Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time-gated events that rely on new gameplay systems need to start at least one or two weeks AFTER a Mainline major patch is deployed

notNSANE

I'm tired of seeing this cycle:

1. 1. DE releases new gameplay
  2. 2. They release a new event along it
  3. 3. Since they don't have QA, the new gameplay systems are completely broken so the community acts as QA
  4. 4. 8 hotfixes and 1-2 weeks later, gameplay is stable enough to play the event, but
  5. 5. The event is already over. See ya next event!

I'm tired of this. Tired of having to wait and wait and wait until the very last day of an event so maybe the fixes actually rolled in and I can actually try to rush and complete the event. 

It is extremely frustrating and something needs to be done about it. There is NO harm on delaying a time-gated event 2 weeks, and everyone would enjoy the new event and discovering. So far, every single time I have to struggle with the systems, trying to actively find exploits because the game is broken, etc. and ultimately I just quit the game until the last couple days, so I can play it properly. Every single time.

• Like 11

The event was extremely playable though. There were a few exploits but ... you... didn't have to use exploits to reach the 4k goal (or event reach 100k if you wanted to), you know ?

You're acting as if the game mode was unplayable until the last few days. It wasn't.

• Like 12

vor 5 Minuten schrieb notNSANE:

So far, every single time I have to struggle with the systems, trying to actively find exploits because the game is broken,

Personally, I'm not going for exploits and instead play the events how they are supposed to be played and I've rarely run into major issues. If you stop trying to cheat, it might work better for you?

11 minutes ago, notNSANE said:

So far, every single time I have to struggle with the systems, trying to actively find exploits because the game is broken

Image result for wait that's illegal

Okay, memes aside... what're you on about?  Disruption was entirely working when it launched (save Conduit Shields and that got removed quick) and the Loki exploit.  And really, that you looked for exploits kind of blunts your entire point.

Edited by Sintag
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, notNSANE said:

3. 3. Since they don't have QA, the new gameplay systems are completely broken so the community acts as QA
  4. 4. 8 hotfixes and 1-2 weeks later, gameplay is stable enough to play the event, but

I'm tired of this. Tired of having to wait and wait and wait until the very last day of an event so maybe the fixes actually rolled in and I can actually try to rush and complete the event. 

It is extremely frustrating and something needs to be done about it. There is NO harm on delaying a time-gated event 2 weeks, and everyone would enjoy the new event and discovering. So far, every single time I have to struggle with the systems, trying to actively find exploits because the game is broken, etc. and ultimately I just quit the game until the last couple days, so I can play it properly. Every single time.

Unless you meant the inability to solo extract, and the exploits that needed to be prevented, I don't get your post. The game mode was incredibly stable. Even with the last hotfix, there was a solid weekend to complete the event. And said hotfix was completely unrelated to game performance. 

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

The event was extremely playable though. There were a few exploits but ... you... didn't have to use exploits to reach the 4k goal (or event reach 100k if you wanted to), you know ?

You're acting as if the game mode was unplayable until the last few days. It wasn't.

^ Entirely this.

What were you trying to get at? You sound like you were more annoyed at having an exploited run wiped out, and no one wanting to do it with you in the last weekend stretch. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I don’t know what OPs on about either. I had all the goals done the day it dropped. Two days later did a 18k run for my clan. Gameplay was fine for me. 

12 minutes ago, notNSANE said:

The Event is a way to introduce the new game mode and have players actually play it to see how it is in exchange for some awesome rewards.

Also, despite "Broken" i managed to do the event on my own and took other 8 players to do the event too in different dates, didnt have any trouble and didnt encounter any bugs.

Neither I nor anybody in my clan encountered any bugs or instability issues with the event. I sat down and completed the whole thing in a short space of time. It’s difficult to understand where you are coming from given the reality does not reflect what you have written. 

19 minutes ago, notNSANE said:

Game mode was stable from day one for players who weren't trying to get absurdly high scores using bugged methods. 

Events introducing new game modes is a standard approach for this game.  It brings out the most players and provides a better testing than any QA they could do, in a far shorter time period. 

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

No. Op is right, RopaLOList was bugged AF.

Worse ... Boss... Fight... Ever in the history of WF.

Edited by 40PE
  • Like 1

It wasnt difficult at all to get all the missions done and the weapons obtained relatively quickly. I didn't even really notice any bugs apart from 1 vapos elite crewman that showed up as invulnerable to everything (abilities, weapons, operators) and he just followed us around the whole time so we ignored him lol.

10 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

Neither I nor anybody in my clan encountered any bugs or instability issues with the event. I sat down and completed the whole thing in a short space of time. It’s difficult to understand where you are coming from given the reality does not reflect what you have written. 

Are you a D.E. worker? You can't be serious. Are you talking about RopaLOList?

The first few days when I did the event, EVERY TIME it was stuck, not getting damaged, disappeared and appeared on somewhere else due to stuck, fall through the ground, etc, etc.

It was like an alpha state, not even beta.

This event is unworthy for WF, no, cancel that.... This Hastily put out event was unworthy for WF.

1 minute ago, 40PE said:

The thing is OP was talking about the Hostile Mergers event not the Ropalolyst bossfight

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 40PE said:

Are you a D.E. worker? You can't be serious. Are you talking about RopaLOList?

The first few days when I did the event, EVERY TIME it was stuck, not getting damaged, disappeared and appeared on somewhere else due to stuck, fall through the ground, etc, etc.

It was like an alpha state, not even beta.

This event is unworthy for WF, no, cancel that.... This Hastily put out event was unworthy for WF.

Thankfully, the Ropalolyst wasn't the event, nor the topic of this thread and you can return to blaming millenials for everything without posting more offtopic hyperbole.

• Like 8

More Operations should be released like The Index tried to. Unfortunately it wasn't an event, but a tactical alert to debut it would fix the issues with it for a later (polished) release.

The Jovian Concord would have been quite a shallow update without Hostile Mergers. The update is already lacking depth to begin with. I understand it's annoying with how this Operation went, but content is content, and more content = more to do. It was playable the entire duration of the release.

18 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

... return to blaming millenials for everything ...

Lol, where did that come from.

On-topic: I tentatively agree, but I'm not sure it would change much. The people who want to top the leaderboards would probably just closely guard their secrets instead of reporting them, and we'd be back to square one.

Also, a lot of people probably won't stick around for a postponed event after gathering the new things. That's just what this game incentivises.

What I find more confusing than OP's post is how many people apparently agreed with it when their point isn't remotely valid.

The only thing that didn't "work" with the event was the leaderboards before the exploits got patched which had nothing to do with the event functionality itself. And even after the exploited scores got purged people went on and proved that higher scores were possible legitimately anyways.

I played the event day one, and other than the conduit issue (which was fixed by day 3) there were no special issues with the event.

Sure there were host migration failures, but that isn’t new.

Things disappearing tends to be a connection issue.  Have you even checked that possibility before sperging?

1 hour ago, notNSANE said:

Honestly, i seen no problems with the event at all.

Also, what in the even you mean that it was "time-gated"? i don't remember Spectra Vandal and Glaxion Vandal being a requirement to continue the main story, and we had time to complete the four missions.

And btw, if you searched for exploits, the point you're making is kinda low.

I put several hours into running disruption over the event, and the only thing I encountered that I could even start to call a bug was a single Demo that didn't have the priority target marker on it.

Like... historically, new gametypes do tend to be buggy, I'll give you that, but Hostile Mergers was incredibly stable, in my experience.

1 hour ago, 40PE said:

My dude... That's not a Ropalolyst issue... It's a general thing with PC updates, and an somewhat intended thing at that... You better get used to it, honestly.