Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discord, Chat, GOTL and more - updates & conclusions!

[DE]Rebecca

Can people get a DM or mail from kickbot telling them how long they're going to be chat banned?
If a reason gets tossed in as well, then it'll add some clarity for those who lost chat privileges.

33 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Out of curiosity, what will happen to the GOTL armour?

I didn't see if anyone responded, but now-former guides are given the armor to keep, alongside the sigil, but will no longer have the accolade in our profiles.

@[DE]Rebecca

As a celebratory milestone for such a great decision and despite what others may see as a hate-worthy delay for a real resolution, 

COULD WE PLEASE HAVE THE GUIDES OF THE LOTUS ARMOR AS A SPECIAL SUPER AMAZING BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU 6TH ANNIVERSARY GIFT 

Given to anyone who logs in or completes a special mission? 

Ive wanted that armor for years now. As have MANY others. 

Dex armor ftw. 

Please and thank you for your consideration, as a team, regarding this matter. 

Just now, Magnus said:

Release the GotL armor and sigils to the general public!

Anyone can be helpful, no one has ever needed a special title to do such, but you CAN reward people for doing so actively! Just look at TF2!

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Professor_Speks

While this does sound like a good idea in theory, it also opens the the door all kinds of abusive or other undesirable behavior. People would just get the item(s) and just simply stop contributing most likely, other might use alt account to boost their points to get it faster, etc.

If they did decide to add it, it'd have to be something that was maintained, and not simply earned to prevent a lot of it.

25 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Well GOTL are no more but i still thanks guys for being awesome and helping new tenno ^.^ 

It's been an honor! (and most of us aren't going anywhere, speaking for myself, i'm gonna keep doing what i've been doing :heart:)

22 minutes ago, --Q--Phanini said:

A system of warning messages or not allowing us to log in because of these external programs will improve the outcome significantly. 

The launcher used to refuse to launch if it found certain programs were already open.  It would give a text warning telling you to close them first.

(It doesn't appear to be doing that for me right now though, and there was no warning given once in-game either.)

So that warning could be re-added and one in the client added as well maybe Idunno'.

1 minute ago, Dark-Comander said:

The lotus guides helped a lot in the last times when more new players have come and found help with them. Now they give them a kick? it does not seem fair to me

The Programme is being retired because a team of 250 players across 4 platforms and all timezones has proven to be ineffective in the long run (especially when you consider that there's around 50 million registered players), the new system is going to encourage the whole community to help each other out, us guides won't be going anywhere, I'll still be helping as many people as I can, but the Guides programme is a waste of resources at this point, and I'd want DE to invest those resources elsewhere. 

Any thoughts as to what the peer review system will lead to? So will helpful members of the community who are upvoted consistently be rewarded? And, if so, will there be measures in place to prevent abuse?

3 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

Any thoughts as to what the peer review system will lead to? So will helpful members of the community who are upvoted consistently be rewarded? And, if so, will there be measures in place to prevent abuse?

I can personally see it as having a possible dark side to it of people "downvoting" genuinely good and helpful Tenno, if that will be a thing of course, though I'm just paranoid. I will say the same thing I told people wanting to be Guides for the Cosmetics only though: If a reward is your only reason for helping, then you shouldn't help. Help because you want to ^.^ And I'm not saying that is your only reason, just stating my view on that matter is all

5 minutes ago, TheArQu said:

So warframe is still M rated game with PG13 chat filter... greeeeaaaat... 

The examples provided relate to trans/homophobia and child abuse. They aren’t acceptable regardless of the platform, age range or anything else. They just aren’t. 

19 minutes ago, Bengosha said:

250 people in the program spread over all paltforms. the program couldn't grow at the same rate the game and community did. It makes sense you didn't see any of us but that's a poor attitude to take on it.

Yeah, a poor attitude about it I'll agree with you on that. However, people also asked for months and months to reopen applications for that reason. They could have easily had more than 250 people in the program but chose not to. At least the Warframe partners on Twitch are around to help newer players.  

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cephalon Keeper said:

I can personally see it as having a possible dark side to it of people "downvoting" genuinely good and helpful Tenno, if that will be a thing of course, though I'm just paranoid. I will say the same thing I told people wanting to be Guides for the Cosmetics only though: If a reward is your only reason for helping, then you shouldn't help. Help because you want to ^.^ And I'm not saying that is your only reason, just stating my view on that matter is all

No need for the edit 😀 I’m not one of those who jumps to dramatic conclusions! I help those in need when they ask for taxis, or within my own clan, or when random new people ask for common mods I’ll chuck a few extra in etc. I was more curious about the system and how it would work, if indeed there were one. 

I am thankful to DE and the community for giving me the opportunity to do what I love. Will continue to help new & returning players, and I am hopeful for the new system that’ll come into play in the future.

And remember fellow Guides;

This isn’t the end, but the start of a new chapter.

7 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

Yeah, a poor attitude about it I'll agree with you on that. However, people also asked for months and months to reopen applications for that reason. They could have easily had more than 250 people in the program but chose not to. At least the Warframe partners on Twitch are around to help newer players.  

You also have to remember, the program was backed up by DE. They probably did not have the manpower to manage the thousands of needed volunteers in that case. Even one staff per 100 guides would be too much for staff, but also too little little for guides; which is about what it would have been like most likely.

Archived