Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault: Hotfix 25.7.4 + 25.7.4.1

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Universal Syndicate Medallion Change:
As stated in Update 25.7.0, the Universal Syndicate Medallion is now useable for Ventkids and Simaris Standing! After some internal discussion and player feedback, we decided against allowing the Universal Medallion to apply to Conclave. It didn’t feel right to add a PvE path for a PvP gamemode, especially towards those you have actively played Conclave to get their Standing. Apologies for the chain yank!

This is a mistake. I have played many hours of Conclave and I have a lot of cosmetics from it, and I believe that a medallion that would have allowed people to access these items without going into Conclave was a great idea. The game mode is underpopulated and most people playing it do so at a very high level, giving it a huge barrier for entry. This is no reason why non-conclave-players should be shut away from buying Teshin's wares.

"If more people have it it will be worth less in terms of bragging rights" is no argument. It's just a petty defense of elitism from bad actors who should be disregarded.

Please let people rank up Conclave with Universal Medallions!

16 minutes ago, Yual said:

If you want to get access to conclave skins , Play conclave like we all did. 

Dont get me wrong, im 100% for none exclusifs content like event weapons or sigils. But Conclave is available to anyone and you can have everything by playing it.

I am not arguing for or against the Conclave decision, but doesn't your argument (that anyone can just play for the rewards) apply to all the other syndicates as well? I mean, why have a universal medallion in the first place (especially if it is not, in fact, universal)?

Rendering Changes:

As mentioned back in 25.7.2, the team has been relentlessly working to fix issues brought up with the Rendering changes brought in Update 25.7.0. The most prominent feedback was related to ‘dull looking metal’, and you weren’t wrong! 

We’ve applied a shader change to the entire game for an overall wash of the dull metal textures to reduce roughness. This should be most noticed on characters (Warframes, Operators, etc) where your Fashionframe eye is trained to spot imperfection.

Please keep in mind that even though rendering is more accurate/consistent now, some legacy materials could suffer. Let us know if you spot something funky!

I spot that these "fixes" did actually, literally nothing. No, really. There is literally. No. Change. It is just as bad as after the first update. Let's review:

Before 25.7.0, when the game still looked good:

ux8q5SM.jpg

After 25.7.1:

7P3amgZ.jpg

Rendering Changes & Fixes:
Below are just a few tweaks before the long weekend in an attempt to alleviate some graphical over sights from the rendering changes brought in Update 25.7.0. More fixes are definitely coming once the team has regrouped next week. Apologies for the premature changes - the excitement got the better of us!

• Improvements towards metallic chunk textures looking too soft on Warframes.

After 25.7.2:

EE56pHj.jpg

And now, after 25.7.4.1:

5NbpLyt.jpg

NO DIFFERENCE. NONE. Metals are still plastic. Colors are still washed out. Light is still blasting. Prisma equipment is still ruined.

You didn't fix anything! Just scrap the new rendering and change it back please!

22 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Prime Vault: Hotfix 25.7.4.1 is now live!

Changes:

• When previewing Kubrow/Kavat Armor that cannot be equipped on your current Kubrow/Kavat (Hyekka, Moonless, etc) it will now display the compatible Kubrow/Kavat Skin.

Is there any plans in the works to just make the skins and armors compatible?

il y a 9 minutes, MarrikBroom a dit :

I make sugestions to Scott, Steve, and company constnatly on augment ideas, game mode tweaks, visibility issues (low vision sucks.) I even made a suggestion Scott liked about allowing operators who dash into enemies to do a superman punch for an instant knockdown/stagger. People have been complaining here, on reddit, youtube, and elsehwere that conclave as a game mode promotes attitudes that are opposing to the normal loop of what gets people interested, to the point that it's like... five toxic people screaming about 'muh accomplishments and achivements' screaming at everyone else, and a general feeling like if you do anything to dare annoy any of those players you'll be accused of win trading and get locked out of the ENTIRE game.

So given you are literally sneering down your nose at the rest of the population about a game modethat literally was statistically less populated than raids.... and raids went away. What do you suggest to draw in new players in a way that doesn't make those newbies feel like they'rej ust being trotted out as fodder for people like you to crow about being scrubs?

In short? How can we be made to feel welcome when the stereotypical conclave player is seen as a selfish entitled elitist jerk who makes CoD and Counterstrike's communities appear well mannered in comparison?

While i share the sentement. I actually could find uses for the medallions as is. Problem is while I personally could find a purpose, as in 'oh hey i'm swapping syndicates around so this will help me redo standing' the big draw was going to be Conclave. If you're going to lock conclave out because 'pride and accomplishment' lock out simmaris, vent kids, quills, etc for the same reasons. 

There is literally nothing sensical about this decision. As stated above, conclave has less useage than raids used to and raids got removed. 1k standing. HELL, even 5k standing medallions suddenly aren't going to invalidate oncalve players. It's a slog and a grind regardless given low drop chance in a single game mode and maybe twitch drops/alerts. It isn't the end of the world for those sitting atop the conclave mountain hurling boulders at us PvE plebs.

Exactly. What was this discussion. Please, post that discussion so we can read it. Was it 'everyone begging one guy who's stubbornly in favor of PvP?' What was yoru rational here? How did you come to this outcome as being fair and good given how little people like conclave, the community perception of 'hardcore' conclave players being elitist A******s, and how unliked the past pvp events were alongside the continued fear of being banned from the entire game because someone's throwing a hissy fit. Explain your logic. PLEASE.

Second/continuing the motion. Fair is fair and if you aren't going to throw us a bone to give us an alternitive path up the PvP mountain that is still a slog, but one we are equipped and willing to deal with? Axe everyone else getting any love.

Alright. I'm going to admit to feeling hostile towards people who like conclave. So instead I'm goign t oask for your input here.

How would  you make conclave better? A place where people like me will actually have fun rather than this 'oh you're either first place or you get scraps'? Give me your insight on how to improve conclave so it will be better.

More importantly. What made you look at a PvE focused game. Then go 'nah i wanna play this game mode that has literally one percent of the playerbase and is often viewed as this toxic cesspit of hatrid' and go... 'yea, forget CoD, Halo, and the like. I want to do that!' Can... you please answer that?

Except you dont need conclave to progress in the Pve content. Its just skins. Skins that player earn by playing conclave. 

17 минут назад, Yual сказал:

If you want to get access to conclave skins , Play conclave like we all did. 

Same can be said about all syndicates: "suffer through them because we all suffered". Well, tell ya what, maybe, just maybe, suffering through something just because earlier, in bad old days, everyone did that is a bad way of doing things.

19 минут назад, Yual сказал:

But Conclave is available to anyone and you can have everything by playing it.

But it's not. Take me for example. I'm playing on EU servers because on Eastern European servers Conclave is dead. Dead dead. There you can wait for hours for anyone to join you. And on EU servers it's nigh dead, since everyone's leaving after first round or even during the match if one side is doing better than average.

And don't forget that since it's a PvP ping is a big deal, so I can't play on NA, SA, Oceanian or Asian servers. So yeah, it's available for everyone. Not.

à l’instant, anfuerudo a dit :

Same can be said about all syndicates: "suffer through them because we all suffered". Well, tell ya what, maybe, just maybe, suffering through something just because earlier, in bad old days, everyone did that is a bad way of doing things.

But it's not. Take me for example. I'm playing on EU servers because on Eastern European servers Conclave is dead. Dead dead. There you can wait for hours for anyone to join you. And on EU servers it's nigh dead, since everyone's leaving after first round or even during the match if one side is doing better than average.

And don't forget that since it's a PvP ping is a big deal, so I can't play on NA, SA, Oceanian or Asian servers. So yeah, it's available for everyone. Not.

Then why dont you invite your friends or clans menbers into it? since its empty in EU . you will be able to achieves challenges more easily. and it will make the conclave less empty

Just now, Yual said:

Then why dont you invite your friends or clans menbers into it? since its empty in EU . you will be able to achieves challenges more easily. and it will make the conclave less empty

Sure, because everyone looooves Conclave and have nothing else to do in the game. If people actually enjoyed playing Conclave, it wouldn't be dead. 

1 minute ago, MarrikBroom said:

So why are people crying and bawwing that people shouldn't have access to these things? 'It's just skins' after all. If you're going to act minimalist towards the idea, that argument can and will be turned around. 'If it's no big deal' why is it suddenly a big deal that someone has a chance to farm for hours to get a 1k rep gain?

THANKS!

4 минуты назад, Yual сказал:

Because timezones, my friend, is a thing. The majority of my clan is from the US and we have some seven hour difference. As for the others from our alliance? Well, they have everything they ever wanted from Conclave so they don't want to waste time on it, and waste of time it is. Any other great ideas?

Fixed filepath showing instead of  "INSERT SHARD" text in Teralyst Bounty.

One "filepath instead of text" bug is fixed, another one remains:

Dismantling fish in Fortuna still shows filepath instead of confirmation text.

Fixed opening a Look Link while in the main menu using a controller resulting in the preview being overly dark.

Thanks for fixing this!

Universal Syndicate Medallion Change:

As stated in Update 25.7.0, the Universal Syndicate Medallion is now useable for Ventkids and Simaris Standing! After some internal discussion ***and player feedback***, we decided against allowing the Universal Medallion to apply to Conclave. It didn’t feel right to add a PvE path for a PvP gamemode, especially towards those you have actively played Conclave to get their Standing. Apologies for the chain yank!

i call shenanigans. exactly which players did you gather this so called feedback from? would it perhaps be the same kind of salty gatekeeper types who got upset about the login system rework? maybe the ones who who first farmed hema and who were then used as an excuse to keep the hema unconscionably expensive going forwards?

player feedback on providing a VIABLE- ahem, i mean "pve" path to gain something otherwise unobtainable is by inherent nature overwhelmingly positive unless you're not gathering it correctly. the godly movement vs mortal reflex issue caused by parkour 2.0 makes conclave an esports-god-only game mode, and thus unplayable for basically everyone; that "pvp path" is only there on paper, not in practice.

2 minutes ago, Cryssoberyl said:

I spot that these "fixes" did actually, literally nothing. No, really. There is literally. No. Change. It is just as bad as after the first update. Let's review:

Before 25.7.0, when the game still looked good:

ux8q5SM.jpg

After 25.7.1:

7P3amgZ.jpg

After 25.7.2:

EE56pHj.jpg

And now, after 25.7.4.1:

5NbpLyt.jpg

NO DIFFERENCE. NONE. Metals are still plastic. Light is still blasting. Prisma weapons are still ruined.

You didn't fix anything! Just scrap the new rendering and change it back please!

Usually I wouldn't say just straight roll it back but I have to agree here, I was stuck in a catch 22 before because i play on a 42" screen I cannot use 8x AA because it was creating weird partle effects when upscaled for my screen 4x was just enough to be tolerable with the occasional artifact here and there (oh yeah and you cant render at higher than 100% res for...some reason im sure)

Now however because EVERYTHING catches the light 4x is just full of spots and light artifacts and unplayable, now I changed it to 8x with minimal sharpening to combat it which was somewhat effective at getting rid of the wet look on everything but now earth (and to be fair more or less everywhere else) is 30fps where it was 50-60 at 8x before and solid 60 at 4x.

For all the incoming "hurr durr get better gpu duuuurrrr" yes im going to go out at 11pm and buy a new gpu for 1 game that is causing issues ill get right on that meanwhile maybe instead of fixes being rushed out it could be properly tested and worked on before release and then hotfix...just saying.

A few bugs.

1. I am currently seeing the focus convergence orb even if I don't have a lens installed on anything.

2. If you don't plan on changing spoiler dash mechanics can you please review the (POE) dashing above shrine mechanics. For some reason it is bugged at that location. Dashing above the shrine literally pulls you back to the location before dashing.

The renderer metallic fix appears to have given many non-metallic surfaces an excessively glossy sheen, to the point where on several tilesets they look either wet or dipped in wax. It's particularly jarring on operator skin textures, giving them a rather disconcerting oily appearance.

AZVesIFh.jpg

It can also be seen on matte cloth surfaces; pictures below taken in both the orbiter and the Orokin Tower extraction scene.

z4oMuanh.jpg

d2WBwvyh.jpg

Finally, previously glossy non-metallic surfaces are now even glossier, as can be seen in the orbiter:

mu1mWzKh.jpg

It's a shame, as while the metallics needed a little tweaking I'd found the first rendering update to be a great improvement; skin/cloth/leather textures looked much more believable and it fixed a number of tilesets which would render player models excessively shiny. Hopefully a happy medium can be found.

Archived