MrRixter

Can something be done about Saryn?

Posted (edited)

Yeah, when saryn gets nerfed I personally make threads how Wukong and Limbo also need nerfs. Wukong can clear rooms with his 10+m exalted, getting 1+ million DMG tics from a slash proc etc. I tried a range strength build, too using his 3, and it also clears rooms, so there ya go.

And limbo? Lol he removes any interaction between enemies and players by literally halting complete room(s!)..

If this also doesn't warrant a nerf, then whatever.

@DeMonkey

Edited by (XB1)GaussPrime
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Oh I saw. I'm not replying because I'm currently plotting your demise. :wink:

In all seriousness, the staff does do a ridiculous amount of damage, always has, and if DE ever get their act together about balancing the game it'll need a nerf along with all melee.

But it doesn't detract from others enjoyment.

• Like 3
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

vor 3 Minuten schrieb DeMonkey:

Oh I saw. I'm not replying because I'm currently plotting your demise. :wink:

In all seriousness, the staff does do a ridiculous amount of damage, always has, and if DE ever get their act together about balancing the game it'll need a nerf along with all melee.

But it doesn't detract from others enjoyment.

But limbo does 😞

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

On 2019-08-03 at 1:18 AM, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Jeez, poor op.  Got carried in a sortie that by his own description he would probably have struggled in.  Went afk because he was so upset he wasn't getting all the kills himself.  FFS!

I'm getting royally fed up of players screaming for nerfs.  You know what happens when stuff gets nerfed?  Players go ape S#&$, that's what.  Why?  Because wf is about power.  About being the most godly, strongest, death dealing mo fo in the solar system.  Should players who have invested thousands of hours into the game in order to achieve that level of godliness have all their toys taken away because new players have their feelings hurt for a FEW MINUTES because they aren't on the same level?  HELL NO.  

Gaze upon their greatness, drool at their god like powers, aspire to be them.  Then collect all the loot.

Over the years i had to let others have all the fun usually because some new nuking meta shows up and 5 out of 10 games i had to sit and do nothing, then rejoiced when some sweet nerfs shows up. Yeah your idea of "you should accept me sapping you of all the fun because it would be selfish of you to want to have some fun too" had been around for years. But you know what? Maybe you should play solo since you can nuke everything why play public? That will make you feel like more of a god! 😄

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Theres a dozen other under-performing frames that should be reworked long before Saryn gets yet another rework

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

saryn's augment for her 2 gives her a heal I have a tanky Saryn. tbh all they need to some what lower her 4's damage since it cc's with a stun, inflicts viral and does a ton of damage. and then maybe cap spore spread range or cap the max damage on it since it also destroys all enemy armor.

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Not this again..

I was hesitant to post similar feelings. Given how the OP was posting in that other Saryn thread, I was actually close to just calling this whole thread low quality bait.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

14 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

After they nerfed Mesa. Sure.

I dont know why anyone could even argue that Mesa is more overpowered. Her 4 cant go through walls. Unlike saryn who can not only disregard walls but also cover practically the whole tile much of the time.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Reworking her 2 ability to a healing ability, like getting heals from inflicting toxin on enemy for example.

latest?cb=20180325131810

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Remember something, if you see a Frame absolutely decimating everything, it's never a frame that is just out of the box. No frame kills everything until its been developed.

That's a frame with a dedicated time and forma. Effort into their mod build (researched or otherwise) then the sheer joy of melting platoons.

That's what Warframe is for mate, welcome to the ride.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You think that if you nerf Saryn your problem will go away?

Nope... She will be replaced by other nuke frames. Volt, Mesa, Equinox, Revenant....even Nova with Drop.

Same thing when DE reworked old Draco as it was used for Affinity farm...other spots just took its place.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
vor 10 Stunden schrieb Mover-NeRo:

You think that if you nerf Saryn your problem will go away?

Nope... She will be replaced by other nuke frames. Volt, Mesa, Equinox, Revenant....even Nova with Drop.

Same thing when DE reworked old Draco as it was used for Affinity farm...other spots just took its place.

Literally So/ESO which is exactly 400% more effective with leveling.. so stupid.

I miss Draco, I met a lot of cool people there, always played with randoms, gathering keys, was a great tile because it was nice to keep track of all points without running miles to get to them.. the enemies were extremely aggressive, too..

I miss it 😞

Edited by (XB1)GaussPrime
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, PyreFox said:

Remember something, if you see a Frame absolutely decimating everything, it's never a frame that is just out of the box. No frame kills everything until its been developed.

That's a frame with a dedicated time and forma. Effort into their mod build (researched or otherwise) then the sheer joy of melting platoons.

And then there's Vauban...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Why dont they instead nerf that crutch of a frame that is Rhino?

IS only reduces damage by 20% until it's concumed.

Roar lasts 8 hits...

LoL type of balanced

"-A frame solely based on killing should excell at killing"

Someone who "mains" 30 frames.

Edited by Ver1dian
  • Applause 1

Personally I'd rather they actually balance frames and fix enemy/player damage scaling rather than lazily nerf frames just because some people are crying too loudly about the  "most op frame" at that time.

Posted (edited)

If people wanted to not have saryn nerfed. Then someone please justify why trin nuke was nerf? It's not like anyone plays her much anymore and with how much money DE milks from saryn. It's bonkers why they got rid of it. I felt it helped highlight one of the better aspects of the game by encouraging more gameplay varation with trin.  I mean if people don't mind nukes. What's the harm. 

Edited by moostar95
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I dont know why anyone could even argue that Mesa is more overpowered. Her 4 cant go through walls. Unlike saryn who can not only disregard walls but also cover practically the whole tile much of the time.

Yeah but Mesa clears the enemies she sees in mere seconds, much faster than Saryn, since her ability might scale infinitely but it also needs time to actually become stronger and eventually it does too much damage and kills the host too fast.

And Mesa has DR. Put an Adaptation mod her some power strength and duration and you have a fast killing tank that doesn't give a flying about enemy lvl, damage and numbers.

And She's also the most meta Dps frame right now. While Saryn is used mostly in Eso. Outside of that mission type I've never seen a Saryn.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

If people wanted to not have saryn nerfed. Then someone please justify why trin nuke was nerf? It's not like anyone plays her much anymore and with how much money DE milks from saryn. It's bonkers why they got rid of it. I felt it helped highlight one of the better aspects of the game by encouraging more gameplay varation with trin.  I mean if people don't mind nukes. What's the harm. 

My take on that is trinity is meant to be a support and she was immortal on top on nuking everything to death maybe? I'm nuetral on that change as I never really did that strat to be fair though. Now do I want her to be more useful in todays meta... Absolutley! Maybe make her first ability some form of large area scaling damage to match what we need in warframe at the moment? Any way I slice it I do want more variaty and scaling damage on most frames so everyone is useful, I would much prefer that over sweeping changes to all the mass killing abilities people tend to complain about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah, let's just remove any aoe or nuke ability from the game.  While we're at it, polearms - can clear a room in a cple of swings.  That's gotta go.  Kitguns, especially catchmoon, whole corridors full of enemies die with one shot.  Can't have that.  I can run lowish lvl missions and go completely afk while my sentinel or pet kills everything for me.  Not on.  Ignis wraith, amprex, larkspur (omg, the larkspur!) don't even need to aim much.  Out with that.   In fact let's get rid of everything apart from the mk1 weapons.  Cos that's how nerfs go.  You nerf something,  something else becomes op and then you'll want that nerfed.  Ad infinitum. 

Outside eso saryn is rare.  If you do get in a squad with her, hell, just put up with the agony of another frame killing the majority of enemies for 2-3 mins and then move on.  Sheesh. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 4

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

My take on that is trinity is meant to be a support and she was immortal on top on nuking everything to death maybe? I'm nuetral on that change as I never really did that strat to be fair though. Now do I want her to be more useful in todays meta... Absolutley! Maybe make her first ability some form of large area scaling damage to match what we need in warframe at the moment? Any way I slice it I do want more variaty and scaling damage on most frames so everyone is useful, I would much prefer that over sweeping changes to all the mass killing abilities people tend to complain about.

Agreed, but I feel like with no matter what changes are to be made. Is there a point to playing anything else that can't nuke rooms. I'm all in favor of giving trin a rebuild where see can at least do something similar to her nuke. All while having more fun and balanced kit. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Yeah, let's just remove any aoe or nuke ability from the game.  While we're at it, polearms - can clear a room in a cple of swings.  That's gotta go.  Kitguns, especially catchmoon, whole corridors full of enemies die with one shot.  Can't have that.  I can run lowish lvl missions and go completely afk while my sentinel or pet kills everything for me.  Not on.  Ignis wraith, amprex, larkspur (omg, the larkspur!) don't even need to aim much.  Out with that.   In fact let's get rid of everything apart from the mk1 weapons.  Cos that's how nerfs go.  You nerf something,  something else becomes op and then you'll want that nerfed.  Ad infinitum. 

Outside eso saryn is rare.  If you do get in a squad with her, hell, just put up with the agony of another frame killing the majority of enemies for 2-3 mins and then move on.  Sheesh. 

while your at it add cooldown for the skills, a 4 every 5 minutes. that bullet jump? too powerful all ninjas should walk for now on. running will have stamina together with melee. 

from now on skills will be a melee, a grenade and a super with cooldowns. so that all frames are equal. 

you see where this is going? 

on a serious note, let the frames be there are a lot of frames that was already nerfed too much that no one uses them anymore. dont balance it to the grave.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

I think it would be best if DE just completely rework her.

Her damage is too ridiculous and should be fixed, but DE could also make her more tanky instead. Reworking her 2 ability to a healing ability, like getting heals from inflicting toxin on enemy for example.

That way she will have more variation in building her, instead of being a boring nuke.

Her damage is ridicoulos only on some maps and on low level missions, if you spent a lot of formas on her. On high levels overall against corpus corrosive damage is not that great. Mesa will run out of energy at high levels and melee will do much more damage. If you want my opinion some frames should be used only from level 80-100 because they ruin the fun of many new players.

Edited by bibmobello