Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acersecomic

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

6 hours ago, Roobarb said:

How?! He showed up four times yesterday for me. And appeared to target me over the other players every time. I'm beginning to think there's something personal about it. 😣

I have no idea why he has never appeared, I have been on almost every night trying to squeeze Nightwave missions in, now at level 27, farming relics, and forma'd a Mk1 braton 7 times and leveled two frames to 30. One if them Forma'd twice.

But never seen the Wolf in any matches. Mostly pub games too, a handful of solo, inc Ceres seimeni to wave 10 and 15.

11 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

You don't need specific setups to fight the stalker, g3 or zanuka

I think that might just be exactly the problem DE tried to address by introducing this new assassin. The old ones aren't dangerous enough to be interesting anymore.

when levelling (assuming you can) you can take an archgun (with crit/radiation) but even that isn't exactly hugely effective in my experience, which is kind of comical considering it's supposed to take down a big ass orb mother....  wolfie could have been another reason to bother with getting gravimags

That I do agree with. It seems pretty obvious to me that bosses and minibosses should be more vulnerable to heavy guns (or, more accurately, their additional non-armor-based damage reduction should not apply to heavy guns). I guess it didn't occur to DE.

the point still remains that if you want to beat the wolf in an effective and timely manner you do need a setup specifically aimed at killing him

You don't really need a whole setup; like I said, one decent gun is enough. And that's exactly why I like him. You have to actually think ahead a little bit, he's not completely irrelevant. He's also an interesting indirect way of making the rest of the game more challenging, since now you might want to run a gun that's not optimal against other enemies.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not but wolfie (and others) spawn more frequently when you're running lower level items

Yes, I'm aware a lot of people suffer from this particular case of confirmation bias. I don't buy it for a second.

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

I think that might just be exactly the problem DE tried to address by introducing this new assassin. The old ones aren't dangerous enough to be interesting anymore.

That I do agree with. It seems pretty obvious to me that bosses and minibosses should be more vulnerable to heavy guns (or, more accurately, their additional non-armor-based damage reduction should not apply to heavy guns). I guess it didn't occur to DE.

You don't really need a whole setup; like I said, one decent gun is enough. And that's exactly why I like him. You have to actually think ahead a little bit, he's not completely irrelevant. He's also an interesting indirect way of making the rest of the game more challenging, since now you might want to run a gun that's not optimal against other enemies. 

Yes, I'm aware a lot of people suffer from this particular case of confirmation bias. I don't buy it for a second.

They could buff the old ones a little and adjust the wolf to be above g3 but imo below stalker, or at least make him take more damage from aps/archguns so it doesn't take 30ish minutes if you're not running a 'meta'.  My view is simple in that you shouldn't need to be running a 'meta' for a 'mini boss', you should be able to kill them with anything weapon that you've optimised for the mission type etc.

Taking more than one weapon when levelling is highly inefficient, which I'm sure you know, so saying take another actually means making things take longer, which is not ideal (I've been using titania while I've been levelling)

That necessity to use specific gear against the wolf also leading to people just quitting if the wolf turns up because they know it's going to take too long, which then in turn can cause issues for others in the squad etc.

Confirmation bias... yes and no, while it might be confirmation bias in some people's eyes, my own experiences (and others) do seem to correlate with the idea that they come more often when you're with lower level gear.  Just yesterday I was levelling with just a catchmoon pistol and an amp (had a booster so making use of it) and wolfie spawned 3/4 times for me, a stalker and suda all spawned in about 8 missions...  yes wolfies spawn has supposedly been buffed but prior to that when I was running full level gear I hadn't seen him in 2-3 weeks, actually iirc I hadn't seen syndicates or stalker in that time either.... no point comparing with zanuka and g3 as they're quite rare to appear in my experience.

Equipping Paracesis fully geared for Radiation as a backup allowed me to deal with him much better whenever he decided to appear.

4 hours ago, denis-ldv said:

Nope. Nova's AMD (fully charged) deals 20K-50K damage to him depending on his armor state and level

Can you prime him? I was speed running on a speedva build one time when Wolf showed up. He died in 2 bullets with the 1st one taking 75% of his health off without stripping his armour first, something I've never repeated. I'm now wondering if I molecular primed him.

It's not a challenge if we aren't anticipating it though, like if I was abruptly awoken from my sleep and challenged to fight a toddler, I would probably fall over and lose just because I'm tired and don't want to deal with it, not because fighting a toddler is difficult. 

Fighting the wolf is not challenging in a sense that it requres skill, it just requires you to anticipate the fight every mission(4~6% chance to creep up on you), as well as prepare some dps cheese for it. But we shouldn't be expected to bring a certain build everywhere we go right? And if they decide to add more assassins like these, are we expected to bring a certain build for each and every one of these bullet sponges? 

There is a fine line for the difficulty of bosses, and all the wolf has proven is that DE has not nailed it yet. With further tweaks I'm sure it will improve, but as of right now it's just a pain in the ass that is not rewarding at all.

The Wolf is too tanky for no good reason, that's bad game design. Also he's a boss but doesn't have a pattern and he just one shot squishy frames all day because you don't have an specific time frame to damage him and be able to evade his attacks. 

DE need to address this with their humanoid bosses.. Their movement also glitch alot, I hate when they run like the Looney Toons swiping the floor on spot and then glitch out and appear on the other side of the map.

I don't want to run all my missions with a tank frame for fear of the long as hell Wolf battle.. Hell, I solo'd him with a ungilded dagger zaw but only because I was playing Godnaros. Doubt I could have done that with Nova or Volt.

BALANCE. THE. BOSS. TO. ALL. PLAYSTYLES

Just now, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

The Wolf is too tanky for no good reason, that's bad game design. Also he's a boss but doesn't have a pattern and he just one shot squishy frames all day because you don't have an specific time frame to damage him and be able to evade his attacks. 

DE need to address this with their humanoid bosses.. Their movement also glitch alot, I hate when they run like the Looney Toons swiping the floor on spot and then glitch out and appear on the other side of the map.

I don't want to run all my missions with a tank frame for fear of the long as hell Wolf battle.. Hell, I solo'd him with a ungilded dagger zaw but only because If was playing Godnaros. Doubt I could have done that with Nova or Volt.

BALANCE. THE. BOSS. TO. ALL. PLAYSTYLES

I've killed him on a glass cannon nova, a limbo, a loki, inaros and frost so far. Frame doesn't matter, operator solves that.

Just now, denis-ldv said:

Nope. Only his pack.

Hmm, no idea how it happened then lol. Thanks for the confirmation.

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I've killed him on a glass cannon nova, a limbo, a loki, inaros and frost so far. Frame doesn't matter, operator solves that.

Yeah, I just read you 2 shot him. Mind telling your setup?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Yeah, I just read you 2 shot him. Mind telling your setup?

I've only ever 2 shot him one time and I didn't even see what level he was because it was over too fast. Most of the time he's dead in about 2 clips or about 40 seconds, that includes the times he visited me in Kuva floods at level 65. Usually my cat is present and uses sharpened claws to strip his armour. Then I just put bullets into him. I won't pretend this isn't a pretty modded setup but even without the riven it'll do stupid damage to him. The mod you can't see is Point Strike.

KJBLsgb.png

Fixed, that's the right build. Also recommend Magus elevate or repair and lockdown.

Il y a 10 heures, Zilchy a dit :

Yeh screw game variety. I should be able to sneeze on any opponent in the game, I've been playing for a whole month now! I should be elite and capable of sneering at every assassin and boss!

/s

i get your point but when a lvl 70 wolf shows up it isnt too fun (i mostly play in public matchmaking), take freaking ages to kill off him, so basically i have to constantly run with khora and corinth incase he shows up, which is a bit annyoing. not everyone is endgame geared.

2 minutes ago, makaloff95 said:

i get your point but when a lvl 70 wolf shows up it isnt too fun (i mostly play in public matchmaking), take freaking ages to kill off him, so basically i have to constantly run with khora and corinth incase he shows up, which is a bit annyoing. not everyone is endgame geared.

You honestly only need to bring one thing to kill him with. I've killed him with my beloved sniper rifle but I've also killed him with my Guandao and Pyrana Prime(go figure they're both slash-based and should be weak), my catchmoon and my archgun. Most of my clan mates have wrecked him with whatever melee they happen to be carrying at the time, you don't need to mod your entire loadout, all that does is speed up kill times, just like it does for anything else in the game.

Gitgud. I'm praising the fact that this guy is hard. Also the only issue I have with him is the missions like waves not registering him as an enemy so I could kill him in time when I was leveling weapons up. But otherwise I welcome the tankiness of the wolf

7 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

You honestly only need to bring one thing to kill him with. I've killed him with my beloved sniper rifle but I've also killed him with my Guandao and Pyrana Prime(go figure they're both slash-based and should be weak), my catchmoon and my archgun. Most of my clan mates have wrecked him with whatever melee they happen to be carrying at the time, you don't need to mod your entire loadout, all that does is speed up kill times, just like it does for anything else in the game.

true, i personally dont have much trouble with him due running with khora and corinth, hes just boring (not much of a threat as long as i can keep his molotov buddies CCed) but my thoughts were mostly aimed for the newer players that encounter him. Wolf isnt a issue for veterans but for newer players he is basically a huge roadblock to be dealt with (as i said not everyone is running endgame weapons, archgnus or weapons with god rivens).

3 minutes ago, makaloff95 said:

true, i personally dont have much trouble with him due running with khora and corinth, hes just boring (not much of a threat as long as i can keep his molotov buddies CCed) but my thoughts were mostly aimed for the newer players that encounter him. Wolf isnt a issue for veterans but for newer players he is basically a huge roadblock to be dealt with (as i said not everyone is running endgame weapons, archgnus or weapons with god rivens).

One of the best things they can do is take advantage of his mobility. The molotov crew is a pain but they're also incredibly slow. If they move away from them say round a corner, through a blast door etc, Wolf will follow but they will not, allowing them to not burn to death while facing Wolf.

The issue with wolf is that anyone can encounter him.

I was a rather clueless MR 7 with a couple ok weapons and two poorly modded frames by the time I hit Neptune (old star map, so maybe faster or slower now).

If myself from then was in a group with like individuals, we would see a wolf that would take hours to down.  That is a problem.

1 minute ago, aswitz87 said:

The issue with wolf is that anyone can encounter him.

I was a rather clueless MR 7 with a couple ok weapons and two poorly modded frames by the time I hit Neptune (old star map, so maybe faster or slower now).

If myself from then was in a group with like individuals, we would see a wolf that would take hours to down.  That is a problem.

Sounds like the old days where Stalker wrecked me each time he showed up. You know what I did? I died, lost 1 whole revive and then went on with my mission until the day I was strong enough to take him on. I still tried to take him, my efforts were just futile until I progressed. But I didn't lose my missions due to dying once to an assassin.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Sounds like the old days where Stalker wrecked me each time he showed up. You know what I did? I died, lost 1 whole revive and then went on with my mission until the day I was strong enough to take him on. I still tried to take him, my efforts were just futile until I progressed. But I didn't lose my missions due to dying once to an assassin.

But wolf doesn’t go away, he will keep attacking until either he dies, you run out of revives, or the mission ends (either success or failure).

If he left after he killed his like the others that would be fine.  But he doesn’t.  For people of that gear and skill level, it’s basically might as well abort.  That is terrible game design.

1 minute ago, aswitz87 said:

But wolf doesn’t go away, he will keep attacking until either he dies, you run out of revives, or the mission ends (either success or failure).

If he left after he killed his like the others that would be fine.  But he doesn’t.  For people of that gear and skill level, it’s basically might as well abort.  That is terrible game design.

No actually he goes away if everybody in the party is downed at the same time. As in all 4 are on the ground waiting to revive.

5 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

No actually he goes away if everybody in the party is downed at the same time. As in all 4 are on the ground waiting to revive.

Ah so then if Solon also bugs off once he has down you?  If that’s the case then I retract my statement.  Have not had all go down (lots of reviving) so had not experienced that (different from Stalker where he leaves once his target is down regardless of other members).

4 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

Ah so then if Solon also bugs off once he has down you?  If that’s the case then I retract my statement.  Have not had all go down (lots of reviving) so had not experienced that (different from Stalker where he leaves once his target is down regardless of other members).

Yeh the problem is obviously that in a 4 man squad, quite often someone will revive and it starts over again lol. In solo however, if he drops you, he disappears, takes his molotov crew with him too. He got the better of me once when I was using Ivara with a bleeding dragon key equipped and a Baza primary cos I was unlocking a riven challenge. My Pyrana still took 25% of his health in 1 clip but his charge attack 1 shot my Ivara and then he was gone. Revived, carried on with the mission. Meh.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Confirmation bias... yes and no, while it might be confirmation bias in some people's eyes, my own experiences (and others) do seem to correlate with the idea that they come more often when you're with lower level gear. 

My own experience with him kinda disagrees with the confirmation bias thing also.  EVERY time I faced him the for the first 11 times were all while I was ranking up something.  Only the very last time I faced him was I not ranking up something.  So taht's about 11 out of 12 times.  Hmmmm.  😄