Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Doing the "10 Nightmare Missions" challenge is torture

Xaxma

First of all, I'd like to begin with saying I strongly support NW. I see it as a huge success and I can't wait to see what sort of interesting challenges await me every week. For instance, giving us the task of completing a tridelon capture, a 60 minute kuva survival, 40 waves of defense, etc., those were all cool.

10 nightmare missions are not cool, it's the most chore-like challenge of the bunch. It's not exactly hard, not at all, but it is really tedious in its own way. They usually come with some BS that tends to restrict frame choice or clear speed too, making it feel that much slower and annoying to complete. On top of that, it's really cruel to couple it with a sortie clear challenge and invasion mission challenge. Tedious!

• Like 3

If you find it tedious then don't do it. I finish these challenges only if I have enough time right before week ends. I skipped most of these in previous weeks. (9 invasions, 10 nightmare missions, 9 syndicate missions). I'd rather see "Finish 1 exterminate undetected, lvl 30+" (I can also unlock riven in the process then).

I guess DE is making this on purpose to give all NW-points only to those most dedicated "grinders" because they found out they have limited amount of Umbra formas on stock!!! 😄

Edited by (PS4)shanncz

2 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

Nightmare missions are a joke...just pick the easiest ones and then the next day a few and you are through... stop whining. It's not like they are difficult in any way.

The problem is it's not difficult, just time consuming and not rewarding at all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Xaxma said:

First of all, I'd like to begin with saying I strongly support NW. I see it as a huge success and I can't wait to see what sort of interesting challenges await me every week. For instance, giving us the task of completing a tridelon capture, a 60 minute kuva survival, 40 waves of defense, etc., those were all cool.

10 nightmare missions are not cool, it's the most chore-like challenge of the bunch. It's not exactly hard, not at all, but it is really tedious in its own way. They usually come with some BS that tends to restrict frame choice or clear speed too, making it feel that much slower and annoying to complete. On top of that, it's really cruel to couple it with a sortie clear challenge and invasion mission challenge. Tedious!

I agree with you, 60 min kuva, tridolon fight, index challenge, those were all cool and fun. But people whined and complained so much in the forums that the past few weeks all the challenges have been these brain dead snorefest "do 10" of this or that, usually very mundane stuff, like nightmare missions or opening relics. I just really hope this is a temporary bandaid fix until season 2, so DE can keep everyone happy with easy (if grindy and boring) challenges until they can properly tune the system and offer something that will please everyone and allow you to choose which kinds of challenges and under which difficulty you want to do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I agree with you, 60 min kuva, tridolon fight, index challenge, those were all cool and fun. But people whined and complained so much in the forums that the past few weeks all the challenges have been these brain dead snorefest "do 10" of this or that, usually very mundane stuff, like nightmare missions or opening relics. I just really hope this is a temporary bandaid fix until season 2, so DE can keep everyone happy with easy (if grindy and boring) challenges until they can properly tune the system and offer something that will please everyone and allow you to choose which kinds of challenges and under which difficulty you want to do. 

I don't know about difficulty settings. That's not going to be enough to "please everyone", which is in of itself an impossible task. You just have to hope to make most everyone happy and ignore the dissent from the tiny minority or else you'll never come to a decision. 

However, I don't see anyone hooting and hollering about this challenge. "Oh wowee, I get to do 10 nightmare mode missions! Yes!" This isn't happening. I see it with people who wanted a reason to do a 60 minute survival or a 40 wave defense, but not this. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

I don't know about difficulty settings. That's not going to be enough to "please everyone", which is in of itself an impossible task. You just have to hope to make most everyone happy and ignore the dissent from the tiny minority or else you'll never come to a decision. 

However, I don't see anyone hooting and hollering about this challenge. "Oh wowee, I get to do 10 nightmare mode missions! Yes!" This isn't happening. I see it with people who wanted a reason to do a 60 minute survival or a 40 wave defense, but not this. 

I honestly cant see whats wrong with nightmare, Imo half of the community have gone "soft" and expect to wipe the room with their mesas they umbral forma'd and their god roll amprex rivens. Nightmare reminds me that "hey, get down from that power high horse. We're gonna play something thats actually challenging".

16 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Time consuming? If you are not picking the wrong frame it takes the same time as a normal mission xD

Well... will you do any normal mission in daily basis?

Normal missions are time consuming... or. basically waste of time.

Yes there is bunch of exceptions.

• Like 1

If playing a mission type in warframe is torture..I would be curious to what you think of real torture.    All nightmare missions do is take you out of your comfort zone and give you a reasonable push to try different frames.    But if your logic is to be mad at DE because you want to put a round peg in every hole...well, can't help you.    I did my 10 nightmare missions in  around 40 minutes IIRC and dusted off a few frames I haven't used as of late for funzy.  

Edited by Chappie1975

16 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

If playing a mission type in warframe is torture..I would be curious to what you think of real torture.    All nightmare missions do is take you out of your comfort zone and give you a reasonable push to try different frames.    But if your logic is to be mad at DE because you want to put a round peg in every hole...well, can't help you.    I did my 10 nightmare missions in  around 40 minutes IIRC and dusted off a few frames I haven't used as of late for funzy.  

Same. blew through it without any thought. even had wolf show up a couple times which was icing on the cake within an hour.

On 2019-04-11 at 3:25 AM, Xaxma said:

10 nightmare missions are not cool, it's the most chore-like challenge of the bunch

I think all of these types (10 nightmare, 10 syndicate, 9 invasions) are fine. They push me back to game types I haven't played in a while and don't take too long.

On 2019-04-11 at 3:25 AM, Xaxma said:

a 60 minute kuva survival

I hated this one. I have a family and a job and can't always pick when I have an hour to play solidly without interruption, which also makes getting a team to do this hard.

Then add a host migration at 58 minutes that meant I had to do the whole thing twice? That sucked.

I guess not everyone is going to enjoy every challenge, but that's fine.

I think the only ones I objected to as challenges (and that I think DE shouldn't do again) are the RNG ones like socket 5 Ayatans (now I can only socket them when there's a challenge to do so, otherwise I risk being unable to complete the challenge again) or the ones that need me to repeat stuff (guild a modular weapon, use 3 forma).

Am 11.4.2019 um 04:25 schrieb Xaxma:

So you dont like nightmare because it restricts frame choice and is tedious but you list 60min kuva and tridolon as challenges you liked? There are few things in the game as restrictive for frame choice as Tridolon capture and few things as tedious as sitting in a survival for 60 minutes. As long as you arent picking out every nightmare defense you are always done sooner with 10 nightmare missions than the 60 minutes from kuva survival.

On 2019-04-11 at 11:04 AM, Test-995 said:

The problem is it's not difficult, just time consuming and not rewarding at all.

The same can be said for 60 minutes of Kuva Survival, 40 waves of defence and forced Tridolons, though. It's like I've been saying from the start - Nightwave's approach of "encouraging" everyone to do everything is guaranteed to make everyone do something they don't like. For every person who S#&$-talked me for disliking Kuva Survival, I knew the day would come when THEY would run into a challenge they find impossible, tedious or just dumb. It's the nature of the system.

7 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

So you dont like nightmare because it restricts frame choice and is tedious but you list 60min kuva and tridolon as challenges you liked? There are few things in the game as restrictive for frame choice as Tridolon capture and few things as tedious as sitting in a survival for 60 minutes. As long as you arent picking out every nightmare defense you are always done sooner with 10 nightmare missions than the 60 minutes from kuva survival.

The thing is ... Those things can be challenging, which is engaging.

And those things also give good rewards .... which is also engaging.

I'm sure my 40th Constitution and 87th Seeking Fury is riveting! 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Xaxma:

The thing is ... Those things can be challenging, which is engaging.

And those things also give good rewards .... which is also engaging.

I'm sure my 40th Constitution and 87th Seeking Fury is riveting! 

Doing a 60 minutes survival or 40 waves in a defense mission isn't challenging. It's a grudge match against boredom. 

On 2019-04-11 at 1:04 PM, Test-995 said:

Well... will you do any normal mission in daily basis?

Normal missions are time consuming... or. basically waste of time.

Yes there is bunch of exceptions.

Uh... Yeah? Many people will do normal missions on a daily basis. Many will do farming runs, or levelling runs, or time in the sanctuary, or farming Eidolons or pigments, or simaris targets, or nightmare mods... People do these things. 

But then.... We're not the ones who claim that claim that ESO is tedious, and then claim that everything but ESO is tedious just 3 minutes later😂

But seriously, if you actively dislike the vast majority of the game, then you probably won't like a system that tries to encourage you to actually play the game. 

Except the nightmare task isn't a daily, it's a weekly task.

As in the game is giving you seven days to complete a grand total of 10 missions, of which can run from a single minute (capture) to 5 minutes (survival or defence). You can pair the Nightmare mission with some other tasks too, like the usual daily or even another weekly like compete X sabotage or capture missions.