Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt still better than gauss

(PSN)KurimsomLady

At Running? Who cares. At just about everything else? Volt is prolly better.

DE has been making these theme frames and Volt is old school. Not much new beats the old school frames when it comes to scaling and specialization. It's been 2 years since DE made a good frame so based on that trend and a visual of abilities it's fairly safe to say Gauss is another casual frame without an actual purpose.

57 minutes ago, RunningChaos said:

Think of all the Gauss players just running away from you killing everything. Good times ahead.

Except it's easier to keep up with speedsters when you don't have 6 years of muscle memory thrown out the window by an inconsistent speed buff.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
  • Like 1

And I thought I was opinionated on the topic.

I will say this however:
Volt and Gauss is like comparing Apple and Peaches.
Both can be sweet, both are fruit. But they're not the same.

Volt in my eyes can act like a Jack of All Trades in a sense with a few points in speed to make it simple.
- His first skill may not be entirely useful, but can be used in a pinch for a quick stun or used for his augment (Shock Trooper) to amplify damage.
- Volt's second buffs the entire party's Reload Speed, Melee Speed and Movement Speed, quite handy in my opinion as it can make
some weapons fairly interesting when combined with the previously mentioned augment.
- The third skill is a basic shield, but can be used amplifying passing projectiles, or as a "riot shield" for melee/secondary users. Also being able
to block projectiles such as Kela De Thaym's homing rocket cluster or the dread bombard rocket, it's quite handy being that it can do so
with very little repercussion.
- Finally, the last skill he has is his "Radial Shockwave" as I've come to call it (just sounds more unique than just "Discharge"), with such being
one of the few skills in the game that can FORCE a proc on some enemies that don't even take status into account, it's a rare thing to happen,
but I've seen it done before. It's a skill that relies on clustered enemies to bounce damage between them rather than nuking a room, even if people end using it for that.

It's not perfectly rounded, but it's pretty close all things considered.

Gauss from what I've got seems to be a sort of.... "extension" of Volt's speed. In that he'll be more useful if you can manage Volt's speed, but would suffer otherwise.
Now that I mention it, he would probably have slight trouble in maps like Corpus Ships due to the usual low ceiling and sometimes tight corridors. Volt would be useful here because he wouldn't rely on constant speed, if the buff runs out, just apply another one.

But yes, should it matter, why not mention Loki? His high sprint speed is nothing to scoff at either being at a base 1.25 and going invisible in the meanwhile is certainly a plus.
All in all, there are plenty of speedy warframes (even if most of the "speedruns" of maps are done with Nova) so Gauss isn't going to crush them all, he's just going to be a specialization of which you can choose.

Either way, Mastery Rank is still a thing, so only time will tell.

PS: 30%+ usage on Volt Prime, best starterframe. :^)

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” 
 Bruce Lee

Why is there a competition? Because they both go fast? Both frames have different attributes besides increasing movement speed, you know.

This is like saying Frost or Gara is better than the other based on their defensive abilities, or whether Titania or Zephyr are better than each other based solely on their ability to remain airborne.

Each frame has unique aspects beyond the simple fundamental similarities one of their abilities may have to another frame. Volt does more than just go fast. Gauss does more than just go fast, and we don’t even know the exact stats for his abilities yet. Why are we already trying to claim one is better than the other? 

Gauss is good in a straight line, probably has higher damage outputs due to limited ranged abilities (more single target focused vs Volt's multi target abilities), and from what I've seen probably faster too. However, he lacks crowd control and as we know CC is King in late game content. However, this doesn't mean he's any lesser or greater than Volt and I personally like his kit better as it feels more "industrial" which is my forte, and I look forward to playing him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

The biggest flaw I see with Gauss is his turning ability. Volt can turn on a dime which is essential for tight corridors. 

Holding down the "One Key" and moving left and right sounds and feels awkward which will make it even more difficult to turn corners but I guess that can be changed with a keybinding.