MrRixter

Can something be done about Saryn?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

YoUr H a V I N G F U N R I G h T LoL. this is why I call anyone that wants endgame in this a clown. 

I'm having fun whenever Saryn, Mesa and/or Ignis aren't in my game. There are Saryns and Mesas that don't obnoxiously press 4 to kill those lone 1-2 unalerted guys, but you know... they're a rarity!

Edited by nslay
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nslay said:

When I see 100:1 kill ratios owing to Saryn/Mesa/Ignis user, I leave, taking my recently unvaulted or vaulted relic with me.

Good. If you can't stand how other people play, go solo. Honestly this thread has worse crybabies then the people expecting pug survivals to go 2 hours long.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's fun when someone bring mesa for an assassination target thinking to get most damage at the end. I have seen 3 level 27 mesa thinking  why they deal 10% and  ivara 70%(with 1/3 of killed enemies) or more and they didn't even know there was an ivara playing...

Edited by bibmobello
  • Satisfied 1

Pretty sure DE is aware of the issue, as even Pablo himself has expressed on Twitter that he is unhappy with how the rework ended up. With new frames, reworks, a new story quest and a new gameplay expansion on their plate, who can say when or even if they will ever address it?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I think a common theme is emerging here, or rather Waframe's true problem: it's just not a good coop game. "Just go play solo" is essentially you making excuses for DE's terribad game design. It's true, I actually do enjoy playing solo much more. So why is WF being marketed as a coop game? Why does it even have a coop component? Why are there so many anti-fun frames (for those not using them)?

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 9

23 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

It's fun when someone bring mesa for an assassination target thinking to get most damage at the end. I have seen 3 level 27 mesa thinking  why they deal 10% and  ivara 70%(with 1/3 of killed enemies) or more and they didn't even know there was an ivara playing...

I do this all the time as Ivara.  Heck, I intentionally go into group pub missions as Ivara to "Steal" the most damage stat.   If you see me using Artemis Bow, then more than likely that is exactly what I'm doing.   hehe.......Mwuhahahahahahaha.

• Satisfied 2
  • Upvote 1

Someday you'll wish you had a Saryn with you.

Believe me, the day will come.

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I've been playing for over four years and all I've ever wished is for Saryn to go away. She's a hot mess of a design right now, incredibly damaging to co-operative play, and a symptom of a decaying game balance. 

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

I think a common theme is emerging here, or rather Waframe's true problem: it's just not a good coop game. "Just go play solo" is essentially you making excuses for DE's terribad game design. It's true, I actually do enjoy playing solo much more. So why is WF being marketed as a coop game? Why does it even have a coop component? Why are there so many anti-fun frames (for those not using them)?

More or less ^

Warframe has become less and less oriented towards co-operative play over the years as it let power balance regulations get looser and looser. At this point calling it a co-op shooter feels something of a farce, a relic from a bygone era.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

If you don't like how pugs play, don't do pugs. Don't go into tridolon pugs expecting a meta composition, don't go into survival pugs expecting an endurance run. Don't go into any pug and expect every other player to adapt to your needs.

54 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I do this all the time as Ivara.  Heck, I intentionally go into group pub missions as Ivara to "Steal" the most damage stat.   If you see me using Artemis Bow, then more than likely that is exactly what I'm doing.   hehe.......Mwuhahahahahahaha.

I don't use artemis bow at all...

Just now, bibmobello said:

I don't use artemis bow at all...

I bring it out for times as I mentioned above or when something absolutely must DIE(like that time I had a lvl 100 Shadow Stalker spawn on me).  And since my normal general purpose Tenchu Assassin build has just over 200% Power Strength, that usually doesn't take long for whatever to DIE.  But outside of those two situations, I don't use Artemis that much myself either. 

On 2019-08-02 at 4:27 PM, MrRixter said:

I get what you mean but I'll just play a different game when I get to that point.

You are very near that point

Players will either tip into improving the gameplay, likely to keep playing, or will slow down to the point of afk, an ineficient type of gameplay that is based only on mission rewards, quite bad.

The only thing after afk is not to play the game anymore, you are already near that point.

I remind you that killing over the top is allowed, afk on the other hand isn't, so you better change things around or quit the game, because if you receive a warn, you will only get one and if history has told me so far, players with an afk warn will liklely quit the game, as soon they enter a game and they know they have to play but don't feel the mood, they complete the mission and then warframe no longer becomes a game they play.

Since you are complaining instead of changing things around, it means you have no desire or motivation to change, with that the only thing that will happen is the obvious quit.

Hope you enjoyed warframe, maybe you'll return later on with a new fresh motivation.

• Like 1

We’ve all been there. I came up during the Miragulor period, where one player killed everything and also damaged your hearing with weapon shrieks as an extra bonus. We hated it too.

Lots of us are gonna say “you gotta understand things better” and “I learned from my time as space janitor!” and other kinds of “well, actually,” but that’s all bullS#&$. The truth is we just became what we hated because it was easier.

It’s the nature of this game. 

Forgot to mention, Pablo himself (the guy who reworked Saryn the last time or I guess two times) did acknowledge he had plans to rework her again in the future as he wasn't proud of how his last rework left her off, so she'll maybe be changed one day. But that day could be far far away, DE are very hesitant towards downward balancing these days. 

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

...DE are very hesitant towards downward balancing these days. 

They need someone to muster the courage to do it, though. The bandaid’s gotta come off eventually, and the longer they wait, the more skin it’ll take with it.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 3
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Oh yeah saru

On 2019-08-02 at 9:13 AM, MrRixter said:

I'm a fairly new player and today I got matched with a Saryn at my sortie. It was the first time that I felt bored in the game. There was nothing for me to do, everything was dying instantly all over the map so I just went afk and made a cup of tea. Whats the point of me trying to improve my frames and get all the mods, arcanes etc, when a frame exists which can nuke the whole map with no effort at all? I apologise if I'm wrong but from what I saw was a Saryn barely even moving.

I feel quite deflated right now and confused on how something so broken is allowed to exist in the game. Bare in my mind I'm quite new so I'm not aware if there are other broken frames, its just this Saryn was the first one I saw.

oh yeah, Saryn is disgustingly OP. I have her and I dont even user because she is so brain dead and boring, I rather spare other people the boredness of doing nothing than use her.

everytime I see a Saryn I just leave the team, I go into a mission to play not being afk the whole time.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

I got gara and solo. keep you overrated frame and braindead playstyle away from me. but hey, thanks for grinding focus for me in eso as I camp. ^^ 

Edited by moostar95
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cubewano said:

More or less ^

Warframe has become less and less oriented towards co-operative play over the years as it let power balance regulations get looser and looser. At this point calling it a co-op shooter feels something of a farce, a relic from a bygone era.

took the words out of my mouth. the day eso was added. warframe died for me as a game with brains, and coop. 

• Satisfied 2

Posted (edited)

Coming back to this mess of a thread, I can not think of ONE frame that gets threads of nerfs more so then Green Day prime herself.  Not mesa, Barely anything about equinox, just the one frame I know that can make any frame you enjoy useless regardless WHAT frame you play. Her entitled and delusional player base will throw you off saying she isn't like that when you take her on endurance. which is true but the majority of the playerbase DON'T DO THAT. Her power can scale the starchart levels from 1-200. Endurance run comparisons are irrelevant. She has been unbalanced ever since the "great" Pablo ruined the core idea of this game being a coop experience  with her rework. I've tried, many tried to get this frame balanced and her player base refuses to fix her because they think Pablo did ember's rework. all while  Pablo in the future would thankfully combat this mistake by designing future frames to be as coop friendly and have fun kits to boot. but as long as saryn is in her state in a game where kills matter more then compelling objectives. I stop giving a #*!% about her or anything  getting balanced  because DE lacks the backbone to fix this circus of a game. and im the clown who keeps playing it.   HONK HONK d680938b86713808de07cf9570a6680a.jpg?t=1

Edited by moostar95
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Every time I had to level my stuff up to MR27, I prayed, and that happens only 20% of the time, and some of the rest consist of players bringing in unmodded weapons and/or warframes, taking about 10 minutes to clear 5 waves of Hydron before quitting.

I have a Saryn yet I can't level my own weapons and companions and require another saryn to help out. Yet we have these ungrateful bunch trying to kill the golden egg.

Edited by Vortuna
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Vortuna said:

Every time I had to level my stuff up to MR27, I prayed, and that happens only 20% of the time, and some of the rest consist of players bringing in unmodded weapons and/or warframes, taking about 10 minutes to clear 5 waves of Hydron before quitting.

I have a Saryn yet I can't level my own weapons and companions and require another saryn to help out. Yet we have these ungrateful bunch trying to kill the golden egg.

there are other golden eggs you people are trying to kill off even more so. my blood boils every time I see Octavia gets talked about being nerfed. the same groups that got trin nerfed, that got ember nerfed. maybe this is a backlash of people who played those frames seeing frames like her break the rules that got two of those frames nerfed and nearly forgotten.  I get it you DPS players hate support. but why don't you clowns like actually whine to DE to actually fix this game with its braindead content.  you people  killed the trin bomb and wukong bomb when that joke of a mode called eso was added and I never forgot that. a lot of us didn't forget that. Also if you are having a crap time leveling up with out a saryn. let me show you mesa, equinox, Octavia, volt,  G A R A. there are a lot of frames that level up your crap in teams and be nice place holders for  green day prime. god, never have I seen people count on a overrated frame so much. then again, I don't really main a frame as much. as I tend to be using most of them as tools nowadays. You should do that. maybe then your views on the game wont be so native. 

Edited by moostar95

29 minutes ago, Vortuna said:

Have you tried bringing Sonar Banshee to Hydron to do this?

It will make the waves much faster and you don't have to rely on teammates's frame choice or broken frames carrying to level your weapons.

• Upvote 2

Is Saryn the problem or the games mechanics and long time players with maxed out gear and the way the scaling works the problem? Go to end game and Saryn is good but not overpowered. Go to your average level 20-40 mission and almost any frame is overpowered, though to be fair some can just nuke outright while others can't. I do not necessarily think Saryn is the problem, rather it is how the scaling works exponentially in this game and to newer players this means that an older player can take out all the fun from their gameplay experience by simply having too much power in general for the mission. 

Problem is how to solve that issue? Should players be scaled down to match the content? In which case what would be the point of progression and leveling gear beyond a certain point if all it did was enable missions and after that point it would be a waste of time and energy. Limit who is matched with whom? Some playerbases would become awfully small even with relative levels. And what about forma? It would be power without limitation, or a useless tool regardless of circumstance. I think that the best way the game could try to address the underlying issue is to try to rebalance the core mechanics of the game, player and enemy scaling with power and levels.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Is Saryn the problem or the games mechanics and long time players with maxed out gear and the way the scaling works the problem? Go to end game and Saryn is good but not overpowered. Go to your average level 20-40 mission and almost any frame is overpowered, though to be fair some can just nuke outright while others can't. I do not necessarily think Saryn is the problem, rather it is how the scaling works exponentially in this game and to newer players this means that an older player can take out all the fun from their gameplay experience by simply having too much power in general for the mission. 

Problem is how to solve that issue? Should players be scaled down to match the content? In which case what would be the point of progression and leveling gear beyond a certain point if all it did was enable missions and after that point it would be a waste of time and energy. Limit who is matched with whom? Some playerbases would become awfully small even with relative levels. And what about forma? It would be power without limitation, or a useless tool regardless of circumstance. I think that the best way the game could try to address the underlying issue is to try to rebalance the core mechanics of the game, player and enemy scaling with power and levels.

This is DE's mess. Rushing out content without even stopping to think how it'll impact the game. But hey, let's give everyone some skins. Right. 

• Like 2