You've made a very mediocre warframe 

poor scaling 

doesn't synergies with his mobility 

Mediocre damage

Mediocre buffs 

Mediocre passive 

Mediocre synergies 

Everything is just worse 

I don't know if you did that so it doesn't compete with volt or because you have poor understanding of how scaling works in this game 

Gauss should sprint back to the drawing board again, thanks

• Like 1

Loved the frame. My only suggestion its to scale the time needed to charge his 4 to 100% inversely with duration, maling it feel less clunky, since he seems to take A LOT od time innorder to get said ability working. Spending 60 seconda charging from a 90 seconds ability its a lot of time on a frame with such a quick gameplay.

• Like 2

so, UNNMODDED..(forgot to put mods on weapons lol) the secondary is FAR better than the primary in every way except reload speed. the primary doesnt have any blast dmg to its rockets like the secondary and the damage is pathetic for such a high fare rate weapon with abysmal ammo pool. I want to say add the homing mechanic to the primary and up the dmg or at least add blast to it. I honestly love the homing mechanic of the secondary, makes seeing the blue trails look GREAT (also forgot to fashion them both haha)

As for Gauss, I like his 2, but his 3 hold seems like a rip off of Ember's 3, though with a diminishing ring. I really dont understand his 4 at all, especially since its base duration is low when leveling.

please remove the self damage on his weapons because it was completely unnecessary 

yes they arm themselves when its far away from you but when you use a runner/speed Warframe like Gauss

the projectiles will explode and kill you when you get near the target fast enough (Mach Rush)

these are supposed to be his "Signature Weapons" yet they punish you when using it together with Gauss/Gauss' abilities

if self damage removal is a no go at least increase the projectile speed so its faster than Gauss

Edited by KenthNisshoku
  • Like 2

Why do Redline's buffs scale with duration instead of power strength? I completely built him wrong without knowing because of this.

After then testing Redline with a ton of duration and neutral power strength, Redline takes WAY too long to fill up.

Can we just have duration make it easier to fill the Redline gauge, while duration increases the buffs?

I unfortunately have to support pretty much every complaint in this thread. At the moment he's more or less a much worse Nezha (man, wasn't that long ago when Nezha was a worse Rhino).

- Chugs energy with no good way to replenish it.

- There was a missed opportunity here to make him an energyless frame like Hildryn and just make everything run off his battery, building it with movement and his 1, and expending it with all his other abilities.

- What energy gain he does have works off being hit, which is utterly ridiculous for a frame that's about going 500 MPH.

- All his ability damage is bad. There's really nothing more to this, mediocre base damage with no real way to scale it.

- What little ability damage he does do is done through his 3, which encourages you to sit there and spam it, which seems completely counterintuative, especially given his 1.

- I honestly expected his 1 to scale to melee weapon damage like Atlas or Gara. Man was this a letdown. Especially given how expensive it is to use.

- Incredibly MAD. Wants all the stats, and yet the benefit of any given stat is really hit or miss in regards of how much of his kit it effects. I think duration isn't even helping the maintained version of his 1.

- Too much of his kit is situational. Even his shield lacks protection against many damage types.

- Using his 3 during his 1 is awkward, in addition to expensive. Honestly, using his 3 during his 1 should cause it to attach it to his 1, using its radius, and smearing over whatever distance he travels while it's activating. Basically, making it longer, but more narrow, both because that's more interesting and because it's easier to actually *hit* things with in the way you'd want to.

Edited by XaoGarrent
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

- Incredibly MAD. Wants all the stats, and yet the benefit of any given stat is really hit or miss in regards of how much of his kit it effects. I think duration isn't even helping the maintained version of his 1.

Strength does very little for him and range is almost unnecessary.

Just build duration and efficiency and you're set.

1 hour ago, Shadedraxe said:

Could holding down mac rush just consume energy per second and not per distance? (I was really looking forward to roaming with this guy on the plains. But after seeing how fast his 1 drains in smaller maps, I don’t think I can make it across open maps very efficiently).

Is it seriously energy per distance? Who thought that was a good idea? That basically makes modding it to go faster redundant because you’re still consuming the same amount of energy regardless.

Edit: if anything making his 1 faster is actually worse because you’re technically draining the energy even faster in the open worlds. You’re literally being punished for making the speed frame speedier.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Is it seriously energy per distance? Who thought that was a good idea? That basically makes modding it to go faster redundant because you’re still consuming the same amount of energy regardless.

Pablo should just run this entire company on his own already if the working minds behind warframes are that thoughtful

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kappa64 said:

Strength does very little for him and range is almost unnecessary.

Just build duration and efficiency and you're set.

You dump strength and range, his 3 becomes even more pathetic.

You max out efficiency to keep his 1 going, and you sacrifice too much duration.

You max out duration, and it makes his 4 take longer to charge up to 100%

I stand by what I said. He's just all over the place.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

You dump strength and range, his 3 becomes even more pathetic.

You max out efficiency to keep his 1 going, and you sacrifice too much duration.

You max out duration, and it makes his 4 take longer to charge up to 100%

I stand by what I said. He's just all over the place.

Kinda sucks that duration is what buffs the stat values for his ult, while also slowing down the charge rate.

• Like 3

Okay, so I have found one redeeming thing with him: With a high duration build, his 4 makes high capacity high fire rate weapons like the Ignis Wraith and Supra Vandal absolutely meme worthy.

Given I've already got him colored in red white and blue, my Gauss is probably going to become a firestarter, twisted firestarter.

16 minutes ago, Shadedraxe said:

Kinda sucks that duration is what buffs the stat values for his ult, while also slowing down the charge rate.

Yeah, unfortunately

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rankii said:

Also his noble animation doesn't loop properly like the other more animated animations. There's a clear point where all movement ceases and Gauss moves back to "frame 1"

Its really jarring 

Edit 1:
From chat I can tell the problems are
1) jarring animation cycle
2) Poor damage output
3) Duration not just scales his 4 but the meters charge rate which feels a little counter intuitive.
4) His mach rush is per distance instead of second
5) There's no real way to mod him his mach rush to go faster without outside sources despite being called the speed frame ( personal issue )

Edit 2:

perhaps you should give him an additional passive which allows him to shoot while sprinting this will help him build up meter whilst laying down the damage.

Edited by Raqiya
wanted to avoid double posting

2 hours ago, Raqiya said:

5) There's no real way to mod him his mach rush to go faster without outside sources despite being called the speed frame ( personal issue )

I knew it

I knew they wouldn't allow sprint mods or power duration or strength to scale his speed

The ability looks scripted unlike normal speed abilities like zephyr's 3 and volt's 2 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I knew it

I knew they wouldn't allow sprint mods or power duration or strength to scale his speed

The ability looks scripted unlike normal speed abilities like zephyr's 3 and volt's 2 

Dispatch overdrive can increase the speed and sprint mods only increase by a small amount from what i've seen he can also get buffs from outside sources but it would be nice to be able to make him significantly faster without being reliant on others.

Edited by Raqiya
edit

OBTAINING GAUSS' WEAPONS AKA "WHY WON'T YOU JUST TELL ME WHERE???"

DE, please, you need to start referring to missions by their name.

New Disruption missions have been added - first trip to the Wiki to see how many were added (as there were no related Alerts to introduce them).

Second trip to the Wiki to see exactly which were added, because even knowing that there are six, I couldn't find them (no flashing nodes, no icons - so it's Wiki or individually hover over every single node on the star chart).

Okay, played Disruption for a while, no Gauss Weapons dropping. Check Market - they supposedly "drop from Demolisher Infestation on Grineer Galleons in Disruption missions".

So... third trip to the Wiki - to confirm what "Grineer Galleon" is (these tileset names are never explained clearly in game).

Okay, just as I thought, a Grineer Galleon is on Sedna Disruption. Play for over an hour, no weapons dropping, no sign of "Demolisher Infestation".

Fourth trip to the Wiki - to figure out what the hell a "Demolisher Infestation" is and why it's not appearing on Sedna. Only now do I learn that it needs to be the Dark Sector Grineer Galleon and not just any Grineer Galleon and that such node can only be found on Uranus...

So, please, DE, be more clear with this stuff - mainly, I feel that it's a huge disservice to the new game modes that they don't have alerts and don't even show up as unexplored on the map! For those of us that have cleared the nodes previously, it literally feels like nothing was added with mainline, we have to scour the star chart for it and consult the Wiki to even understand what drops where.

Just say "These weapons drop from special enemies known as Demolishers, found on on Ur, Uranus" - that is clear! "Grineer Galleon" is not clear, because tileset names are never explained and are not used consistently. Also change that "Demolisher Infestation" to "Infested Demolisher", as that makes it clearer that it's a singular enemy unit and not like "the Infestation".

Next week, I think you should add a small set of Alerts - one for each Disruption mode, some minor rewards - this would introduce the game modes to the players and show us where they're found. Alternatively, consider maybe making them flash (as if undiscovered) until played.

• Like 1

So has no one else noticed that increased duration also seems to speed up your battery drain? 

Also why does his primary have so little ammo? I mean 46 mag and 92 reserve? Its not a launcher imo its a rifle that has explosive rounds, AND its being used with a frame that basically wastes ammo like its going out of style.

• Like 2

One of the most mediocre frames of this year , it's like a ground zephyr but even worse , just imagine.

Passive Should be amped , its so weak it hurts

1 skill is hard to control ,and clunky , doesn't even deal real damage and the modding options is just weak.

2 is okay , i guess ? why not giving him innate damage reduction to everything instead of being a gimmick ? Multiple frames have damage reduction on their kit (Nezha,Rhino,Nova,Chroma)

3 skill : BLAST PROC nothing else to say

4 skill : It's kinda cool but feels weak as an ultimate

Feels rushed and super weak , grendel look's like its going to have the same problems as gauss.

Edited by Shelter92

Had a go at Gauss ranking up to 30, so far so fast.

Mach Rush at times won't stop running even when I release the hotkey, making me overshoot unintentionally unless I press 1 again where I want to stop... only at times that also makes me dash away. Controls a bit janky. I had hoped that enemies hit by Mach Rush and its shockwave would be dazed on the ground for a while (since it's such a disorientingly fast skill, we need a bit more reaction time to reap the rewards), but they recover so quickly they are already shooting when I flip around.

IMO Kinetic Plating damage reduction shouldn't be affected by Strength at all if all it does is dip into lower than 100% due to Ability Strength stat.

Thermal Sunder... Cold Sunder is great for CC. Heat Sunder damage over time is utterly negligible, its panic effect unreliable. Blast Sunder for added comic relief (enemies get blow away, from the very AoE you want the enemies to stay in). Sunder AoE damage per second is far too low, if it procs at all it's a low chance, and the AoE shrinks so much instantly that I wonder why I bother modding for range.

Redline does make things feel faster, but the damage sparks it throws aren't up to par for a fourth ability, at least from my brief playthroughs.

Overall Gauss needs more scaling damage and sustainable CC. He's fairly basic a frame-work/foundation for a strong contender Warframe. Looking forward to tweaks.

Passive:
please stop trying to push shield related passives until they're worth it .

the passive gauge gain could use a little push, it's hard to gain gauge easily if you have to headbutt every wall with his 1. Getting gauge by hitting enemies with his 1 could be a nice addition.

Mach Rush:

- the hitbox is really weird

- would be nice it it was a tad bit easier to control. Not volt level of control but lower to differentiate their abilities.

Kinetic Plating:

- the regen seem to be bugged or is extremely weak because it takes into account his DR and and any DR you put on

- Coud have been better as a toogle or needs as longer base duration

- the gauge deplition rate is on the weak side when swarmed.

Thermal Sunder:

- The base range is really annoying to deal with.

- The heat component is not worth. The cold componant does't seem to be a full freeze (would be nice if it was directly without needing to recast twice). 

- the combined areas could be nice it it contently applied the blast for the duration. Would give them a nice "area denial" niche playstyle if the raneg is staying this low.

- the AoE shrinks too fast. Either buff the duration or just let it be at full range for the duration we have.

- Tapping sometimes gets detcted as a hold and gives a heat proc when youn want the cold proc.

- wasting gauge on the worst proc of the two doesn't really seem like it's worth it

- Could be better if it gave him additionnal gauge per enemy hit to allow you to use your abilities more freely and justify the loss on the heat component.

Redline

- The locking at the start is way too long

- Honestly should have been a party buff. Selfish frames are really hard to justify with the current roster.

Overall, fun in open tilesets, mediocre damage, minimal utility besides his speed since the 3 base range is so bad, the buffs on his 4 are nice personal buffs tho. On weak side for me personnaly if he's staying a selfish frame. A lot of work and ability upkeep with the gauge and recast of his 2 for minimal returns.

Edited by SSI_Seraph

Lots of great feedback so I'll just add his battery needs to decay slower. Especially with open world missions I find myself having to basically run away from the objective to keep my abilities up. Kinetic plating should also have a higher base percentage on empty, he's pretty flimsy anyway.

Edited by Ramflare

does DE not have some sort of testing environment for warframes? or maybe you can give a workshop on how the game works. like, gauss' values make no sense. there's no way this would go live if anyone had a clue. what is going on over there?

Edited by waynexx

I've already said that the fire part of his 3 is WAY too bright and blinding.

His damage is an absolute joke. On Hydron, Sedna the enemies are only mid 30's. I was running with 160% power strength, 155% duration, the rest at 100%.

Redline's sparks were only doing 100-150's to the Grineer kavats. They also only seem to home on enemies at random. I've seen so many go the wrong direction even with only one enemy two feet from my warframe.

Edit: Saw an above that said all the stats of Redline are modified by duration and not power strength...What's with that?

His 1, with the 2 active...only does about 20% of a lancer's health. The lancers are by far one of the weakest Grineer units on Hydron.

I rarely ever saw the 3 kill anything, mostly because of the 'bright' idea to make it shrink faster than an unmodded Limbo's 4. I have a maxed primed continuity on it, which makes it that much sadder.

And my favorite. For some unknown reason, jumping stops Mach Rush (1) absolutely cold. But you can activate it in mid-air, so not being on the ground sure doesn't seem to be a problem.

I'm probably just going to stick a narrow minded mod on him due to his damage being so worthless in any content higher than 25. I saw the stream where they said "He needs a nerf because he's killing things to fast". Except they were killing level 15-25 enemies. You can breathe on enemies that low and kill them.

I'm still crafting the weapons, so I have no feedback on those, yet.

Edited by Riger82
  • Like 1