Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can something be done about Saryn?

MrRixter

7 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

If people wanted to not have saryn nerfed. Then someone please justify why trin nuke was nerf? It's not like anyone plays her much anymore and with how much money DE milks from saryn. It's bonkers why they got rid of it. I felt it helped highlight one of the better aspects of the game by encouraging more gameplay varation with trin.  I mean if people don't mind nukes. What's the harm. 

My take on that is trinity is meant to be a support and she was immortal on top on nuking everything to death maybe? I'm nuetral on that change as I never really did that strat to be fair though. Now do I want her to be more useful in todays meta... Absolutley! Maybe make her first ability some form of large area scaling damage to match what we need in warframe at the moment? Any way I slice it I do want more variaty and scaling damage on most frames so everyone is useful, I would much prefer that over sweeping changes to all the mass killing abilities people tend to complain about.

• Like 1

Yeah, let's just remove any aoe or nuke ability from the game.  While we're at it, polearms - can clear a room in a cple of swings.  That's gotta go.  Kitguns, especially catchmoon, whole corridors full of enemies die with one shot.  Can't have that.  I can run lowish lvl missions and go completely afk while my sentinel or pet kills everything for me.  Not on.  Ignis wraith, amprex, larkspur (omg, the larkspur!) don't even need to aim much.  Out with that.   In fact let's get rid of everything apart from the mk1 weapons.  Cos that's how nerfs go.  You nerf something,  something else becomes op and then you'll want that nerfed.  Ad infinitum. 

Outside eso saryn is rare.  If you do get in a squad with her, hell, just put up with the agony of another frame killing the majority of enemies for 2-3 mins and then move on.  Sheesh. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Yeah, let's just remove any aoe or nuke ability from the game.  While we're at it, polearms - can clear a room in a cple of swings.  That's gotta go.  Kitguns, especially catchmoon, whole corridors full of enemies die with one shot.  Can't have that.  I can run lowish lvl missions and go completely afk while my sentinel or pet kills everything for me.  Not on.  Ignis wraith, amprex, larkspur (omg, the larkspur!) don't even need to aim much.  Out with that.   In fact let's get rid of everything apart from the mk1 weapons.  Cos that's how nerfs go.  You nerf something,  something else becomes op and then you'll want that nerfed.  Ad infinitum. 

Outside eso saryn is rare.  If you do get in a squad with her, hell, just put up with the agony of another frame killing the majority of enemies for 2-3 mins and then move on.  Sheesh. 

while your at it add cooldown for the skills, a 4 every 5 minutes. that bullet jump? too powerful all ninjas should walk for now on. running will have stamina together with melee. 

from now on skills will be a melee, a grenade and a super with cooldowns. so that all frames are equal. 

you see where this is going? 

on a serious note, let the frames be there are a lot of frames that was already nerfed too much that no one uses them anymore. dont balance it to the grave.

1 hour ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

I think it would be best if DE just completely rework her.

Her damage is too ridiculous and should be fixed, but DE could also make her more tanky instead. Reworking her 2 ability to a healing ability, like getting heals from inflicting toxin on enemy for example.

That way she will have more variation in building her, instead of being a boring nuke.

Her damage is ridicoulos only on some maps and on low level missions, if you spent a lot of formas on her. On high levels overall against corpus corrosive damage is not that great. Mesa will run out of energy at high levels and melee will do much more damage. If you want my opinion some frames should be used only from level 80-100 because they ruin the fun of many new players.

Edited by bibmobello

1 hour ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Her damage is too ridiculous and should be fixed, but DE could also make her more tanky instead. Reworking her 2 ability to a healing ability, like getting heals from inflicting toxin on enemy for example.

That way she will have more variation in building her, instead of being a boring nuke.

because you are fighting lvl 50 below enemies. 

2 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

How about, delete this thread (':
Saryn has been a nuker and reworked 3 times since her release. We don't need another tanky frame. She HAS HEALS in the form of molt augment. 
If you think she's a "boring nuker" then I guess you also slam dunk mesa, gara (who can nuke and tank), nova, etc, in the trash. 

Do you know what this game is? 
It's a horde looter shooter m8
You need to kill in mass quantity to get anywhere. 

Also ANY AND EVERY FRAME is gonna look OP if it's not a survival past 80-100 mins. Which no one does anymore every since the void rework. 
If the enemy level is sortie level and under, everything dies without effort. That's just how it is. 

Saryn falls off at point, she's mostly used in ESO cause she's most effective there. 
Saryn has always had a spot where she meets her end in enemy level. 
The higher the armor scaling, the longer it takes to strip off with her 1. To a point where she is not not effective. Where guns end up killing quicker than she can help.
Using x4 CP? then the only saving thing is the DoT that was NERFED awhile back, it takes too long to ramp up and falls off QUICKLY if there's no enemies around.
Use her 4 for viral? the damage is okay at high level because of the viral proc, but other than that lol?

I've mained Saryn since I first got her in update 9. Back then she was a press 4 to nuke but her damage stopped real quick at about level 65 enemies. Wouldnt have even done a sortie back then. 

If you're judging a frame based on the STAR MAP / low timed runs.
Do some long-term things and bring in data. 
There are frames that can do the same job Saryn does. 
She's good where she is.
and with the TAU system coming out soon?
I'd like a frame to enjoy playing during the sentient horde. 

Edited by Vesiga
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

My take on that is trinity is meant to be a support and she was immortal on top on nuking everything to death maybe? I'm nuetral on that change as I never really did that strat to be fair though. Now do I want her to be more useful in todays meta... Absolutley! Maybe make her first ability some form of large area scaling damage to match what we need in warframe at the moment? Any way I slice it I do want more variaty and scaling damage on most frames so everyone is useful, I would much prefer that over sweeping changes to all the mass killing abilities people tend to complain about.

I see you're using a claw hammer, if you wish to shove some nails into Warframe's coffin then may I recommend a mallet? Jolly useful implement at times.

Homogenisation of kits aka "everyone gets scaling damage" is not variety, it's arguably the death of variety. Ultimately frames become nothing more than a skin as every frame becomes a DPS frame that does the exact same job, kills things infinitely. You can argue that frames would retain their other unique abilities, like allowing people to heal or to take a few extra hits or provide them with extra energy, but realistically that's not even necessary now. When you reach this level you're self sufficient, you don't need an ally for healing or energy, you take care of it yourself whilst you kill everything.

It's also one of the reasons that we can never have an endgame, no matter how much people squawk about it. It's virtually impossible to provide an endgame for characters that scale. By definition an endgame is set in stone, it's the stuff that keeps you busy during the last portion of the game, generally in MMO's this is represented by the content that you do after reaching maximum level. But how, in this context, do you create content for characters that have scaling damage, and thus have no maximum level of performance?

Boiled down, I disagree entirely with your opinion that Trinity, and every other frame, should have a form of AoE scaling damage, as I strongly feel that it will be to the detriment of the game in the long run. I know you want every frame to be useful, and I respect that, but I can't imagine a poorer way of going about making it happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Giantconch said:

I was hesitant to post similar feelings. Given how the OP was posting in that other Saryn thread, I was actually close to just calling this whole thread low quality bait.

It is bait, no reason to be hesitant about it.

Edited by DeMonkey

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Dear DE,

Please remove every frame that isn't Inaros

Thank you~

Inaros can clean a whole map faster than Saryn(but if you are playing under level 50) because he doesn't care about hits and you just need a good melee weapon with good range. after level 200 inaros can spam maiming strike and saryin can contribute to damage only...

Edited by bibmobello

*sighs*

Learn to play the frames and then come back to give feedback on them. You'd think with a forum date in 2015 the OP would know better.

FFS just stop whining and learn to play the game.

"This frame out DPS's me!!!! Nerf it!!!!"

News Flash! :: It's not the frame out DPSing you, it's the player using that frame. Don't like it? Get better, or play solo.

Easy fix to nuke frames will be give the same treatment as our old friend Excalibur. (Remember those days of spamming his on 4 ?)

Mesa? She maybe OP but she can't kill mobs if the enemy behind a wall...

Now for OP... HP regen? llike others said she has Regenerative Molt for that 🙂 

Edited by _JustSomeone_

Stop asking for frames to be nerfed. If you ever wanted to do high level content you would sorely miss having Saryn as powerful as she is. Instead ask why other frames aren't at her level. Next you would complain about frames being too weak and then asking for more reworks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

FFS just stop whining and learn to play the game.

"This frame out DPS's me!!!! Nerf it!!!!"

News Flash! :: It's not the frame out DPSing you, it's the player using that frame. Don't like it? Get better, or play solo.

...Except all of the frames are completely unequal, damage wise. Even an experienced Vauban or Nyx player wont be able to outdamage an Equinox, Saryn, or Volt.

Saryn was one of the very few frames I simply levelled and sold. While I was levelling her on Hydron (with a very minimal amount modding), I kept my ability usage as low as I possibly could, unless the pod became swarmed; when my squad and I became overwhelmed, I cast Spores and miasma. The amount of infected actually went from zero to one hundred in almost no time at all. That was enough to tip the highest amount of damage dealt in my favour. So from what I have personally seen, Saryn does not require a 200 I.Q to play. A  monkey randomly pressing buttons on a controller could play Saryn as adequately as a "experienced veteran of the game".

Edited by (PS4)The1stAzrael
added stuff
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Inaros can clean a whole map faster than Saryn(but if you are playing under level 50) because he doesn't care about hits and you just need a good melee weapon with good range. after level 200 inaros can spam maiming strike and saryin can contribute to damage only...

It's sarcasm, OP is baiting with essentially "homogenize everything into tank frames" so I picked everyone favorite #1 Tanky Boi.

That said Maiming strike is boring and tedious but I give zero heccs if someone else want's to use it. 

3 minutes ago, _JustSomeone_ said:

(Remember those days of spamming his on 4 ?)

Thinking back on Vivergate and how hard DE clamped down on the community and the frames for it, it's almost hard to believe that we're playing the same game now. The capabilities of single frames now far outweigh what was achievable by a meta group grinding as hard as they could.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

...Except all of the frames are completely unequal, damage wise. Even an experienced Vauban or Nyx player wont be able to outdamage an Equinox, Saryn, or Volt.

No duh!

Not every frame is DPS, and a full squad of DPS frames is worthless in endurance runs. It's a Co-Op game, not a contest to see who can get the most damage (unless you want to do that with your friends). Work for the squad and completing the objective instead of just trying to get the most kills.

What they need to do in order to get frames like saryn inline is simply cutting back on the range mania. Mesa would need to get her own treatment to her 4 in order to get her inline because a range nerf wouldnt really solve it. Just give her exalted guns that never run out of ammo but use the regular cursor instead along with regular movement.

I wouldnt mind if range took a massive beating from the nerfbat. 

Debuff frames could keep their range, but the damage frames are just beyond silly. It is at the point right now where I'll barely play things like Saryn, Volt or Enox besides in very special cases.

• Like 2

Saryn is a shortcut. Shortcut to high kill count quickly. Shortcut to making the mission that much easier. To living longer and making it further to get to the next reward rotation. We like our shortcuts. If there is an efficient way, we will find it. Doesn't mean it will make our reward better in the end, because who cares, we got our reward, right?