Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why every human npc so unattractive?

4 минуты назад, MagPrime сказал:

So...being part Magnet...

Exactly. So many things can go wrong. But damn, it will probably worth it!

At least they both made of sturdy stuff and you will not have to worry about accidentally crushing them.

Edit: LPW goes places?

Edited by rand0mname

Mainly because they have fk'd up standards for 'beauty'.

The Corpus's standard, the wealthier you are, the more impractical, expensive and snobby your clothes look, the more attractive you are considered.

Grineer are cloned and are meritocratic and the Infested are..., well the Infested, beauty and healthyness doesn't play a part in their reproduction.

And small communities like the Ostron never had enough people to choose from to begin with and their diet isn't too healthy either as already mentioned.

Lets be real well warframe does look good overall.  The characters are not designed to be the idealized sexual super models we see on average.

Personally i would prefer the better creator for our operaters that gave that option.

The tenno are physically kids of various ages but are mentally centuries old.  But as beings of the void the tenno through mastery of their powers should be able to take on whatever form they please at will.

I don't care for the operaters androgyness prepubesent forms.  Perhaps through additional quests and gathering focus we'll eventually get adult tenno.  Maybe the duviri paradox will open up that option.

il y a 6 minutes, Lost_Cartographer a dit :

The reason most Ostron's are ugly is because they use the same 2 faces and bodies for nearly all of them.  Konzu and Hok literally have the same face.  You're not meant to peer to closely.

A look around any relay however will show you the system is full of masked super models.

A diversity of faces would be welcomed.

Edited by angias
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Every single human npc in this game is completely unattractive

the perception of beauty is totally subjective and has changed many times over the centuries.attitudes towards appearances change all the time.

in the Warframe Universe, the Orokin strived tirelessly to reach visual perfection and purity, which they believe was achieved through neutral and Monochrome colours and heavy use of Gilding and symmetry. now the visuals have changed away from that.

7 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

If a person thinks that some overweight unhealthy person with disproportional face features is more attractive than a fit person with perfect proportional face features, then he or she have some major mental issues

fun fact: in some ancient cultures, overweight/obese women were chosen over all others, because their larger food intake was a sign they had more than enough to go around, so any male who hooked up with them would be safe in the knowledge that they wouldn't starve. not the same now of course, but that's the point: thigns change.

without wanting to sound like some Tumblrina, I do think you're being rather narrow minded when you say this; would you deny someone who is loyal, friendly and has all the good qualities a human can have, just because she's doesn't look like a model? if so, then perhaps it is you that has the issues.

8 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

It's too weird. Every single human npc in this game is completely unattractive (like in Cetus/Plains of Eidolon).

Heck, even the operator faces are too weird so I prefer to use masks on them.

Cleeeeeaaaaaaan FAaaaaaacces mod! 

4 hours ago, angias said:

A diversity of faces would be welcomed.

Technically speaking, it's more to save on load times and memory and on the front of effort, a lot of work to make a bunch of unique faces, especially for forgettable no name characters. 

Though I think Fortuna kinda-sorta throws it all out the window, but the engine had been updated a bit since PoE.  I don't see DE going back to PoE just to update some faces.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

If you look at human history, someone with looks of young Megan Fox was always the very attractive one, and not someone with the looks of Sarah Jessica Parker, for example.

I don't find Megan Fox attractive even now.

And in, say, renaissance period fat cows, i mean, plus-sized ladies were all the rage and Megan Fox would be openly frowned upon.

Edited by WindigoTG
  • Like 2

Some pretty faces there but those are mainly the new Loka. The people's of Cetus are ugly and range to mediocre. That is not a problem for me but they are like clones.  DE does not like the faces and what they can is give mask on everything. 

I can prove it. 

Warframes has no real face,  Corpus has normal faces but clones and all wear helmets. Grineer ugly but most use helmet,  same goes for the syndicates which also use helmets to hide themselves.  Infested just infested. 

DE is not good in making faces so they are hiding them. 

Blizzard still cannot make children faces and those ugly as hell too but that's another story.

Edited by Sziklamester
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

Some pretty faces there but those are mainly the new Loka.

Yep, Loka's view of beauty standards is the closest one to nature, just like everything about them, it's amazing how DE gone in details to portray that.

They don't believe in Corpus plutocratic or Grineer meritocratic favoritism, which in the end would only favor their ruling elites and enslave them.

They know once such a system collapses, nature takes its course and sorts out people once favored by that artificial system sooner or later.

Loka has a good potential to outlive empires such as the Grineer and Corpus with that wisdom.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Idkwhy new thread got deleted, so

I am enjoying a lot playing DMC 5 and Warframe is the only online game that has a similar combat (extremely dynamic parkourish action packed combat that involves using your melee, primary weapon and abilities as a one big smooth gameplay). 

But, the art style in DMC 5 is just way superior. And the immersion is also better.

Making every single npc ugly is not making a realistic game. So just stop with the excuses. I don't know where you live, but not every person I see on the street is ugly.

Making our operators more pretty, making pretty npcs in Cetus, Fortuna, etc would only improve the game and attract more players.

A lot of peoplet hat I know don't want to play the game because they think it's too ugly. Game already focuses a lot on FASHION frame.

So why not make it prettier?

DE improve the graphics and this is great (not a lot of online games do that), but I hope they will improve the art style too.

Edited by InfinitusPhoenix
  • Like 2