Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ESO needs a hard lock for rank 30 gear.

Aliothale

More than half the players that come to this endurance mission are exploiting it for fast gear leveling. It's time to force these people out of the game mode if they don't intend to play it properly. It's ruining the experience for the players who come to run it as the endurance mode it's intended to be.

These players are leeching and wasting peoples time, something has to be done to make this game mode more enjoyable through normal matchmaking.

NO ONE should have to LFG to play a game mode for its intended purpose. This is just bad mission design that could be easily fixed.

Edited by Aliothale
  • Like 2

Elite Onslaught is a fabulous place to farm experience. This is why the mode is popular after its implementation (leveling and Focus). It is intended as a hoard mode where you kill enemies as fast as you can. There is a level 30 Warframe restriction. Recruit chat can help you find players who want to push the mode without leveling. Otherwise, going into ESO public is close to going to public Hydron.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, GoSonic said:

If you want a group for endurance runs, why wouldn't you use recruiting and check their gear before you start?

"NO ONE should have to LFG to play a game mode for its intended purpose."

• Like 1

Are you telling me DE intended players to only do endurance runs for this game mode? You don't get better rewards after wave 8 so this isn't true.

Just saying that usually if people are looking to play a mission for a certain amount of time, they use recruiting. It takes a lot less effort to invite players from recruiting than to make a forum post about something that won't be changed.

• Like 3

Per DE_Scott himself - "A good game mode for leveling and focus farm" (adapted). On the stream where they first talked about it, I believe. Says a lot, as far as I'm concerned.

He even hinted, or so I understood, at the time that the current eidolon shard farm was way too high and easy, and that ESO could replace it as a more official focus farm.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aliothale said:

More than half the players that come to this endurance mission are exploiting it for fast gear leveling. It's time to force these people out of the game mode if they don't intend to play it properly. It's ruining the experience for the players who come to run it as the endurance mode it's intended to be.

I certainly exploit it for fast levelling. I also ensure I bring stuff that contributes to the mission. Locking people out of levelling items there is a fantastic way to ensure there is never anyone on public matchmaking. If more than half the people that play ESO are after levelling then removing them will not leave many people left to run with.

20 minutes ago, Aliothale said:

NO ONE should have to LFG to play a game mode for its intended purpose. This is just bad mission design that could be easily fixed.

The intended purpose is to acquire affinity. Whether that is for focus or weapons is irrelevant. We shouldn’t have a good game mode ruined because people are too stubborn to use Recruiting chat. As with every single mission in the game, people can do whatever they like in a public run. You should not try and control this. If you want a squad for an endurance run, use recruiting chat. Most people won’t go longer that 8 waves anyway, because there is no point. So you would be ditched here, because I assume an endurance run is longer than 8 waves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aliothale said:

These players are leeching and wasting peoples time, something has to be done to make this game mode more enjoyable through normal matchmaking.

No...i don't want to go back to hydron so i can tolerate people who leave at wave 5 and waste my time

2 runs of eso equals 4 or 5 runs on hydron with each run lasting 15 or 20 waves....that if players wanted to last that long everytime

If you want to have a good eso experience go on recruit chat...ask your clan or alliance 

Or go saryn solo...but leave xp farming alone

Why should I need to take a level 30 weapon when I'm mr27.... even with a rank 0 weapon I have all but 3/6 points available which is at worst one mod lost and that's ignoring the fact that in the case of an mr27 the odds are that weapons going to have a potato and be forma'd which is a lot stronger than someone bringing in an arbitrary rank 30 weapon, which might not have a potato or forma....

The reason people 'exploit' ESO (it's hardly exploiting something, the OP just doesn't like others levelling their weapons) is because it has fast XP gain, it was designed with that in mind so people are going to use it when they have the monotonous task of levelling weapons multiple times, in many cases new weapons aren't even coming with one polarity so it could mean 7/8 forma to fit everything in...

The real issue isn't ESO being used for levelling weapons, it's the fact that weapons take so long to level elsewhere and arguably require large numbers of forma to fit the increasing number of 'essential'16 capacity mods while still having the restrictive 30/60 (plus aura on melee) capacity.

• Like 1

The mission is already a hive of scum and cheese (press-4-to-win/spin2win), and most players tend to only stay around for the first C rotation. This makes it a great combination for people who want to powerlevel their gear.

Until the mission requires all players to participate if it means not failing, which is going to require actually nerfing the frames and weapon mod combos so one player can't hypercarry the whole team, people are going to leech in ESO either for mastery or the rotation reward.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

But than I want a hardlock on the equipment to, everthing that´s not Volt/Trinity/Equinox/Saryn and doesn´t have a CP should be banned, too.
And leaving early is no option. /s

I love that mission for leveling, but if I have a Physique Saryn which does less dmg than the Inaros leech and dies ever 2 minutes, noone can tell me that Saryn will do the 8 zones or more.
And if you really want to go for the 8 zones just go for it, it easy enough and doesn´t need a 4 man fully equiped squad XD

Edited by Dark_Lugia

This mission is played in the game thanks to three things level up weapons, exclusive rewards and get focus. if you eliminate the first one in which this benefits the game?. Following the same logic you could not level up weapons on any map since no map is made to level up weapons. (Personally I would like you to remove the restriction in terms of requesting level 30 in warframe).

On the other hand, passing the mode only until round 8 is relatively easy and just continue to start with the rotation of rewards. (That a person has the complete build does not guarantee that he does not die or that he will be with you until the round you want).

For me this is comparable to saying that you can not enter without having weapons at level 30 in hydron. This does not make sense and only hurt the new players who start, that besides having to farm a lot, leveling very slowly and leave the game for not having time or for bored to take hours to level up their weapons.

If you really like this game mode, it would be better to propose ideas such as balancing it so that all warframes are useful, Cephalon Simaris has a balance of the skills that block, add rewards so that people do not leave in the first rounds.

Edited by Phernok

5 hours ago, Aliothale said:

Brudda, for an endurance mode it's pretty sh*t, to be honest. DE ain't good w/ endurance modes for two years.

• Like 1

I'm pretty confident that one of the purposes of ESO is to level up gear. 

Maybe you shouldn't force others to play how you want. So yeah your next option should be looking for/making a group who actually wants to do 8+ runs. 

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 1

On 2019-07-12 at 5:16 PM, Aliothale said:

"NO ONE should have to LFG to play a game mode for its intended purpose."

It's actually also intended for experience/affinity... 

Edit: If you want a good endurance run, try out kuva survival missions or index "Johh Prodman" runs

Edited by Maka.Bones