Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question to the Community: Are Warframes and Weapons 'Content'?

Scruffel

Is it content? Yes , its something new to the game that did not exist previously, .

by which definition anything added to the game is content , the floofs were content , tennogen and skins is content and even the various streams are content - it can be used to keep you engaged , but i would call it hollow content

The problem is differentiating the content that is

reward - the frames , weapons , palletes and skins,

the means to obtain the reward - missions (actual gameplay) , plat , viewing streams,

the reason to obtain the reward.- Progression, Lore , sense of accomplishment .

So far we have only gotten the first part the rewards , but the means and reason to obtain the rewards is lacking greatly in the last few updates,

When i farmed Gauss there was no sense of accomplishment or progression , no reason to use him regularly.

Of course this is true for me only cause i have been here a while and already have everything , those just starting out would not really be in such a state.

They are,

But in no way a measure of advancing through the game. Having more of them makes players come back, but essentially not for the long haul. Tweaking them at the simulacrum and dressing them up for nothing except for the same ole same ole will not satisfy as much as the next mode, challenge or the boss fight tied to the story line.

Yes, but their value is also based upon what they can be used in, the issue right now is that many things have gotten stale so even new things are being used in stale content.

Think like making a fresh ham sandwich on stale bread, the ham is good, but the bread is crusty and old.

Yes, but not the kind I'll come back for when taking a break from the game. I return when there is a new game mode (disruption), boss fight (ropalolyst), or area (fortuna), and I think getting new weapons and frames is a nice bonus to play around with, but that isn't the type of content I'd specifically come back for by itself.

To answer the op:

Technically, yes.

In practice, no.

Example. While gauss is certainly 'new content' what you do with him is run through the 'old content': all the missions, tilesets and so on that were there for years.

Frames and cosmetics are not adding much to the game. Back when they were releasing new prime frame trailers, you could at least enjoy the frame and trailer that went with it. Nowadays, it's slew of new frames translating to 'now go grind this or that mission 30 + times'.

Edited by Merrowen

On 2019-09-05 at 8:37 PM, (PS4)thecoolman575 said:

New warframes and weapons give you new ways to play the game but the playable content itself doesn’t change it’s still the same content

I atleast would not call warframes and weapons sustainable content

Your first sentence contradicts itself.  Having a new warframe with new abilities offers new playability options, if it didn't we wouldn't have new frame synergies popping up with the launch of new warframes.  Do the enemies change?  Usually no, however, the tools you use to kill them/cc them certainly have changed over the years otherwise everyone would still be on vauban as the cc king and not khora, hildryn, etc. etc.

Yes, guns and frames qualify as content.  They are new.  You haven't played with them before.  You haven't forma'ed them out to be optimized.  You haven't learned the frame inside out.  Frames usually have a lot of depth in terms of what you can do mod wise with said frames.  What other frames you can combine them with to take their abilities to new heights that you cannot achieve solo.  What niche they fill.  

MY definition of content: Something to do or interact with for a time that rewards me in some way either emotionally or materialistically
so yeah new weapons and frames id consider content since actual content is subjective to person to person so what might be content to me may not to you 

I mean, it's literally content, but probably not the kind they mean. It's adding something to the game. If its a Warframe or weapon interesting enough to get me to play for 12 more hours than I normally would in a week, I'm "adding content" by providing myself as a squadmate for other tenno. All tenno "add content" just by playing the game any way but solo, in a farfetched way.