know is something the dev team is likely very keen on) while leaving something similar enough to “Alerts” as they existed to make it accessible to new players. It would also help tie the logic and mechanics of Nightwave to the existing Standing/Syndicate system, which helps promote a cohesive concept of Warframe’s core gameplay systems and ties stuff like Ostron/Solaris standing and Syndicate standing into an immediately-visible system that new players will see and learn about right away.

Nightwave is alright to me. It's something to do after the long content drought. And it got me back into it after being on and off for a few months. I have a couple of issues though. 

Friends- You guys already know about this one, but my problem with it is that it adds nothing to the difficulty. It's the same. I team up with a random, friend them and do the run. Adds absolutely nothing to difficulty except if the "friend" doesn't have my level of experience. I'll see people in trade chat asking to do friend and do the missions and they're Mastery Rank is low. And it's stressful playing missions with them. They want to do a 60 min Kuva Survival with no Life Support and they still think Ember is a high level DPS frame. (Joke on that Reddit post I saw). But really, it's kinda awkward and stressful because they don't have the skills and I don't want to be rude and tell them "Hey, you're not gonna survive this mission unless I carry you with extreme skill and experience I have. And even then, we might fail because of how much you lack". If the point of the friendship bounties is to force high ranking older players that just came back because sweet content finally rained down, to carry inexperienced players, then alright. Good job then, because it's actually difficult carrying these guys. 

More on the Kuva Survival- You guys are probably tired of it, but I think I have a view point not seen yet. I did that mission twice. I completely it the first time with random people after friending one of them of course. Had an MR 10, and two MR 21. Ah, I'm MR 26 (if you couldn't tell). Anyways, we completed the mission with a lot of effort from me. It was a Frost, Nidus and Oberon for some reason. And me as Nekros. I out damaged the Nidus by over 10% which is a problem but it's alright since only me and him did over 25% each, so we carried basically. The mission was dreadfully boring and stressful for me. Also difficult because I was doing the most carrying. It just wasn't fun, which is weird because why else would I play the game right? Anyways I did the mission again with a long time friend of mine. Same level of experience as me, knows what he's doing for sure. God, that was actually fun for me. Had him on Limbo, a Nidus and a Frost. Didn't out damage the Nidus which is great and everyone was doing well. But it was actually fun with my actual friend. I wasn't stressed out at all because I knew he was gonna cover for me and for the rest of the team if anything went wrong. So my point in this is honestly, don't make us do missions that most people won't play for long periods of time. For example, don't force us to play Defection which probably no one plays. 

Sortie- Not exactly a problem with Nightwave, but kinda. Sortie today had us play Defection. I was the only one that knew what was going on and how to actually play the mission. They didn't know to press x on them to have them move. Not that I blame them for that. I'm probably the only one that did the little Event when it was introduced. So again, don't have us do these things. It's just harder for the older players because we have to carry. And yeah, I did the carry there.

ESO - If it's an Elite bounty, it should be for 8 waves. 3 waves is nothing. 

Cred Offerings- I guess that's for new players right? Nothing interesting for people like me. Probably just because I'm not much of a Fashion frame guy. The Nitain is nice though. Also, why's the ornament cost so much. I'd be nice if it was less. My problem is that there isn't anything new in there for people that have the cosmetics or people that don't have the cosmetics because they just aren't interested in it (me). But if it's for new players mainly, alright that's fine. No problem really. 

I think that's my only problems. Which I guess my main problem is that I as someone who has played for a long while, has to carry people and that it's generally boring. I guess I should play it solo, but that's even less fun. 

Despite all the things here. I do like the event. It's something to do you know.

The kuva survival mission isn't something most casual players can do easily. A team of us went in with some pretty hefty builds for supporting our Nekros.
Two of us DC'd during, but we were able to reconnect via ALT+F4 then relaunching the game so we were not forced into a host migration.

As a Veteran who has been hear from the beggining I have loved the new Nightwave Alerts.

It has brought me back into the game, gives me a challenge, and gives me something to work on and toward. Which I enjoy. @[DE]Bear Please tell the team that for me and most of my clan we have loved this new system and the loot that comes with it. At a time where we were all ready to quit the game due to burn out this gave it new life.

Only the ayatan sculpture one I found irritating. But being able to get TWO challenges done in one sitting instead of having to do a 1 hour survival twice was really fun. I had some friends and toward the end with 75% life support left we had to stand back to back just to survive while giving everything we got and picking each other up. It was glorious and we all enjoyed it.

22 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

Me and my favorite guy attempted the 60 minute Kuva Survival run twice now, and both times one of us had a Nekros, and both times we ran out of Life Support around the 35 minute mark. There's simply not enough enemies and not enough small Life Supports. I'm not sure if maybe this challenge was designed based on spawns for a 4-person party, but if it was, that's not cool. It makes Survival not the best choice for an endurance challenge. Maybe consider Defense or Excavation instead.

You both simply didnt have high enough KPS to support LS (KPS meaning kills per second) if you want to duo you need a somewhat high KPS nothing out of the world, but it seems yours was way too low. I did it as nekros with a friend that went as saryn, needless to say saryn is amazing for KPS

Edited by Ely.I

Where to start... Your "problem" is, that Warframe allows a wide variety of playstyles. Soloists, group players, casuals, endurance players, speed runners, grinders... People are free to find one or more niches they enjoy, and avoid things they don't find enjoyable. But if you want to get the cosmetics and the much coveted umbral forma, a lot of people will have to start doing things, they don't enjoy. It seems like you want players to move out of their comfort zones, but is that worth risking alienation and burnout?

59 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:
  • Ayatan Challenges - too RNG dependent.

Personally, I didn't find this too off-putting. I run a lot of missions solo, and comb through every nook and cranny of a map a lot of the time, so I find sculptures quite often. It is obvious, that a lot of people don't play this way, and the demand for empty sculptures was quite high the first week. So instead of "Pay-to-Sleep", the new initiative turned it into "Pay-to-Play-the-Way-You-Want".

• Survival Challenges - too long in one sitting. 

I got a lot of old injuries and arthritis, and have problems with playing for too long at a time. So those challenges are a no-go for me right off the bat. Endurance runs aren't for everyone, and it is odd, that DE on one hand insists on the need for "bite-sized" content, and on the other pushes players towards endurance challenges. On top of that, during the missions for Saryn relics the last three weekends, I saw quite a few clueless players, who will have severe problems with survival missions where they have to rely on Desecrate/Pilfering Swarm. I dutifully met up with my Nekros, and everybody else was tearing through mobs in the far corners of the map, far from where I could generate the extra life support. So no, I'm not going to bother doing those endurance runs.

On top of that, the "no life-support" contrivance also opens up for some major griefing. All it takes is a single activation at the 55-59 minute mark, and no amount of howling will bring that lost hour back.

• Friend / Clan Challenges - "I have no friends/my friends don't play Warframe". 

A lot of people playing video games are introverts, and don't really enjoy the "fill-up-friendslist-with-random-people" game. Again we're talking about pushing people out of their comfort zones and into activities they might not enjoy. I guess we'll see exactly how much people enjoy Warframe, when they have to deal with this.

And, as mentioned before, this can be circumvented through temporary "friends". So... why even bother with these extra hoops?

Today, Monday, I have one weekly left to do, the one involving rare mods. The two endurance challenges I won't touch. The 10 perfect catches I won't bother with either. I'm not into poophunting, and having to do this over and over and over again is not my idea of fun. So now I have one daily challenge a day to look forward to until next monday.

Perhaps if instead of just one daily, we had two or three, the Nightwave content won't feel so lumped up around the start of the week. It would also give a little flexibility to people, who can't or won't do some of the harder challenges.

• Like 1

Biggest let down for me since i started playing Warframe. It's a good idea to begin with, Nightwave changes the old alert system. I «invested» 2 hours in it but I already knew I wouldn't like it.
Most of it has been already said I guess : back then alerts would give more (nitains especially), now you need to hit prestige first to get the same amount per day, now it would take weeks to get a couple before achieving prestige.
Bounties are aimed toward the average player. It shouldn't be bad in fact, but it is ; New players can't complete them all. Old players are forced to grind old content which doesn't give them anything anymore for extended periods of time every three days/every week.

As of me, in all this, only the Umbral Forma interests me. Lvl 29. Alright, i won't farm for it. I play several games at once, and all of them at their endgame. In none of them would you be asked to do beginners missions to get endgame content. For most high ends builds using Umbra mods, you would need at least 2. Which mean you would be grindind two seasons of Nightwave, so 6 months for a single build.

Get Umbra Forma out of Nightwave, create content for it. With it, you could tease the next story chapter after Sacrifice ; give us Sentient themed missions. They are coming, why wait for a new codex quest ? Make it an event, twist sorties so they have a chance to be invaded by sentients, make the plains have Sentients coming to try and put together the eidolons back and we have to stop them, make sentients attacks on Nef Anyo so he's so desperate he begs tenno to help him ?

Anyway, if there is endgame loot, it should be in endgame content. (Orb & Eidolon hunts are close but are not endgame, Long survivals aren't either) 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

A system that replaces alerts, a crucial progression system for new and midgame players, absolutely needs to be accessible to new players. The current system doesn't work as well for getting auras, nitain or basic cosmetics. 

Also this stuff still isn't hard. DE doesn't know how to create actual challenge, just tedium. 

As i told you speak for yourself, ALWAYS.

I agree that it's a poor replacement for alerts, but I don't agree that it needs to be accessible, they just need to bring alerts back together with it

I think one mistake you did was to make not only one, but two Elite Weeklies of the exact same type. I understand that the thought behind was to "kill two birds with one stone", but it only serves to further alienate those who don't wish to do endurance runs, or maybe don't have the capacity to do them. There's also the issue that "endurance runs" themselves aren't really an in-game thing, it's a player-made meta thing that people do for novelty's sake. The enemies get harder but the rewards stay the same. As long as it stays this way it feels hard to justify one hour long quests.

17 minutes ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

As a Veteran who has been hear from the beggining I have loved the new Nightwave Alerts.

It has brought me back into the game, gives me a challenge, and gives me something to work on and toward. Which I enjoy. @[DE]Bear Please tell the team that for me and most of my clan we have loved this new system and the loot that comes with it. At a time where we were all ready to quit the game due to burn out this gave it new life.

Only the ayatan sculpture one I found irritating. But being able to get TWO challenges done in one sitting instead of having to do a 1 hour survival twice was really fun. I had some friends and toward the end with 75% life support left we had to stand back to back just to survive while giving everything we got and picking each other up. It was glorious and we all enjoyed it.

so, you were all ready to quit and the challenges kept you in game, right?

the challenges, which are practically, go do the same things we have done many times over for a reward, right?

ok, cool, no worries, but i am afraid you will be burned out of this rather quickly, coz simply it is not a new content, it is content directing you to an existing content.

you will do it once, twice, trice, after a bit it will get old again.

hell, the new content even gets old after a bit, not the content we have already done many times over.

also, do you think the challenges are a nice alert replacement then?

shouldn't they coexist?

alerts being noobie friendly and all.

and challenges, for the more progressed players if they want some more rewards and challenges on the side?

Edited by No1Eye

I'm probably the kind of player that DE has in mind with many of these challenges - I'm in a large, active clan, I play a little every day, I have access to the relevant content being presented as challenges, and I'm always looking for more ways to approach the game. I cleared last week at 100%, and am on track to do the same this week.

So, I really don't like how this is going so far. As a standalone system, it locks out new players from making meaningful progress while encouraging burnout in veterans. It helps nobody.

Things like Tridolon fights and Kuva tileset runs mean that newbies are locked out of a lot of ways to gain meaningful standing and (thus) cred - even things like eximus kills can be hard to scrape together for them - when the system is specifically supposed to be helping them. What's the overlap between "can do a Hydrolyst hunt" and "doesn't have Energy Siphon"? If a new player (understandably) can't get enough standing in a week to get the aura or blueprint they want, how many weeks do they have to wait before it's back in rotation?

As a vet, many of the challenges so far in this system strike me the wrong way. A sixty minute kuva survival with a skilled crew isn't challenging, it's a tedious waiting game. Bagging a Tridolon means being on at the right time of day while in the mood to commit to a more serious, coordinated engagement than the usual ninja slaughter. Requiring the filling of Ayatans just punishes players that already keep theirs filled. And I've got an the auras and Vauban parts and Pangolin Sword blueprints I'll ever need - the skins are cool and who couldn't use more potatoes, but for me and my ilk the credit store is all "want", no "need". That's a bit of a problem when the reward for prestige is "more cred"

The repeated line is that you can still reach thirty by getting sixty-ish percent of the available standing, but because of how elites are weighted that means doing basically every other challenge over the entire ten week period. All of this is giving me a weird anxiety that feels alien to Warframe, even in the usual context of time limited events. It's like, I could carry around a ping-pong ball all day every day, but the moment you told me that I had to carry it for two months straight and if I dropped it I wouldn't get my reptilian backbrain tingles in May, that ball just got a pound heavier. I dunno. It's not the relationship I want with this game.

The biggest issue with the Acts system is that it feels like the thing that should be giving you the supplemental standing, that there should be an actual event happening with alerts and objectives and something to do. Take the Acolyte tracker but cross out "Acolyte" with a felt pen and write "Wolf" next to it. Launch old-style alerts that give wolf creds and standings instead of spendy credits and plastids. Give us some sort of focal point that directly grants Nightwave rewards, with the challenges being a bonus that doles out incremental incentives to keep you playing (and not to punish you for taking a break).

Nightwave, as a foundation for storytelling and rewarding the player, is fantastic. I have nothing but good to say about Nora, the Wolf of Saturn Six, and I'm excited to see where this concept goes. But right now, it feels like you're not giving us any real tests and are instead expecting us to make our grade entirely based on extra credit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Devz1 said:

I think one mistake you did was to make not only one, but two Elite Weeklies of the exact same type. I understand that the thought behind was to "kill two birds with one stone", but it only serves to further alienate those who don't wish to do endurance runs, or maybe don't have the capacity to do them. There's also the issue that "endurance runs" themselves aren't really an in-game thing, it's a player-made meta thing that people do for novelty's sake. The enemies get harder but the rewards stay the same. As long as it stays this way it feels hard to justify one hour long quests.

The endurance was on the kuva tileset, which is the only endurance that does rewards for playing longer rather than quitting and repeating.

I love the idea of a daily/weekly system in theory, but in practice it means that we NEED to play every single day or miss out in the rewards. I think the harder challenger should be worth a lot more than currently, maybe 20k-30k standing for the extremely difficult ones, so casual players can do the earlier ones for fun, and the more extreme players can do the harder ones to reach the stretch rewards. 

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

It was nice having something that was more than the usual "Rotation C and restart" structure. I hope more challenges are available to fit the "Elite" tag for some challenges. Thank you for the transparency though, and I await more changes to the system.

Will there be dedicated missions like Syndicate dailies to be more interesting than capturing hundreds of fugitive groups? This would also be cool to have dedicated spawns for the Wolf through some additional linear grind.

EDIT:

To address this, the majority of the playerbase who will participate in this system would put challenges like "10 perfect conservation" as the Elite mode (not to be rude). The problem of trying to fill everyone's niche is impossible due to the variety of difficulties people play at, and the overwhelming majority being more casual. If Elite challenges are to be truly elite, we should have way more challenges so that the casual player can get 30 easily and the experienced can get it efficiently. If the challenges are too hard, there will be complaints until its mind-numbing (see Repeller Systems, Vauban Prime, attempts at Hema reduction, Focus grind). From my observation, the majority don't want grind and want to be handed the items quickly.

Hot take. I am actually enjoying this Nightwave series. @Voltage pretty much sums up my thoughts about the 'backlash'. However, I found the one hour missions to be a great deal of fun and a nice breath of fresh air from only a few minutes or waves and extract. It saddens me to see such disdain when you are given a week to do it and it is in no means an unreasonable task for an Elite Challenge. As I was completing it with a friend yesterday in a Discord call I actually had a glimmer of hope for other Elite Challenges of a similar caliber for Defense, Interception, Excavation, etc. I am fond of the reward tiers and I do not mind completing challenges to progress in it. I enjoy having it ask me to re-visit content I would not normally do and having some challenges blend into my existing routine. I would actually argue that some of the challenges need to require more for completion, but I'm sure I'll get enough pitchforks raised as is. Overall I am also enjoying a sense of direction and a reason to log-in and play. This is the biggest point for me as my friend who plays a large portion less than I do feels more incentive to log-in and spend time playing than he ever has before. 

I do think a few parts could be adjusted and re-balanced. There needs to be at least 1-2 more daily challenges generated per day for more casual/new players (perhaps this would appease them from not feeling too bad about Elite Challenges). Some weeklies I find should be considered Daily Challenges such as "Open 3 Relics". It'd be nice to get an extra 1-2 Elite Missions per week as well as I look forward to those the most. The Wolf Cred amount given/required to purchase items could use some adjustment to be a little more friendly to casual/newer players and perhaps the addition of Warframe/Weapon slots and Exilus Adapters in the Cred Offerings would be beneficial as well, it could be capped at a purchase limit of one or two if you feel uneasy about adding those to Cred Offerings per season. I hope in your changes you will keep the spirit of the system intact and make positive decisions in improving it.  

Edited by Vindictive.

Some acts like survival and the hydrolyst I am skipping simply because I really don't find that kind of gameplay fun and it restricts certain types of players from being able to complete it. I could sit for an hour but the chances of my connection dropping, failing it at 50 minutes in, getting trolled somehow by someone activating a life support on accident all of these outcomes are too frustrating for me to even want to try it. 

I think for the elite rewards it is fine if they remain elite and challenging or reserved for certain types of players but if that is the case then you shouldn't restrict the nightwave rewards on the basis of elite challenges. Right now you get 28k per week doing the normal daily and weekly without any elite missions. You need 30k on average to be able to hit the goal for rank 30 over a ten week period. I would increase the standing for the normal weekly or daily missions so it is possible to get all the rewards without needing any of the elite challenges. Then you can make elite challenges whatever you want for the people that just want additional cred and prestige. 

So the options would be to make elite challenges more accessible to all player types or simply increase the point value so elite challenges are optional. 

Other good ideas that would make people happy or improve the system would be to make elite missions cumulative. So you can do survival in 5 minute chunks for a total hour over the course of a week if you really don't have time or have other problems preventing sitting for 1 hour. 

I also think the ability to reroll or choose an elite mission every week would be good if you somehow don't want to do any of the 3 options.

I think right now nightwave the system and concept is fine but the implementation is lacking because the design is trying to appeal to veterans and new players alike and failing both of them in different ways. The best part in warframe is being able to play the way you want and nightwave was supposed to offer a progression and rewards path for your normal day to day playing but now it is limiting the scope of how you play by requiring nightwave missions for progression. Even a simple daily like killing enemies with cold damage for example. I have a frost and a glaxion I finished the daily in one mission no problem. A new player is being thrust into this system with no real explanation may not even have a max rank cold damage mod for a weapon it is going to take considerably longer for them to finish. 

• Like 2

I think that everything from a nightwave is a nice addition to the game. The challenges are kinda diversified and can give a goal for veterans players.. Most arent that challenging for veterans, but I can see the point of them being hard for newer players.  Some people may find boring some challenges, but they need to both please veterans and new players and this is what nightwave is accomplishing. I would just add that you need to get some easier challenge or make more challenges for newer players, because at it stands, the newer players would never get to rank 30..  

And also  put aura mods and nightmare mods back on alerts and keep them at the same time as rewards for nightwave.  These thing are super needed for new players

Edit : i had a blast doing the 1h survival personally.. But it not for everyone.. I think that both alert and nightwave can coexist with each others.   

Edit 2: For the love of god stop putting MR related thing on some field bosses (Wolf Sledge hammer piece are almost unobtainable atm) and you need to up his spawn rate by a lot..  @[DE]Bear

Edited by MunsuLight
  • Like 2