Coming Soon: Devstream #126!

[DE]Rebecca

Sooo about those riven changes...

Does the disposition affect rivens you currently have? Like does it change the rolls you currently have?

Personally I feel like if it does that’s punishing players for grinding out to get the best roll or the perfect roll for that build. For example I have a opticor riven that I’ve rolled about 50 times to get the stats that I want that’s almost 160k in kuva. Likewise I have the perfect sicirus riven that I bought for a few hundred plat. 

Outright changing these stats is crazy. Are you [DE] going to refund me the money or the time I’ve spent to get these precious rolls?

I am OKAY with dispositions being changed - but I feel as though if you have a riven in your mod inventory the disposition changes SHOULD NOT affect the stats you CURRENTLY have unless you 1. trade the riven or 2. Reroll the riven.

Thanks

1 minute ago, (PS4)Th3Cl3rik said:

Sooo about those riven changes...

Does the disposition affect rivens you currently have? Like does it change the rolls you currently have?

Personally I feel like if it does that’s punishing players for grinding out to get the best roll or the perfect roll for that build. For example I have a opticor riven that I’ve rolled about 50 times to get the stats that I want that’s almost 160k in kuva. Likewise I have the perfect sicirus riven that I bought for a few hundred plat. 

Outright changing these stats is crazy. Are you [DE] going to refund me the money or the time I’ve spent to get these precious rolls?

I am OKAY with dispositions being changed - but I feel as though if you have a riven in your mod inventory the disposition changes SHOULD NOT affect the stats you CURRENTLY have unless you 1. trade the riven or 2. Reroll the riven.

Thanks

I can answer that, on PC at least yes, disposition changes affect the core of how the rivens work a boost to the disposion dynamically improves the riven's stat ranges while the nerfs dynamically reduce the riven's effectiveness and thus the investment put into the riven. This is actually part of the intent as far as DE goes, was brought up in a post a while back; that rivens were to act as sorta a dynamic encouragement to use different weapons and instead of requiring more constant point by point changes, to allow DE to adjust the rivens instead and thus try to influence which weapons players used without focusing on a weapon to weapon basis. Do I like this system? Not the most honestly, it could be better. That said, you can still make use of the mods, until they get below the relative power of nightmare mods, they still are good fits.

Peculiar Mods that apply a visual filter to the game in missions, essentially the Captura/Image filters, but in standard gameplay. Yes/no?

Is it technically possible to include a display option to manually adjust the effect intensities from players only? Adjusting the effect intensity and other visual modifiers to account for 'overly present' player visuals is helpful, but unfortunate since it turns down the quality of the environments and AI combatant effects.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream126_1080p.jpg

Who:  Rebecca is joined by the usual crew!

What: It is time to learn more about Wisp and her powers! What will our 40th Warframe bring to the Origin System? Tune in to find out and more!

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as an Equinox Prime Access Pack!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

Twitch Drop: No Twitch Drop this week as we work on some maintenance!

When: Join us this Friday, April 5th at 2 p.m EDT!

Please ask your questions here! Thread closes at 10 a.m EDT on Friday, April 5th!

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

I know I ask this often, but If you're showing of gameplay, it would be really cool if you could use my account. 

Or use any account really. Would be awesome to make it a dev stream tradition to show off random players accounts. 

Anyways, as for questions:

1- in mogamu's videos, Steve was talking about how railjack and warframe in general is not really a space sim, but more of a robot tech game. What exactly does that mean and ential. What are the core differences between robot tech and space sim? 

2- Are you guys still working on, or planning on more open worlds? Or are you putting that all off until next year? 

3- can each of you sitting in the couch say a single, relatively abstract related word as a tiny hint for what's coming in tennocon? 

4- Probably still ages away; maybe 2020 or even 2021, but are there plans for vulkan, and dx12 support and possibly Ray tracing shading? 

5- is 2019 the year we'll leave the solar system? 

Would toggleable mining resource drop icons be a possible UI option? It slows down mining a lot because you can't see the blue dots on the mining spots while the pop-ups are showing and it makes mining frustrating because you have to stand around 3-9 seconds waiting for the pop-ups to disappear until you can mine again.

Will we be abale to keep boosters from daily log in for a short period of time instead of losing them because we needed to go atm we got them? (for example i am usually go to school after taking my daily reward and I am back at home only 11 hours after so I losing my boosters for no reason) 

Bug fixes for eidolons hunt when???? 

Will we be abale to know with factions we hadn't scanned b4 like we are abale to know with mods we are missing? 

Will there be a cinematic quest for Wisp ?

Will there be any new planets and factions coming in future ?

Can you make the daily login boosters valid only during gameplay and not the real-time and it expires at the next day login. Because i login in morning and play only at night. This is making the booster expire. Can you at least add some future like claim later and can be claimed later through menus when the player wanted. Just the claim now button doesn't make any sense. 

Questions Questions.. had a lot on my mind. I'll Just jot down some i remember for now.

Most of them to Melee 3.0 (Coming soon TM)

1. Do we get to see changes in charge attacks since the new amalgam mods have increased the casting speed? {like i would love to see the nikanas get an "iai" animation for it. or something to that effect to all the melee weapons in game.. like a QOL thing to make the melee finishers even more satisfying... minor animations that pause the view for like 3 sec window sowing of the move types}

2. The new UI is very pleasing on the eye, but we some people do need indicators to why some numbers are red, green or greyed out. I know its weird, but really would help out a lot of the newbies one that. Modding is not newbie friendly and i've been there..

3. Is range gonna be a number or are we still sticking to the percentage system as it is existing in melee 2.0? either ways, please do something that is not gonna get my melee mojo dying off at melee 3.0

4. is a purely cometic thing. Can we create new models that go out of bounds of the existing warframe body models to create extra props so that we get more better flavors for tennogen?

Just sepculations.. hope my melee ones are answered thou :)

Cheers..

• Please raise the amount of acquirable Warframe loadouts, so that the number of acquirable loadouts (MR level)+ purchasable loadouts equals the number of vanilla frames released (currently we're 5 loadouts short, 6 when Wisp will be released)
  • Please share you stance on mods sharing between player and sentinel weapons (will you streamline it or not?)
  • Please allow us to access Pets Companions at all time without the stasis gate, it's obsolete and clunky and basically discourages diversity in builds and underusage of companions against "robotics"
  • New batch of Warframe noggles when?
  • Hyena pet (customizable with various weapons) controlled by Ordis when? 🙂
  • Please, clear the situation around Wolf Sledge acquisition, it's a weapon tied to a limited time event, dropped by enemy that spawns on RNG, and doesn't guarantee parts drop; this is a poll from last week, pretty significant https://www.strawpoll.me/17693344/r
  • In the spirit of transparency, which you have vastly proved with sharing drop tables and riven transaction, I strongly encourage you to run monthly tests/simulation on your server side to verify that the actual randomization thoroughly reflects the drop table stats

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

Will Umbra alt helmet be available in global version? Or is it exclusive to Chinaframe?

nFWqL5g.jpg

Hmm...we still can't acquire the "Cadus", which is a weapon that is already in game and is used by the Trinity Specter in her rail

Still can't figure why DE hasn't pushed it in any update/hotfix yet

Why is grinding Ventkids standing such a... grind? So full of... literal grinding? Jokes aside, raising Ventkids standing is seriously obnoxious. I didn't care when it didn't have mastery attached, but now it does. An alternate way, a "turn-in" that we could use to gain standing with them (like with other factions), would be great.

Maybe salvaged K-Drive parts? Or something more lore-y, like food packets or clothing or some other resource. Hell, if we could turn in floofs that'd be fine too. Alternatively, a Ventkids sigil we could wear to rep the logical fam.

Just, any way to gain standing that doesn't involve me doing the same trick over and over for 20 minutes a day, every day.
Yeah, I could do other tricks, but then it just takes even longer.

37 minutes ago, Uthak said:

My question is, if I want to write a short novel within the Warframe universe, where should I send it?

I would like to know this too! I'm not looking for a lot of compensation—just having it be "official" would be great.

—————————————————————————

Looking forward to more story content. Warframe's story and lore have been very slowly creeping up on "interesting" and I would like to see that trend continue.

Personally, I hate the Lotus and hope we get the chance to exterminate her, along with the rest of the rebellious machines.
Don't worry Rebb, it has nothing to do with your vocal performance. I just have mommy issues.

1. If we intended to make suggestions/proposals on equipment (for example, new weapon, etc) where would we go about doing so? Especially those of us inexperienced in generating 3D computer graphic design and whatnot.

2. I recall seeing bits about implementing custom K-Drive skatepark options in the Dojo. Any traction on that?

3. Are we looking at getting new Archwings or Archweapons around the time Railjack lands?

4. Any way you could consider allowing us to separately color each aspect of our Equinox and Equinox Prime frames? Making them look decent in both forms is challenging, and you know how we feel about our Fashion Frame. We want to look FABULOUS at all times.

8 hours ago, Orakan said:

Farming the Axi relics are becoming an unfun job considering the farming other relic types, we can get the lith , meso , neo relics from void capture missions with in mostly 2-3 minutes while getting the Axi relics from endless missions and spending 16-20 minutes and because this missions are nearly 35 level missions it is becoming boring for many players and totally not fun nor efficient. 

The tier 4 Sabotage mission in the Void can get you an Axi relic in about 5 minutes ... unless you get a Neo relic.

And for the latest and greatest Axi relics Cetus and Orb Vallis bounties are the best source. I got three Axi K5 from a single tier 5 Cetus bounty yesterday.

1. Any thought given to making Equinox primes mixed form playable in game (like and appearance toggle, personally think it looks the best out of the 3)

2. When/could we expect any quality of life tweaks to frames? There are many frame that don't need reworks but could use animation and base value tweaks to be more fluid

3. Railjack: Any update going to be done to archwing based around railjack? What are some of the ideas yall have for missions? Will the railjack have "abilities or ship classes"

Two things:

One: Frostleaf is not spawning at all.  Tried Venus.  Tried Pluto.  Ran multiple missions solo and in groups and not a single frostleaf has shown up.  I saw in one thread people say that if you spawn indoors, it wont spawn but I've spawned indoors and outdoors and no frostleaf for either.  Earth and Lua plants seem fine, but maybe you could take a look at all the plants to see if they're suffering the same problem?

(Also, add a mod for helios called GreenThumb that lets it scan plants even after you've gotten their codex entry, pls 😄 )

And two: Please, please, please let us aimglide as Valkyr in hysteria without switching to guns and taking us out of melee and invulnerability.  Valk players use the aimglide to get around, pinpoint landing spots and your update to the melee system is really frustrating on a suffering frame.  She's already in a tough spot and she's gone years without any love, what with her having one good skill, another that's just used to heal, a first that's just for goofing off with and one terrible CC that's pretty much useless.  Let us have this one thing! It's all I'm asking! The energy drain doesn't stop when we switch to guns, but the invulnerability does.  I got swatted out of the air by Kela today because I was trying to revive a fellow tenno and my muscle memory hasn't caught up to the fact that Valk got nerfed with the melee update.

1. Can the wolf sledge please get buffed? Its outshined by plenty of hammers and the throw has tons of problems still. For a weapon that needs around 140 wolf kills when people haven't seen him once, it should be better.

2. Its time to raise the riven cap past 90, there's no reason for it to be so low.

Archived