Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days Exploit Hot Fix Red Text, Don't talk down at your supporters DE

Klokwerkaos

Lets be real here. Even if they dropped the costs, people would still do the exact same thing, but instead of leeching for 2 hours, they're leeching for 1 hour. If you gave Pearls from kills, people would still leech too unless you make it individual. If you make it individual, they're better off making it solo only.

Ultimately, the problem that people have with the rewards can be summarized with three sentences. I want all the rewards. I want all of them now. I only want to play the game in the specific way I want to.

• Like 2

You sir have balls of steel

And to the people saying DE can't add hard content into the game because people complain it's too hard:
That's not true. The real problem is that DE's definition of difficulty is completely out of touch with how the game is played. To them hard content is simply giving enemies a ton of CC, removing effectiveness from abilities and players' resources and straight up deleting certain warframes/strategies from the supposed "endgame", which always culminates in a cheesy, unfun meta that is incredibly frustrating for players who would like to play something else.

Personally, the beginning of fixing endgame in my opinion should be removing every cc immunity so that i can actually play Nyx without relying on my teammates to kill them or abusing Assimilate to avoid getting one shot. Just make enemies have diminishing returns, ya know, like it always was until they decided to change their formula for no reason. The corpus also need various adjustments/bug fixes one of them being the ridiculous vertical range of sappings, being impossible to see on the bottom of a downwards slope but still damaging you as you jump from the top of the slope. This is one person's opinion, i'm pretty sure people all around this game have similar complaints on their own preferred playstyle.

Inb4 pro squad telling me you can play anything with any frame and that they reached 17238126378 hours in survival with an unmodded Mag

TL;DR this all basically boils down to: DE's concept of difficulty is unfun, frustrating and often uncounterable unless you follow the meta, which is not what players want so of course they will complain.

Edited by Learicorn
  • Like 3

Funny thing is, the core issue isn't even the difficulty. It isn't that Warframe is too easy. It's that Warframe is too shallow. It's gameplay is basic, barebones (like it's game modes). Some elements of the game (like animations) are just plain outdated. In many ways it is half-finished (like most of the random modes DE has released over the years). Overall, the game is mediocre. The only thing that props up Warframe is the content items it releases. That's why whenever there is a content drought, the player base feels it. It's not simply the fact that it's a content drought. It's that without the addition of new content, many players aren't having fun with the game. That's why simply adding more content doesn't solve the problem. Simply making content harder doesn't solve the problem. Adding "endgame" is not the solution. All of that is just a distraction from a more fundamental issue facing Warframe. The gameplay and its mechanics, and how lacking it is, is the underlying reason why the game is so boring for so many. And until DE addresses that, the game will continue to be boring and push people away. I'm glad  for those who can look past the gameplay and focus on the rewards, or the silliness, or the big quests, but a lot of people can't. Anyone who thinks the game is boring can delude themselves, thinking that these things will make Warframe less boring, but they won't. Improve the core gameplay mechanics, improve the overall gameplay experience, and the game becomes less boring and less reliant on content drops to sustain its player base.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Like everything else, DE will band aid the situation rather than addressing the core issue, which is to either lower the cost, or incentivise the intended gameplay loop to a point where it feels rewarding, which is what many people did... by suggesting kills grant pearls, which is entirely reasonable.

This is The First Thing that came to my mind when I read that Update...

"Okay so I can get more Pearls now.... but the event... mechanically speaking hasn't changed.... its still a repetitive Slog" 

More importantly.... The benefit of AFKing is still there.... are you going to work your ass off to kill some enemies to get 30 more Pearls or.... kill one enemy.  Go hide your frame somewhere and leave for 5 Minutes to make Sandwich ?  

Sure you're getting less pearls but its not costing you anything.... 

If DE doesn't correct course, they will eventually end up just like EA, Activision, Bethesda and all the other publishers that have rightfully earned the ire of those that once supported them

Well.... I mean.... those are succesful game companies.... sooooo if what you're saying is true then DE would love nothing more to be right up there with them....

In fact the event is so meh that I dont even want to 'exploit' it to begin with. I just want to straight up turn pc off and go to sleep. 

MAYBE it would t be as bad if Ai didnt just teleport and lag all over the place like theyre cosplaing an actual pvp game and you didnt need to nuzzle Ai in order to hit it with water gun. But both conditions create atrocious experience, youre shooting grineer for 10 seconds and it just doesnt register while he teleports around you all the fridging time. Disgusting. Its like having 500 ping, AND I played it solo. WTF. 

Rewards are also terrible as usual. I got the colors and the emblem aaand thats all. If the emblem was something interesting, I would t complain, but its absolutely isnt. 

• Like 1

23 минуты назад, Lutesque сказал:

This is The First Thing that came to my mind when I read that Update...

"Okay so I can get more Pearls now.... but the event... mechanically speaking hasn't changed.... its still a repetitive Slog" 

More importantly.... The benefit of AFKing is still there.... are you going to work your ass off to kill some enemies to get 30 more Pearls or.... kill one enemy.  Go hide your frame somewhere and leave for 5 Minutes to make Sandwich ?  

Sure you're getting less pearls but its not costing you anything.... 

Well.... I mean.... those are succesful game companies.... sooooo if what you're saying is true then DE would love nothing more to be right up there with them....

Their ceos are, companies arent. And considering recent blows with doom eternal, overwatch, anthem f76, es blades and so on theyre losing litetally millions. Most of their ips do nothing but stagnate and underperform. So much for being 'succesful' 

8 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

In fact the event is so meh that I dont even want to 'exploit' it to begin with. I just want to straight up turn pc off and go to sleep

LoL... Me too... its not even worth doing nothing...

1 minute ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

While there are still holidays DE gave us nice Event to chill, but no, must be screwed by egoistic players looking just for their own prosper. DE, please, remove the Event and take a rest, this community simply isn’t worth your effort.

By that logic they should just End The Game all together...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Their ceos are, companies arent. And considering recent blows with doom eternal, overwatch, anthem f76, es blades and so on theyre losing litetally millions. Most of their ips do nothing but stagnate and underperform. So much for being 'succesful' 

Wait what happened with Doom eternal? I thought the game was good i wanted to buy it

Here's the thing... Dog Days WAS indeed a great bit of fun... for four missions... however, grinding out 2000+ peals with the current rewards system to obtain some silly cosmetic items that have literally no bearing on gameplay and a few trash mods that maybe five people will find useful, well... guess what, that means if TONS of people are using that exploit that it's PREFERABLE to your designed gameplay loop AND THAT IS THE CORE PROBLEM.

If you don't want the things offered, you don't have to do the mission.
If you want the things offered, then you should.
I got everything I wanted from the event in 3 days, 6 days left till it ends.
I might grab another floof or two since they have physics.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

By that logic they should just End The Game all together...

Why not? If it’s up to me I already did that because I don’t know from where is DE getting so much patience after they see tons of complains, blaming and rants on their hard work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Take Arbitrations and Nightwave for example.

most of the complaints i saw were that both arbitrations and NW were just incredible boring. like people weren't complaining about dying in arbies but they were complaining about twice as long mission times. people weren't complaining that running vaults over and over again were hard or that doing 5 bounty's was hard. they were complaining that this was a sad excuse for content and felt incredible boring to play.

and DE seems to have misunderstood and lowered the difficulty of these modes. and you still get complaints for both being boring and tedious to do.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Why not? If it’s up to me I already did that because I don’t know from where is DE getting so much patience after they see tons of complains, blaming and rants on their hard work.

I guess this is where we disagree...

Actually I do believe DE works hard.... just noton the things that fix the game... right now their working hard onthe next PoE 3.0 that they're going to leave in an unfinished and buggy state.... 

You know Drones still get stuck on PoE.... ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

They do but every time they make something harder or more challenging in the game, some people come to the forums harassing them for making something too hard.

Take Arbitrations and Nightwave for example.

"wahh i can't do perfect capture, wahh doma too hard"
"wahh i forced to do things i don't want in a game"

i feel ya, some of this ppl need to learn to think for themselves. 

• Like 3

Oh look, a wall of text from an exploiter trying to defend his exploits. Yes, DE gets to pin it on you if you used the pause exploit knowingly. 

Simply being AFK in the mission doesn't cross over to an exploit, that's well in the realm of cheesing the content.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I guess this is where we disagree...

Actually I do believe DE works hard.... just noton the things that fix the game... right now their working hard onthe next PoE 3.0 that they're going to leave in an unfinished and buggy state.... 

You know Drones still get stuck on PoE.... ? 

Are we giving them time to Fix with all that “Content drought” garbage?

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

until our power is reigned in

DE showed they have no idea how to do that with the ESO ability shutdown mechanic. "You think if they spam something 5 times in 5 seconds we should shut down the ability for 15 seconds? No, that's too harsh better do 10 seconds." Like what the absolute donkey dong is that? Disable that ability for the whole round, disable the ability for 2 rounds. Put in mechanics for anti meta. Maiming too OP? Each time you do the same attack it reduces it's damage by 10%, wow 10 slide attacks will make it do 0 damage. Make using other weapons or melee combos get rid of stacks. Problem #*!%ing solved. People still abusing slides? Make slide attacks give 2 or 3 stacks at a time.

DE has had every opportunity to reign in our power, they're just choosing not to do so. They're just choosing to ignore everything about reigning us in for the content we're never going to get, because they don't give a diddily #*!% about us. Atleast they could be honest about it instead of saying "Don't worry we're doing it lul, here's a water gun arena with more work put into it". The community is exhausted, they don't want to do this fight with every little thing. It took 6 years for pet vacuum, and look how it turned out, beautifully. Just listen to us!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

DE has had every opportunity to reign in our power, they're just choosing not to do so.

Oh I know. Nothing in my posts has been what I actually expect to happen, just what I'd hope to see in a perfect world type deal.

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Oh I know. Nothing in my posts has been what I actually expect to happen, just what I'd hope to see in a perfect world type deal.

When the New War comes out everyone crying for nerfs is going to be crying because it is too hard.  I for one hope the Tau starts at level 140.

• Like 1