Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Ok so ever since Wisp was released, I get fps drops in lobbies that have atleast one wisp in them. Idk what it is, like for instance I just did an arby with a wisp who was defending an interception point, every time I went near the point my fps went from 72 to like 50 while in the area, but the minute I looked away and went back to what I was doing, my fps went up. I havent had this issue before, and in every other game mode, my fps is fine.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But is it as bad as the Volt speed buff. The issue with Volt is that he creates a significant increase in speed for other frames. Does Wisp apply that same level of speed?

No, hers isn't as bad as volt's. I can tell I'm moving fast, but it's never an issue; I'm not running into things, or having a hard time controlling my warframe.  

Edited by Maka.Bones

So I have played her and love her a lot already there is just a wee few things I find is missing

Her 4th. I don't know it just feels like that power doesn't suit her power set. It does look awesome tho.

Crouching - Wisp has custom walking animation yet her crouch is the plain same old one we see on every other frame. Not to mention, it's weird seeing her crouch walk with no feet.

Equipped melee - When you have melee equipped Wisp uses the regular walking animation as everyone else. It would be nice when you moved around with melee in hand that she used her custom animations then 2. 

• Like 3

Her 4 is maybe cos someone in DE just want her to have that, no regard to whether it suits or not.

It is said that besides her special animation, all other animations of her DE said it is too much work. Not sure if it is true. But the fact she only has special animation on wielding primary & secondary only is quite a false advertising.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Since melee animations animate the whole body, no. That would require a full reanimation of every since stance combo.

Im thinking of only replacing the legs animation. the original standing stance should stay the same. Just the sprint and walking animation

Actually I do have to agree. The sun laser doesn't make too much sense and the fact that I have heard others say it is underwhelming (which makes sense considering how powerful she can be with the rest of her kit), so I could see why one might think it doesn't fit too well.

Now would I replace it with anything... maybe, but I don't know what that would be.

Though it does open up the idea for a potential augment. If her 4 is her putting a portal in front of the sun, what would happen if she put a portal in front of a black hole?

• Like 1

Get all the buffs from your 1 going, send her 2 into the crowd you're going to nuke with her 4, have her 2 clone trip her 3 in the crowd, then unleash the power of the sun. Bonus damage and procs from her 1 + invisibility buff from her 2 + the pax seeker style projectiles from her 3 can do some crazy stuff with her 4. She's actually got legit synergy.

Can you please make it to where the health regen from a Vitality Mote can also be applied to a companion? Every other healing ability capable of healing other tenno that I can personally think of also affects companions (Trinity, Oberon, Harrow, Garuda, Venari, Inaros, etc.) While I think the max health buff would be overkill for companions, I think just the regen element of the ability should be able to be applied to them, whether by them walking through the radius of the mote, or simply by sharing the health regen of the mote if their owner is buffed with it.

• Like 1

Loving Wisp for the most part right now.  Just a few minor criticisms really.

Passive - love it.  Noticeably useful as a quick aggro drop and gives value to some mods that have often been neglected.  Not an OP passive by any means, and fits thematically.

Motes - also great.  Vit mote and haste mote are spot on with what they do.  Shock mote could use a bit of help.  It's not bad for what it does, but an electricity proc, even against 5 targets, really doesn't do all that much that's unique.  Maybe adding some kind of extra debuff on affected targets, with duration and power strength affecting the debuff.  Perhaps just a raw increase to damage dealt, or an additional amount of flat damage added based on power strength, or priming the enemies to "explode" with a percentage of the damage they have taken as an aoe explosion in a small (2-3m maybe) radius.  Something that I won't be doing already with my Amprex.

Will o' Wisp - great mobility and aggro draw tool.  My only grip is how the "fast" version of it activates teleport on-release.  I'd like an option to toggle it for on-release or on second press in the options.  The second press teleport on the normal usage of the skill feels much more intuitive for me, although I'm sure people out there feel the same way about the "on-release" aspect of the faster version.

Surge - a nice skill that doesn't really seem to have much obvious impact except that I notice when I use it things tend to die faster and in a larger wave.  Not a bad skill by any means, just hard to tell if it's doing what it should.  No real suggestions here.  The teleportation to the Mote wells is a nice touch for mobility.

Sol Gate - love this skill, although it's not easy on the eyes by any means.  Yes, part of that is I went for a "blue star" energy look so it's this very bright blue-white color.  Which is awesome of course.  The only downside is aiming it tends to come down to pointing my character at the nearest red arrow on the minimap and doing my best to stay on target until I see the red arrow disappear.  The synergies with the motes are a great boon that helps it scale in damage more effectively, and being able to re-position using her 2 makes for some fun times.  I can't really think of anything to deal with the visual noise aspect of the skill except maybe to provide a passive effect that while Sol Gate is being channeled all enemies that are visible via LoS for Wisp are noticeably outlined in a contrasting color to her energy.  But functionally this skill is nice.  Feels good to use and seems to have good damage up to at least the 60's with about 180% power strength.

small additional suggestion for sol-gate: it seems a bit awkward to me that 2 out of the 3 motes give +25% damage.

the shock mote would make more sense to grant corr proccs and the haste one 25% dmg on top, but maybe instead of direct dmg it grants faster "fire rate" which would also benefit the procc frequency. the vitality mote though could, instead of 25% damage, cause enemies who die to sol-gate to explode, dealing a % of their max health as viral damage in an aoe around them with a guaranteed viral procc.

would be straight buff to the ability imo without making it too strong but also giving it some enemy-scaling damage. i still think sol-gate is good already considering the other abilities wisp has but that doesnt mean it couldnt use some more balancing-love and damage scaling with enemy level is also something nice for those players who love long runs.

Edited by Xydeth
  • Like 1

a literally "cherry on top" wish, if the electric reservoir beside the corrosive STATUS PROCS, added corrosive DAMAGE too.

as for the rest i gotta say i really love this frame, it's fun to play, i love every bit of it starting from the passive and even her 4th.

After some epic fails or boring frames finally another well designed frame that is not just about using 1 ability, the sinergies are good...

Edited by arm4geddon-117
  • Like 1

First I have to say great job with Wisp, she is fantastic. Definitely my new favorite warframe.

I have a few suggestions though to make her even better.

Breach surge: 

• Add a chance for  the projectiles to trigger on death. The ability has a lot of potential for clearing trash, but a lot of heavy hitting guns kill enemies too fast for this to have an opportunity to trigger.
  • Allow this to be cast while channeling Sol Gate. The synergy between proc rate for 3 and 4 is nice but with 3's relatively short duration it hurts the pace of playing her when you are forced out of 4 to cast 3.

Sol Gate:

• This ability still suffers from the old beam mechanics of toggling on and off enemies being better than focused fire. It would be nice if this ability had a faster tick rate to add synergy to the status procs and worked more closely to continuous beam weapons. Maybe power strength could increase fire rate or multishot? Also, the increased damage while focusing targets doesn't seem very noticeable in comparison to the corrosion procs armor stripping which is another reason fire rate is more synergistic. 
  • More of a wish on this one, but an added magnetic proc would be nice for shielded enemies and it would make sense for the build since radiation from the sun is 50% magnetic. 🙂 
  • Like 1

The ult has a low damage tick rate which feels wonky, it'll do a tick of damage and then a second later it'll do another with nothing in between. Kinda fugs up the status chance potential too.

On a minor sense I noticed her ult also randomly shoots out balls of fire from the sides of the beam, but they don't seem to do anything if they touch an enemy.

• Like 2

GOOD:

Her kit is pretty much perfect. One of the best designed Warframes out there.

Her abilities compliment the game very well and leave space open for the usage of weapons.

Amazing animations

IMPROVEMENTS:

Breach Surge: (feels a bit unreliable / RNG-based)

-Make the chance to create Surge Sparks mod-able oder increased in another form

Sol Gate: (needs a bit more damage / synergy)

-Increase ticks (not overall damage) per second

> more Surge Sparks

> more corrosive procs

(> faster ramp up)

The Passive and first abilities are good, but Wil-o-Wisp doesn't have many applications beyond fast traveling and cloaking. It doesn't seem to draw aggro consistently either. Breach Surge's sparks rarely spawn if affected enemies are hit with low fire rate weapons, and if said weapons kill enemies in a few hits, then chances for the sparks to be of any use are further reduced. Sol Gate's damage tick rate can be increased slightly, and the beam's radius can start out wide, then gradually shrink, similar to Mesa's Peacemaker aiming circle.

Edited by Cadrua

1 hour ago, Cadrua said:

Wil-o-Wisp doesn't have many applications beyond fast traveling and cloaking. It doesn't seem to draw aggro consistently either.

It turns you invisible while the clone is traveling, and it makes you invulnerable for a few seconds after you teleport. You can also use it along with breach surge, to double up on the AoE stun. 

I use it anytime I'm in trouble. So far If I use it first,  I don't get killed while resurecting people, or while healing myself, or when needing to escape. The agro draw does work, but it's not going to be a map-wide effect. Some enemies might also lose interest and walk away altogether (I think that's a bug)

Edited by Maka.Bones

I keep seeing people dissing there shock mote, so I want to voice why I actually appreciate it. 

1) it tells me when there are enemies near me (and in what direction)

2) it stops them, and sets them up for an easy headshot

3) the brief paralysis has saved my ass many times

4) it clears brood mother larvas

5) it sounds & looks cool. 

The only things I don't like about it, is that I can't use it during a spy mission or I'll give myself away. And some enemies don't get paralyzed by it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

It turns you invisible while the clone is traveling, and it makes you invulnerable for a few seconds after you teleport. You can also use it along with breach surge, to double up on the AoE stun. 

I use it anytime I'm in trouble. So far If I use it first,  I don't get killed while resurecting people, or while healing myself, or when needing to escape. The agro draw does work, but it's not going to be a map-wide effect. Some enemies might also lose interest and walk away altogether (I think that's a bug)

Yeah, I do realize Wil-o-Wisp's ability to cloak you and trigger a secondary Breach Surge, but my point is, its short duration doesn't give you a wide window to safely do whatever it is you need to do, and while its aggro drawing range isn't dramatic, I've sometimes seen enemies completely ignore it even if the clone passes right beside them.

With a duration based build (without Narrow Minded, only with P. Continuity, Constitution + (optional) Augur Message), the clone lasts roughly 6 seconds, tops. It might be enough to allow you to make an escape, but when it comes to reviving teammates, it's generally safer to eject your Operator and go Void Mode. Furthermore, Wisp can also throw off enemies' aim whenever she jumps, so that'd already provide an escape solution. If Wil-o-Wisp's duration and aggro range are increased, coupled with some possible additional synergies with the Motes and Sol Gate (such as casting the clone on teammates to deliver them Mote buffs at range, and having the clone project a damaging field around itself when Sol Gate is active), that'd give the ability more strategic uses.

• Like 1