The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't Banshee get a rework?

JackHargreav

I know she's great for boosting damage but everything else she does is just so meh.

Her 4th ability is especially bad. Drains a lot of energy and really weak on higher levels. Her silence ability seems nearly useless with other stealth frames around.

I know in a team she's better but that's true for a lot of frames. Wisp can be useful in a squad and in solo both for examlpe. Hyldrin is the same. Oberon is also such a frame. And the list goes on.

So what do you think? After the Vauban rework that is "soon" should DE take a look at her?

3 minutes ago, K4RN4 said:

Banshee is great, I don't know what you are talking about.

She's effective, but very dated (like many older frames). 

She could certainly use additional effects and synergies to her abilities to modernize her without depending so heavily on her augments. I use more of her augments on her than I do with any other frame. Partially because she has more useful augments than many, but also because her base abilities are far less effective without them.

She has her own niche with sonar since it's the strongest damage buff in the game, but due to way sonar works it doesn't really make her unbalanced.

She's mainly used for long endurance runs or resource/affinity farms.

She's very powerful on occasion, but hardly ever feels gamebreaking. She's in a healthy place.

Right now there's a good number of frames for which that cannot be said, so I expect that banshee isn't due for a rework for a long time.

• Like 2

She could stand to get some kind of damage reduction,
seeing how other damage buffers like Chroma / Rhino aren't anywhere near as squishtastic.

Some buffs to her CC (more Range on Sonic Boom - see Pull - plus repeated Silence stuns plox),
and maybe a rework / replacement for Sound Quake (dunno lol) wouldn't be out of line, either.

She fits pretty well. I actually have her as a regen tank with adaptation, hunter adrenaline and vitality. Just cast her 2 and watch 10 bullets from a Furis kill level 100s.. It's funny, especially with that 20% life steal.

I do use augments on her a lot as they really enhance her playability.

She works well solo, if you take things slow and play like a cover shooter.

Or just go tactical sonic nuke with the augments for her 2 and 4, no survivability and max strength. It's fun to watch.

her 2 and 3 are fine. Just change 1 and 4. I have been playing Banshee since she dropped. You can just invisibility with Ski and arcane trickeries then sonar for your teammates. Remember Banshee has little to no armor.

Banshee is a debuffer frame, cannot debuff certain units but in survival for endless players she is essential.

Edited by Midas

A short spammable CC performed with one hand, that isn't a one-handed action.

A strong damage multiplier that requires a bit of aim to make use of it.

An ability that does the exact same thing as her passive.

An ability that makes you sit and watch.

That's banshee.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

She's effective, but very dated (like many older frames).

Every warframe is effective. Doesn't make them well-designed

• Like 3

Banshee is one of the frames that can do vastly different things based on how you build her.

Building for her 2 and 3 is good for high dps debuffing with a light cc safety net. If you use her 3 properly, her being squishy isn’t an issue since deafened enemies don’t shoot you when they first enter her 3’s range (why does no one ever talk about the stun?).

Her 4 is great for low level nuking and interception lockdowns, but you build it differently than the 2 and 3. Her 1 is pretty meh without the augment I’ll admit. It’s a decent panic button.Her 3 can be built for sneaky melee combat.

Let’s look at other more synergistic frames like Saryn, Nidus, and Garuda. These frames are good at what they do but don’t really have much in the way of build variety. Sure you can tweak their stats, but you won’t see much of a functional change between builds, since all the abilities play off of each other. You don’t see a nidus built for his 3 or 4 or a Garuda built for her 2 or 3 by themselves. 

Banshee is good at several different roles with different builds across different missions while a lot of new frames are good at a few roles across all missions. It’s just a different kit design philosophy.

TLDR: Banshee’s 1 could use a tweak and her 3 could have a longer stun duration (not necessary). Other than that, she is in a good spot.

My major gripe with her is silence.  I hate that it also affects you too by muffling everything up.  I need to be able to hear what's going on with such a squishy frame.

Also..why does sonic boom lock you in place..its a one handed ability?

Dont get me started on Sound quake..I think it should be a deployable ability similar to vortex and be able to cast it multiple times.

I love banshee but cant bring myself to play her that much anymore because of the issues that are becoming more and more prevalent as the game evolves.

Hopefully she gets the rework she deserves along with Vauban.

They need to stop bringing out new frames and rework the old ones first. I appreciate having bundles of Warframes to choose from depending on my desired play style at that moment, but there comes a time where I want to play an older frame, and a bunch of the older frames kits just are outweighed by these newer fresher designed Warframes.

Tbh if the rework is oberon style (some ability finetuning) then sure, but if the rework is nyx style (screwing with the frame badly to fit a meta even more badly) then no thanks. 

Banshee literally just needs an animation pass on her 1 to make it free cast and a sound pass on her 3 to not make you deaf to sound cues. Her 4th could do better but tbh it can also stay, she has a place as lockdown CC in some team comps anyway. 

• Like 2

The only changes i would make is building Sonic Fracture into Sonic Boom, increasing Sonic Boom's base cast range a bit, make Sonar weakspots slowly float up to heads (would take 10-15 sec or so), change Silence's range to be adjustable indepently with a slider and build Savage Silence into the base ability, replace Sound Quake entirely with an exalted sniper.

Imo. that's all Banshee needs, we could make Sonic Boom a true one handed cast, but imo. it wouldn't be game changing, i could personally live without that.