Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Mod Drop Booster

Zyga21

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

This is what im afraid of because of instead of fixing their problems theyre selling us more solution i agree mate

They havent fix Heat proc stun can be overwrite by other cc (knockback, stun) which even made ember bad in terms of her cc abilities.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Dude, they nerfed the mod drop chance, they're now selling a mod drop chance booster. If you can't put 1+1 together, you might be the one with the issues.

Did you forget about the kubrows? 

They buffed it, realised that it meant not just double dipping, but levels of dipping even God has never seen, Usul. 

Then they nerfed the insane levels of stacking, but not single dipping. 

Then there was a huge uproar, even though it would only affect people who are trying to exploit the drops. Because let's call it what it was, it was seriously OP. 

Then DE seems to have listened to "us" and gave us a way to bump it back up if we want to. 

Now there's an uproar. What a surprise. Can you tell how shocked I am? 

So the math should probably look more like 1+1.5+0.3-1.2+1.3x = pineapple. 

3 hours ago, Avienas said:

P.S. Anyone else remember that they nerfed double dipping drop affecting frames because of the silvergrove interaction being just a recent thing?

Oh what a wonderful memory you have, that lets you conveniently neglect to remember the things that don't fit your narrative. The Silver Grove interaction as you put it was the apparently unintended stacking of yet another drop rate modifier with all of the others we already had. 

• Like 1

The "lootframe" changes were needed to de-emphasise running everything as Nekros/Hydroid/Khora/Nidus. There was no "hiding" that on the forums. Threads got merged because everyone felt self-important about the issue and wanted to make their own thread rather than post in an existing one. This always happens when people rage-post.

On topic: No. You already have plenty of redundant boosters. Either use one of them or get rid of some of them before you add more. The 30-day ones are already over-priced for what they do, and give me the distinct impression of drop rates/amounts being set deliberately low so as to be "balanced" with a booster. For as much as people praise Warframe as being "fair" in terms of F2P, even sodding World of Tanks has a better more generous "Premium" option. All of the boosters in that game are available for a single Premium subscription at €10 / month, plus a bunch of other goodies. I could MAYBE get all the boosters in Warframe for this amount per month if I consistently got 75% off on Platinum every month... Because of course the Platinum store prices themselves are inflated by a factor of 4 and designed around being reasonable with that discount.

Between the talk of "sustainable rewards" aka rentals/consumables/upkeep and now this, not to mention the god damn "I can't believe it's not Battle Pass!" I don't see how Warframe can hold onto its positive F2P reputation for much longer. None of it is illegal, none of it is strictly immoral, but all of it is making the game more expensive and more grindy at the same time.

• Like 1

On 2019-09-25 at 4:49 AM, Vethalon said:

As long as they don't change dropchances, I don't see how you would need them, when we're mostly fine right now. It's also just doubling the chance, so if it's a rare mod, that'd be like 0.1%.

There are also no plans yet to sell the booster (prime access doesn't count, because buying that for the booster would never be worth it, It's basically only a bonus if you where allready going to get it) only make it available from sorties/nightwave, so it wouldn't be that you have to get it but more likely "oh, I got the booster, I'll better farm mods for the next week"

well see that's the thing though, they do seem like they plan on selling it as a normal booster, and 0.1% or not it's a 100% increase on a rare drop item, which means you have to do on average HALF the farming to get it.

18 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Thread cleaned up. Just a reminder folks that if you have to resort to name calling to try and disprove someone else's points or opinions, you have not only lost the argument, you have also violated the first rule of the forum's code of conduct! Arguing and debating is all well and good when you can do so in a respectful manner; you don't have to agree with someone to treat them civilly.

Also, thread title edited for clarity, some image spam cleaned up, and the thread has been moved to feedback.

Did mods merge in some other topic with mine? I see a lot of people discussing the looter frames nerf and not a whole lot about mod drop boosters

Edit: just saw ya did

17 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Several threads merged.

Could that stuff regarding the looter frame changes be moved to a different thread?

Edited by Zyga21

vor 48 Minuten schrieb Zyga21:

Could that stuff regarding the looter frame changes be moved to a different thread?

Dont be too optimistic about it, this is damage control so as few people as possible see it. The same thing happened back when loot frames got nerfed.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Zyga21:

well see that's the thing though, they do seem like they plan on selling it as a normal booster, and 0.1% or not it's a 100% increase on a rare drop item, which means you have to do on average HALF the farming to get it.

Also keep in mind that this will also affect mods that'll drop from enemies and havent released yet.

4 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

The 30-day ones are already over-priced for what they do, and give me the distinct impression of drop rates/amounts being set deliberately low so as to be "balanced" with a booster.

This is my experience as well. I feel like I'm compelled to run boosters if I want to progress at any reasonable rate.

I dont want to get into a long rant, but 6 years of text spam based trading is unacceptable

Players shouldn't need to rely on 3rd party sites like Warfame.Market - it should be IN-GAME

Even something simple such as allowing players to hire an NPC to sell their wares at Maroos Bazaar would be a good secondary option to Trade Chat

More accessible trading would generate more sales and sell more Platinum... literally everyone benefits

Certainly DE can do better than the broken, toxic, and very inefficient text based system we currently have

Trading 2.0 SoonTM ? DE PLS

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

I could MAYBE get all the boosters in Warframe for this amount per month if I consistently got 75% off on Platinum every month... Because of course the Platinum store prices themselves are inflated by a factor of 4 and designed around being reasonable with that discount.

The prices are inflated by a factor of 4? How on earth are you able to justify those mental gymnastics? 

Seriously, you PC Tenno are probably just so accustomed to calculating based on the lower value of plat. You should come visit us on consoles exclusively for a year or two, where there aren't many discounts on Platinum bundles. 

If enough of you were to come over, I suspect that we could sell the salt from the tears for a penny per tonne and still make a fortune. 

il y a 18 minutes, Gabbynaru a dit :

Work for your plat!

No one will benefit from all prices being 1 plat or so high they make Primed Chamber look cheap.

No one says prices will go down to 1 plat each part. People can simply set a price target and leave it that way, many others can follow. There is always a second part of the story and what you think might happen in the future changing these things won't probably happen.

Edit: You should embrace change, many good things can come out of it. REMEMBER: Things can always be changed back to the way it was, so it's not that big of a deal!

Edited by (PS4)Melo-Cake_IsBack

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Melo-Cake_IsBack said:

No one says prices will go down to 1 plat each part. People can simply set a price target and leave it that way, many others can follow. There is always a second part of the story and what you think might happen in the future changing these things won't probably happen.

Really? Cause if an item costs 45 plat now, all it takes is 44 people one upping each other for a quick profit for the item's price to plummet down to 1 plat. Which will happen, with a population of well over 30 million players.

• Like 3

I completely support an in-game store for acquiring items via a better trading interface. I haven't really done a ton of trading, if any, in other games, but Warframe has gotten me to do a little bit of it and most of it has gone well. Tradechat, I haven't found to be toxic (not very, anyway), but I agree with having a more dedicated in-game trading post or market interface. Maybe it would need improvements made to the Inbox as well, so you can get messages from people when they want something? But yeah, I'd be all for an in-game trading post and trading communication beyond just a chat box.

That said...I think the outrage over the mod drop chance booster is already getting out of hand. It's in Prime Access now because Prime Access is essentially early access for new items being added to the game. You pay an arm and a leg for that exact reason, and they made a separate accessories pack because the only way to get those is to pay for them and that's all some people want to pay for. Eventually, that Mod Drop Booster is going to make its way into the free daily login rewards, and possibly the Sortie reward boosters (unless they get moved elsewhere). They'll end up being free at some point, making buying them largely pointless. I haven't bought a single booster as long as I've played, I don't know why people rely on them so heavily. They're like steroids. They make you all jacked when you take them, but when you stop, you go limp and weak again. Better to just do it the hard way.

I get how people want to make this all sound like a giant conspiracy that DE just wants to bleed us of money, but the game is free and many of their recent updates (like nixing loot box mod packs, and adding inventory slots to Nightwave) have been to diminish the need to pay for things. Trading is one of the reasons drop chances on tradeable items CAN be low, and adding an in-game player run store or market interface, like you mentioned and I agreed with, would make a "problem" like a mod drop chance booster entirely a non-issue, and just a bonus for when they go free as daily login rewards.

Granted, trading shouldn't be the assumed place where people get everything. But the longer a person plays, the less stuff they need, and that remaining stuff is likely the rarest stuff in the game, which trading can significantly help with to fill out their collection.

I don't think this is nearly as big a problem as people are making it out to be. Many of the arguments I'm seeing are slippery slopes and assumptions.

• Like 2

Once upon a time (several times, in fact), someone had the brilliant idea of suggesting an AH to "avoid stopping to play in order to trade"...

... Trading is supposed to be as engaging as any mission... or anything else in the game, for that matter. In order to trade, just like in order to run a mission, you have to be there...

... Its purpose is to encourage socialization, of sorts... But considering that some people are unwilling to negotiate during a trade, many don't really see the true purpose of it...

... However, there isn't going to be a system like the one suggested by another player (Auction House), nor something like you suggested. That, by itself, goes against one of the rules that DE adamantly stated several times that its never going to change... And truth be told, I prefer it like how it is. If I want platinum, I have to engage in the trading system as I would engage Cetus... or Fortuna... or the Warframe client itself. I HAVE to be there, to make it worth my while.

Only those that trade out of necessity see no problem with the current system... Hell, not even those that trade regularly see a problem with this system, so~...

If that's a problem for you, I suggest you only bulk sell prime parts as your main way to get platinum... That, I can assure you, only takes a few seconds for someone to trade with you, and to empty all the prime parts you don't want/need. Otherwise, you can keep doing what you're doing and not getting anywhere... After all, the time you're spending here, on this topic, is time you could be engaging in potential trade... Or, you can keep running missions until you actually get something that someone actually wants and is actually really interested in actually trading for it... actually.

Edit: I'm not being toxic about it, since I trade out of necessity... But I do make an effort to, at least, get what people may want in order to make it worth my while. Also, forum has a trade sub-section to help...

Edited by Uhkretor

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The prices are inflated by a factor of 4? How on earth are you able to justify those mental gymnastics? 

Seriously, you PC Tenno are probably just so accustomed to calculating based on the lower value of plat. You should come visit us on consoles exclusively for a year or two, where there aren't many discounts on Platinum bundles. 

If enough of you were to come over, I suspect that we could sell the salt from the tears for a penny per tonne and still make a fortune. 

I have a PS4 acct too, so I know what you're talking about. However, the difference in how the "sales" work there is largely due to PSN, not DE, so it's actually more the case that plat is even more overpriced on consoles than PC. You also have to remember that this game first launched with this pay structure in place on PC, so you should consider that the baseline, not the other way around. It would be easy to accuse you of doing the "mental gymnastics" here, but I honestly don't think you were intentionally twisting it. It seems more probable that you're just so used to the way it works on console that you've taken it for granted.