Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

15 minutes ago, (XB1)CatinaCatana said:

Ok, thanks for the advice, Ill put something together for the bastard.

make sure its radiation ill deal extra damage to his alloy armor.

19 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Slash is not going to work on him

found out the hard way with my corinth .... 

17 hours ago, Zilchy said:

That's just not true mate. If they bring either a kavat or a melee with shattering impact to strip his armour first they'll find that they can kill him. If I can do it in seconds, they can do it in minutes.

DE patched it so shattering impact no longer works so bring your kitty

2 hours ago, Zilchy said:

So people said I could only beat Wolf down inside a minute or so if I fought him in solo. Well today I tried doing 5 waves of Hydron in public groups for an hour or so to see if he'd spawn and after a while he did.

I really think they overdid it with the armor on him after watching that. Before he was stripped you were doing only about 2k more than I do per shot with my desperately built Rubico.

I'm also not a fan of "invisible number of player" scaling, or the fact that his weak point is painfully small since it is the exposed eye (I think you hit that one time and it was like 90k, but I could be wrong) which makes it even harder for rapid fire weapons to defeat him since he moves so much. If he had a more viable weakpoint I think more weapons would have a better time taking him down, I also think they should dial back the armor and increase his health to compensate after seeing that, more raw HP less eHP might adjust the middle end time to kill a bit.

Overall, good showing there, but man I don't like the boss design of the Wolf and sadly that made me like it even less.

6 hours ago, (XB1)DakVoidcloaker said:

For me the most objectionable thing was adding a low-percentage-drop item like the mask after the event is half over.  Digital Extremes management does this kind of stuff far too frequently.  It's the predictable, unsurprising result when code or events are released when they quite simply aren't ready.

The irony for me is that I got the mask, but this far only one piece of the hammer has ever dropped. 

5 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

The irony for me is that I got the mask, but this far only one piece of the hammer has ever dropped.

LOL thats RNG for ya. i when't from no hammer parts to all the parts and bp with in 12hrs. after that grind im done with the wolf.

The mask is cool and all but, the 2% chance isn't worth it and it looks too low on the operator compared to where it is on the wolf. if the mask covered the operators eyes and stopped at the nose only showing the mouth it would look better.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

I really think they overdid it with the armor on him after watching that. Before he was stripped you were doing only about 2k more than I do per shot with my desperately built Rubico.

I'm also not a fan of "invisible number of player" scaling, or the fact that his weak point is painfully small since it is the exposed eye (I think you hit that one time and it was like 90k, but I could be wrong) which makes it even harder for rapid fire weapons to defeat him since he moves so much. If he had a more viable weakpoint I think more weapons would have a better time taking him down, I also think they should dial back the armor and increase his health to compensate after seeing that, more raw HP less eHP might adjust the middle end time to kill a bit.

Overall, good showing there, but man I don't like the boss design of the Wolf and sadly that made me like it even less.

If wasn't immune to everything (you can bet kitty armor strip is not intentional) he would be easy.

If he scaled the same rate as the normal enemies in a specific mission, he would likewise not be the disrespectful disruption he is.

What DE needs to do, and i know i'm just going to be ignored like all the other posts i've done and i get it i'm not the great voice of reason and logic that everyone would agree with but i feel most people would agree with me.

ARCHGUN WEAPONS VIA THE GRAVIMAG SHOULD DO INCREASED DAMAGE TO EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE WOLF OF SATURN...... Not be weaker than anything else i could be using. I'm not sorry for the use of them caps but that sentence needs to stand out. DE gives us Archgun usage for normal missions and they do little to no damage to everthing and this would had been a great way to adjust/show off the "POWERFUL" archgun weapons.

You know what would also been nice? if the operator AMPS actually did damage. The ONLY time you ever use amps in this game is under 2 conditions: 1; you ran our of ammo and the enemy your fighting is too dangerous to melee attack. Or 2; your fighting an eidolon or enemy that is otherwise immune to all damage. There is NO real reason to use operator mode because the damage output is lower than what most any other weapon can do.

Everyone can take down "the wolf of saturn six" and enjoy the enemy as content if there was SOME FORM OF GIMMICK to which he can be taken down "faster". I'd even say make him special target those who are in operator mode like a deathbot so you can impliment making the amps DO MORE DAMAGE i mean seriously we're talking about PURE VOID ENERGY that melted sentients as you also controlled your warframe to extraction. Then you find out this void energy is not only weak and pathetic but your better off using an actual ballistics weapon. The pure beam and the mote amp should be SO random on damage to do like 1-2Million (that's not 1M - 2M i mean literally 1 as in 1,2,3,4,5) damage per second where each second it could do any amount of damage and then people would ENJOY the Wolf of Saturn fight and you'll have new players all like "Wow i need to get me that so i can shred this guy".

DE, you dropped the ball, but what do i know, i've only played over 5k hours......

Edited by MageSkeleton
Grammar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

What do you think ? 

I think that I did 2 public 5 wave runs on Seimeni earlier, with some unlevelled gear and my kitgun. First time I was taking it easy, pulling my weight but not going all out, everyone ended up close-ish to 25%. The second time I kept trying to revive a suicidal kavat, so my damage was trailing badly. Syndicate goons showed up and downed someone. I rushed over, stomped reflexively, and then started blasting away with the kitgun. Every shot wiped out all of the enemies in a given direction and I blasted as rapidly as I could. At the end of the wave I'd done the vast majority of the damage and everyone else had single digits. 

Same group, same kit, same everything. Just because people are dealing similar amounts of damage, doesn't mean that they're unable to step up when they need to. 

Yes but you're overlooking one very important factor.... Mod Capacity of non maxed weapons.... this just isn't feasible abd why people abort whenever the wolf comes to hydron specically since ge can hold everyone Hostage in the first 5 waves. 

Nope. In the above example I didn't add any mods between runs, and I'm talking about gear fresh out of the oven with no potato or forma. But I took a weapon that would allow me to deal large amounts of damage in case I needed to. 

I do this under normal circumstances because it works out for me far better than the alternative. 

Where's the video evidence of someone who wasn't expecting the wolf and had his weapons modded for something completely different ? 

Stuff that kills the wolf in a reasonable amount of time, kills everything else too. Garuda for example dgaf at all if it's the wolf or some other enemy. 

Mine could probably do the same since I have an okay Riven for it... but what good is that if its in my Orbiter while im in the mission ?

My catchmoon has no riven, so might want to check that build again to see what is holding it back. 

And now, here's the elephant in the room, who is responsible for you not taking a weapon that would allow you to take on anything you might face in a mission? 

The only option is archguns since you don't factor those into what mission you're doing.... and they are rubbish.... 

Sorry mate only thing here that's rubbish is your source for the information that leads you to label things as "rubbish" while going about unable to deal with the challenges that you'll face. 

Yeah and is the defense Target going to join you on the high ground ?  

Does it need to? Does cc stop working if I'm not on the same level as the enemies? 

Why does this game have so many Baby Sitting missions anyway ? 

Well it pairs well with the wailing and crying alligator tears, doesn't it? Speaking of which:

I suppose you could... but like I said..  I don't give a S#&$. The wolf will absolutely have zero factor in my loadout choices.... #*!% him and his S#&$ty drop chances. You can stick around and stock up on North wind if you want. 

latest?cb=20171007153323

Actually now that I think of it.... I don't mod for Stalker or Syndicates that hate me or G3 or Zanuka either.... #*!% Them All.... atleast the rest of them aren't as much of a Nuisance as the wolf is.... New Loka is cool because Healing Spectres are useful apparently. 

Ah yes because without the cheese, all that's left is the whine? 

Who said anything about Fast ? 

My argument isn't one of speed but one of practicality. You just aren't going to level anything if you're weapons are weak unless you leech off a Saryn.... Atleast Hydron can support some weak weapons. 

Oh? If you want to do it slowly, you can it done in low level bounties on the Plains, can't you? But you're on Hydron because you don't want to level your gear slowly. So that's a bald-faced ruse on your part. 

Do you know that before the sanctuary, she also used to be the queen of Hydron? And seriously, since you understand how to leech, by now you should have realised that you don't need to kill with a weak weapon, to level that weak weapon. If you are contributing more to the slaughter your teammates benefit more. If they do the same thing, you also benefit. 

Refusing to prepare to contribute as needed isn't a good thing. 

They were only leecherz specifically because they chose to go with SO.... That same group on hydron wpuld be your standard MR Farming group

Nonsense. They'd still be leechers because they took only underpowered gear, each in the hopes of gaining more than they contributed. 

And how the hell do you suppose you're goimg to do that without the mod capacity to slap on mods to become effective in the first place ? 

By taking a single weapon that would be effective at killing. That's not an unreasonable thing to do and benefits all of your squad, allowing you to go further, gaining more mastery in fewer runs, especially if you are accompanied by a likeminded squad. The single weapon that's fully leveled gains you focus instead, which I'm guessing is something that you still need quite a bit of. 

The deal is you simply ommit specific factors because you cant see outside you're own specific optimized builds.... this definitely not going to be the same for many players....

I can Polarize some weapons without sacrificing too many mods that I can just skip Hydron and SO all together and level the weapon normally because my MR allows me to do that.... this isn't going to be the case for some one with a lower Base Mod Capacity....

And you're deluding yourself into actually believing that the power fantasy is real. Unfortunately the wolf is breaking that for you in ways that nothing else is doing. You are running up against him and he's laughing at you knocking you back. 

And it's always been easier to pretend that the grapes are going to be sour, than to expend the effort to get them, hasn't it? 

Will the wolf remain out of the reach of particularly weak or low ranked players? Yes that's likely. But the same thing is true for the Syndicate death squads that we all used to struggle with, or the Stalker, or G3, or noxes, or eximus enemies, or Phorid, or heavy gunners, or whatever enemy first gave you trouble. 

Always remember, whining won't help you to fix your problems, all it will ever accomplish is getting someone else to fix them for you. That's not how we get better, is it? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aldain said:

Yeh the armour's a bit chunky. Once that was off he went down pretty fast but it took a while for the cat to catch up to him cos he was charging around so much 😄 

I think it is the eye, when he stopped moving I deliberately aimed at some different areas to check it later on the video, it's a small weakpoint to be sure. Normal headshots seemed to do near the same as chest shot and one of the hits was a tasty red crit also.

Edited by Zilchy

1 hour ago, AvaloN1101 said:

tl;dr - Quit whining and aborting because the game presents you with a challenge you can't beat or doesn't match your skewed idea of 'good rewards'. It's a game; get over it. Neither the game nor DE have to feed you with a golden spoon full of top tier rewards because you're so special.

I remember a time when getting beaten and challenged in a game was the norm. It wasn't even a game like Sekiro or Dark Souls. It was every game. There were challenges, and you had to overcome them.

When I started playing Warframe I was murdered consistently by the Stalker. The only time I got anything from his drop tables was when another player much better off than I beat him for me. It was a while before I myself was able to beat him. It pissed me off. It got me frustrated. But I became a better player because of him constantly murdering me, since I wanted to finally murder him back. When I finally did it, it took me nearly 10 minutes just to fight him, desperately jumping around and shooting, trying to dodge everything he threw at me, dropping loads of energy, health, and ammo pads. But I beat him, and it felt damn good.

Now here we have the Wolf of Saturn Six. And I have some news for all you naysayers... IT'S A CHALLENGE IN A GAME. When did people forget this was a game? Sometimes a challenge isn't going to be fun. Sometimes it will be. What might not be fun for you might be fun for someone else. You don't need to be a god in a gamer's skin. You need to get over it and try again. Sometimes the challenge will beat you; over and over and over again. It will frustrate you and make you mad and sometimes even have you thinking outside of the game in the shower or right before falling asleep, "How in the actual F@$% do i beat that guy? What about that? Should I try that other thing?" So spend time getting better, both with moving around, better weapons, better mods, etc. You don't need to spend 1,000 hours a week playing Warframe to get better. If you really want to get better but don't have a ton of time to play, look for help from other players instead of wandering aimlessly not sure of what you should be doing or what goal you should make for yourself.

And to all you quitters: A level 70 Wolf prevented you from completing a mission? Awwww. Try again. Not everything is supposed to be handed to you on a silver platter with a golden spoon. You know... sometimes you aren't supposed be a god and be able to beat and kill everything the first time around. Not everything is supposed to be easy. Not everything that drops will get your adrenaline pumping every time. Get better and/or get over it. Warframe is a grind game, remember? Not every drop will be worth the effort.

Let's have you try something: farm up all the materials to make 10 Nightfall Apothics. That's a total of 5,000 credits, 20 morphics, 20 Dusklight Sarracenia, 60 moonlight Dragonlily, and 120 Sunlight Threshcone. It should be trivial enough, maybe a 15 minute grind, right? <<< PSA: This sentence is absolutely laced with sarcasm.

Now, assuming you have completed the quest called The Silver Grove, let's have you and a few buddies (if you want, you can always do it solo) go into Earth nodes and find the shrine you need to annoint with the apothic. For what reason you ask? Why, to farm for Growing Power of course! (Excellent aura mod btw, 0% sarcasm here). Now, I would bet quite a bit of money that you might get 1 of the target mod after using all those apothics. Most likely though, you'll end up empty handed. Go ahead, bring your Nekros and your Pilferoid and whatnot. After all that grind, you got no Growing Power. Was the grind worth it then? Are you going to continue? How does it make you feel?

If you answered with a, "Yes, I'm going to continue farming for it again," then you are getting the full Warframe experience. If you just cop out and buy it, and then buy everything else you don't want to farm for and then find the game boring, then I got some bad news: Warframe might not be the game for you.

Damn I love this post. I'm not sure when it was decided that games shouldn't be challenging and treat you to an unapologetic GAME OVER screen but I for one miss it. Challenge is good, challenge keeps me playing a game.

Edited by Zilchy

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Damn I love this post. I'm not sure when it was decided that games shouldn't be challenging and treat you to an unapologetic GAME OVER screen but I for one miss it. Challenge is good, challenge keeps me playing a game.

Challenge is fine, a slog isn't.

Challenge is doing something with a risk of loss, the Wolf is a risk of being bored to sleep if you aren't loaded for war as you've shown.

I don't mind challenge, but I have a problem when people associate distaste for a boss' design as being challenge adverse.

I'd rather fight a level 300 Nox with a Skana only than fight the Wolf ever personally.

Edited by Aldain

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Challenge is doing something with a risk of loss, the Wolf is a risk of being bored to sleep if you aren't loaded for war as you've shown.

I don't mind challenge, but I have a problem when people associate distaste for a boss' design as being challenge adverse.

I'd rather fight a level 300 Nox with a Skana only than fight the Wolf ever personally.

Eh it's a bit of both for me. Tbh though his post just speaks about the whole game and the general mindset to me, not just the wolf. Also I only needed to be geared like that because I was the only 1 able to deal with him. I did 75% of the damage in that mission and dropped Wolf on my own. If the other 3 had chipped in I wouldn't need such extreme gear for it. But they did a good job of defending the objective, just dropped like flies when they engaged wolf.

Edited by Zilchy

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Tbh though his post just speaks about the whole game and the general mindset to me, not just the wolf.

Its a fair notion, I just dislike how many people around here take any complaint as a "You just don't like challenges".

Overall I'd say that my idea for challenge would be something unusual, like a boss that goes through phases of different engagement methods and tactics.

Something like if the Stalker started with ranged engagement but at half health swapped to melee and started knocking your gun out of your hands and blocking shots, forcing a melee showdown. Where players would need skills with both aspects of Warframe's combat while also having the boss adapt to predictable behavior. A somewhat simplistic idea but I feel that fight design is where the challenge should come from rather than raw numbers.

That's just me though, I can understand the opposite extreme being just as boring and bad of design though.

I never fight him and always avoid him while doing missions and just finish the mission without fighting him. If he spawns in Hydron, while I'm trying to level my stuff, I just abort. Why?

Fought him 10 times in the beginning, got nothing else than regular mods. I ain't spending 15-30-45 min fighting a bullet sponge, that drops nothing. And I ain't alone. 90% of the time he spawns usually 1 or 2 ppl from the squad quit immediately.

If DE wants ppl to fight him and spend time on his awful gimmick (having 3 invincible nukers around him, that pretty much 1 hit you with their molotovs), he has to drop ONLY his rare drops. Remove the mods. The 30% chance to have a hammer part drop feels more like 5% when you fight him over and over and get nothing. You have a chance to have a chance at a part you need. A roll locked behind a roll locked behind a time wall.

As with everything in this game, it was meant to be a grind, but it's just such an awful and unenjoyable one, that most people don't even bother. Yeah, I spent 5 full days grinding for that Nidus chestpiece, because I got a Warframe out of it (and I didn't enjoy it). I ain't spending 5 full weeks grinding for a weak ass hammer, that aside from getting some mastery XP out of, I ain't ever gonna use.

If you want people to fight him, here's what has to be done:

100% drop rate for his rares, remove mod drops.

50% for a hammer part, 50% for w/e else rare he drops.

Either remove the 1 hit molotovs from the inv mobs that spawn with him, or make them killable before him.

OR

Make his EHP the same as stalker, or close to, so it doesn't take 15 min to kill him.

If that is done, I'll spend time on killing him. Either spending a long period of time to get a guaranteed drop, or a quick kill for a chance of a drop is good. But half an hour for a chance of a chance of a drop - nope.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, z3roblade said:

I never fight him and always avoid him while doing missions and just finish the mission without fighting him. If he spawns in Hydron, while I'm trying to level my stuff, I just abort. Why?

Fought him 10 times in the beginning, got nothing else than regular mods. I ain't spending 15-30-45 min fighting a bullet sponge, that drops nothing. And I ain't alone. 90% of the time he spawns usually 1 or 2 ppl from the squad quit immediately.

If DE wants ppl to fight him and spend time on his awful gimmick (having 3 invincible nukers around him, that pretty much 1 hit you with their molotovs), he has to drop ONLY his rare drops. Remove the mods. The 30% chance to have a hammer part drop feels more like 5% when you fight him over and over and get nothing. You have a chance to have a chance at a part you need. A roll locked behind a roll locked behind a time wall.

As with everything in this game, it was meant to be a grind, but it's just such an awful and unenjoyable one, that most people don't even bother. Yeah, I spent 5 full days grinding for that Nidus chestpiece, because I got a Warframe out of it (and I didn't enjoy it). I ain't spending 5 full weeks grinding for a weak ass hammer, that aside from getting some mastery XP out of, I ain't ever gonna use.

If you want people to fight him, here's what has to be done:

100% drop rate for his rares, remove mod drops.

50% for a hammer part, 50% for w/e else rare he drops.

Either remove the 1 hit molotovs from the inv mobs that spawn with him, or make them killable before him.

OR

Make his EHP the same as stalker, or close to, so it doesn't take 15 min to kill him.

If that is done, I'll spend time on killing him. Either spending a long period of time to get a guaranteed drop, or a quick kill for a chance of a drop is good. But half an hour for a chance of a chance of a drop - nope.

😁 You're funny. 

42 minutes ago, ChaosMarine said:

Does anyone know if getting those extra prestige levels increases the chances of him dropping?

According to DE he has a 4 percent spawn rate in levels under 20, and 6 percent from 20 up. But a zero percent spawn rate in special zones. Check the wiki for more. 

1 hour ago, maddragonmaster said:

whelp manage to meet wolf and aquired the blueprint and one of the parts cant remember. but i manage to get them out of HOW MANY WEEKS was he here for?

His spawn rate was intentionally much lower before. It's increased over the course of the event. If have liked it to be even higher now, or be something that we can manipulate via beacons dropped by the fugitives, but considering how much wailing and gnashing of teeth his relatively rare appearances seem to cause... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yeah. In those weeks and weeks of him not showing up, I spent a bit of time preparing something that would make an impact on him, that matched my typical playstyle. When he showed up, I got to test it out and tweak it for even better results. 

It doesn't take 45 minutes, or 30, 20 or even 10 to take him down on hydron, not even if just one person is dealing the majority of the damage. It doesn't take strict adherence to a single meta build. It doesn't take specialised weapons that almost nobody has, and a common eidolon hunting rifle would be a great weapon to use if you don't have anything else to use. 

It takes a decent player, with a decent understanding of the game, a decent weapon, and decent aim a few minutes if nobody else is contributing any significant damage.

The thing is that most players don't seem to be using a decent weapon, with a decent build. They're using what they insist is a omgwtfbbq weapon but when they tell you the stats you're left wondering what game they have been playing for the last half of a decade to be so badly out of touch. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

His spawn rate was intentionally much lower before. It's increased over the course of the event. If have liked it to be even higher now, or be something that we can manipulate via beacons dropped by the fugitives, but considering how much wailing and gnashing of teeth his relatively rare appearances seem to cause... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yeah. In those weeks and weeks of him not showing up, I spent a bit of time preparing something that would make an impact on him, that matched my typical playstyle. When he showed up, I got to test it out and tweak it for even better results. 

It doesn't take 45 minutes, or 30, 20 or even 10 to take him down on hydron, not even if just one person is dealing the majority of the damage. It doesn't take strict adherence to a single meta build. It doesn't take specialised weapons that almost nobody has, and a common eidolon hunting rifle would be a great weapon to use if you don't have anything else to use. 

It takes a decent player, with a decent understanding of the game, a decent weapon, and decent aim a few minutes if nobody else is contributing any significant damage.

The thing is that most players don't seem to be using a decent weapon, with a decent build. They're using what they insist is a omgwtfbbq weapon but when they tell you the stats you're left wondering what game they have been playing for the last half of a decade to be so badly out of touch. 

doesnt feel like that spawn rate increase at all

13 hours ago, Aldain said:

If you play Warframe without paying your way through every grind, I fail to see how Waframe isn't a sloggish game. Many grinds and farms for certain mods, frames, arcanes, et cetera are far more tedious than fighting the Wolf, even with boosters. It makes me feel like we aren't playing the same game. As a result I'm failing to see how this type of sentiment can actually hold any water, so to speak.

Edit: I'm not trying to discredit personal tastes btw. If it's not fun for you and a bunch of other people, then that's fine. Perfectly normal. It doesn't mean something needs to be changed though, it's a simple obstacle. Nothing worth all the hate he's been receiving from a bunch of threads on the forums.

Edited by AvaloN1101
  • Like 3