Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can the revive system in arbitrations be removed already?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

Seriously the whole revive system kinda ruined the whole challenging aspect of the already easy to play arbitrations. The whole advertised one life arbitrations is just a joke of a gamemode that is so mediocre that only 2-3 of its modes are worth playing for the rewards. Ever since they brought in the revive system its been just a downward spiral of people thinking their builds are good  and end up dying within 10 mins and constantly spam, "REVIVE ME REVIVE MEEEEEEE". I am so sick of people joining in thinking theyll automatically get a revive because they spam. Arbitrations as a whole really isnt challenging at all when you just need a competent build and not die like a noobie. The original arbitrations wasnt exactly good either when there were glaring problems that de still refuse to look at(and those god damn drones are another story). I refuse to revive anyone that dies in arbitration because im so sick and tired of getting my health halved everytime because people have zero idea how to play this god awful gamemode.

I now await the comments bashing me 

Related image

• Like 11

No one's going to bash you. That's precisely why I revive no one... anywhere. If someone gets decked, its because their skills suck. I have a crappy build and can take an arbitration pretty far...

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

I sort of agree with you, sometimes people need a slap to the back on their head as wake-up call that they need to improve themselves instead of expecting people to rise them back to their feet

On the other hand, I kind of having a relationship on the revive because I can have a second chance

• Like 2

My only wish in Arbitration is for Excavation to come online at least ONCE every 6 hours, and that I can buy Nitain Extract with Vitus Essence, but it will always be a wish. Don't really mind reviving others unless they die regularly

totally agree, this is like the only challenging mode we got and DE ruins it especially in public squad where some randoms just die in vain and expect others to revive him NUMEROUS times. Sometimes after you give up reviving him, for god sake, you will mistakenly pick up the "let your health drainsss more holy cowdung" shiny things. Imagine carry a bunch of AFK with 300 hp left after getting the health debuff.  

• Like 2

Although I dislike saying what I am about to say, as arbitration was supposed to be something for skilled players in the first place, 

Lets have a second instance of arbitrations where reviving is completely off like the early release. And levels are higher too. 

The only reason I say this is because I expect DE to still cater to (relatively) casual players and not go back to the way things were, 

9 hours ago, --C--Nehra said:

Agree. People bringing squishy frames when it's all about face tanking it and wiping everything you see, kinda gets me riled up too. Like before we even reach A rotation, the said squishy player died at least once. I basically abort and restart if somebody dies in less than 10 mins. 

I would stop bringing squishy frames when they add some more higher level content. Bringing a squishy frame is the only way I get to feel something  because it already feels a bit too easy otherwise. 

I can see why it would get annoying when they die early on by sometimes it's a honest little mistake. I would at least give them a second chance. 

Edited by Raqiya

The thing I hate is when some one dies you have a mine field of red gems all over.

Also they should make it when you res an Allie all dead pets res with him. Makes some one who dies every 5 min useful. 

Edited by BDMblue
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Ever since they brought in the revive system its been just a downward spiral of people thinking their builds are good  and end up dying within 10 mins and constantly spam, "REVIVE ME REVIVE MEEEEEEE". I am so sick of people joining in thinking theyll automatically get a revive because they spam.

I play arbitrations on a regular basis with a number of different frames and builds, with friends and in pubs.
I have never ran into a situation where someone was acting in the manner that you described.

Are you making stuff up or did it happen one time to you and you're just blowing things out of proportion?

I would say the worst team I ever got in pub arbitration was this premade group of 3 who were definitely not ready for it. After 30 minutes I had revived them a few times and they learned to just stay safe. They managed to find a ledge where the enemies couldn't shoot them and they stood up there for 120 minutes while I soloed everything. Then they thanked me and we went on our separate ways.

Totally agree with OP. I'll go a step further. Arbitrations are just bad and forcing players to go 60 minutes with one death, but also losses because of disconnects or crashes, why would anyone want to bother? I haven't done an arbitration in months because it's not worth the bother. Arbitrations need a complete overhaul.

Edited by BlackRoseAngel

5 hours ago, Raqiya said:

I would at least give them a second chance.

No such thing.

6 minutes ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

I haven't done an arbitration in months because it's not worth the bother.

Hey, I got what I wanted, in my case. The only reason I have to run those is for shts and giggles.

My issue with Arbitrations isn’t the revive system. I’ve never had any issues with spammers, and I don’t mind the second chance if some random mob in the next county manages to graze me with an invisible grenade.

My issues are that maybe Survival, interception, and especially excavation are the only enjoyable mission types but I keep getting Stofler defense, and that enemy spawn rates make survival and excavation break if you are solo. 

I’m not a big fan of drones either. They kind of restrict my options for what frames/weapons to bring. But they are more of a minor thing in my mind.

6 minutes ago, MSEP1 said:

I’m not a big fan of drones either. They kind of restrict my options for what frames/weapons to bring. But they are more of a minor thing in my mind.

I would prefer it if they were as big as those Grineer drones and instead of nullifying all damage they provide nearby enemies with a massive amount of DR.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Seriously the whole revive system kinda ruined the whole challenging aspect of the already easy to play arbitrations. The whole advertised one life arbitrations is just a joke of a gamemode that is so mediocre that only 2-3 of its modes are worth playing for the rewards. Ever since they brought in the revive system its been just a downward spiral of people thinking their builds are good  and end up dying within 10 mins and constantly spam, "REVIVE ME REVIVE MEEEEEEE". I am so sick of people joining in thinking theyll automatically get a revive because they spam. Arbitrations as a whole really isnt challenging at all when you just need a competent build and not die like a noobie. The original arbitrations wasnt exactly good either when there were glaring problems that de still refuse to look at(and those god damn drones are another story). I refuse to revive anyone that dies in arbitration because im so sick and tired of getting my health halved everytime because people have zero idea how to play this god awful gamemode.

I now await the comments bashing me 

Related image

Even in descent squad or just random squad?

Arbitrations were a joke the moment it came out. DE has to learn that only enemy ehp and dmg does not constitute a challenge. The only half way extra difficulty they implemented was the drones and even then they're nothing more than a slight annoyance for everyone that doesnt solely rely on nukes to deal their dmg (its essetially a band aid fix for nukes, but exalted weapon users got also shafted by them).

DE needs to completely take a second look at the enemy AI, since right now every unit is nothing more than a trash mob. Before they can fix arbitrations, they need to fix the actual enemies, since even in t4 enemies are nothing but a joke. Also they should noemalize the rotation duration, since 10 mi / waves is just to much and makes excavation the only game mode worth playing.