Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What it feels like if DE added jamming mechanic to the game?

._.-._.

something that stuck in my brain for a while, wondering what it feels like if so, or what do you think...

in case you wondering what's jamming: it's like a fired bullet stuck in a gun after firing them, then you need to work out to unjam the gun

Edited by ._.-._.

15 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

That works in a realistic shooter like Stalker, it has no place in a fast paced sci fi game like Warframe honestly. It would only detract from the game, not add to it. 

Exactly, it'd be like driving a Formula 1 Car only for the game to slam the break pedal in your face every 3 minutes.

Edited by Mrevasivepants

3 hours ago, ._.-._. said:

something that stuck in my brain for a while, wondering what it feels like if so, or what do you think...

in case you wondering what's jamming: it's like a fired bullet stuck in a gun after firing them, then you need to work out to unjam the gun

It'd work (and it has been used) in FPS games where you're not regularly facing hordes.

Not so in Warframe...it'd just make people resort to frame abilities or meleé. Not to mention annoy the hell out of them...

3 hours ago, ._.-._. said:

during the profit taker fight trying to pull out my archwing gun already kinda gives me the experience of jamming so no I rather not have actual jamming in the game.

I've played games with a jamming mechanic. Americas Army before they went to 3.0 version (think back to around 2006) had weapon jams and in order to fix em you had to press a button way off on the keyboard (by default) and it would check the chamber, get rid of the round and then you would be back to normal. It worked very well in that game. Also happened in Fallout NV a lot. It wouldn't work in Warframe but it works in other games for sure.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

during the profit taker fight trying to pull out my archwing gun already kinda gives me the experience of jamming so no I rather not have actual jamming in the game.

Yup. Trying to equip it, or unequip it, or fire it, or...well, anything involving the Archgun is pretty much like a double-feed.

I click on the top thinking it's a debuff on the enemies, not a nerf tot he player. So a negative multishot? Worse yet, we have to bind another button onto the controller which console doesn't have anymore at the moment. Hell, people would just macro the fire button to the fix jam button then spam it all day.

9 hours ago, ._.-._. said:

DEAR GOD NO.

even in hyper-realistic games like Metro:Exodus where that mechanic "belongs", it's unwelcome. sure, even an AK can jam eventually, but the slightest bit of Dust or Snow renders every gun near useless unless you always keep chemicals on hand, and about 20 mins is all it takes for a clean weapon to get dirty. seriously, everyone's first reaction on the first jam is "ooh, that's kinda realistic", but then after about 5 or 6 jams mid-combat you start saying things like "F**king gun!! again!?", and you just get annoyed.

so no, I NEVER want to see this in Warframe: besides, we are so far into the future and have so much magic BS in this universe it makes more sense for our guns to NOT jam, the only reason enemies suffer from it is because of us being super OP.

9 hours ago, ._.-._. said:

That would be a bad implementation of that mechanic for the players.

For the enemies, it works, because if you use Mag with Counter Pulse, enemies's weapons would jam by the power of magnetism.

But for the players? It would add frustration and annoyance.

Besides, it would barely work with most of the weapons, due to them being either bows, beam weapons, flamethrowers or able to fire energy bullets. Even worse, if the weapon that happens to have a jammed bullet is the Tonkor, the Penta, the Zarr or the Ogris, the user would be shredded to pieces by its own weapon.

i would only be fine with this if the idea is implemented to a enemy that needs to land its shot on you for it to work that only appear in higher difficulty setting (if they ever add that in) or atleast in higher lvl where ppl are obviously trying to get something difficult

1 minute ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

Besides, it would barely work with most of the weapons, due to them being either bows, beam weapons, flamethrowers or able to fire energy bullets.

I mean, you say that, but at the same time we have things like "weapon restriction, shotgun" as a sortie modifier.  It's described as something like "mechanical disruptors on site are configured to disable a majority of weapons, [type] will be your only option."  I'm sorry, but how can a "mechanical disruptor" disrupt my throwing stars?  Or even more absurd, MY SWORD.  It's a length of sharpened metal, there's nothing to disrupt.

Anyway, I agree with others, weapon jams for players would be a horrible addition to the game.  Weapon jams, friendly fire, other similar things have their places.  Warframe is not it though.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

I mean, you say that, but at the same time we have things like "weapon restriction, shotgun" as a sortie modifier.  It's described as something like "mechanical disruptors on site are configured to disable a majority of weapons, [type] will be your only option."  I'm sorry, but how can a "mechanical disruptor" disrupt my throwing stars?  Or even more absurd, MY SWORD.  It's a length of sharpened metal, there's nothing to disrupt.

right, i forgot about that.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

seriously, everyone's first reaction on the first jam is "ooh, that's kinda realistic", but then after about 5 or 6 jams mid-combat you start saying things like "F**king gun!! again!?", and you just get annoyed.

Won't lie... I am now actually keen to have an optional jam mechanic as voice chat would be hella lit. Damn... I was of the stance it should not be implemented... but how you so eloquently put it... it sounds entertaining now.

14 hours ago, Goodwill said:

I'm all for making Warframe a harder, more challenging, and a little more down to earth game... But let's not introduce RNG mechanics to do so...

It was harder and didnt see an uptick in player base til they relaxed some things. 3 deaths per day and you can no longer use that frame til reset to 6 deaths per mission and your frame doesnt get locked out. Raids to no raids. It's been traded for item and rep gating to the extreme. I would gladly go back to the difficulty if that was the gating instead of the way it is. But then we would lose a huge portion of the player base. So we have what we have.