Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems with Plains Conservation

Skailo

I super enjoy the Conservation mechanic (mini-game?) Getting floofs and tracking down these animals is quite relaxing and fun to me. So with the announcement of Conservation being added with the plains rework I was excited!
But It appears there are a few problems, Some bugs, some I think, Oversights.

I went out onto the plains too Hunt the Mergoo, the new animal released with this Remaster.

I go to a pop spot and before anything I get attacked, "okay" I say this happens on the Valis just gotta kill these guys and NOPE orbital drop of more dudes, okay Ill just kill all them and here come some dargyns. I think you get my point after about actually 5 minutes of fighting I get to do the thing I wanted, Being tracking and make my way to the call point. Once I get to the call point I pull out my echo lure and more dudes! "Alright" I kill them and use the lure I get the new dialog nice, return call, and nothing. silence then I get mortared and a tusk thumper dude, shows up. While fighting these guys that I did nothing to alert, I see the Mergoo Doing what only can be described as the tights donuts a bird can fly high up in the air.

Im sure you see my problem, even as an Ivara out on the plains I dont hear the thig show up and get bombarded with much more Grineer than I could imagine outside ESO.
Plains look great, Tusk enemy seems pretty good just cant hunt as well as I can in the valis because theres a stream of enemies just hurling themselves at me.

• Like 6

it just takes abit more prep i guess.  i always use energy pizza's when i exit cetus into PoE/OV and then while im getting energy i pull out the tranq, swap to the echo lure i plan to hunt and then mark it on the map and fly via itzal  as i ground slam on the waypoint i press 3 and go prowl midair and then start my hunt  i got 5 of each new floof alrdy and plan to get more but sadly as i was placing my floofs on my floof shrine i was talking with my friends and had an idea for a new ultimate shrine of floofdom that will requirement to rip apart my floof shrine and add a floof roof and tunnel of floofs.. le sigh need more floofs.. somehow its the building that i dread not the actual floof hunting as that is always fun and relaxing

Perhaps one day the energy walls will be pushed back. not altering what we have but expanding it a bit further.  give the grineer some room to stretch their weird little legs.

Not a full sized Valis, but a little more room to run about in.  theres a couple of caves that already poke outside of the walled off area, or at least it feels like they do.

Maybe the eidolons’ll decide to kick one down and we’ll have to reinforce the new perimeter in a community event like they did with earth relay. Final boss fight against an eidolon crossing the plains towards a weak point and it has to be held off or destroyed while konzu and the ostron try to shore it up?

I’m letting my imagination run away with itself. Think I’ll go have a lie down.

• Like 1

The enemy detection distance is atrocious. Can hardly go near a conservation start spot without getting spotted by some enemy, and it isn't made better by the obnoxious addition of the thumpers. Was excited for the conservation addition, but man does it suck in its current state when there is such high enemy concentration. 

*TRANSCRIPT OF INTERCEPTED GRINEER COMMUNICATIONS - DRONE #453*

Elite Lancer: "Commander, we have reports that the tenno are attacking one of our camps to the North! should we-"

Commander: "NO! no no no, let them deal with it. we have more important thigns to worry about.."

*another Lancer runs in*

Elite Lancer #2: "Commander, sir! a scouting party has just spotted a tenno running around in the open, it's trying to protect the endangered wildlife!"

Commander: "TENNO SKOOM!! mobilize all our forces immediately! Thumpers, Dargyns, Ogmas send everything we have, I'll radio for reinforcements!"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skailo said:

I super enjoy the Conservation mechanic (mini-game?) Getting floofs and tracking down these animals is quite relaxing and fun to me. So with the announcement of Conservation being added with the plains rework I was excited!
But It appears there are a few problems, Some bugs, some I think, Oversights.

I went out onto the plains too Hunt the Mergoo, the new animal released with this Remaster.

I go to a pop spot and before anything I get attacked, "okay" I say this happens on the Valis just gotta kill these guys and NOPE orbital drop of more dudes, okay Ill just kill all them and here come some dargyns. I think you get my point after about actually 5 minutes of fighting I get to do the thing I wanted, Being tracking and make my way to the call point. Once I get to the call point I pull out my echo lure and more dudes! "Alright" I kill them and use the lure I get the new dialog nice, return call, and nothing. silence then I get mortared and a tusk thumper dude, shows up. While fighting these guys that I did nothing to alert, I see the Mergoo Doing what only can be described as the tights donuts a bird can fly high up in the air.

Im sure you see my problem, even as an Ivara out on the plains I dont hear the thig show up and get bombarded with much more Grineer than I could imagine outside ESO.
Plains look great, Tusk enemy seems pretty good just cant hunt as well as I can in the valis because theres a stream of enemies just hurling themselves at me.

Yep.

Same thing often happens to me when I'm just trying to mine or fish...a near endless stream of Grineer squads & Dargyns coming at me...even though I've done nothing to draw their attention. Have to spend a good 10-15 minutes killing them before I can get back to doing what I went there for. :sad:

Not looking forward to getting chased by Thumpers. :surprised:

Weirdly I've found its not such an issue in the Vallis.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

It actually becomes more of a problem during nighttime.

I know my way around during the day.
But at night, vomvalysts like to attack you as well.

Wouldn't be a big deal, apart from the fact:
that you cannot enter operator mode, with a readied tranq.

You can allways quick melee some pesky grineer.
But vomvalysts require the tranq rifle to be stowed.
Get rid of the threat, and then take your gear out again.

It kind of, ruins the flow a bit.
More of a nuissance than anything else.

1 hour ago, AegisAmaranth said:

Ain't paracesis goin' to help here?

9 hours ago, Midarc said:

Perhaps one day the energy walls will be pushed back. not altering what we have but expanding it a bit further.  give the grineer some room to stretch their weird little legs.

Not a full sized Valis, but a little more room to run about in.  theres a couple of caves that already poke outside of the walled off area, or at least it feels like they do.

Maybe the eidolons’ll decide to kick one down and we’ll have to reinforce the new perimeter in a community event like they did with earth relay. Final boss fight against an eidolon crossing the plains towards a weak point and it has to be held off or destroyed while konzu and the ostron try to shore it up?

I’m letting my imagination run away with itself. Think I’ll go have a lie down.

Yeah I have been thinking about an expansion suggestion myself, 

Just imagine

an actual sealab entrance on the sea you can fly / Kdrive to, 

and persistent underground cave labyrinths like the blackreach, all connected. 

Maybe some infestation fighting against ghouls after all those ghoul bounties and plague stars. 

So we encounter the same issue we had when Fortuna conservation came out. I could barely hear my lure because of swarm of Dargyns, ships and grinner yelling "ku*va" at nothing since i obviously went on Loki. They need to fix badly because it is kinda ridiculous that i have to take Ivara to fish in peace....Cannot they add some camouflage item that would make any frame not take any kind of aggro and be invisible but make us unable to fight while wearing it. Yes, we want to fish and hunt in peace!

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Commander: "TENNO SKOOM!! mobilize all our forces immediately! Thumpers, Dargyns, Ogmas send everything we have, I'll radio for reinforcements!"

I can already see how this plays out..... 

Me with my tranq gun surrounded by no fewer than six Bulkors....

KILL EVERYTHING, the woman and the children too. Then and only then when you're soaked in the blood of your enemies with brain matter splattering your armour, start hunting small fluffy animals. Except for that new ugly thing, kill that before it can breed, nevermind conserving it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skailo said:

I am going to guess you did not take Irava, learn your lesson?

When I went back to the plains after playing a lot of Fortuna I was so appalled at how much I got attacked. I remember thinking, ‘wow doing censervation here would suck.’ Because the grineer air unit non stop track you. Like it’s completely impossible to avoid getting attacked, unless you hide in a corner and don’t move.

It’s already annoying enough that there are just a group of 3 enemies in Fortuna spread in the most convenient places or that are ships drop 10x more right in front of you when you place down a marker (is this an actual features or am I crazy? Like I stopped placing markers for tracking animals because so many airships would land where I was going.) 

but yeah in the Plains, grineer can pretty much track your presence. 

After playing a bit of these new Plains I have to agree. It needs many adjustments to work well with Animal Conservation.

First time I tried Plains' conservation, I only got a bunch of animal bits because the Ghouls kept harassing me and exploding over the calling spot. I didn't even get to see the animals before they died.

Edited by TwilightVulpine

On 2019-04-05 at 6:39 AM, AegisAmaranth said:

I couldn't tell if you were already doing this, but if you melee (the air) with your tranq rifle out, you'll swap to melee and then you can enter operator mode. I believe it keeps your tranq rifle "out" so that if you aim/fire after returning to your frame, your tranq rifle comes back out.

It is still clunky, though, so I still agree with you on ruining the flow.